|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
(a) They will be excellent models for him.
(b) He should sell them all of his work.
(c) He should help them present an illusion of wealth.
(d) He should paint their portraits for a low price.
2. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
(a) A green eye shade.
(b) An ostrich-feather hat.
(c) A head wrap.
(d) An emerald necklace.
3. What kind of people are the Monarchs, according to the main character?
(a) People who go to the opera to listen to the music.
(b) People who visit country houses.
(c) People who think they are buying artists, not paintings.
(d) People who keep a lot of pets.
4. What does Dencombe realize as he dies?
(a) People die and get reborn all the time.
(b) Books only live forever if they have readers.
(c) Writers are already dead.
(d) People only get one chance.
5. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
(b) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(c) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
(d) He says that they are not very intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the narrator stop by Mr. Offord's house?
2. How does James characterize the Moreens?
3. How does James describe Brooksmith's personality?
4. Where does Brooksmith work after his illness?
5. What do Oronte and Miss Churm do to assume different characters?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)