|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May Bartram buy in London?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A golden bowl.
(c) A house.
(d) A pet bird.
2. What is Dr. Hugh's reaction to Dencombe's book?
(a) He is enthusiastic by reserved.
(b) He is unrestrainedly critical.
(c) He praises it lavishly.
(d) He is profoundly personally moved.
3. Who is the main character?
(a) A clerk.
(b) A Countess.
(c) A factory girl.
(d) A telegraph operator.
4. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
(a) They are outraged.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They are disbelieving.
(d) They are depressed.
5. How does James characterize the main character's feelings for her fiancee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Offord conduct in his home?
2. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
3. What does John Marcher realize he should have done?
4. Where is 'Daisy Miller' set?
5. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)