|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disappointing news does the main character find out about Captain Everard?
(a) He is heavily in debt.
(b) He is generally regarded as a scoundrel.
(c) He is dying of tuberculosis.
(d) He has many mistresses.
2. How does James characterize the Monarchs as models?
3. What does Dr. Hugh bring to Dencombe after Dencombe's collapse?
(a) A copy of his first book for Dencombe to sign.
(b) Jewelry from the Countess.
(c) A favorable review in a literary journal.
4. Where does Dencombe feel he is in his life?
(a) Still developing toward his peak.
(b) At the end.
(c) Beyond the middle point.
(d) In the beginning.
5. How does James characterize the lifestyle John Marcher leads?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the publisher's rent?
2. Who haunts the house on jolly corner?
3. What happens to Lady Bradeen's husband after he discovers his wife's affair?
4. With whom does the main character become infatuated?
5. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)