|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disappointing news does the main character find out about Captain Everard?
(a) He is dying of tuberculosis.
(b) He has many mistresses.
(c) He is generally regarded as a scoundrel.
(d) He is heavily in debt.
2. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
(a) It would have broken him if it had happened.
(b) It would have consisted of a great love if it had happened.
(c) It had already happened, and it had already prevented great wealth for him.
(d) It consisted of nothing happening to him.
3. What does May Bartram tell John Marcher about his secret?
(a) He had misinterpreted all the important signs.
(b) The event he waited for has already happened.
(c) Everyone knew his secret.
(d) She had always known about his secret.
4. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
(a) Her son.
(b) A checkbook.
(c) A pair of soiled gloves.
(d) Her hat.
5. Who is Morgan?
(a) A writer.
(b) A tutor.
(c) A student.
(d) A gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jeffrey Aspern?
2. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
3. What does Dencombe feel about his writing career?
4. What thought does the narrator give to Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
5. What warning does Miss Vernham give Dencombe?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)