|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pupil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that shocks Mrs. Walker about Daisy Miller's behavior?
(a) She smokes cigarettes.
(b) She drinks.
(c) She walks with men in the street.
(d) She goes out alone.
2. How does Morgan die?
(a) From malaria.
(b) From a broken heart for what he thought was Pemberton's betrayal.
(c) From shock to find out that his parents were actually broke.
(d) From tuberculosis.
3. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
(a) She proposed terms that were more expensive than he could afford.
(b) She rudely rejected him.
(c) She started to negotiate with him.
(d) She responded coyly.
4. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her hat.
(c) A checkbook.
(d) A pair of soiled gloves.
5. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
(a) Finding husbands.
(b) Factory work.
(d) Charity work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
2. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
3. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
4. What does the publisher believe is the reason for Julianne Bordereau wearing a certain accessory in his presence?
5. How does James characterize the Moreens?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)