|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did May Bartram and John Marcher meet?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 7 or 10 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) A month.
2. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
(a) They are disbelieving.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They are shocked.
(d) They are depressed.
3. What is Captain Everard's relationship with Lady Bradeen?
4. What allows May Bartram to buy this?
(a) Her personal fortune.
(b) A gift from her fiancée.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) Profits from her novel.
5. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
(a) Marrying Julianne Bordereau.
(b) Paying 1,000 francs.
(c) Marrying Miss Tita.
(d) Paying 1,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the main character become infatuated?
2. What does Spencer Brydon do with the second house he acquires?
3. What does the publisher bring to Julianne Bordereau?
4. What does the main character's fiancee encourage her to do?
5. What has Dencombe just received as 'The Middle Years' opens?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)