|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between May Bartram moving to London and her falling ill?
(a) A year.
(b) Many years.
(c) A few years.
(d) Six months.
2. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
(a) Stay with him no matter the cost.
(b) Adopt him and raise him as his son.
(c) Walk out of the Moreens' house.
(d) Take a highly-paid job with another family.
3. Who is Pemberton?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A tutor.
(d) A student.
4. What do Oronte and Miss Churm do to assume different characters?
(a) Close their eyes.
(b) Begin speaking differently.
(c) Invent speeches for the characters.
(d) Change clothes.
5. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
(a) He will be boarded and clothed for free as well.
(b) He will get paid retroactively if the Moreens make money.
(c) Morgan will not be told that he is working for nothing.
(d) Morgan will know that he is working for nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main character working on when the Monarchs come to see him?
2. Where does May Bartram think she has met John Marcher before?
3. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
4. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
5. What was the content of the thing John Marcher told May Bartram?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)