|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James describe Brooksmith's physical appearance?
2. What does the narrator send to Brooksmith?
(d) A doctor.
3. What is Dencombe's reaction to the package he has just received?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is thrilled.
(d) He is grateful.
4. What is the publisher's relationship with Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Her publishes her biography.
(b) He rents a room from her.
(c) He seduces her.
(d) He rents her a room.
5. What does the boy ask Winterbourne for in the garden?
(a) A cube of sugar.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
2. What does Spencer Brydon do with the second house he acquires?
3. What is Brooksmith's reaction to Mr. Offord's death?
4. What had John Marcher told May Bartram when they met earlier?
5. How does the main character find out that Lady Bradeen's husband has discovered the affair with Captain Everard?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)