|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the treasure Tu Aji's ancestors found in the caves?
2. What do the spirits tell the king?
3. About what is the old woman on the bus ranting?
4. What happens to the book Rita writes about her experience?
5. What incredible gift does Rita discover Nyoman has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Hans' wound?
2. What happens to the book Rita writes about the orangutan experience?
3. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
4. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
5. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
6. How does Rita use music when she is going on the trek?
7. How does Rita contribute to the household when she lives at Dayu Raka's place?
8. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
9. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
10. How is Rita's mother's experience after the death of Rita's father similar to Rita's experiences?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Religion is a common theme in this book. How does Rita feel about it? Give examples of some of the religious experiences Rita encounters throughout her travels.
Essay Topic 2
Describe several different experiences Rita has with Christianity. What are some of her negative experiences with it? What are some of her positive experiences with it?
Essay Topic 3
What are some ways a suppressed culture can recover? Give an example of one such culture and offer information on how the culture has been reawakened.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)