|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rita's relationship with Tu Aji?
2. What is Dr. Galdikas rule regarding the forest?
3. Why are the missionaries in Irian Jaya?
4. What does Tu Nini do before she dies?
5. What does Rita think about her house in Vancouver?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
2. How does Rita contribute to the household when she lives at Dayu Raka's place?
3. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
4. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
5. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
6. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
7. Describe the housing situation in which Rita, finds herself on Bali.
8. How does Rita use music when she is going on the trek?
9. Describe the treasures that Tu Aji's ancestors found in the cave.
10. What is it that Rita does not like about Hans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe different ways that Rita shows respect for the people she meets in her travels. How do they show respect for her? How does she show respect for her family? How does her family show respect for her?
Essay Topic 2
Religion is a common theme in this book. How does Rita feel about it? Give examples of some of the religious experiences Rita encounters throughout her travels.
Essay Topic 3
When Rita initially begins to travel on her own, what are some of the difficulties she faces physically? What are some of the difficulties she faces emotionally? How does she overcome the difficulties?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)