|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rita go on her first full day in Mexico City?
(a) She visits some historic churches.
(b) She goes to a fast food restaurant.
(c) She goes to the market.
(d) She goes on a formal tour.
2. What does the architect want Rita to do?
(a) Read her books to his children.
(b) Teach his children how to write books.
(c) Teach his children English.
(d) Write a book about his family.
3. What does Rita experience at the campgrounds after visiting the Temple of the Inscriptions?
(b) Psychedelic mushrooms.
(c) A religious connection.
(d) A sense of dread.
4. How does Rita feel as a woman in the super-Orthodox world?
(a) She doesn't like feeling second class.
(b) She feels treasured.
(c) She appreciates the importance of her role as a nurturer.
(d) She feels ignored.
5. About what has Rita always dreamed?
(a) Staying home with her husband and children.
(b) Having enough wealth to share with others.
(c) Having a luxurious lifestyle.
(d) Owning nothing but the stuff she could carry on her back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rita imagine she sees when looking out over the plaza toward the Temple of the Inscriptions?
2. What does Rita inadvertently do to her landlady?
3. How does Rita feel about her Jewish background?
4. Where does Rita's passion for travel get re-kindled?
5. What is the first thing Rita does when she arrives at her house in Israel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
2. How does Rita feel about cooking with the women?
3. How are women treated in the communities Rita visits in Israel?
4. How does Servas work?
5. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
6. What does Rita feel about living in Guatemala?
7. What is Juanita's connection to California?
8. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
9. What is the Traveler's Network like?
10. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)