|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John Marcher think he was invited along?
(a) He got lost in the crowd.
(b) He was so polite.
(c) He looked so pitiable.
(d) He would talk to the old ladies.
2. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
(a) Finding husbands.
(b) Factory work.
(c) Charity work.
3. What does May Bartram buy in London?
(a) A house.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A pet bird.
(d) A golden bowl.
4. Who is the main character of 'The Real Thing'?
(a) An illustrator.
(b) A model.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A patron of the arts.
5. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
(a) They have a lot to lose.
(b) They are the real thing.
(c) They have assistance to offer.
(d) They deserve help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is May Bartram?
2. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
3. How does James characterize the relationship between May Bartram and John Marcher?
4. How does James characterize Oronte and Miss Churm as models?
5. Where is Oronte from?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)