|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brooksmith work after his illness?
(a) As a waiter.
(b) As a stable hand.
(c) As a cook.
(d) As a footman.
2. What does May Bartram tell John Marcher about his secret?
(a) He had misinterpreted all the important signs.
(b) The event he waited for has already happened.
(c) Everyone knew his secret.
(d) She had always known about his secret.
3. For how long has Spencer Brydon been living in Europe at the beginning of 'Jolly Corner'?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 18 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 33 years.
4. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
(a) He should sell them all of his work.
(b) He should paint their portraits for a low price.
(c) They will be excellent models for him.
(d) He should help them present an illusion of wealth.
5. How does James characterize the main character's feelings for her fiancee?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John Marcher work?
2. Who steers conversation at Mr. Offord's house?
3. Whose life does John Marcher think his life should have resembled?
4. Why does Lady Bradeen stop using the main character's telegraph office?
5. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)