|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for the Monarchs' insistence?
(a) They deserve help.
(b) They have assistance to offer.
(c) They are the real thing.
(d) They have a lot to lose.
2. What kind of people are the Monarchs, according to the main character?
(a) People who go to the opera to listen to the music.
(b) People who keep a lot of pets.
(c) People who think they are buying artists, not paintings.
(d) People who visit country houses.
3. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
(b) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(c) He says that they are not very intelligent.
(d) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
4. How does Morgan die?
(a) From shock to find out that his parents were actually broke.
(b) From a broken heart for what he thought was Pemberton's betrayal.
(c) From tuberculosis.
(d) From malaria.
5. How does James characterize the Moreens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was terrible about the event John Marcher waited for?
2. What had John Marcher told May Bartram when they met earlier?
3. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
4. What does the main character think of the Monarchs?
5. What position do the Monarchs always occupy in the illustrations the main character makes?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)