|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dencombe feel he is in his life?
(a) In the beginning.
(b) Still developing toward his peak.
(c) Beyond the middle point.
(d) At the end.
2. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
(b) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(c) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
(d) He says that they are not very intelligent.
3. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
(a) He argues with them.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He dismisses them.
(d) He listens without responding.
4. Who is Morgan?
(a) A student.
(b) A gardener.
(c) A writer.
(d) A tutor.
5. What does the publisher believe is the reason for Julianne Bordereau wearing a certain accessory in his presence?
(a) To protect herself from getting a headache.
(b) To impress him.
(c) To seduce him.
(d) To hide the searing power of her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
2. What do Dencombe and Dr. Hugh assume about each other before they have met?
3. Who is the main character of 'The Real Thing'?
4. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
5. What is the main character working on when the Monarchs come to see him?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)