|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James describe Miss Vernham?
(a) Middle-aged and energetic.
(b) Alert and educated.
(c) Shabby but intimidating.
(d) Mousy and young.
2. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
(a) It had already happened, and it had already prevented great wealth for him.
(b) It would have consisted of a great love if it had happened.
(c) It would have broken him if it had happened.
(d) It consisted of nothing happening to him.
3. How does James characterize Mr. and Mrs. Monarch?
4. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
(a) Father and son.
(c) Distant relations.
(d) Intimate friends.
5. How long ago did May Bartram and John Marcher meet?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 7 or 10 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James describe Miss Churm?
2. How does James characterize the main character's feelings for her fiancee?
3. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
4. What changes for Mr. Offord?
5. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)