|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Oronte and Miss Churm do to assume different characters?
(a) Invent speeches for the characters.
(b) Close their eyes.
(c) Begin speaking differently.
(d) Change clothes.
2. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
(a) He is one of his patrons.
(b) He is one of his regular models.
(c) He is his manservant.
(d) He is one a representative from an gallery.
3. What allows May Bartram to buy this?
(a) Her personal fortune.
(b) Profits from her novel.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) A gift from her fiancée.
4. Where does May Bartram think she has met John Marcher before?
(a) In Italy.
(b) In Paris.
(c) In London.
(d) In Rome.
5. Where does John Marcher work?
(a) In a newspaper office.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) In a government office.
(d) In a publishing house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had John Marcher told May Bartram when they met earlier?
2. What was the content of the thing John Marcher told May Bartram?
3. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
4. Where does John Marcher meet May Bartram?
5. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)