|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
(a) They hurt it.
(b) They distract from it.
(c) They expand it.
(d) They bring it to life.
2. How does James describe the Countess?
(a) Mousy and retiring.
(b) Fragile and unhealthy-looking.
(c) Stout and middle-aged.
(d) Fit and energetic.
3. Where does Dencombe feel he is in his life?
(a) In the beginning.
(b) At the end.
(c) Still developing toward his peak.
(d) Beyond the middle point.
4. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
(a) Work as models.
(b) Paintings to buy.
(c) Referrals to a painter.
5. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
(a) They are depressed.
(b) They are outraged.
(c) They are shocked.
(d) They are disbelieving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dencombe and Dr. Hugh assume about each other before they have met?
2. How does Dr. Hugh create a reason to meet Dencombe?
3. How does James characterize Oronte and Miss Churm as models?
4. What changes for Mr. Offord?
5. How does James describe Miss Vernham?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)