|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Rita's marriage?
2. What is Rita's life like with her husband?
3. What does Rita observe about the Nicaraguans she meets over the eight months that she is there?
4. Who visits Rita while she is in Galapagos?
5. Why does Rita have to go to Quibuto after 10 in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
2. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
3. How is Rita connected to the military when she visits the Galapagos?
4. How does Rita get along with the security guard?
5. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
6. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
7. How does Rita end up as a hitchhiker on a 20-person luxury cruise ship?
8. How does Rita feel about cooking with the women?
9. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
10. What sort of reception does Rita get when she stays in the Zapotec village?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some ways a suppressed culture can recover? Give an example of one such culture and offer information on how the culture has been reawakened.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the circumstances that lead up to Rita's decision to travel. How does she factor in her husband? How does she factor in her children?
Essay Topic 3
Name three different types of homes Rita encounters on her travels. Compare and contrast the dwellings.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)