|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the missionaries in Irian Jaya?
(a) They want to feed the villagers.
(b) They like to travel.
(c) They want to educate the villagers.
(d) They want to give the people religion in their own tribal language.
2. What happens to the book Rita writes about her experience?
(a) It is broken into a series of articles.
(b) It becomes a best seller.
(c) It is never published.
(d) It becomes a series.
3. What does Rita realize when she goes to pay for her store purchases?
(a) She still has money from Bali.
(b) Prices are extremely high.
(c) She has left her wallet at home.
(d) They should have charged her more.
4. Why does the group travel through swamps and trees?
(a) Rita wants to go somewhere the missionaries haven't gone.
(b) Someone from the area has called for them.
(c) It's good exercise.
(d) They like the adventure.
5. What bothers Rita when she thinks of dying in Bali?
(a) She doesn't want to die so far from her home.
(b) She doesn't want the villagers peering at her naked corpse.
(c) She doesn't want to be buried without a tombstone.
(d) She doesn't want to be cremated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tool changes Rita's connection to her family?
2. How does Tu Aji feel about death?
3. What is missing from Rita's life after she returns to Bali?
4. Bali is noted for all the following except what?
5. What impact does Han's wound have on the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita use music when she is going on the trek?
2. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
3. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
4. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
5. Rita visits her mom and is alarmed by her weakness. How does she react to her mother's health situation?
6. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
7. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
8. How does Rita feel about the hierarchy of the island?
9. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
10. What happens with Hans' wound?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)