|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John Marcher meet May Bartram?
(a) In London.
(b) In Paris.
(c) During a theatre performance.
(d) Touring a country house.
2. How does James characterize the relationship between May Bartram and John Marcher?
(a) John is obviously in love with May.
(b) May is obviously in love with John.
(c) John finds May interesting but pedestrian.
(d) May relies on John but does not love him.
3. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
(a) He is one of his regular models.
(b) He is his manservant.
(c) He is one of his patrons.
(d) He is one a representative from an gallery.
4. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
(a) Referrals to a painter.
(b) Paintings to buy.
(c) Work as models.
5. What had John Marcher told May Bartram when they met earlier?
(a) His professional ambitions.
(b) His crumbling financial situation.
(c) He declared his love to her.
(d) A great secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
2. What do Oronte and Miss Churm do to assume different characters?
3. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
4. What does John Marcher realize he should have done?
5. What was the content of the thing John Marcher told May Bartram?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)