|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rita's relationship with Tu Aji?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) There is outright animosity between them.
(c) They are polite but distant to each other.
(d) They become very close friends.
2. With whom does Rita stay when she arrives in Bali?
(a) A friend she had met in previous travels.
(b) A prince.
(c) A friend of her son.
(d) The owner of a bed and breakfast.
3. What is Dr. Galdikas like?
(a) She is very easy-going.
(b) She challenges everyone around her to think.
(c) She is very prompt and detailed.
(d) She is a very difficult person with whom to work.
4. Why does Rita leave Bali to go the United States?
(a) She doesn't want to be reminded of Tu Nini.
(b) To check on her mother.
(c) She is tired of Bali.
(d) She wants to get an apartment.
5. How long does Jan stay when she comes to Bali?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four months.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rita plan to travel after Bali?
2. What concerns Rita about the children in the mountain villages?
3. What does Rita think about Hans?
4. What does Rita want to do when she leaves Bali in 1997?
5. How long does Rita stay in Bali?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita prepare for her time in Irian Jaya?
2. What is a common problem that Rita observes in the children of the villages through which she travels?
3. What is Dr. Galdika like?
4. What is it that Rita does not like about Hans?
5. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
6. What happens with Hans' wound?
7. How does Rita feel about the hierarchy of the island?
8. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
9. How does Rita feel about spirituality?
10. What happens to the book Rita writes about the orangutan experience?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)