|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brooksmith work after his illness?
(a) As a footman.
(b) As a stable hand.
(c) As a cook.
(d) As a waiter.
2. How does James describe Brooksmith's physical appearance?
3. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
(a) Referrals to a painter.
(b) Work as models.
(c) Paintings to buy.
4. How does James characterize the Moreens?
5. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
(a) He had a hard time adjusting, but ultimately resigned himself.
(b) He did not last long in any of them.
(c) He found himself at home.
(d) He stayed permanently at the first place he could find.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brooksmith's role at Mr. Offord's gatherings?
2. How often does the narrator stop by Mr. Offord's house?
3. What do Oronte and Miss Churm do to assume different characters?
4. What is discussed at Mr. Offord's home?
5. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)