|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rita imagine she sees when looking out over the plaza toward the Temple of the Inscriptions?
(b) Her traveling partners.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her husband.
2. Where does Rita's passion for travel get re-kindled?
(a) When she goes to the library and takes out some travel books.
(b) When she watches the Travel Channel on TV.
(c) When she goes to a seminar given by a world traveler.
(d) When she goes to the Galapagos.
3. What does Rita realize while she is touring the museums in Mexico City?
(a) She has no friends.
(b) She has no concept of safety.
(c) She is completely free to do whatever she wants.
(d) She misses her husband.
4. What is the topography of the village?
(a) It's almost vertical.
(b) It's on a plateau.
(c) It's in a valley.
(d) It is on rolling land.
5. Now that she is truly free, where does Rita decide to travel in Chapter 4?
(a) The Galapagos.
(c) Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Rita get when she asks about life in El Salvador?
2. What does Rita observe about the Nicaraguans she meets over the eight months that she is there?
3. Who greets Rita at the airport when she arrives home?
4. Who visits Rita while she is in Galapagos?
5. What does Zahava want Rita to experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel about going home?
2. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
3. What happens when the women go into a trance?
4. What is Juanita's connection to California?
5. How does Rita feel when she decides to go on a vacation to Thailand?
6. What is a linguistic problem that Rita faces in Thailand, and how does she overcome it?
7. What happens with Hans' wound?
8. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
9. What is the economic climate like in Bali?
10. What is a common problem that Rita observes in the children of the villages through which she travels?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)