|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Vernham?
(a) The Countess' paid companion.
(b) The Countess' niece.
(c) Dr. Hugh's assistant.
(d) Dr. Hugh's lover.
2. With whom does the main character become infatuated?
(a) Mr. Mudge.
(b) Mrs. Jordan.
(c) Captain Everard.
(d) Lady Bradeen.
3. Where does the narrator think Brooksmith is now?
(a) Playing horses in America.
(b) Hobnobbing in London.
(d) Waiting table for the gods.
4. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
(a) Aspern's property.
(b) Aspern's lover.
(c) Aspern's unpublished manuscripts.
(d) Aspern's love letters.
5. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
(a) They are looking for their daughter.
(b) They are coming to model for him.
(c) They will commission portraits.
(d) They have come to buy paintings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the main character's feelings about the episode of the Monarchs' visit?
2. What does the main character plan to do, when she is disappointed by Captain Everard?
3. How often does the narrator stop by Mr. Offord's house?
4. How does James describe Pemberton?
5. What changes for Mr. Offord?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)