|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Offord conduct in his home?
(a) Business meetings.
(b) A reading club.
(c) Political meetings.
(d) A salon.
2. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
(a) He found himself at home.
(b) He stayed permanently at the first place he could find.
(c) He had a hard time adjusting, but ultimately resigned himself.
(d) He did not last long in any of them.
3. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
(a) They will commission portraits.
(b) They have come to buy paintings.
(c) They are coming to model for him.
(d) They are looking for their daughter.
4. What distracts Dencombe from his meditation on his own future?
(a) He watches people milling about on the lawn below him.
(b) He watches the birds in the trees.
(c) He picks up his book.
(d) Three people walking up the path.
5. How does Dr. Hugh create a reason to meet Dencombe?
(a) He leaves his book on Dencombe's bench.
(b) He feigns a cramp in his leg.
(c) He feigns shortness of breath.
(d) He goes out of his way to stop at Dencombe's bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Hugh's reaction to Dencombe's book?
2. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
3. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
4. What does Dencombe expect when he opens the package he has received?
5. How does James describe Miss Vernham?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)