|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incredible gift does Rita discover Nyoman has?
(a) He's a terrific chef.
(b) He has a real gift for language.
(c) He's an incredible sculptor.
(d) He is very good with animals.
2. What does Rita want to do when she leaves Bali in 1997?
(a) She wants to go back to Israel.
(b) She wants to stop traveling and live in the United States.
(c) She wants to be near her children in Seattle.
(d) She wants to be near her children in New York.
3. What does Rita have to watch out for when she bathes?
(c) Parasitic worms.
(d) Mud slides.
4. To what does Rita attribute her desire to leave Bali?
(a) The people are beginning to bother her.
(b) She wants to get away from all the palace gossip.
(c) Her prince is gone.
(d) The women are mean to her.
5. What happens to the baby with whom they travel ?
(a) It keeps them all laughing.
(b) It makes Rita miss her children.
(c) It is injured, and Rita helps it.
(d) It dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rita plan to travel after Bali?
2. What does Rita feel about the animals after tracking them for a day?
3. What is the situation at the airport?
4. About what is the old woman on the bus ranting?
5. What tool changes Rita's connection to her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
2. Rita visits her mom and is alarmed by her weakness. How does she react to her mother's health situation?
3. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
4. What happens with Hans' wound?
5. What happens to the book Rita writes about the orangutan experience?
6. How does Rita prepare for her time in Irian Jaya?
7. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
8. How is Rita's mother's experience after the death of Rita's father similar to Rita's experiences?
9. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
10. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)