|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool changes Rita's connection to her family?
(a) They use instant cameras to share candid images.
(b) The family starts visiting her more.
(c) She can telegraph the family.
(d) She gets Internet access.
2. What is the situation at the airport?
(a) No flights are going out that day.
(b) Flights are slightly delayed.
(c) The airport is chaotic.
(d) The flights are leaving early.
3. What is the treasure Tu Aji's ancestors found in the caves?
4. How do Rita's children react to her living near them?
(a) They smother her with their nurturing.
(b) They visit her frequently and ask her to move closer to them.
(c) They resent her intrusion in their lives.
(d) They stop in if she begs them to do so.
5. How does Rita help the wives?
(a) She watches the children.
(b) She shops for them.
(c) She teaches them English.
(d) She helps with gardening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita realize when she goes to pay for her store purchases?
2. What does Tu Nini do before she dies?
3. What stops Rita from staying in one of the village houses?
4. What miracle happens to Rita?
5. Who does Tu Man want to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita prepare for her time in Irian Jaya?
2. What happens with Hans' wound?
3. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
4. What happens to the book Rita writes about the orangutan experience?
5. What is it that Rita does not like about Hans?
6. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
7. Rita visits her mom and is alarmed by her weakness. How does she react to her mother's health situation?
8. How does Rita feel about the hierarchy of the island?
9. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
10. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)