|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bali is noted for all the following except what?
2. Why is the child scared of Rita?
(a) She looks different from anyone he has ever encountered.
(b) Her voice is too loud.
(c) She tells strange stories.
(d) Her actions are too abrupt.
3. Why is Rita concerned about her mother?
(a) Her mother has fallen and broken her hip.
(b) Her mother's Parkinson's is getting worse.
(c) Her mother has Alzheimer's.
(d) Her mother is depressed after the death of her husband.
4. How does Rita feel after she goes back to Bali?
(a) She wants to leave immediately.
(b) She realizes that it is home, and she never wants to leave.
(c) Things aren't the same as before.
(d) She loves it more than ever.
5. What bothers Rita when she thinks of dying in Bali?
(a) She doesn't want to die so far from her home.
(b) She doesn't want to be cremated.
(c) She doesn't want the villagers peering at her naked corpse.
(d) She doesn't want to be buried without a tombstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rita attends what type of ceremony?
2. What does Tu Nini do before she dies?
3. What happens during her visit to her mother in the United States?
4. How does Dr. Galdikas treat the animals?
5. To what does Rita attribute her desire to leave Bali?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
2. How does Rita prepare for her time in Irian Jaya?
3. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
4. How does Rita use music when she is going on the trek?
5. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
6. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
7. What is Dr. Galdika like?
8. What happens when the women go into a trance?
9. Describe the housing situation in which Rita, finds herself on Bali.
10. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)