|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pupil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the boy Winterbourne meets?
(a) Daisy Miller's cousin.
(b) A street urchin.
(c) Daisy Miller's son.
(d) Daisy Miller's brother.
2. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
(a) Spends time with him alone.
(b) Kisses him publicly.
(c) Visits his house.
(d) Wears jewelry he gives her.
3. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
(a) Her son.
(b) A checkbook.
(c) Her hat.
(d) A pair of soiled gloves.
4. How does Morgan die?
(a) From malaria.
(b) From shock to find out that his parents were actually broke.
(c) From a broken heart for what he thought was Pemberton's betrayal.
(d) From tuberculosis.
5. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
(a) Morgan will not be told that he is working for nothing.
(b) Morgan will know that he is working for nothing.
(c) He will get paid retroactively if the Moreens make money.
(d) He will be boarded and clothed for free as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the publisher believe is the reason for Julianne Bordereau wearing a certain accessory in his presence?
2. What is the cause of Daisy Miller's death?
3. How does James characterize the Moreens?
4. Who is Jeffrey Aspern?
5. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)