|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Rita when she thinks of dying in Bali?
(a) She doesn't want to die so far from her home.
(b) She doesn't want to be cremated.
(c) She doesn't want to be buried without a tombstone.
(d) She doesn't want the villagers peering at her naked corpse.
2. What does Tu Nini do before she dies?
(a) She asks for permission to die.
(b) She cleans the house.
(c) She writes a letter.
(d) She calls all her closest friends and relatives in to say goodbye.
3. How long does Jan stay when she comes to Bali?
(a) A year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four months.
4. What does the telegram Rita receives tell her?
(a) There is a disease in the village.
(b) Tu Aji has died.
(c) The villagers are holding a celebration in her honor.
(d) Her book has made the NY Times bestseller list.
5. How does Rita furnish her home in Seattle?
(a) She goes on a shopping spree on President's Day weekend.
(b) She decides to live without furnishings.
(c) With furnishings from Goodwill.
(d) With furniture her children discard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tu Aji feel about death?
2. What incredible gift does Rita discover Nyoman has?
3. Who does Tu Man want to marry?
4. Why does the group travel through swamps and trees?
5. About what is the old woman on the bus ranting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita contribute to the household when she lives at Dayu Raka's place?
2. How does Rita prepare for her time in Irian Jaya?
3. What is Dr. Galdika like?
4. What happens to the book Rita writes about the orangutan experience?
5. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
6. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
7. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
8. How does Rita feel about spirituality?
9. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
10. What happens when the women go into a trance?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)