|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what do they tour the islands?
(a) A beat-up converted fishing boat.
(b) A sleek cruiser.
(c) A tour boat.
(d) A friend's sailboat.
2. Why does Rita have to go to Quibuto after 10 in the morning?
(a) There is too much traffic earlier.
(b) The people in the town like to sleep in late.
(c) They need to clear the mines in the road that have been planted overnight.
(d) Rita like to sleep in late.
3. How many days pass before the women in the village (aside from Margarita) begin to talk with Rita?
4. Who accompanies them into Nicaragua?
(a) Two soldiers.
(b) A priest.
(c) Some old friends.
(d) Some new friends.
5. What does Rita feel as if she is running towards?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Rita while she is in Galapagos?
2. What does Rita brush up on before leaving for Indonesia?
3. How long does Rita want to stay in the Zapotec village?
4. What does Rita say her profession is?
5. What do the children ask Rita to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Traveler's Network like?
2. Why does Rita decide to travel, and why does she go alone?
3. How do the Indonesians feel about their elderly?
4. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
5. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
6. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
7. How is Rita connected to the military when she visits the Galapagos?
8. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
9. What is Juanita's connection to California?
10. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)