|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jolly Corner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they are not very intelligent.
(b) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
(c) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(d) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
2. What does Eve Sedgwick suggest was John Marcher's real secret?
(a) His death.
(b) His bankruptcy.
(c) His homosexuality.
(d) His pathological fears.
3. Where does John Marcher work?
(a) In a government office.
(b) In a publishing house.
(c) In a newspaper office.
(d) He is an artist.
4. How does James describe May Bartram's physical appearance?
(a) He says that she is homely.
(b) He says that she looks frightful.
(c) He says that she is pretty.
(d) He says that she is plain.
5. Where does John Marcher meet May Bartram?
(a) Touring a country house.
(b) In London.
(c) In Paris.
(d) During a theatre performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
2. What does Dr. Hugh bring to Dencombe after Dencombe's collapse?
3. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
4. What does the publisher bring to Julianne Bordereau?
5. What changes for Mr. Offord?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)