|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men treat Rita?
(a) They are cordial, but don't look at her directly.
(b) They stand at a distance.
(c) They run away.
(d) They gather around her, touch her, and tell her stories.
2. What is the last great task Rita accomplishes before leaving the village?
(a) She climbs the mountain.
(b) She creates a beautiful necklace.
(c) She swims across the river.
(d) She makes a meal for her host family.
3. What makes Ruth decide to have Rita as a guest?
(a) She is excited about having an author in the house.
(b) She has Rita's writing analyzed by a friend who tells her that she should meet Rita.
(c) She is bored and decides that she needs company.
(d) She is very lonely.
4. When the plane lands on a different island than the one where Rita thinks she is staying, how does she react?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She panicks and demands to go back.
(c) She is very nervous, but doesn't know what to say.
(d) She decides to trust and enjoy the adventure.
5. What does Rita feel as if she stepped into when she visits the Druse?
(a) The future.
(b) A pit of snakes.
(c) A lion's den.
(d) Another world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topography of the village?
2. Why does Rita decide to go to the Galapagos Islands?
3. Where does Rita's passion for travel get re-kindled?
4. What do Rita and her husband decide to do?
5. What is Rita's life like with her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel about cooking with the women?
2. Why does Rita decide to travel, and why does she go alone?
3. What is Juanita's connection to California?
4. How does Rita end up as a hitchhiker on a 20-person luxury cruise ship?
5. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
6. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
7. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
8. What does Rita feel about living in Guatemala?
9. How is Rita connected to the military when she visits the Galapagos?
10. How does Rita feel about going home?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)