|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Rita travel to the ceremony?
2. Where does the family picnic when they go to the beach?
3. Felipe teaches Rita how to negotiate what?
4. What happens to the cruise trip they plan?
5. Where does Rita sleep in Palenque?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
2. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
3. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
4. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
5. How does Rita feel about cooking with the women?
6. What does Rita feel about living in Guatemala?
7. How does Rita feel about going home?
8. How does Servas work?
9. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
10. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe several different experiences Rita has with Christianity. What are some of her negative experiences with it? What are some of her positive experiences with it?
Essay Topic 2
When Rita initially begins to travel on her own, what are some of the difficulties she faces physically? What are some of the difficulties she faces emotionally? How does she overcome the difficulties?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the inner workings of the orangutan camp. What do the scientists do? What does Rita do while she is there?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)