|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Oronte from?
2. What is clear to the reader and to Captain Everard, but not to the main character?
(a) Captain Everard is getting bored with Lady Bradeen.
(b) Lady Bradeen's husband is finding out about his wife's affair.
(c) Captain Everard does not return her affection.
(d) Captain Everard is fascinated with the main character.
3. What assurance does Dr. Hugh give Dencombe?
(a) He will write another six books.
(b) He will be immortalized in his books.
(c) He will live a long time.
(d) He will live forever.
4. What does John Marcher realize he should have done?
(a) Taken May Bartram for a mistress.
(b) Moved in with May Bartram.
(c) Let May Bartram teach him about philanthropy.
(d) Fallen in love with May Bartram.
5. What is Miss Staverton's relationship with Spencer Brydon?
(b) Old friends.
(c) Old lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Miss Vernham give Dencombe?
2. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
3. What is it that requires Mr. Oliver Offord to stay home?
4. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
5. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)