|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steers conversation at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) The guests steer it among themselves.
(b) Mr. Offord.
(c) The narrator.
2. What is John Marcher there to see?
(a) Wild animals.
(b) Antiques and artistic treasures.
(c) His lover.
(d) Society women.
3. How does James characterize the lifestyle John Marcher leads?
4. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
(a) Marrying Julianne Bordereau.
(b) Marrying Miss Tita.
(c) Paying 1,000 francs.
(d) Paying 1,000 pounds.
5. Where does the narrator think Brooksmith is now?
(a) Waiting table for the gods.
(c) Playing horses in America.
(d) Hobnobbing in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
2. What happens to Lady Bradeen's husband after he discovers his wife's affair?
3. How does James characterize John Marcher's social life?
4. What is Brooksmith's role at Mr. Offord's gatherings?
5. What does the boy ask Winterbourne for in the garden?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)