|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rita have a respect for street entertainers?
(a) She thinks they are creative.
(b) She is somewhat envious of their extroverted nature.
(c) She appreciates the joy they bring to the world.
(d) She is very clumsy and doesn't know how they do their acts.
2. What does Rita experience at the campgrounds after visiting the Temple of the Inscriptions?
(a) A sense of dread.
(b) A religious connection.
(c) Psychedelic mushrooms.
3. What does Rita do in the waterfalls?
(a) She finds beautiful rocks.
(b) She showers.
(c) She sings.
(d) She swims without clothes.
4. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
(a) The part of the ceremony where they salute each other with speeches.
(b) The part of the ceremony where they get drunk.
(c) The part of the ceremony where they dance.
(d) The part of the ceremony where they kill the cow.
5. Who leads the group to Tower Island?
(b) A friend Rita had met on a previous trip.
(c) The captain.
(d) Rita's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brigitte wants Rita to do what?
2. Rita loses her position because the boss thinks what?
3. The school makes arrangements for Rita to stay where?
4. What do Rita and her husband decide to do?
5. What does Zahava want Rita to experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the economic climate like in Bali?
2. How does Servas work?
3. What sort of reception does Rita get when she stays in the Zapotec village?
4. How do the children at the school respond to her leaving?
5. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
6. What are the songs at the Maori concert about?
7. Describe Rita's house in Vancouver.
8. What happens with Hans' wound?
9. How does Rita get along with the security guard?
10. What do Jan and Rita think about the experience?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)