|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
(a) An emerald necklace.
(b) A green eye shade.
(c) A head wrap.
(d) An ostrich-feather hat.
2. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
(a) Charity work.
(b) Finding husbands.
(d) Factory work.
3. Who summons the narrator to Brooksmith's bedside when Brooksmith falls ill?
(a) A friend.
(b) Mr. Offord's daughter.
(c) Brooksmith's aunt.
(d) Brooksmith's daughter.
4. What is Brooksmith's role at Mr. Offord's gatherings?
(a) Managing the servants.
(b) Moderating discussion.
(c) Fixing drinks.
(d) Hiding the affairs.
5. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
(a) They distract from it.
(b) They expand it.
(c) They hurt it.
(d) They bring it to life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
2. Who is Pemberton?
3. What is discussed at Mr. Offord's home?
4. Where is Oronte from?
5. What is the publisher's rent?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)