|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rita furnish her home in Seattle?
2. What hobby does Rita pick up while living in Seattle?
3. What does Rita think about Hans?
4. Who does Tu Man want to marry?
5. What bothers Rita when she thinks of dying in Bali?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
2. What happens with Hans' wound?
3. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
4. How is Rita's mother's experience after the death of Rita's father similar to Rita's experiences?
5. Rita visits her mom and is alarmed by her weakness. How does she react to her mother's health situation?
6. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
7. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
8. How does Rita contribute to the household when she lives at Dayu Raka's place?
9. What is it that Rita does not like about Hans?
10. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe several different experiences Rita has with Christianity. What are some of her negative experiences with it? What are some of her positive experiences with it?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the circumstances that lead up to Rita's decision to travel. How does she factor in her husband? How does she factor in her children?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout her travels, Rita discovers that she is unique not only as a nomad, but as a female nomad. How does this make her feel about herself? How does it make her feel about women in general? How does it impact women who hear her stories?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)