|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Rita Indonesian?
2. Rita goes to the Mayor to obtain permission to go where?
3. What does Rita do in the waterfalls?
4. What is the last great task Rita accomplishes before leaving the village?
5. What community does Rita want to learn more about in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
2. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
3. How are women treated in the communities Rita visits in Israel?
4. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
5. How does Rita feel about cooking with the women?
6. What sort of reception does Rita get when she stays in the Zapotec village?
7. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
8. What is the Traveler's Network like?
9. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
10. How do the Indonesians feel about their elderly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the circumstances that lead up to Rita's decision to travel. How does she factor in her husband? How does she factor in her children?
Essay Topic 2
Describe different ways that Rita shows respect for the people she meets in her travels. How do they show respect for her? How does she show respect for her family? How does her family show respect for her?
Essay Topic 3
Rita frequently addresses the subject of food throughout her travels. Give a minimum of two examples from the book when communal cooking makes a big impact on Rita. Explain what she gets out of each particular experience.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)