|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rita's life like with her husband?
2. Where does Rita's passion for travel get re-kindled?
3. How does Rita feel as a woman in the super-Orthodox world?
4. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
5. Brigitte wants Rita to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
2. What is Juanita's connection to California?
3. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
4. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
5. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
6. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
7. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
8. How does Servas work?
9. What sort of reception does Rita get when she stays in the Zapotec village?
10. How does Rita get along with the security guard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does freedom mean to Rita? Offer some examples from the book that define freedom of self, freedom of religion, freedom in government, and freedom in gender or a lack of freedom in the aforementioned areas.
Essay Topic 2
Describe several different experiences Rita has with Christianity. What are some of her negative experiences with it? What are some of her positive experiences with it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the inner workings of the orangutan camp. What do the scientists do? What does Rita do while she is there?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)