|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John Marcher meet May Bartram?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In London.
(c) Touring a country house.
(d) During a theatre performance.
2. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
(a) He dismisses them.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He listens without responding.
(d) He argues with them.
3. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
(a) It had already happened, and it had already prevented great wealth for him.
(b) It would have consisted of a great love if it had happened.
(c) It consisted of nothing happening to him.
(d) It would have broken him if it had happened.
4. What do Oronte and Miss Churm do to assume different characters?
(a) Change clothes.
(b) Invent speeches for the characters.
(c) Begin speaking differently.
(d) Close their eyes.
5. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
(a) They are depressed.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They are disbelieving.
(d) They are outraged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eve Sedgwick suggest was John Marcher's real secret?
2. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
3. How does James describe Miss Churm?
4. What had John Marcher told May Bartram when they met earlier?
5. How much time passes between May Bartram moving to London and her falling ill?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)