|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Morgan?
(a) A gardener.
(b) A student.
(c) A writer.
(d) A tutor.
2. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
(a) They are depressed.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They are disbelieving.
(d) They are outraged.
3. How does James characterize Mr. and Mrs. Monarch?
4. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
(a) They will commission portraits.
(b) They have come to buy paintings.
(c) They are looking for their daughter.
(d) They are coming to model for him.
5. What does the publisher agree to do for Julianne Bordereau?
(a) Hire someone to tend the garden.
(b) Tend to the garden himself.
(c) Build a terrace in the garden.
(d) Bring flowers to Miss Tita.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the publisher trying to get his hands on?
2. What is the young man, whom Dencombe sees approaching, doing?
3. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
4. In what month is 'The Middle Years' set?
5. Where does the narrator think Brooksmith is now?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)