|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita feel as if she stepped into when she visits the Druse?
2. How do the men treat Rita?
3. How many days pass before the women in the village (aside from Margarita) begin to talk with Rita?
4. Where does the family picnic when they go to the beach?
5. Why can't women sing during the service?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Indonesians feel about their elderly?
2. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
3. What is Juanita's connection to California?
4. How does Rita feel about going home?
5. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
6. What does Rita feel about living in Guatemala?
7. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
8. How does Servas work?
9. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
10. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of Rita's friends think that she is running away. Why do they believe this? How does she really feel? How does this show?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout her travels, Rita discovers that she is unique not only as a nomad, but as a female nomad. How does this make her feel about herself? How does it make her feel about women in general? How does it impact women who hear her stories?
Essay Topic 3
Describe different ways that Rita shows respect for the people she meets in her travels. How do they show respect for her? How does she show respect for her family? How does her family show respect for her?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)