|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
2. Who is Morgan?
(a) A student.
(b) A tutor.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A writer.
3. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
(a) They are outraged.
(b) They are depressed.
(c) They are disbelieving.
(d) They are shocked.
4. How does James characterize the Moreens?
5. What does Eve Sedgwick suggest was John Marcher's real secret?
(a) His pathological fears.
(b) His death.
(c) His homosexuality.
(d) His bankruptcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May Bartram tell John Marcher about his secret?
2. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
3. How does James characterize the relationship between May Bartram and John Marcher?
4. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
5. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)