|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does May Bartram think she has met John Marcher before?
(a) In Italy.
(b) In Rome.
(c) In London.
(d) In Paris.
2. What is Oronte's relationship with the main character?
(a) He is one of his regular models.
(b) He is one of his patrons.
(c) He is his manservant.
(d) He is one a representative from an gallery.
3. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
(a) His servants.
(b) His agents.
(c) His publicists.
(d) His models.
4. Who is Morgan?
(a) A student.
(b) A writer.
(c) A tutor.
(d) A gardener.
5. Where does John Marcher work?
(a) In a government office.
(b) In a publishing house.
(c) In a newspaper office.
(d) He is an artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
2. What outcome is the main character hoping his work will bring?
3. What is John Marcher there to see?
4. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
5. What does John Marcher realize he should have done?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)