|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Aspern Papers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Winterbourne come to the place where he meets Daisy Miller?
(a) To meet Daisy Miller.
(b) To visit his lover.
(c) To come to school.
(d) To visit his aunt.
2. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
(a) A head wrap.
(b) An emerald necklace.
(c) An ostrich-feather hat.
(d) A green eye shade.
3. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
(a) She started to negotiate with him.
(b) She responded coyly.
(c) She rudely rejected him.
(d) She proposed terms that were more expensive than he could afford.
4. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
(a) A salesman.
(b) An Italian lawyer.
(c) A con man.
(d) A street urchin.
5. Who is Jeffrey Aspern?
(a) A clerk.
(b) A publisher.
(c) A painter.
(d) A renowned poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that shocks Mrs. Walker about Daisy Miller's behavior?
2. What is improper about Winterbourne talking to Daisy Miller at first?
3. To whom does Winterbourne defend Daisy Miller's character?
4. What does the boy ask Winterbourne for in the garden?
5. Where does Winterbourne encounter Daisy Miller the second time?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)