|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the spirits tell the king?
(a) He is too autocratic.
(b) He is not fulfilling his responsibilities to the family.
(c) He is doing a wonderful job ruling.
(d) He is going to die soon.
2. What is Dr. Galdikas rule regarding the forest?
(a) No talking.
(b) No photographs.
(c) No plant-cutting.
(d) No taking samples.
3. How does Rita feel about her traveling with the tour?
(a) She thinks they move through the villages too quickly.
(b) She loves the time spent with the natives.
(c) She loves the information that comes with the tours.
(d) She appreciates the in-depth knowledge they get of the villagers.
4. How does Rita feel after she goes back to Bali?
(a) Things aren't the same as before.
(b) She realizes that it is home, and she never wants to leave.
(c) She loves it more than ever.
(d) She wants to leave immediately.
5. How does Tu Aji feel about death?
(a) He is afraid of death.
(b) He resents the fact that he must someday die.
(c) He is ready to face the next world.
(d) He wants more time on earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Rita's neighbors in Vancouver like?
2. How does Rita help the wives?
3. What impact does Han's wound have on the group?
4. Why does Rita climb the mountains?
5. Irian Jaya is the western half of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
2. How does Rita prepare for her time in Irian Jaya?
3. Rita visits her mom and is alarmed by her weakness. How does she react to her mother's health situation?
4. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
5. Describe the housing situation in which Rita, finds herself on Bali.
6. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
7. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
8. What happens when the women go into a trance?
9. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
10. How is Rita's mother's experience after the death of Rita's father similar to Rita's experiences?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)