|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rita go on her first full day in Mexico City?
2. Who accompanies them into Nicaragua?
3. What does Rita observe about the female frigatebirds?
4. Where does Rita sleep in Palenque?
5. What group does Rita join when she travels to Israel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
2. What is the Traveler's Network like?
3. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
4. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
5. How is Rita connected to the military when she visits the Galapagos?
6. How does Servas work?
7. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
8. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
9. What is Juanita's connection to California?
10. How does Rita end up as a hitchhiker on a 20-person luxury cruise ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout her travels, Rita discovers that she is unique not only as a nomad, but as a female nomad. How does this make her feel about herself? How does it make her feel about women in general? How does it impact women who hear her stories?
Essay Topic 2
How does Rita use language to get to know people in other cultures better? Does she ever run into any troubles with language? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What does Rita think about the spiritual experience in the cave? What message does the king get, and how does he react to it? How does the experience change the way Rita thinks about spirits?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)