|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rita plan to travel after Bali?
(a) She is going to travel through the eastern United States.
(b) She is going to travel through the western United States.
(c) She is going to Europe.
(d) She is going to trek in the mountains of Irian Jaya.
2. How does Rita feel after her Irian Jaya experience?
(a) She has discovered that she loves group travel.
(c) She is now physically and mentally in shape.
(d) Physically drained, and she discovers that she prefers traveling alone.
3. How does Rita feel after she goes back to Bali?
(a) She loves it more than ever.
(b) Things aren't the same as before.
(c) She wants to leave immediately.
(d) She realizes that it is home, and she never wants to leave.
4. What does Rita have to watch out for when she bathes?
(b) Mud slides.
(c) Parasitic worms.
5. How much interaction does Rita have with Dr. Galdikas?
(a) They eat together daily.
(b) They have little to no interaction.
(c) They are inseparable.
(d) They meet daily several times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rita feel about her traveling with the tour?
2. What happens to the baby with whom they travel ?
3. How does Rita furnish her home in Seattle?
4. What miracle happens to Rita?
5. What does Rita want to do when she leaves Bali in 1997?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
2. What happens with Hans' wound?
3. Rita visits her mom and is alarmed by her weakness. How does she react to her mother's health situation?
4. Describe the housing situation in which Rita, finds herself on Bali.
5. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
6. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
7. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
8. What is Dr. Galdika like?
9. What happens when the women go into a trance?
10. How does Rita contribute to the household when she lives at Dayu Raka's place?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)