|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pupil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A street urchin.
(c) A con man.
(d) An Italian lawyer.
2. What does the publisher believe is the reason for Julianne Bordereau wearing a certain accessory in his presence?
(a) To protect herself from getting a headache.
(b) To seduce him.
(c) To impress him.
(d) To hide the searing power of her eyes.
3. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
(a) Charity work.
(c) Factory work.
(d) Finding husbands.
4. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
(a) Kisses him publicly.
(b) Visits his house.
(c) Wears jewelry he gives her.
(d) Spends time with him alone.
5. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Build a terrace in the garden.
(b) Hire someone to tend the garden.
(c) Bring flowers to Miss Tita.
(d) Tend to the garden himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
2. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
3. Who is Jeffrey Aspern?
4. Who is the boy Winterbourne meets?
5. How does James characterize the Moreens?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)