Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dencombe expect when he opens the package he has received?
(a) To be proud of his book.
(b) To find that the check was for less than he expected.
(c) To see the flaws in his book.
(d) To get a dire diagnosis for his health.
2. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Build a terrace in the garden.
(b) Tend to the garden himself.
(c) Bring flowers to Miss Tita.
(d) Hire someone to tend the garden.
3. What changes for Mr. Offord?
(a) He inherits money.
(b) His health declines.
(c) He loses his memory.
(d) He adopts Brooksmith.
4. Who is Miss Vernham?
(a) The Countess' niece.
(b) The Countess' paid companion.
(c) Dr. Hugh's lover.
(d) Dr. Hugh's assistant.
5. Where is the telegraph office located in ''In the Cage'?
(a) In the library.
(b) In Crocker's grocery.
(c) In the bank.
(d) In the post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Marcher realize he should have done?
2. Who is Morgan?
3. What does Mr. Offord leave to Brooksmith when he dies?
4. What allows May Bartram to buy this?
5. What has Dencombe just received as 'The Middle Years' opens?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)