|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rita want to do when she leaves Bali in 1997?
(a) She wants to be near her children in New York.
(b) She wants to be near her children in Seattle.
(c) She wants to stop traveling and live in the United States.
(d) She wants to go back to Israel.
2. What does the telegram Rita receives tell her?
(a) The villagers are holding a celebration in her honor.
(b) Tu Aji has died.
(c) Her book has made the NY Times bestseller list.
(d) There is a disease in the village.
3. What do the spirits tell the king?
(a) He is going to die soon.
(b) He is doing a wonderful job ruling.
(c) He is too autocratic.
(d) He is not fulfilling his responsibilities to the family.
4. What are Rita's neighbors in Vancouver like?
(a) They are very welcoming and generous.
(b) They are overbearing.
(c) They stay to themselves.
(d) They are cantankerous.
5. Who dies shortly after Tu Nini?
(b) The king.
(c) Tu Biang.
(d) Rita's dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tool changes Rita's connection to her family?
2. Who flies Rita to the next village visit?
3. Why is the child scared of Rita?
4. What is Dr. Galdikas like?
5. How does Tu Aji feel about death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the women go into a trance?
2. How does Rita feel about spirituality?
3. How does Rita use music when she is going on the trek?
4. What is a common problem that Rita observes in the children of the villages through which she travels?
5. What is it that Rita does not like about Hans?
6. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
7. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
8. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
9. Rita visits her mom and is alarmed by her weakness. How does she react to her mother's health situation?
10. Describe the treasures that Tu Aji's ancestors found in the cave.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)