|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rita feel after the ceremony?
(a) She is horrified that this might happen to her.
(b) She much prefers the burials back home.
(c) It feels natural to celebrate the spirit moving on.
(d) She is disgusted.
2. Where does Rita plan to travel after Bali?
(a) She is going to travel through the western United States.
(b) She is going to Europe.
(c) She is going to travel through the eastern United States.
(d) She is going to trek in the mountains of Irian Jaya.
3. What hobby does Rita pick up while living in Seattle?
(b) Stamp collecting.
4. Bali is noted for all the following except what?
5. What does Rita think of sago, the main food staple of the tree village?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She spits it out.
(c) She asks for the recipe.
(d) She thinks it is dry and flavorless, but eats it anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Irian Jaya is the western half of what?
2. How does Rita feel after her Irian Jaya experience?
3. What new item does Rita discover when she gets back to Kerambitan?
4. What is Dr. Galdikas like?
5. What miracle happens to Rita?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
2. How is Rita's mother's experience after the death of Rita's father similar to Rita's experiences?
3. What happens to the book Rita writes about the orangutan experience?
4. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
5. How does Rita feel about the hierarchy of the island?
6. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
7. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
8. What happens when the women go into a trance?
9. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
10. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)