|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rita's passion for travel get re-kindled?
(a) When she goes to the Galapagos.
(b) When she goes to the library and takes out some travel books.
(c) When she watches the Travel Channel on TV.
(d) When she goes to a seminar given by a world traveler.
2. Why does Rita have a respect for street entertainers?
(a) She thinks they are creative.
(b) She is very clumsy and doesn't know how they do their acts.
(c) She appreciates the joy they bring to the world.
(d) She is somewhat envious of their extroverted nature.
3. What community does Rita want to learn more about in Chapter 4?
(a) The ex-pat community.
(b) The religious community.
(c) The elderly.
(d) The street children .
4. What do Rita and her husband decide to do?
(a) They decide to get a divorce.
(b) They decide to see a marriage counselor immediately.
(c) They decide to talk together until they work everything out.
(d) They decide to take a break from each other.
5. Why does Rita decide to go to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) She wants to study the history of the area.
(b) She plans to write a children's book on animals.
(c) She wants to visit some friends there.
(d) She wants to collect shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rita goes to the Galapagos, how many years is it since she has been in Mexico City?
2. When the plane lands on a different island than the one where Rita thinks she is staying, how does she react?
3. What bothers Rita when her wallet is stolen?
4. What discovery makes Rita's traveling easier and more affordable?
5. What organization helps the families in the village with education?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
2. What does Rita feel about living in Guatemala?
3. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
4. What sort of reception does Rita get when she stays in the Zapotec village?
5. How does Rita feel about cooking with the women?
6. Why does Rita decide to travel, and why does she go alone?
7. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
8. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
9. What is the Traveler's Network like?
10. What is Juanita's connection to California?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)