|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the main character find out that Lady Bradeen's husband has discovered the affair with Captain Everard?
(a) By talking with Captain Everard.
(b) By talking with another telegraph operator.
(c) By talking with Mrs. Jordan.
(d) By chance.
2. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
(a) They are shocked.
(b) They are depressed.
(c) They are disbelieving.
(d) They are outraged.
3. How does James characterize the lifestyle John Marcher leads?
4. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
(a) She responded coyly.
(b) She proposed terms that were more expensive than he could afford.
(c) She started to negotiate with him.
(d) She rudely rejected him.
5. How does Dr. Hugh create a reason to meet Dencombe?
(a) He feigns shortness of breath.
(b) He feigns a cramp in his leg.
(c) He leaves his book on Dencombe's bench.
(d) He goes out of his way to stop at Dencombe's bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
2. What allows May Bartram to buy this?
3. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
4. Where doe Brooksmith end up finding work?
5. What is Captain Everard's relationship with Lady Bradeen?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)