|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who flies Rita to the next village visit?
2. What do three men throw into the water?
3. What happens after they take Tu Nini to the healer?
4. What is Dr. Galdikas like?
5. Why do Rita's guests prepare a special dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
2. Describe the treasures that Tu Aji's ancestors found in the cave.
3. What is Dr. Galdika like?
4. Describe the housing situation in which Rita, finds herself on Bali.
5. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
6. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
7. How does Rita feel about the hierarchy of the island?
8. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
9. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
10. What happens with Hans' wound?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Rita initially begins to travel on her own, what are some of the difficulties she faces physically? What are some of the difficulties she faces emotionally? How does she overcome the difficulties?
Essay Topic 2
What does freedom mean to Rita? Offer some examples from the book that define freedom of self, freedom of religion, freedom in government, and freedom in gender or a lack of freedom in the aforementioned areas.
Essay Topic 3
Describe different ways that Rita shows respect for the people she meets in her travels. How do they show respect for her? How does she show respect for her family? How does her family show respect for her?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)