|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pupil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
2. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
(a) Her son.
(b) A pair of soiled gloves.
(c) A checkbook.
(d) Her hat.
3. What does the publisher believe is the reason for Julianne Bordereau wearing a certain accessory in his presence?
(a) To impress him.
(b) To seduce him.
(c) To protect herself from getting a headache.
(d) To hide the searing power of her eyes.
4. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
(a) How much he will be paid.
(b) What his hours will be.
(c) What he will be responsible for, exactly.
(d) Where he will stay.
5. How does James describe Pemberton?
(a) Brilliant and curious.
(b) Outgoing and gregarious.
(c) Weak and ineffectual.
(d) Sophisticated and smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James characterize the Moreens?
2. Where is 'Daisy Miller' set?
3. How does Morgan die?
4. Why has Winterbourne come to the place where he meets Daisy Miller?
5. What does Winterbourne realize with a shock, about Daisy Miller?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)