|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assurance does Dr. Hugh give Dencombe?
(a) He will live forever.
(b) He will be immortalized in his books.
(c) He will write another six books.
(d) He will live a long time.
2. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
(a) His models.
(b) His servants.
(c) His agents.
(d) His publicists.
3. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
4. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
(a) He will get paid retroactively if the Moreens make money.
(b) He will be boarded and clothed for free as well.
(c) Morgan will know that he is working for nothing.
(d) Morgan will not be told that he is working for nothing.
5. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
(a) An ostrich-feather hat.
(b) A green eye shade.
(c) A head wrap.
(d) An emerald necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
2. How does James characterize the Moreens?
3. What is Dr. Hugh's reaction to Dencombe's book?
4. What does the narrator send to Brooksmith?
5. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)