|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rita feel after her Irian Jaya experience?
(a) She has discovered that she loves group travel.
(b) She is now physically and mentally in shape.
(c) Physically drained, and she discovers that she prefers traveling alone.
2. Who dies shortly after Tu Nini?
(b) The king.
(c) Tu Biang.
(d) Rita's dad.
3. How do Rita's children react to her living near them?
(a) They stop in if she begs them to do so.
(b) They visit her frequently and ask her to move closer to them.
(c) They smother her with their nurturing.
(d) They resent her intrusion in their lives.
4. What happens to the book Rita writes about her experience?
(a) It is never published.
(b) It becomes a best seller.
(c) It becomes a series.
(d) It is broken into a series of articles.
5. What happens during her visit to her mother in the United States?
(a) The hired help quits.
(b) Her daughter is in a car accident.
(c) Her son gets engaged.
(d) Her mother dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rita climb the mountains?
2. How long does Jan stay when she comes to Bali?
3. How does Rita furnish her home in Seattle?
4. Where does Rita plan to travel after Bali?
5. What happens to the baby with whom they travel ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
2. What happens when the women go into a trance?
3. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
4. How does Rita contribute to the household when she lives at Dayu Raka's place?
5. How does Rita feel about the hierarchy of the island?
6. What is a common problem that Rita observes in the children of the villages through which she travels?
7. How does Rita use music when she is going on the trek?
8. What happens with Hans' wound?
9. Describe the treasures that Tu Aji's ancestors found in the cave.
10. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)