|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the Moreens?
2. What does Eve Sedgwick suggest was John Marcher's real secret?
(a) His homosexuality.
(b) His death.
(c) His pathological fears.
(d) His bankruptcy.
3. Who is May Bartram?
(a) A guest in the country house John Marcher is touring.
(b) A student studying in the museum John Marcher was touring.
(c) A tourist.
(d) A teacher in the school John Marcher visited.
4. How does James describe May Bartram's physical appearance?
(a) He says that she is pretty.
(b) He says that she looks frightful.
(c) He says that she is plain.
(d) He says that she is homely.
5. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(b) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
(c) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
(d) He says that they are not very intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John Marcher think he was invited along?
2. How does James characterize the relationship between May Bartram and John Marcher?
3. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
4. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
5. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)