|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dencombe realize as he dies?
(a) Books only live forever if they have readers.
(b) People only get one chance.
(c) People die and get reborn all the time.
(d) Writers are already dead.
2. What does Dencombe feel about his future?
(a) He looks forward to critical appreciation for the book he is working on now.
(b) He is apprehensive about his savings holding out.
(c) He is depressed about his narrowing prospects.
(d) He expects to begin over again.
3. Why does Lady Bradeen stop using the main character's telegraph office?
(a) She understands that the main character is watching her.
(b) She moves away.
(c) She is sure the main character has stolen from her.
(d) She suspects the main character of having a crush on Captain Everard.
4. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
(a) A friend.
(b) Mr. Offord's daughter.
(c) Brooksmith's aunt.
(d) Brooksmith's daughter.
5. Where does the narrator think Brooksmith is now?
(b) Playing horses in America.
(c) Hobnobbing in London.
(d) Waiting table for the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Oronte from?
2. Where does John Marcher meet May Bartram?
3. Where does Winterbourne encounter Daisy Miller the second time?
4. Where does the main character stroll past on her way home?
5. Who is Pemberton?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)