Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Rita eat on her second night in Mexico City?
2. What do the children ask Rita to do?
3. What does Rita feel as if she is running towards?
4. What does Rita realize while she is touring the museums in Mexico City?
5. What is the first thing Rita does when she arrives at her house in Israel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
2. How does Rita feel when she decides to go on a vacation to Thailand?
3. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
4. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
5. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
6. What is the economic climate like in Bali?
7. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
8. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
9. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
10. How does Rita feel about communal cooking in Thailand?
When Rita initially begins to travel on her own, what are some of the difficulties she faces physically? What are some of the difficulties she faces emotionally? How does she overcome the difficulties?
Rita frequently addresses the subject of food throughout her travels. Give a minimum of two examples from the book when communal cooking makes a big impact on Rita. Explain what she gets out of each particular experience.
Rita believes strongly in helping others wherever possible. Cite some examples of times she uses her own abilities to help others. Identify some times when others reach out to help her.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)