|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beast in the Jungle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Monarchs ask the main character to hire them as ___________.
(a) His servants.
(b) His agents.
(c) His models.
(d) His publicists.
2. How does James characterize the Moreens?
3. What kind of people are the Monarchs, according to the main character?
(a) People who visit country houses.
(b) People who go to the opera to listen to the music.
(c) People who think they are buying artists, not paintings.
(d) People who keep a lot of pets.
4. Where does John Marcher meet May Bartram?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In London.
(c) During a theatre performance.
(d) Touring a country house.
5. What is John Marcher there to see?
(a) Antiques and artistic treasures.
(b) Society women.
(c) His lover.
(d) Wild animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eve Sedgwick suggest was John Marcher's real secret?
2. How does James characterize the relationship between Morgan and Pemberton?
3. How does the main character describe the Monarchs' intelligence?
4. How does James characterize John Marcher's social life?
5. How does James characterize the Monarchs as models?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)