|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Miss Vernham give Dencombe?
(a) To take care of his own health.
(b) To leave Dr. Hugh alone.
(c) To tend to his health not his writing.
(d) To pay more attention to the Countess.
2. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
(a) Where he will stay.
(b) What his hours will be.
(c) How much he will be paid.
(d) What he will be responsible for, exactly.
3. What are the main character's feelings about the episode of the Monarchs' visit?
(a) He wishes they had never come.
(b) He doesn't regret it.
(c) He is profoundly sorry he cannot help them.
(d) He resents them for corrupting his art.
4. Who is Jeffrey Aspern?
(a) A publisher.
(b) A painter.
(c) A clerk.
(d) A renowned poet.
5. What does the publisher believe is the reason for Julianne Bordereau wearing a certain accessory in his presence?
(a) To impress him.
(b) To protect herself from getting a headache.
(c) To hide the searing power of her eyes.
(d) To seduce him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assurance does Dr. Hugh give Dencombe?
2. What does Dencombe feel about his writing career?
3. What is it that requires Mr. Oliver Offord to stay home?
4. How does James describe Pemberton?
5. What does Mr. Offord leave to Brooksmith when he dies?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)