|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Rita's neighbors in Vancouver like?
(a) They stay to themselves.
(b) They are overbearing.
(c) They are very welcoming and generous.
(d) They are cantankerous.
2. How long does Rita stay in Bali?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Eight years.
(d) One year.
3. What is Dr. Galdikas like?
(a) She challenges everyone around her to think.
(b) She is a very difficult person with whom to work.
(c) She is very easy-going.
(d) She is very prompt and detailed.
4. With whom does Rita stay when she arrives in Bali?
(a) The owner of a bed and breakfast.
(b) A prince.
(c) A friend of her son.
(d) A friend she had met in previous travels.
5. What is missing from Rita's life after she returns to Bali?
(b) Good food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Galdikas rule regarding the forest?
2. Why do Rita's guests prepare a special dinner?
3. About what is the old woman on the bus ranting?
4. What happens after they take Tu Nini to the healer?
5. Why does the family think Tu Nini is dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
2. How does Rita use music when she is going on the trek?
3. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
4. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
5. What happens with Hans' wound?
6. What is it that Rita does not like about Hans?
7. Rita visits her mom and is alarmed by her weakness. How does she react to her mother's health situation?
8. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
9. What happens when the women go into a trance?
10. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)