|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John Marcher think he was invited along?
(a) He would talk to the old ladies.
(b) He was so polite.
(c) He got lost in the crowd.
(d) He looked so pitiable.
2. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
(a) Aspern's unpublished manuscripts.
(b) Aspern's lover.
(c) Aspern's property.
(d) Aspern's love letters.
3. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
(a) Charity work.
(b) Finding husbands.
(c) Factory work.
4. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
(a) It had already happened, and it had already prevented great wealth for him.
(b) It would have consisted of a great love if it had happened.
(c) It would have broken him if it had happened.
(d) It consisted of nothing happening to him.
5. Who is Pemberton?
(a) A tutor.
(b) A student.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James characterize the main character's feelings for her fiancee?
2. Who is the boy Winterbourne meets?
3. In what month is 'The Middle Years' set?
4. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
5. What does Dencombe feel about his future?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)