|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the book Rita writes about her experience?
(a) It becomes a best seller.
(b) It is broken into a series of articles.
(c) It becomes a series.
(d) It is never published.
2. What happens after they take Tu Nini to the healer?
(a) She is instantly healed.
(b) She dies the next day.
(c) She slowly begins to get better.
(d) She becomes sicker at first, then heals miraculously.
3. What is the treasure Tu Aji's ancestors found in the caves?
4. What impact does Han's wound have on the group?
(a) It is infected so they have to stop their travels immediately.
(b) They don't care what happens to him.
(c) It keeps them up all night, caring for it.
(d) They feel horrible for him.
5. How does Tu Aji feel about death?
(a) He is ready to face the next world.
(b) He resents the fact that he must someday die.
(c) He is afraid of death.
(d) He wants more time on earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the family think Tu Nini is dying?
2. Bali is noted for all the following except what?
3. What happens to the baby with whom they travel ?
4. Why does Rita climb the mountains?
5. What is Rita's relationship with Tu Aji?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
2. How does Rita feel about the hierarchy of the island?
3. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
4. What happens with Hans' wound?
5. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
6. What happens to the book Rita writes about the orangutan experience?
7. How does Rita contribute to the household when she lives at Dayu Raka's place?
8. What is Dr. Galdika like?
9. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
10. How does Rita prepare for her time in Irian Jaya?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)