|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
(a) Walk out of the Moreens' house.
(b) Take a highly-paid job with another family.
(c) Adopt him and raise him as his son.
(d) Stay with him no matter the cost.
2. What is Miss Churm's relationship with the main character?
(a) She is one of his servants.
(b) She is one a representative from an gallery.
(c) She is one of his regular models.
(d) She is one of his patrons.
3. What does Eve Sedgwick suggest was John Marcher's real secret?
(a) His homosexuality.
(b) His death.
(c) His bankruptcy.
(d) His pathological fears.
4. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
(a) A head wrap.
(b) A green eye shade.
(c) An ostrich-feather hat.
(d) An emerald necklace.
5. How does James characterize the main character's feelings for her fiancee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that requires Mr. Oliver Offord to stay home?
2. How does the telegraph operator help Lady Bradeen and Captain Everard?
3. What does Dencombe expect when he opens the package he has received?
4. Where does Dencombe feel he is in his life?
5. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)