|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Felipe teaches Rita how to negotiate what?
2. What is Rita's life like with her husband?
3. What do the children ask Rita to do?
4. With whom does Rita eat on her second night in Mexico City?
5. Why do they leave the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita end up as a hitchhiker on a 20-person luxury cruise ship?
2. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
3. How are women treated in the communities Rita visits in Israel?
4. What is the Traveler's Network like?
5. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
6. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
7. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
8. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
9. How do the Indonesians feel about their elderly?
10. How does Servas work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does freedom mean to Rita? Offer some examples from the book that define freedom of self, freedom of religion, freedom in government, and freedom in gender or a lack of freedom in the aforementioned areas.
Essay Topic 2
What does Rita think about the spiritual experience in the cave? What message does the king get, and how does he react to it? How does the experience change the way Rita thinks about spirits?
Essay Topic 3
What are some ways a suppressed culture can recover? Give an example of one such culture and offer information on how the culture has been reawakened.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)