|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Turning people away if he felt they were not worthy.
(b) The food.
(c) Skimming from the household budget.
(d) Mingling in society.
2. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
(a) A head wrap.
(b) A green eye shade.
(c) An ostrich-feather hat.
(d) An emerald necklace.
3. Where does Dencombe feel he is in his life?
(a) At the end.
(b) Beyond the middle point.
(c) Still developing toward his peak.
(d) In the beginning.
4. How does James describe the Countess?
(a) Mousy and retiring.
(b) Stout and middle-aged.
(c) Fit and energetic.
(d) Fragile and unhealthy-looking.
5. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
(a) Miss Juliana burns them.
(b) They never actually existed.
(c) Miss Tita burns them.
(d) He cannot afford them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
2. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
3. How does Morgan die?
4. What does Mr. Offord leave to Brooksmith when he dies?
5. What has Dencombe just received as 'The Middle Years' opens?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)