|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after they take Tu Nini to the healer?
(a) She dies the next day.
(b) She slowly begins to get better.
(c) She is instantly healed.
(d) She becomes sicker at first, then heals miraculously.
2. Why does Rita climb the mountains?
(a) She wants to see the country from a high point.
(b) She wants to prove that she can.
(c) She loves exercising.
(d) She wants to meet the people who live in the mountains.
3. How long does Jan stay when she comes to Bali?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four months.
4. What impact does Han's wound have on the group?
(a) They feel horrible for him.
(b) It keeps them up all night, caring for it.
(c) It is infected so they have to stop their travels immediately.
(d) They don't care what happens to him.
5. What are Rita's neighbors in Vancouver like?
(a) They are overbearing.
(b) They are cantankerous.
(c) They are very welcoming and generous.
(d) They stay to themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tu Nini do before she dies?
2. How do Rita's children react to her living near them?
3. To what does Rita attribute her desire to leave Bali?
4. With whom does Rita stay when she arrives in Bali?
5. What is a highlight of Rita's visit with Dr. Galdika?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the housing situation in which Rita, finds herself on Bali.
2. What is a common problem that Rita observes in the children of the villages through which she travels?
3. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
4. What is it that Rita does not like about Hans?
5. How does Rita feel about the hierarchy of the island?
6. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
7. How does Rita feel about spirituality?
8. Describe the treasures that Tu Aji's ancestors found in the cave.
9. What happens with Hans' wound?
10. What happens to the book Rita writes about the orangutan experience?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)