|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last great task Rita accomplishes before leaving the village?
2. What is Rita's life like with her husband?
3. Of what is the author afraid at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Rita goes to the Mayor to obtain permission to go where?
5. Why does Rita have a respect for street entertainers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of lifestyle does Rita have when she gets back to New York?
2. How does Rita end up as a hitchhiker on a 20-person luxury cruise ship?
3. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
4. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
5. What happens to the book Rita writes about the orangutan experience?
6. What does Rita decide to do with her car when she leaves New Zealand?
7. What is a linguistic problem that Rita faces in Thailand, and how does she overcome it?
8. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
9. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
10. How does Rita feel about going home?
Essay Topic 1
Religion is a common theme in this book. How does Rita feel about it? Give examples of some of the religious experiences Rita encounters throughout her travels.
Essay Topic 2
Rita believes strongly in helping others wherever possible. Cite some examples of times she uses her own abilities to help others. Identify some times when others reach out to help her.
Essay Topic 3
What experiences does Rita have in Nicaragua that make her feel political oppression first-hand? How does it change her view of freedom?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)