|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of 'The Real Thing'?
(a) A patron of the arts.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A model.
(d) An illustrator.
2. How does James describe Miss Churm?
(a) A dark, passionate girl.
(b) A milky-skinned, complacent girl.
(c) A fiery-tempered, red-cheeked girl.
(d) A freckled cockney girl.
3. What does Eve Sedgwick suggest was John Marcher's real secret?
(a) His death.
(b) His bankruptcy.
(c) His pathological fears.
(d) His homosexuality.
4. How much time passes between May Bartram moving to London and her falling ill?
(a) Many years.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) A few years.
5. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
(a) He says that they are not very intelligent.
(b) He says that they are brilliant at scheming socially.
(c) He says that they stay away from intellectual pursuits that might cause them discomfort.
(d) He says that they are ignorant about reality, but current on reading the news.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
2. Where does May Bartram think she has met John Marcher before?
3. What condition does Pemberton impose on his agreement to work without pay?
4. How does James characterize John Marcher's social life?
5. What was the content of the thing John Marcher told May Bartram?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)