|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita realize when she goes to pay for her store purchases?
2. Where does Rita plan to travel after Bali?
3. Who dies shortly after Tu Nini?
4. What is Dr. Galdikas rule regarding the forest?
5. How do Rita and her companions reach through the cultural barrier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the women go into a trance?
2. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
3. Describe the housing situation in which Rita, finds herself on Bali.
4. Describe the treasures that Tu Aji's ancestors found in the cave.
5. How does Rita feel about the hierarchy of the island?
6. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
7. What happens with Hans' wound?
8. What is Dr. Galdika like?
9. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
10. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe several different experiences Rita has with Christianity. What are some of her negative experiences with it? What are some of her positive experiences with it?
Essay Topic 2
Rita frequently addresses the subject of food throughout her travels. Give a minimum of two examples from the book when communal cooking makes a big impact on Rita. Explain what she gets out of each particular experience.
Essay Topic 3
What are some ways a suppressed culture can recover? Give an example of one such culture and offer information on how the culture has been reawakened.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)