|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rita loses her position because the boss thinks what?
2. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
3. Why does Rita have a respect for street entertainers?
4. How does Rita feel about her Jewish background?
5. Why does Rita have to go to Quibuto after 10 in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
2. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
3. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
4. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
5. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
6. How is Rita connected to the military when she visits the Galapagos?
7. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
8. How does Rita get along with the security guard?
9. What is Juanita's connection to California?
10. What is the Traveler's Network like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Religion is a common theme in this book. How does Rita feel about it? Give examples of some of the religious experiences Rita encounters throughout her travels.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the inner workings of the orangutan camp. What do the scientists do? What does Rita do while she is there?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout her travels, Rita discovers that she is unique not only as a nomad, but as a female nomad. How does this make her feel about herself? How does it make her feel about women in general? How does it impact women who hear her stories?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)