|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Morgan die?
(a) From shock to find out that his parents were actually broke.
(b) From tuberculosis.
(c) From a broken heart for what he thought was Pemberton's betrayal.
(d) From malaria.
2. Why does John Marcher think he was invited along?
(a) He would talk to the old ladies.
(b) He was so polite.
(c) He got lost in the crowd.
(d) He looked so pitiable.
3. What was the content of the thing John Marcher told May Bartram?
(a) His bankruptcy.
(b) His faith that something tremendous was going to happen to him.
(c) His love for her.
(d) His homosexuality.
4. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
(a) He is his manservant.
(b) He is one of his patrons.
(c) He is one a representative from an gallery.
(d) He is one of his regular models.
5. How does James characterize John Marcher's social life?
(a) He accepts invitations from time to time.
(b) He is always socializing.
(c) He hardly ever goes out.
(d) He travels as much as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
2. What kind of people are the Monarchs, according to the main character?
3. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
4. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
5. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)