|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What miracle happens to Rita?
2. Why is the child scared of Rita?
3. What happens during her visit to her mother in the United States?
4. What does Rita feel about the animals after tracking them for a day?
5. How long does Rita stay in Bali?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel about the hierarchy of the island?
2. How does Rita contribute to the household when she lives at Dayu Raka's place?
3. How is Rita's mother's experience after the death of Rita's father similar to Rita's experiences?
4. How does Rita prepare for her time in Irian Jaya?
5. How does Rita use music when she is going on the trek?
6. Describe the treasures that Tu Aji's ancestors found in the cave.
7. Describe the housing situation in which Rita, finds herself on Bali.
8. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
9. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
10. What is Dr. Galdika like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name three different types of homes Rita encounters on her travels. Compare and contrast the dwellings.
Essay Topic 2
Describe several different experiences Rita has with Christianity. What are some of her negative experiences with it? What are some of her positive experiences with it?
Essay Topic 3
How does Rita feel about the role of women in the cultures she visits? Use examples from the entire book.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)