|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dencombe feel this way?
(a) His previous books were not well received, and he does not expect this one to be either.
(b) He did not expect this money to come to him.
(c) He has published so many novels, he has gone through this before.
(d) This is his first book.
2. What is the publisher's relationship with Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Her publishes her biography.
(b) He rents her a room.
(c) He seduces her.
(d) He rents a room from her.
3. In what month is 'The Middle Years' set?
4. Who is the main character of 'The Real Thing'?
(a) An illustrator.
(b) A patron of the arts.
(c) A model.
(d) A businessman.
5. Who chooses which visitors to admit to Mr. Offord's house?
(a) Mrs. Offord.
(b) Mr. Offord.
(c) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Offord leave to Brooksmith when he dies?
2. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
3. What distracts Dencombe from his meditation on his own future?
4. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
5. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)