|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
2. What is Miss Churm's relationship with the main character?
(a) She is one of his regular models.
(b) She is one a representative from an gallery.
(c) She is one of his patrons.
(d) She is one of his servants.
3. How does James characterize the relationship between May Bartram and John Marcher?
(a) May is obviously in love with John.
(b) May relies on John but does not love him.
(c) John finds May interesting but pedestrian.
(d) John is obviously in love with May.
4. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
(a) They have come to buy paintings.
(b) They are coming to model for him.
(c) They will commission portraits.
(d) They are looking for their daughter.
5. What had John Marcher told May Bartram when they met earlier?
(a) His crumbling financial situation.
(b) He declared his love to her.
(c) A great secret.
(d) His professional ambitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Marcher there to see?
2. What was the content of the thing John Marcher told May Bartram?
3. Who is May Bartram?
4. What does May Bartram buy in London?
5. Whose life does John Marcher think his life should have resembled?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)