|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May Bartram buy in London?
(a) A house.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A pet bird.
(d) A golden bowl.
2. How does James describe Pemberton?
(a) Sophisticated and smart.
(b) Brilliant and curious.
(c) Outgoing and gregarious.
(d) Weak and ineffectual.
3. Why does Dencombe feel this way?
(a) He has published so many novels, he has gone through this before.
(b) This is his first book.
(c) He did not expect this money to come to him.
(d) His previous books were not well received, and he does not expect this one to be either.
4. How does James characterize the main character's fiancee?
(a) Devious and disrespectable.
(b) Decent but dull.
(c) Dashing but daft.
(d) Diligent and devoted.
5. What does May Bartram tell John Marcher about his secret?
(a) Everyone knew his secret.
(b) The event he waited for has already happened.
(c) She had always known about his secret.
(d) He had misinterpreted all the important signs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the telegraph office located in ''In the Cage'?
2. How often does the narrator stop by Mr. Offord's house?
3. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
4. How does Spencer Brydon acquire a second house?
5. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)