|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
(a) Adopt him and raise him as his son.
(b) Stay with him no matter the cost.
(c) Take a highly-paid job with another family.
(d) Walk out of the Moreens' house.
2. Who is Pemberton?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A tutor.
(c) A student.
(d) A gentleman.
3. Where does John Marcher work?
(a) In a newspaper office.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) In a government office.
(d) In a publishing house.
4. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
5. What position do the Monarchs always occupy in the illustrations the main character makes?
(a) They are the only interesting figures in the pictures.
(b) They dominate the others.
(c) They bring life to the pictures.
(d) They drain life from the pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Marcher realize he should have done?
2. Who is Morgan?
3. How does James describe Miss Churm?
4. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
5. What had John Marcher told May Bartram when they met earlier?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)