|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the Monarchs?
2. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
(a) He will be boarded and clothed for free as well.
(b) Morgan will know that he is working for nothing.
(c) Morgan will not be told that he is working for nothing.
(d) He will get paid retroactively if the Moreens make money.
3. How does James characterize the lifestyle John Marcher leads?
4. How does James describe Pemberton's salary?
5. How does James characterize John Marcher's social life?
(a) He accepts invitations from time to time.
(b) He hardly ever goes out.
(c) He travels as much as possible.
(d) He is always socializing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had John Marcher told May Bartram when they met earlier?
2. What effect have the Monarchs had on the main character's art, according to Jack Hawley?
3. How does James characterize the Moreens?
4. What outcome is the main character hoping his work will bring?
5. What was the content of the thing John Marcher told May Bartram?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)