|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they are not very intelligent.
(b) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
(c) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(d) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
2. How does James characterize the relationship between May Bartram and John Marcher?
(a) May is obviously in love with John.
(b) John finds May interesting but pedestrian.
(c) May relies on John but does not love him.
(d) John is obviously in love with May.
3. What allows May Bartram to buy this?
(a) Profits from her novel.
(b) A gift from her fiancée.
(c) Her personal fortune.
(d) An inheritance.
4. Where is Oronte from?
5. What position do the Monarchs always occupy in the illustrations the main character makes?
(a) They bring life to the pictures.
(b) They drain life from the pictures.
(c) They dominate the others.
(d) They are the only interesting figures in the pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
2. What outcome is the main character hoping his work will bring?
3. What does Eve Sedgwick suggest was John Marcher's real secret?
4. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
5. What does Pemberton neglect to ask Mrs. Moreen?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)