|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
(a) He should sell them all of his work.
(b) He should help them present an illusion of wealth.
(c) He should paint their portraits for a low price.
(d) They will be excellent models for him.
2. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
3. Why does James say John Marcher lives like this?
(a) To avoid others detecting his secret.
(b) To give himself time to make his secret less destructive in his life.
(c) To remedy his guilt about inheriting his father's money.
(d) To search for the most suitable partner.
4. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
(a) Adopt him and raise him as his son.
(b) Stay with him no matter the cost.
(c) Take a highly-paid job with another family.
(d) Walk out of the Moreens' house.
5. What does John Marcher realize about the event he was waiting for?
(a) He was not worthy of it.
(b) He was mistaken about it from the start.
(c) It was never going to happen.
(d) He had been looking in all the wrong places.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main character working on when the Monarchs come to see him?
2. Who is May Bartram?
3. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
4. Why does John Marcher think he was invited along?
5. What are the main character's feelings about the episode of the Monarchs' visit?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)