|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize Oronte and Miss Churm as models?
(c) Highly gifted.
2. In what location is 'The Middle Years' set?
(a) A country house.
(b) A private estate.
(c) A health resort.
(d) A luxury spa.
3. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
(a) They are shocked.
(b) They are depressed.
(c) They are disbelieving.
(d) They are outraged.
4. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
(a) Adopt him and raise him as his son.
(b) Take a highly-paid job with another family.
(c) Walk out of the Moreens' house.
(d) Stay with him no matter the cost.
5. What position do the Monarchs always occupy in the illustrations the main character makes?
(a) They bring life to the pictures.
(b) They dominate the others.
(c) They are the only interesting figures in the pictures.
(d) They drain life from the pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accessory does Julianne Bordereau wear in the publisher's presence?
2. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
3. How does James characterize Brooksmith' success in his new positions?
4. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
5. How does James characterize the relationship between Mr. Offord and Brooksmith?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)