|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pupil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winterbourne realize with a shock, about Daisy Miller?
(a) She is not a respectable woman.
(b) She is already secretly married.
(c) She is already sleeping with Mr. Giovanelli.
(d) She is too innocent for her own good.
2. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
(a) Her son.
(b) A checkbook.
(c) Her hat.
(d) A pair of soiled gloves.
3. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
(a) He will get paid retroactively if the Moreens make money.
(b) Morgan will not be told that he is working for nothing.
(c) Morgan will know that he is working for nothing.
(d) He will be boarded and clothed for free as well.
4. Who is the boy Winterbourne meets?
(a) Daisy Miller's cousin.
(b) A street urchin.
(c) Daisy Miller's son.
(d) Daisy Miller's brother.
5. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
(a) She rudely rejected him.
(b) She proposed terms that were more expensive than he could afford.
(c) She started to negotiate with him.
(d) She responded coyly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Morgan die?
2. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
3. How does James characterize the Moreens?
4. Who is Morgan?
5. Why has Winterbourne come to the place where he meets Daisy Miller?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)