|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The school makes arrangements for Rita to stay where?
(a) She stays in a dorm.
(b) She stays in a bed and breakfast.
(c) She stays with a young couple and their baby.
(d) She stays with an elderly couple.
2. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
(a) The part of the ceremony where they kill the cow.
(b) The part of the ceremony where they dance.
(c) The part of the ceremony where they salute each other with speeches.
(d) The part of the ceremony where they get drunk.
3. Why does Rita have a respect for street entertainers?
(a) She is very clumsy and doesn't know how they do their acts.
(b) She thinks they are creative.
(c) She is somewhat envious of their extroverted nature.
(d) She appreciates the joy they bring to the world.
4. Why can't women sing during the service?
(a) Their voices are too shrill.
(b) They don't really know the correct pronunciations.
(c) Their voices might tempt and distract the men.
(d) They are too noisy.
5. What does Rita feel as if she stepped into when she visits the Druse?
(a) Another world.
(b) A lion's den.
(c) The future.
(d) A pit of snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is the author afraid at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. What does Rita learn how to make at Mama's?
3. How do the women in the village treat Rita on her first day?
4. Where does the family picnic when they go to the beach?
5. Why does Rita have to go to Quibuto after 10 in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Rita connected to the military when she visits the Galapagos?
2. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
3. What is the Traveler's Network like?
4. How does Rita end up as a hitchhiker on a 20-person luxury cruise ship?
5. What is Juanita's connection to California?
6. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
7. What sort of reception does Rita get when she stays in the Zapotec village?
8. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
9. Why does Rita decide to travel, and why does she go alone?
10. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)