|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Rita feel very connected with the women in the village?
(a) When they dance together.
(b) When they are out getting firewood together.
(c) When they are cooking together.
(d) When they are working in the fields together.
2. Who greets Rita at the airport when she arrives home?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
3. On what do they tour the islands?
(a) A beat-up converted fishing boat.
(b) A sleek cruiser.
(c) A tour boat.
(d) A friend's sailboat.
4. What does Rita inadvertently do to her landlady?
(a) She helps her out of a tough situation.
(b) She offends her by breaking customs.
(c) She offends her by showing up to a party late.
(d) She helps her without realizing it.
5. Why doesn't the captain want to go to Tower Island?
(a) He is scared of the animals.
(b) The water is too rough.
(c) It's too far, too flat, and impossible to find in fog without radar.
(d) He is worried about distressing the native animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Rita does when she arrives at her house in Israel?
2. Who does Rita imagine she sees when looking out over the plaza toward the Temple of the Inscriptions?
3. About what has Rita always dreamed?
4. What do Rita and her husband decide to do?
5. What is the topography of the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Indonesians feel about their elderly?
2. How does Servas work?
3. How are women treated in the communities Rita visits in Israel?
4. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
5. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
6. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
7. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
8. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
9. How does Rita get along with the security guard?
10. What sort of reception does Rita get when she stays in the Zapotec village?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)