|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much interaction does Rita have with Dr. Galdikas?
(a) They have little to no interaction.
(b) They are inseparable.
(c) They meet daily several times.
(d) They eat together daily.
2. What does Rita think about her house in Vancouver?
(a) She can't wait to leave it.
(b) She decides she'd rather live in an apartment.
(c) It will do for the time being. It's better than nothing.
(d) She loves it, and she is quickly ready to entertain.
3. To what does Rita attribute her desire to leave Bali?
(a) The people are beginning to bother her.
(b) Her prince is gone.
(c) She wants to get away from all the palace gossip.
(d) The women are mean to her.
4. Why does the family think Tu Nini is dying?
(a) Black magic.
(b) She has eaten contaminated food.
(c) She is old.
(d) She is starving herself.
5. What is the treasure Tu Aji's ancestors found in the caves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of house does Dayu Raka have ready for Rita?
2. Why is the child scared of Rita?
3. What happens to the book Rita writes about her experience?
4. What is Rita's relationship with Tu Aji?
5. How does Tu Aji feel about death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel about spirituality?
2. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
3. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
4. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
5. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
6. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
7. How does Rita contribute to the household when she lives at Dayu Raka's place?
8. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
9. Describe the treasures that Tu Aji's ancestors found in the cave.
10. What happens when the women go into a trance?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)