|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rita feel about the animals after tracking them for a day?
(a) She doesn't understand why people spend time studying them.
(b) She is amazed by their intelligence.
(c) She is in awe.
(d) She is disgusted with their habits.
2. To what does Rita attribute her desire to leave Bali?
(a) The people are beginning to bother her.
(b) Her prince is gone.
(c) The women are mean to her.
(d) She wants to get away from all the palace gossip.
3. What is Dr. Galdikas rule regarding the forest?
(a) No talking.
(b) No plant-cutting.
(c) No taking samples.
(d) No photographs.
4. Who dies shortly after Tu Nini?
(b) Tu Biang.
(c) Rita's dad.
(d) The king.
5. What stops Rita from staying in one of the village houses?
(a) The people are very ill.
(b) She doesn't like the atmosphere in the village.
(c) The inhabitants scare her away.
(d) She would have to climb up a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rita feel after she goes back to Bali?
2. What bothers Rita when she thinks of dying in Bali?
3. How does Dr. Galdikas treat the animals?
4. Who does Tu Man want to marry?
5. Why is the child scared of Rita?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
2. How is Rita's mother's experience after the death of Rita's father similar to Rita's experiences?
3. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
4. How does Rita use music when she is going on the trek?
5. How does Rita contribute to the household when she lives at Dayu Raka's place?
6. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
7. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
8. What is Dr. Galdika like?
9. What is it that Rita does not like about Hans?
10. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)