|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pemberton?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A tutor.
(c) A student.
(d) A gentleman.
2. In what location is 'The Middle Years' set?
(a) A country house.
(b) A private estate.
(c) A health resort.
(d) A luxury spa.
3. What does Brooksmith enjoy about the gatherings at Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Skimming from the household budget.
(b) The food.
(c) Turning people away if he felt they were not worthy.
(d) Mingling in society.
4. Where is Oronte from?
5. What does Dr. Hugh bring to Dencombe after Dencombe's collapse?
(a) A copy of his first book for Dencombe to sign.
(c) Jewelry from the Countess.
(d) A favorable review in a literary journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracts Dencombe from his meditation on his own future?
2. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
3. How does James describe the Countess?
4. How does Morgan die?
5. What is Brooksmith's role at Mr. Offord's gatherings?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)