|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rita feel about her traveling with the tour?
2. What is Dr. Galdikas rule regarding the forest?
3. How do Rita's children react to her living near them?
4. What kind of house does Dayu Raka have ready for Rita?
5. Why is Rita concerned about her trek?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
2. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
3. How does Rita feel about spirituality?
4. Describe the treasures that Tu Aji's ancestors found in the cave.
5. What happens when the women go into a trance?
6. What happens with Hans' wound?
7. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
8. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
9. How does Rita contribute to the household when she lives at Dayu Raka's place?
10. Describe the housing situation in which Rita, finds herself on Bali.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Rita initially begins to travel on her own, what are some of the difficulties she faces physically? What are some of the difficulties she faces emotionally? How does she overcome the difficulties?
Essay Topic 2
How does Rita feel about the role of women in the cultures she visits? Use examples from the entire book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe different ways that Rita shows respect for the people she meets in her travels. How do they show respect for her? How does she show respect for her family? How does her family show respect for her?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)