|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the baby with whom they travel ?
2. What is missing from Rita's life after she returns to Bali?
3. Why is Rita concerned about her mother?
4. Who flies Rita to the next village visit?
5. What is Rita's relationship with Tu Aji?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
2. What is Dr. Galdika like?
3. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
4. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
5. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
6. How does Rita feel about spirituality?
7. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
8. Describe the treasures that Tu Aji's ancestors found in the cave.
9. Describe the housing situation in which Rita, finds herself on Bali.
10. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of Rita's friends think that she is running away. Why do they believe this? How does she really feel? How does this show?
Essay Topic 2
What does freedom mean to Rita? Offer some examples from the book that define freedom of self, freedom of religion, freedom in government, and freedom in gender or a lack of freedom in the aforementioned areas.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout her travels, Rita discovers that she is unique not only as a nomad, but as a female nomad. How does this make her feel about herself? How does it make her feel about women in general? How does it impact women who hear her stories?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)