|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Aspern Papers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
(a) A con man.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A street urchin.
(d) An Italian lawyer.
2. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
(a) Miss Tita burns them.
(b) They never actually existed.
(c) Miss Juliana burns them.
(d) He cannot afford them.
3. What is it that shocks Mrs. Walker about Daisy Miller's behavior?
(a) She drinks.
(b) She smokes cigarettes.
(c) She goes out alone.
(d) She walks with men in the street.
4. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
(a) She rudely rejected him.
(b) She started to negotiate with him.
(c) She proposed terms that were more expensive than he could afford.
(d) She responded coyly.
5. Who is Jeffrey Aspern?
(a) A clerk.
(b) A publisher.
(c) A renowned poet.
(d) A painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
2. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
3. What does the publisher bring to Julianne Bordereau?
4. What is improper about Winterbourne talking to Daisy Miller at first?
5. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)