|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pemberton?
(a) A tutor.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A student.
2. What does the publisher bring to Julianne Bordereau?
3. How does James describe Miss Churm?
(a) A fiery-tempered, red-cheeked girl.
(b) A dark, passionate girl.
(c) A freckled cockney girl.
(d) A milky-skinned, complacent girl.
4. What happens to Dencombe before he can tell Dr. Hugh that he is a writer?
(a) Dr. Hugh is called away.
(b) He faints.
(c) Dr. Hugh tells him about the Countess and Miss Vernham.
(d) He dies.
5. What warning does Miss Vernham give Dencombe?
(a) To pay more attention to the Countess.
(b) To take care of his own health.
(c) To tend to his health not his writing.
(d) To leave Dr. Hugh alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is discussed at Mr. Offord's home?
2. What is Dencombe's reaction to the package he has just received?
3. What is it that requires Mr. Oliver Offord to stay home?
4. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
5. What has Dencombe just received as 'The Middle Years' opens?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)