|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rita's children react to her living near them?
2. How does Rita feel about her traveling with the tour?
3. Why does Rita leave Bali to go the United States?
4. What does Rita want to do when she leaves Bali in 1997?
5. How long does Rita stay in Bali?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel about spirituality?
2. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
3. What happens to the book Rita writes about the orangutan experience?
4. How does Rita contribute to the household when she lives at Dayu Raka's place?
5. Describe the housing situation in which Rita, finds herself on Bali.
6. What is it that Rita does not like about Hans?
7. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
8. How does Rita feel about the hierarchy of the island?
9. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
10. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name three different types of homes Rita encounters on her travels. Compare and contrast the dwellings.
Essay Topic 2
How does Rita feel about the role of women in the cultures she visits? Use examples from the entire book.
Essay Topic 3
What does Rita think will help her integrate into other cultures? How does she prepare for integration? What does she learn through her travels about integration?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)