|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
(a) What he will be responsible for, exactly.
(b) Where he will stay.
(c) What his hours will be.
(d) How much he will be paid.
2. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
(a) Morgan will know that he is working for nothing.
(b) He will be boarded and clothed for free as well.
(c) He will get paid retroactively if the Moreens make money.
(d) Morgan will not be told that he is working for nothing.
3. How does Morgan die?
(a) From shock to find out that his parents were actually broke.
(b) From a broken heart for what he thought was Pemberton's betrayal.
(c) From malaria.
(d) From tuberculosis.
4. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
(a) They distract from it.
(b) They expand it.
(c) They bring it to life.
(d) They hurt it.
5. What allows May Bartram to buy this?
(a) A gift from her fiancée.
(b) Her personal fortune.
(c) Profits from her novel.
(d) An inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Morgan?
2. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
3. What is Miss Churm's relationship with the main character?
4. How much time passes between May Bartram moving to London and her falling ill?
5. What does John Marcher realize he should have done?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)