|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Rita eat on her second night in Mexico City?
2. What do the children ask Rita to do?
3. What does Rita feel as if she is running towards?
4. What does Rita realize while she is touring the museums in Mexico City?
5. What is the first thing Rita does when she arrives at her house in Israel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
2. How does Rita feel when she decides to go on a vacation to Thailand?
3. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
4. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
5. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
6. What is the economic climate like in Bali?
7. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
8. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
9. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
10. How does Rita feel about communal cooking in Thailand?
Essay Topic 1
How does Rita use language to get to know people in other cultures better? Does she ever run into any troubles with language? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the circumstances that lead up to Rita's decision to travel. How does she factor in her husband? How does she factor in her children?
Essay Topic 3
What does Rita think will help her integrate into other cultures? How does she prepare for integration? What does she learn through her travels about integration?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)