|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rita think about her house in Vancouver?
(a) She can't wait to leave it.
(b) She loves it, and she is quickly ready to entertain.
(c) It will do for the time being. It's better than nothing.
(d) She decides she'd rather live in an apartment.
2. Why does the family think Tu Nini is dying?
(a) She is old.
(b) She has eaten contaminated food.
(c) She is starving herself.
(d) Black magic.
3. What is the situation at the airport?
(a) The flights are leaving early.
(b) No flights are going out that day.
(c) The airport is chaotic.
(d) Flights are slightly delayed.
4. What new item does Rita discover when she gets back to Kerambitan?
(d) Grocery stores.
5. What is the treasure Tu Aji's ancestors found in the caves?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rita feel after she goes back to Bali?
2. What do three men throw into the water?
3. Why is Rita concerned about her mother?
4. What kind of house does Dayu Raka have ready for Rita?
5. What happens to the baby with whom they travel ?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the housing situation in which Rita, finds herself on Bali.
2. How does Rita feel about spirituality?
3. What happens to the book Rita writes about the orangutan experience?
4. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
5. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
6. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
7. How is Rita's mother's experience after the death of Rita's father similar to Rita's experiences?
8. How does Rita use music when she is going on the trek?
9. What is life like in Bali without Tu Aji?
10. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)