|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is the publisher willing to go to get the Aspern papers?
(a) Paying 1,000 pounds.
(b) Marrying Miss Tita.
(c) Marrying Julianne Bordereau.
(d) Paying 1,000 francs.
2. How does Dr. Hugh create a reason to meet Dencombe?
(a) He feigns shortness of breath.
(b) He leaves his book on Dencombe's bench.
(c) He feigns a cramp in his leg.
(d) He goes out of his way to stop at Dencombe's bench.
3. What are the main character's feelings about the episode of the Monarchs' visit?
(a) He wishes they had never come.
(b) He doesn't regret it.
(c) He is profoundly sorry he cannot help them.
(d) He resents them for corrupting his art.
4. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
(a) They distract from it.
(b) They hurt it.
(c) They expand it.
(d) They bring it to life.
5. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
(a) Stay with him no matter the cost.
(b) Take a highly-paid job with another family.
(c) Walk out of the Moreens' house.
(d) Adopt him and raise him as his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dencombe just received as 'The Middle Years' opens?
2. What assurance does Dr. Hugh give Dencombe?
3. What kind of people are the Monarchs, according to the main character?
4. What do Dencombe and Dr. Hugh assume about each other before they have met?
5. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)