|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they leave the restaurant?
2. Who leads the group to Tower Island?
3. What group does Rita join when she travels to Israel?
4. Why does Rita have to go to Quibuto after 10 in the morning?
5. What is Rita's life like with her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
2. How does Rita get along with the security guard?
3. How does Rita end up as a hitchhiker on a 20-person luxury cruise ship?
4. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
5. How is Rita connected to the military when she visits the Galapagos?
6. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
7. How does Rita feel about cooking with the women?
8. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
9. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
10. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rita frequently addresses the subject of food throughout her travels. Give a minimum of two examples from the book when communal cooking makes a big impact on Rita. Explain what she gets out of each particular experience.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the circumstances that lead up to Rita's decision to travel. How does she factor in her husband? How does she factor in her children?
Essay Topic 3
How does Rita feel about the role of women in the cultures she visits? Use examples from the entire book.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)