|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle Years.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(b) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
(c) He says that they are not very intelligent.
(d) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
2. Why does the publisher not get the papers?
(a) He cannot afford them.
(b) Miss Juliana burns them.
(c) Miss Tita burns them.
(d) They never actually existed.
3. What is discussed at Mr. Offord's home?
(a) Art and ideas.
(b) High society.
4. What is Miss Churm's relationship with the main character?
(a) She is one of his patrons.
(b) She is one of his regular models.
(c) She is one a representative from an gallery.
(d) She is one of his servants.
5. Where is Oronte from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Hugh bring to Dencombe after Dencombe's collapse?
2. How does James describe Pemberton?
3. What was the crowd like that came to Mr. Offord's house?
4. What does Dencombe find when he reads his new book?
5. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)