|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Dencombe just received as 'The Middle Years' opens?
(a) A letter from his wife.
(b) A check.
(c) His most recent book.
(d) Notice of a friend's death.
2. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
(a) Charity work.
(b) Finding husbands.
(d) Factory work.
3. In what location is 'The Middle Years' set?
(a) A country house.
(b) A health resort.
(c) A luxury spa.
(d) A private estate.
4. What is Brooksmith's role at Mr. Offord's gatherings?
(a) Moderating discussion.
(b) Managing the servants.
(c) Hiding the affairs.
(d) Fixing drinks.
5. How does Dr. Hugh create a reason to meet Dencombe?
(a) He feigns shortness of breath.
(b) He feigns a cramp in his leg.
(c) He leaves his book on Dencombe's bench.
(d) He goes out of his way to stop at Dencombe's bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Oronte from?
2. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
3. What is Dr. Hugh's reaction to Dencombe's book?
4. What distracts Dencombe from his meditation on his own future?
5. Who is Julianne Bordereau?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)