|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Galdikas rule regarding the forest?
2. How does Rita furnish her home in Seattle?
3. Where does Rita plan to travel after Bali?
4. What does the telegram Rita receives tell her?
5. Bali is noted for all the following except what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Galdika like?
2. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
3. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
4. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
5. Rita visits her mom and is alarmed by her weakness. How does she react to her mother's health situation?
6. How does Rita use music when she is going on the trek?
7. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
8. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
9. What is a common problem that Rita observes in the children of the villages through which she travels?
10. What is it that Rita does not like about Hans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Religion is a common theme in this book. How does Rita feel about it? Give examples of some of the religious experiences Rita encounters throughout her travels.
Essay Topic 2
Rita believes strongly in helping others wherever possible. Cite some examples of times she uses her own abilities to help others. Identify some times when others reach out to help her.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the circumstances that lead up to Rita's decision to travel. How does she factor in her husband? How does she factor in her children?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)