|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steers conversation at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) The guests steer it among themselves.
(b) The narrator.
(d) Mr. Offord.
2. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
(b) Work as models.
(c) Paintings to buy.
(d) Referrals to a painter.
3. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
(a) They are the real thing.
(b) They have a lot to lose.
(c) They deserve help.
(d) They have assistance to offer.
4. How does James describe Miss Churm?
(a) A freckled cockney girl.
(b) A fiery-tempered, red-cheeked girl.
(c) A milky-skinned, complacent girl.
(d) A dark, passionate girl.
5. What do Dencombe and Dr. Hugh assume about each other before they have met?
(a) They are avid readers.
(b) They are book reviewers.
(c) They are both invalids.
(d) They are writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thought do Mr. Offord's friends give Brooksmith after Mr. Offord's death?
2. Who chooses which visitors to admit to Mr. Offord's house?
3. Where does Brooksmith go after his mother dies?
4. What does the publisher believe is the reason for Julianne Bordereau wearing a certain accessory in his presence?
5. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)