|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Hugh's reaction to Dencombe's book?
(a) He is profoundly personally moved.
(b) He praises it lavishly.
(c) He is enthusiastic by reserved.
(d) He is unrestrainedly critical.
2. Where is Oronte from?
3. How does James describe Miss Churm?
(a) A dark, passionate girl.
(b) A milky-skinned, complacent girl.
(c) A freckled cockney girl.
(d) A fiery-tempered, red-cheeked girl.
4. What is the young man, whom Dencombe sees approaching, doing?
(a) Reading a letter.
(b) Reading one of his books.
(c) Reading a critical review of his book.
(d) Discoursing to the young girl.
5. What does Dencombe realize as he dies?
(a) Books only live forever if they have readers.
(b) People only get one chance.
(c) Writers are already dead.
(d) People die and get reborn all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James describe Brooksmith's physical appearance?
2. What does Dencombe feel about his writing career?
3. Where does Brooksmith work after his illness?
4. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
5. Why does Dencombe feel this way?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)