|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Dencombe before he can tell Dr. Hugh that he is a writer?
(a) Dr. Hugh is called away.
(b) He dies.
(c) He faints.
(d) Dr. Hugh tells him about the Countess and Miss Vernham.
2. What does Dencombe feel about his writing career?
(a) He has peaked.
(b) His best work is still to come.
(c) He still had good ideas he is anxious to explore.
(d) He does not have any good ideas left.
3. What is the cause of Daisy Miller's death?
(a) Scarlet fever.
4. How does James characterize the neighborhood where the telegraph office is located?
5. To whom does Winterbourne defend Daisy Miller's character?
(a) Daisy Miller's mother.
(b) Mrs. Walker.
(c) Mr. Walker.
(d) Mr. Giovanelli.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lady Bradeen's husband after he discovers his wife's affair?
2. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
3. What does the main character's fiancee encourage her to do?
4. How does James characterize Spencer Brydon's alter ego?
5. Who is the main character?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)