|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May Bartram buy in London?
(a) A golden bowl.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A pet bird.
(d) A house.
2. Why does John Marcher think he was invited along?
(a) He got lost in the crowd.
(b) He would talk to the old ladies.
(c) He was so polite.
(d) He looked so pitiable.
3. What does May Bartram tell John Marcher about his secret?
(a) He had misinterpreted all the important signs.
(b) Everyone knew his secret.
(c) The event he waited for has already happened.
(d) She had always known about his secret.
4. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) The food.
(b) Mingling in society.
(c) Turning people away if he felt they were not worthy.
(d) Skimming from the household budget.
5. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose life does John Marcher think his life should have resembled?
2. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
3. How much time passes between May Bartram moving to London and her falling ill?
4. What does the narrator send to Brooksmith?
5. How does James describe Miss Vernham?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)