|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Rita stay in Bali?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Eight years.
(d) One year.
2. How much interaction does Rita have with Dr. Galdikas?
(a) They meet daily several times.
(b) They eat together daily.
(c) They are inseparable.
(d) They have little to no interaction.
3. What does Rita have to watch out for when she bathes?
(a) Mud slides.
(c) Parasitic worms.
4. What happens to the book Rita writes about her experience?
(a) It becomes a best seller.
(b) It becomes a series.
(c) It is broken into a series of articles.
(d) It is never published.
5. What tool changes Rita's connection to her family?
(a) The family starts visiting her more.
(b) She can telegraph the family.
(c) They use instant cameras to share candid images.
(d) She gets Internet access.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rita and her companions reach through the cultural barrier?
2. What is missing from Rita's life after she returns to Bali?
3. How long does Jan stay when she comes to Bali?
4. How does Tu Aji feel about death?
5. Why do Rita's guests prepare a special dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Galdika like?
2. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
3. What happens to the book Rita writes about the orangutan experience?
4. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
5. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
6. Rita visits her mom and is alarmed by her weakness. How does she react to her mother's health situation?
7. What is a common problem that Rita observes in the children of the villages through which she travels?
8. What happens when the women go into a trance?
9. How is Rita's mother's experience after the death of Rita's father similar to Rita's experiences?
10. How does Rita contribute to the household when she lives at Dayu Raka's place?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)