|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Rita at the airport when she arrives home?
2. How does Rita feel as she goes down the street in San Salvador?
3. What community does Rita want to learn more about in Chapter 4?
4. What does Rita observe about the female frigatebirds?
5. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Indonesians feel about their elderly?
2. How does Rita feel about going home?
3. What does Rita feel about living in Guatemala?
4. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
5. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
6. How does Rita get along with the security guard?
7. Why does Rita decide to travel, and why does she go alone?
8. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
9. How does Servas work?
10. How are women treated in the communities Rita visits in Israel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the inner workings of the orangutan camp. What do the scientists do? What does Rita do while she is there?
Essay Topic 2
Some of Rita's friends think that she is running away. Why do they believe this? How does she really feel? How does this show?
Essay Topic 3
Rita frequently addresses the subject of food throughout her travels. Give a minimum of two examples from the book when communal cooking makes a big impact on Rita. Explain what she gets out of each particular experience.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)