|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of 'The Real Thing'?
(a) A patron of the arts.
(b) An illustrator.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A model.
2. Whose life does John Marcher think his life should have resembled?
(a) His brother's.
(b) May Bartram's.
(c) His father's.
(d) Everyone else's.
3. How does James describe May Bartram's physical appearance?
(a) He says that she is plain.
(b) He says that she looks frightful.
(c) He says that she is pretty.
(d) He says that she is homely.
4. Who is Pemberton?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A student.
(d) A tutor.
5. What allows May Bartram to buy this?
(a) A gift from her fiancée.
(b) Profits from her novel.
(c) Her personal fortune.
(d) An inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main character working on when the Monarchs come to see him?
2. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
3. What is John Marcher there to see?
4. How does James characterize the Monarchs as models?
5. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)