|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brigitte wants Rita to do what?
2. What happens to Rita's marriage?
3. How does Rita feel as she goes down the street in San Salvador?
4. What is the last great task Rita accomplishes before leaving the village?
5. When does Rita feel very connected with the women in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
2. How does Servas work?
3. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
4. How are women treated in the communities Rita visits in Israel?
5. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
6. How does Rita feel about going home?
7. Why does Rita decide to travel, and why does she go alone?
8. How does Rita feel about cooking with the women?
9. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
10. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe several different experiences Rita has with Christianity. What are some of her negative experiences with it? What are some of her positive experiences with it?
Essay Topic 2
Rita believes strongly in helping others wherever possible. Cite some examples of times she uses her own abilities to help others. Identify some times when others reach out to help her.
Essay Topic 3
What does freedom mean to Rita? Offer some examples from the book that define freedom of self, freedom of religion, freedom in government, and freedom in gender or a lack of freedom in the aforementioned areas.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)