|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does James say John Marcher lives like this?
(a) To give himself time to make his secret less destructive in his life.
(b) To avoid others detecting his secret.
(c) To search for the most suitable partner.
(d) To remedy his guilt about inheriting his father's money.
2. Where is Oronte from?
3. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He dismisses them.
(c) He argues with them.
(d) He listens without responding.
4. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her hat.
(c) A pair of soiled gloves.
(d) A checkbook.
5. What does May Bartram tell John Marcher about his secret?
(a) He had misinterpreted all the important signs.
(b) She had always known about his secret.
(c) The event he waited for has already happened.
(d) Everyone knew his secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
2. Where does May Bartram think she has met John Marcher before?
3. What was the content of the thing John Marcher told May Bartram?
4. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
5. What does John Marcher realize he should have done?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)