|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Pupil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Julianne Bordereau's response to the publisher's initial request?
(a) She rudely rejected him.
(b) She responded coyly.
(c) She started to negotiate with him.
(d) She proposed terms that were more expensive than he could afford.
2. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
3. What is improper about Winterbourne talking to Daisy Miller at first?
(a) They have not been introduced.
(b) She is unmarried.
(c) She is by herself.
(d) He is married.
4. How does Morgan die?
(a) From tuberculosis.
(b) From malaria.
(c) From shock to find out that his parents were actually broke.
(d) From a broken heart for what he thought was Pemberton's betrayal.
5. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
(a) He will be boarded and clothed for free as well.
(b) He will get paid retroactively if the Moreens make money.
(c) Morgan will not be told that he is working for nothing.
(d) Morgan will know that he is working for nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jeffrey Aspern?
2. What is the cause of Daisy Miller's death?
3. Who is Pemberton?
4. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
5. Where is 'Daisy Miller' set?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)