|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the Monarchs as models?
2. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
(a) They are looking for their daughter.
(b) They have come to buy paintings.
(c) They are coming to model for him.
(d) They will commission portraits.
3. What thought does the narrator give to Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
(a) He loans him money and helps him set up his own house.
(b) He does not give Brooksmith much thought.
(c) He refers him for a job somewhere else.
(d) He considers hiring him, but cannot afford it.
4. What distracts Dencombe from his meditation on his own future?
(a) Three people walking up the path.
(b) He picks up his book.
(c) He watches the birds in the trees.
(d) He watches people milling about on the lawn below him.
5. What is discussed at Mr. Offord's home?
(b) High society.
(d) Art and ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
2. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
3. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
4. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
5. How does James describe Miss Vernham?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)