|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pupil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
(a) Aspern's unpublished manuscripts.
(b) Aspern's property.
(c) Aspern's love letters.
(d) Aspern's lover.
2. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
(a) She responded coyly.
(b) She rudely rejected him.
(c) She started to negotiate with him.
(d) She proposed terms that were more expensive than he could afford.
3. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
(a) Miss Juliana burns them.
(b) He cannot afford them.
(c) Miss Tita burns them.
(d) They never actually existed.
4. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
(a) A con man.
(b) A street urchin.
(c) A salesman.
(d) An Italian lawyer.
5. What is it that shocks Mrs. Walker about Daisy Miller's behavior?
(a) She drinks.
(b) She walks with men in the street.
(c) She smokes cigarettes.
(d) She goes out alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
2. What is the publisher's rent?
3. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
4. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
5. Why has Winterbourne come to the place where he meets Daisy Miller?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)