|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rita's life like with her husband?
2. What happens to Rita's marriage?
3. What does Rita feel as if she stepped into when she visits the Druse?
4. What makes Ruth decide to have Rita as a guest?
5. What does Rita experience at the campgrounds after visiting the Temple of the Inscriptions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
2. How is Rita connected to the military when she visits the Galapagos?
3. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
4. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
5. How does Rita get along with the security guard?
6. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
7. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
8. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
9. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
10. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe different ways that Rita shows respect for the people she meets in her travels. How do they show respect for her? How does she show respect for her family? How does her family show respect for her?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the inner workings of the orangutan camp. What do the scientists do? What does Rita do while she is there?
Essay Topic 3
What does freedom mean to Rita? Offer some examples from the book that define freedom of self, freedom of religion, freedom in government, and freedom in gender or a lack of freedom in the aforementioned areas.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)