|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the baby with whom they travel ?
(a) It is injured, and Rita helps it.
(b) It keeps them all laughing.
(c) It makes Rita miss her children.
(d) It dies.
2. What is the treasure Tu Aji's ancestors found in the caves?
3. What bothers Rita when she thinks of dying in Bali?
(a) She doesn't want to be buried without a tombstone.
(b) She doesn't want to die so far from her home.
(c) She doesn't want to be cremated.
(d) She doesn't want the villagers peering at her naked corpse.
4. Why is Rita concerned about her mother?
(a) Her mother's Parkinson's is getting worse.
(b) Her mother has Alzheimer's.
(c) Her mother is depressed after the death of her husband.
(d) Her mother has fallen and broken her hip.
5. What concerns Rita about the children in the mountain villages?
(a) They have no business sense.
(b) They are nutritionally deficient.
(c) They are sassy.
(d) They run too free.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Rita from staying in one of the village houses?
2. What incredible gift does Rita discover Nyoman has?
3. What does the telegram Rita receives tell her?
4. What kind of house does Dayu Raka have ready for Rita?
5. What do the spirits tell the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita use music when she is going on the trek?
2. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
3. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
4. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
5. Describe the housing situation in which Rita, finds herself on Bali.
6. What happens with Hans' wound?
7. What is Dr. Galdika like?
8. Rita visits her mom and is alarmed by her weakness. How does she react to her mother's health situation?
9. Describe the treasures that Tu Aji's ancestors found in the cave.
10. How is Rita's mother's experience after the death of Rita's father similar to Rita's experiences?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)