|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pemberton?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A student.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A tutor.
2. What is the Monarchs' reaction when the main character chooses Oronte and Miss Churm for the refined characters in the illustrations?
(a) They are depressed.
(b) They are disbelieving.
(c) They are outraged.
(d) They are shocked.
3. How does James describe Pemberton?
(a) Brilliant and curious.
(b) Outgoing and gregarious.
(c) Sophisticated and smart.
(d) Weak and ineffectual.
4. How does James characterize the Monarchs as models?
5. What does Mrs. Moreen hold in her hands while she makes her offer to Pemberton?
(a) A checkbook.
(b) Her hat.
(c) A pair of soiled gloves.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
2. How does James characterize Mr. and Mrs. Monarch?
3. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
4. What had John Marcher told May Bartram when they met earlier?
5. How does James describe May Bartram's physical appearance?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)