|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Hugh create a reason to meet Dencombe?
(a) He feigns shortness of breath.
(b) He leaves his book on Dencombe's bench.
(c) He goes out of his way to stop at Dencombe's bench.
(d) He feigns a cramp in his leg.
2. Why has Winterbourne come to the place where he meets Daisy Miller?
(a) To come to school.
(b) To visit his lover.
(c) To meet Daisy Miller.
(d) To visit his aunt.
3. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
(a) What he will be responsible for, exactly.
(b) Where he will stay.
(c) What his hours will be.
(d) How much he will be paid.
4. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
5. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) They ignore his requests for help or referrals.
(b) They get together to help find him a new position.
(c) One of Mr. Offord's friends takes him in as his butler.
(d) They think it would be wrong to hire him themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
2. What does May Bartram tell John Marcher about his secret?
3. With whom does the main character become infatuated?
4. What does Mr. Offord conduct in his home?
5. What is the publisher's rent?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)