|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Rita attribute her desire to leave Bali?
(a) The people are beginning to bother her.
(b) The women are mean to her.
(c) She wants to get away from all the palace gossip.
(d) Her prince is gone.
2. What is missing from Rita's life after she returns to Bali?
(a) Good food.
3. What is Dr. Galdikas like?
(a) She is very easy-going.
(b) She is very prompt and detailed.
(c) She challenges everyone around her to think.
(d) She is a very difficult person with whom to work.
4. How does the king treat the woman who gives him the message from the spirits?
(a) He has her honored for bringing such good news.
(b) He treats her normally. It isn't she who gives the message, she is just the vessel through whom the spirits speak.
(c) He has her killed.
(d) He has her whipped.
5. Irian Jaya is the western half of what?
(c) New Guinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What miracle happens to Rita?
2. What is the situation at the airport?
3. Rita attends what type of ceremony?
4. How much interaction does Rita have with Dr. Galdikas?
5. How does Rita feel after the ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
2. Describe the housing situation in which Rita, finds herself on Bali.
3. How does Rita feel about the hierarchy of the island?
4. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
5. How does Rita use music when she is going on the trek?
6. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
7. What is it that Rita does not like about Hans?
8. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
9. What is Dr. Galdika like?
10. What is a common problem that Rita observes in the children of the villages through which she travels?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)