|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Rita's children react to her living near them?
(a) They stop in if she begs them to do so.
(b) They visit her frequently and ask her to move closer to them.
(c) They smother her with their nurturing.
(d) They resent her intrusion in their lives.
2. Where does Rita live in Seattle?
(a) With her son.
(b) In an apartment overlooking a lake.
(c) In a house she buys.
(d) With her daughter.
3. Why is Rita concerned about her mother?
(a) Her mother's Parkinson's is getting worse.
(b) Her mother has fallen and broken her hip.
(c) Her mother has Alzheimer's.
(d) Her mother is depressed after the death of her husband.
4. How does Rita feel after her Irian Jaya experience?
(a) She is now physically and mentally in shape.
(b) She has discovered that she loves group travel.
(c) Physically drained, and she discovers that she prefers traveling alone.
5. What impact does Han's wound have on the group?
(a) They don't care what happens to him.
(b) It keeps them up all night, caring for it.
(c) They feel horrible for him.
(d) It is infected so they have to stop their travels immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Rita's guests prepare a special dinner?
2. Who does Tu Man want to marry?
3. What is the treasure Tu Aji's ancestors found in the caves?
4. How does Tu Aji feel about death?
5. Why does Rita leave Bali to go the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita prepare for her time in Irian Jaya?
2. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
3. Rita visits her mom and is alarmed by her weakness. How does she react to her mother's health situation?
4. How is Rita's mother's experience after the death of Rita's father similar to Rita's experiences?
5. What is Dr. Galdika like?
6. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
7. How does Rita contribute to the household when she lives at Dayu Raka's place?
8. Describe the treasures that Tu Aji's ancestors found in the cave.
9. What happens when the women go into a trance?
10. How does Rita feel about spirituality?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)