|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Hugh's reaction to Dencombe's book?
(a) He praises it lavishly.
(b) He is profoundly personally moved.
(c) He is enthusiastic by reserved.
(d) He is unrestrainedly critical.
2. Who relies on the main character for support?
(a) Her fiancee.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
3. What is John Marcher there to see?
(a) Wild animals.
(b) His lover.
(c) Society women.
(d) Antiques and artistic treasures.
4. What does Dencombe find when he reads his new book?
(a) He is impressed.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He despairs.
(d) He cannot pay attention to it.
5. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
(a) Marrying Miss Tita.
(b) Marrying Julianne Bordereau.
(c) Paying 1,000 pounds.
(d) Paying 1,000 francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is discussed at Mr. Offord's home?
2. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
3. What does Dencombe say about his best books?
4. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
5. Where is Oronte from?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)