|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the book Rita writes about her experience?
(a) It becomes a best seller.
(b) It becomes a series.
(c) It is broken into a series of articles.
(d) It is never published.
2. How do Rita and her companions reach through the cultural barrier?
(a) By offering expensive gifts.
(b) By helping with the cooking.
(c) Through language lessons.
(d) With music.
3. What hobby does Rita pick up while living in Seattle?
(d) Stamp collecting.
4. What concerns Rita about the children in the mountain villages?
(a) They run too free.
(b) They are nutritionally deficient.
(c) They have no business sense.
(d) They are sassy.
5. About what is the old woman on the bus ranting?
(a) She doesn't have money for medicine.
(b) She thinkgs the transportation system is abysmal.
(c) She thinks the other riders are rude.
(d) She hates commercialism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during her visit to her mother in the United States?
2. What is a highlight of Rita's visit with Dr. Galdika?
3. What do three men throw into the water?
4. Where does Rita plan to travel after Bali?
5. Where does Rita live in Seattle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel about the hierarchy of the island?
2. What happens to the book Rita writes about the orangutan experience?
3. What is a common problem that Rita observes in the children of the villages through which she travels?
4. How is Rita's mother's experience after the death of Rita's father similar to Rita's experiences?
5. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
6. Describe the housing situation in which Rita, finds herself on Bali.
7. How does Rita prepare for her time in Irian Jaya?
8. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
9. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
10. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)