Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Art of Fiction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Dencombe before he can tell Dr. Hugh that he is a writer?
(a) He dies.
(b) He faints.
(c) Dr. Hugh tells him about the Countess and Miss Vernham.
(d) Dr. Hugh is called away.
2. What does the publisher bring to Julianne Bordereau?
3. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
(a) Mr. Offord's daughter.
(b) Brooksmith's daughter.
(c) A friend.
(d) Brooksmith's aunt.
4. With whom does the main character become infatuated?
(a) Lady Bradeen.
(b) Mrs. Jordan.
(c) Mr. Mudge.
(d) Captain Everard.
5. What does the main character think Captain Everard thinks about her?
(a) He wants to help her, but cannot break convention to do so.
(b) He is grateful to her for her help, but cannot acknowledge it.
(c) He resents her intrusion into his affair, but can't acknowledge the affair.
(d) He loves her but does not want to show it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James say a damsel in a small village can write about, if she is someone on whom nothing is lost?
2. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
3. What does the narrator send to Brooksmith?
4. What dose Miss Staverton say Spencer Brydon would have done if he had returned years earlier?
5. What do Dencombe and Dr. Hugh assume about each other before they have met?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)