|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita brush up on before leaving for Indonesia?
2. What community does Rita want to learn more about in Chapter 4?
3. What happens to Rita's marriage?
4. On what do they tour the islands?
5. The school makes arrangements for Rita to stay where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel about cooking with the women?
2. How does Rita end up as a hitchhiker on a 20-person luxury cruise ship?
3. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
4. How does Rita feel about going home?
5. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
6. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
7. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
8. How are women treated in the communities Rita visits in Israel?
9. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
10. How do the Indonesians feel about their elderly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Rita use language to get to know people in other cultures better? Does she ever run into any troubles with language? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the circumstances that lead up to Rita's decision to travel. How does she factor in her husband? How does she factor in her children?
Essay Topic 3
What experiences does Rita have in Nicaragua that make her feel political oppression first-hand? How does it change her view of freedom?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)