|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jan and Rita think about spirits after their experience?
2. What happens to the baby with whom they travel ?
3. How much interaction does Rita have with Dr. Galdikas?
4. What job does Rita do while living in Dayu Raka's house?
5. What happens to the book Rita writes about her experience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the circumstances that lead up to Rita's decision to travel. How does she factor in her husband? How does she factor in her children?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the caste system in Bali. How does this compare to the life with which Rita has been familiar in Los Angeles? Why does she accept it at first? What makes her want to leave it?
Essay Topic 3
What experiences does Rita have in Nicaragua that make her feel political oppression first-hand? How does it change her view of freedom?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)