|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What community does Rita want to learn more about in Chapter 4?
(a) The street children .
(b) The elderly.
(c) The ex-pat community.
(d) The religious community.
2. What does Rita brush up on before leaving for Indonesia?
(b) The customs and behaviors.
(c) Her American manners.
(d) Her knowledge of their government.
3. What makes Ruth decide to have Rita as a guest?
(a) She is very lonely.
(b) She is bored and decides that she needs company.
(c) She has Rita's writing analyzed by a friend who tells her that she should meet Rita.
(d) She is excited about having an author in the house.
4. The school makes arrangements for Rita to stay where?
(a) She stays with an elderly couple.
(b) She stays in a dorm.
(c) She stays with a young couple and their baby.
(d) She stays in a bed and breakfast.
5. What is the last great task Rita accomplishes before leaving the village?
(a) She makes a meal for her host family.
(b) She swims across the river.
(c) She climbs the mountain.
(d) She creates a beautiful necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the architect want Rita to do?
2. How does Rita feel about her Jewish background?
3. Where does Rita go on her first full day in Mexico City?
4. When the plane lands on a different island than the one where Rita thinks she is staying, how does she react?
5. What do Rita and her husband decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
2. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
3. How does Rita feel about going home?
4. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
5. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
6. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
7. How do the Indonesians feel about their elderly?
8. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
9. How are women treated in the communities Rita visits in Israel?
10. How does Rita feel about cooking with the women?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)