|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allows May Bartram to buy this?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) Her personal fortune.
(c) Profits from her novel.
(d) A gift from her fiancée.
2. What kind of people are the Monarchs, according to the main character?
(a) People who keep a lot of pets.
(b) People who visit country houses.
(c) People who think they are buying artists, not paintings.
(d) People who go to the opera to listen to the music.
3. Where does John Marcher work?
(a) In a publishing house.
(b) In a newspaper office.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) In a government office.
4. What does Morgan urge Pemberton to do?
(a) Walk out of the Moreens' house.
(b) Take a highly-paid job with another family.
(c) Stay with him no matter the cost.
(d) Adopt him and raise him as his son.
5. Who is May Bartram?
(a) A teacher in the school John Marcher visited.
(b) A tourist.
(c) A guest in the country house John Marcher is touring.
(d) A student studying in the museum John Marcher was touring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paula and Amy Moreen are employed at _____________.
2. How does Morgan die?
3. What is the main character working on when the Monarchs come to see him?
4. How does James characterize Mr. and Mrs. Monarch?
5. How does James characterize the relationship between May Bartram and John Marcher?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)