|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A con man.
(c) A street urchin.
(d) An Italian lawyer.
2. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Turning people away if he felt they were not worthy.
(b) Skimming from the household budget.
(c) The food.
(d) Mingling in society.
3. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
(a) It would have consisted of a great love if it had happened.
(b) It would have broken him if it had happened.
(c) It consisted of nothing happening to him.
(d) It had already happened, and it had already prevented great wealth for him.
4. Who is Jeffrey Aspern?
(a) A painter.
(b) A publisher.
(c) A renowned poet.
(d) A clerk.
5. What disappointing news does the main character find out about Captain Everard?
(a) He has many mistresses.
(b) He is generally regarded as a scoundrel.
(c) He is dying of tuberculosis.
(d) He is heavily in debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has Spencer Brydon been living in Europe at the beginning of 'Jolly Corner'?
2. What does Dencombe find when he reads his new book?
3. What is the main character working on when the Monarchs come to see him?
4. What does Mr. Offord leave to Brooksmith when he dies?
5. With whom does the main character become infatuated?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)