|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Hugh's reaction to Dencombe's book?
(a) He is enthusiastic by reserved.
(b) He praises it lavishly.
(c) He is unrestrainedly critical.
(d) He is profoundly personally moved.
2. What does Daisy Miller do that gives people the idea that she and Mr. Giovanelli are engaged?
(a) Wears jewelry he gives her.
(b) Kisses him publicly.
(c) Spends time with him alone.
(d) Visits his house.
3. What does May Bartram buy in London?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A house.
(c) A golden bowl.
(d) A pet bird.
4. How does James characterize the lifestyle John Marcher leads?
5. Who is Mr. Giovanelli?
(a) A con man.
(b) An Italian lawyer.
(c) A street urchin.
(d) A salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inducement does the fiancee offer the main character?
2. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
3. What does Dencombe find when he reads his new book?
4. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
5. What does Dencombe say about his best books?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)