|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Rita get when she asks about life in El Salvador?
2. How does Rita feel as she goes down the street in San Salvador?
3. How does Rita get to the Zapotec village?
4. Rita goes to the Mayor to obtain permission to go where?
5. The school makes arrangements for Rita to stay where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Indonesians feel about their elderly?
2. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
3. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
4. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
5. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
6. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
7. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
8. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
9. How does Rita feel about going home?
10. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the caste system in Bali. How does this compare to the life with which Rita has been familiar in Los Angeles? Why does she accept it at first? What makes her want to leave it?
Essay Topic 2
Rita believes strongly in helping others wherever possible. Cite some examples of times she uses her own abilities to help others. Identify some times when others reach out to help her.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout her travels, Rita discovers that she is unique not only as a nomad, but as a female nomad. How does this make her feel about herself? How does it make her feel about women in general? How does it impact women who hear her stories?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)