|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James describe the Countess?
(a) Fit and energetic.
(b) Mousy and retiring.
(c) Stout and middle-aged.
(d) Fragile and unhealthy-looking.
2. What is the publisher's rent?
(a) 100 francs.
(b) 1,000 francs.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
3. What does Dencombe say about his best books?
(a) They have not been written yet.
(b) They were his first.
(c) They are his last two books.
(d) He will never write them.
4. What is Brooksmith's reaction to Mr. Offord's death?
(a) He is glad.
(b) He is guilty.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is grief-stricken.
5. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
(a) They expand it.
(b) They hurt it.
(c) They bring it to life.
(d) They distract from it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where doe Brooksmith end up finding work?
2. How does Dr. Hugh create a reason to meet Dencombe?
3. What does Dencombe expect when he opens the package he has received?
4. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
5. What is Dr. Hugh's reaction to Dencombe's book?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)