Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the group to Tower Island?
(a) The captain.
(c) Rita's daughter.
(d) A friend Rita had met on a previous trip.
2. Why does Rita have a respect for street entertainers?
(a) She is very clumsy and doesn't know how they do their acts.
(b) She appreciates the joy they bring to the world.
(c) She is somewhat envious of their extroverted nature.
(d) She thinks they are creative.
3. How does Rita feel as a woman in the super-Orthodox world?
(a) She doesn't like feeling second class.
(b) She feels treasured.
(c) She feels ignored.
(d) She appreciates the importance of her role as a nurturer.
4. Who teaches Rita Indonesian?
(a) A school she attends in Indonesia.
(b) She teaches herself and won't accept help from anyone else.
(c) An American student.
(d) The maid.
5. Why do they leave the restaurant?
(a) They have a meeting to attend.
(b) They don't trust the men who are striking up a conversation with them.
(c) The food is terrible.
(d) Rita is feeling ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Rita want to stay in the Zapotec village?
2. Brigitte wants Rita to do what?
3. Why can't women sing during the service?
4. What community does Rita want to learn more about in Chapter 4?
5. Where does Rita get the idea to go to Indonesia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the women go into a trance?
2. What are the songs at the Maori concert about?
3. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
4. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
5. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
6. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
7. Rita visits her mom and is alarmed by her weakness. How does she react to her mother's health situation?
8. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
9. What happens with Hans' wound?
10. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)