|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rita feel after she leaves Nicaragua?
2. How does Rita feel as she goes down the street in San Salvador?
3. Where does Rita's passion for travel get re-kindled?
(a) When she watches the Travel Channel on TV.
(b) When she goes to a seminar given by a world traveler.
(c) When she goes to the Galapagos.
(d) When she goes to the library and takes out some travel books.
4. Now that she is truly free, where does Rita decide to travel in Chapter 4?
(a) The Galapagos.
(d) Mexico City.
5. Where does Rita get the idea to go to Indonesia?
(a) After blindly settling her finger on a map.
(b) After meeting an Indonesian.
(c) After reading a book.
(d) At her high school reunion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do women react when Rita talks about her travels?
2. What does Rita observe about the Nicaraguans she meets over the eight months that she is there?
3. Of what is the author afraid at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. With whom does Rita eat on her second night in Mexico City?
5. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel about going home?
2. How are women treated in the communities Rita visits in Israel?
3. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
4. What is the Traveler's Network like?
5. Why does Rita decide to travel, and why does she go alone?
6. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
7. How does Rita feel about cooking with the women?
8. What is Juanita's connection to California?
9. How does Servas work?
10. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)