|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the main character stroll past on her way home?
(a) Lady Braden's home.
(b) Mr. Mudge's flat.
(c) Mrs. Jordan's house.
(d) Captain Everard's apartment.
2. What is the young man, whom Dencombe sees approaching, doing?
(a) Reading a letter.
(b) Discoursing to the young girl.
(c) Reading a critical review of his book.
(d) Reading one of his books.
3. What inducement does the fiancee offer the main character?
(a) Help with her housework.
(b) Undying affection.
(c) Savings on rent.
(d) A more luxurious lifestyle.
4. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
(a) He cannot afford them.
(b) Miss Tita burns them.
(c) Miss Juliana burns them.
(d) They never actually existed.
5. What does Dr. Hugh bring to Dencombe after Dencombe's collapse?
(a) A favorable review in a literary journal.
(b) Jewelry from the Countess.
(d) A copy of his first book for Dencombe to sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
2. What does Mr. Offord leave to Brooksmith when he dies?
3. How does James characterize the Moreens?
4. How does James describe Pemberton?
5. Who is the main character of 'The Real Thing'?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)