|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy ask Winterbourne for in the garden?
(a) A book.
(b) A cube of sugar.
2. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
(b) Factory work.
(c) Charity work.
(d) Finding husbands.
3. How long ago did May Bartram and John Marcher meet?
(a) A month.
(b) 7 or 10 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 1 year.
4. In what month is 'The Middle Years' set?
5. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Bring flowers to Miss Tita.
(b) Build a terrace in the garden.
(c) Hire someone to tend the garden.
(d) Tend to the garden himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does May Bartram think she has met John Marcher before?
2. Why has Winterbourne come to the place where he meets Daisy Miller?
3. What is clear to the reader and to Captain Everard, but not to the main character?
4. Who is Miss Vernham?
5. What distracts Dencombe from his meditation on his own future?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)