|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Monarchs insist on in respect to the main character?
(a) He should help them present an illusion of wealth.
(b) He should paint their portraits for a low price.
(c) They will be excellent models for him.
(d) He should sell them all of his work.
2. What was the content of the thing John Marcher told May Bartram?
(a) His homosexuality.
(b) His love for her.
(c) His faith that something tremendous was going to happen to him.
(d) His bankruptcy.
3. Who is Morgan?
(a) A student.
(b) A writer.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A tutor.
4. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(b) He says that they are not very intelligent.
(c) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
(d) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
5. What is the main character's response to this insistence?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He argues with them.
(c) He dismisses them.
(d) He listens without responding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Morgan die?
2. How does James characterize Mr. and Mrs. Monarch?
3. What does May Bartram buy in London?
4. Where does May Bartram think she has met John Marcher before?
5. What do Oronte and Miss Churm do to assume different characters?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)