|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita feel as if she stepped into when she visits the Druse?
2. Now that she is truly free, where does Rita decide to travel in Chapter 4?
3. What does Rita realize while she is touring the museums in Mexico City?
4. What is the last great task Rita accomplishes before leaving the village?
5. Rita loses her position because the boss thinks what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
2. How does Rita feel about going home?
3. What is Juanita's connection to California?
4. What does Rita feel about living in Guatemala?
5. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
6. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
7. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
8. How does Servas work?
9. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
10. How do the Indonesians feel about their elderly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What experiences does Rita have in Nicaragua that make her feel political oppression first-hand? How does it change her view of freedom?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the inner workings of the orangutan camp. What do the scientists do? What does Rita do while she is there?
Essay Topic 3
How does Rita use language to get to know people in other cultures better? Does she ever run into any troubles with language? Why or why not?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)