|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brigitte wants Rita to do what?
2. What does the architect want Rita to do?
3. Who greets Rita at the airport when she arrives home?
4. Where does Rita sleep in Palenque?
5. Where does the family picnic when they go to the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
2. How does Rita feel about cooking with the women?
3. How does Rita get along with the security guard?
4. What is the Traveler's Network like?
5. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
6. How is Rita connected to the military when she visits the Galapagos?
7. What does Rita feel about living in Guatemala?
8. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
9. How do the Indonesians feel about their elderly?
10. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some ways a suppressed culture can recover? Give an example of one such culture and offer information on how the culture has been reawakened.
Essay Topic 2
Name three different types of homes Rita encounters on her travels. Compare and contrast the dwellings.
Essay Topic 3
Some of Rita's friends think that she is running away. Why do they believe this? How does she really feel? How does this show?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)