|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James characterize the Monarchs as models?
2. Why does James say John Marcher lives like this?
(a) To remedy his guilt about inheriting his father's money.
(b) To search for the most suitable partner.
(c) To avoid others detecting his secret.
(d) To give himself time to make his secret less destructive in his life.
3. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(b) He says that they are not very intelligent.
(c) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
(d) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
4. Where does May Bartram think she has met John Marcher before?
(a) In London.
(b) In Italy.
(c) In Rome.
(d) In Paris.
5. How does James characterize Mr. and Mrs. Monarch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Marcher realize about the event he was waiting for?
2. The Monarchs ask the main character for ___________.
3. What is John Marcher there to see?
4. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
5. How long ago did May Bartram and John Marcher meet?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)