|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dencombe feel this way?
(a) He has published so many novels, he has gone through this before.
(b) This is his first book.
(c) His previous books were not well received, and he does not expect this one to be either.
(d) He did not expect this money to come to him.
2. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
(a) They are coming to model for him.
(b) They will commission portraits.
(c) They have come to buy paintings.
(d) They are looking for their daughter.
3. How does James characterize the Moreens?
4. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Turning people away if he felt they were not worthy.
(b) The food.
(c) Mingling in society.
(d) Skimming from the household budget.
5. How does James characterize the Monarchs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dencombe feel he is in his life?
2. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
3. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
4. What does Dencombe say about his best books?
5. What is Dr. Hugh's reaction to Dencombe's book?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)