|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rita feel after she leaves Nicaragua?
2. What response does Rita get when she asks about life in El Salvador?
3. What does Rita learn how to make at Mama's?
4. Brigitte wants Rita to do what?
5. What happens to Rita's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
2. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
3. How does Rita get along with the security guard?
4. Why does Rita decide to travel, and why does she go alone?
5. How does Rita end up as a hitchhiker on a 20-person luxury cruise ship?
6. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
7. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
8. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
9. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
10. What is Juanita's connection to California?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe different ways that Rita shows respect for the people she meets in her travels. How do they show respect for her? How does she show respect for her family? How does her family show respect for her?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the circumstances that lead up to Rita's decision to travel. How does she factor in her husband? How does she factor in her children?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout her travels, Rita discovers that she is unique not only as a nomad, but as a female nomad. How does this make her feel about herself? How does it make her feel about women in general? How does it impact women who hear her stories?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)