|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brooksmith go after his mother dies?
(a) To America.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He departs on long travels.
(d) To Australia.
2. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
(a) It would have broken him if it had happened.
(b) It consisted of nothing happening to him.
(c) It had already happened, and it had already prevented great wealth for him.
(d) It would have consisted of a great love if it had happened.
3. What is the main character working on when the Monarchs come to see him?
(a) Writing a pamphlet.
(b) Looking for a model.
(c) Illustrating a book.
(d) Composing a letter.
4. How does the telegraph operator help Lady Bradeen and Captain Everard?
(a) She hides their correspondence from investigators.
(b) She prevents Lady Bradeen's husband from finding out.
(c) She contains the fallout of their affair.
(d) She poses as Captain Everard's lover for the sake of Lady Bradeen's husband.
5. How does James describe the Countess?
(a) Fragile and unhealthy-looking.
(b) Stout and middle-aged.
(c) Fit and energetic.
(d) Mousy and retiring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John Marcher think he was invited along?
2. How does James describe Pemberton?
3. What happens to Dencombe before he can tell Dr. Hugh that he is a writer?
4. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
5. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)