|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator think Brooksmith is now?
(a) Waiting table for the gods.
(c) Hobnobbing in London.
(d) Playing horses in America.
2. What distracts Dencombe from his meditation on his own future?
(a) Three people walking up the path.
(b) He watches the birds in the trees.
(c) He picks up his book.
(d) He watches people milling about on the lawn below him.
3. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Mostly women.
(b) Mostly men.
(c) All women.
(d) All men.
4. Why does Dencombe feel this way?
(a) His previous books were not well received, and he does not expect this one to be either.
(b) He has published so many novels, he has gone through this before.
(c) He did not expect this money to come to him.
(d) This is his first book.
5. Where doe Brooksmith end up finding work?
(a) In lower-class households.
(b) In newspapers.
(c) In aristocratic houses.
(d) In museums.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
2. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
3. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
4. What is it that requires Mr. Oliver Offord to stay home?
5. What do Dencombe and Dr. Hugh assume about each other before they have met?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)