|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that she is truly free, where does Rita decide to travel in Chapter 4?
2. What discovery makes Rita's traveling easier and more affordable?
3. How do women react when Rita talks about her travels?
4. Who visits Rita while she is in Galapagos?
5. What is Rita's life like with her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Servas work?
2. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
3. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
4. What does Rita feel about living in Guatemala?
5. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
6. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
7. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
8. How does Rita get along with the security guard?
9. What is Juanita's connection to California?
10. How does Rita feel about going home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rita frequently addresses the subject of food throughout her travels. Give a minimum of two examples from the book when communal cooking makes a big impact on Rita. Explain what she gets out of each particular experience.
Essay Topic 2
What experiences does Rita have in Nicaragua that make her feel political oppression first-hand? How does it change her view of freedom?
Essay Topic 3
How does Rita feel about the role of women in the cultures she visits? Use examples from the entire book.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)