|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rita feel after she leaves Nicaragua?
2. What does Rita learn how to make at Mama's?
(d) Rice cakes.
3. What does Rita observe about the female frigatebirds?
(a) They are beautiful.
(b) They are never satisfied as far as she can see.
(c) They are awkward and clumsy.
(d) They have beautiful voices.
4. Who leads the group to Tower Island?
(b) The captain.
(c) A friend Rita had met on a previous trip.
(d) Rita's daughter.
5. Who does Rita imagine she sees when looking out over the plaza toward the Temple of the Inscriptions?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her traveling partners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rita get the idea to go to Indonesia?
2. What does Rita do for her 49th birthday?
3. Where does Rita sleep in Palenque?
4. What is the first thing Rita does when she arrives at her house in Israel?
5. How does Rita get to the Zapotec village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
2. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
3. How is Rita connected to the military when she visits the Galapagos?
4. How does Servas work?
5. Why does Rita decide to travel, and why does she go alone?
6. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
7. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
8. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
9. How are women treated in the communities Rita visits in Israel?
10. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)