|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the plane lands on a different island than the one where Rita thinks she is staying, how does she react?
(a) She decides to trust and enjoy the adventure.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She panicks and demands to go back.
(d) She is very nervous, but doesn't know what to say.
2. With whom does Rita travel to the ceremony?
(a) A famous author.
(b) Her hosts.
(c) Her daughter .
(d) The government party.
3. How does Rita feel about her Jewish background?
(a) She resents her background.
(b) She takes her customs and religion very seriously.
(c) She is very proud of her heritage.
(d) It seems unimportant to her.
4. What does Rita do for her 49th birthday?
(a) She calls her family in the US.
(b) She invites Maria and her family over for a party, but keeps her birthday a secret.
(c) She goes shopping.
(d) She invites Maria and her family over for a grand birthday party with cake and candles and ice cream.
5. Where does the family picnic when they go to the beach?
(a) On a sidewalk.
(b) On an island.
(c) In a park.
(d) On a bluff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita realize while she is touring the museums in Mexico City?
2. How do the women in the village treat Rita on her first day?
3. With whom does Rita eat on her second night in Mexico City?
4. Of what is the author afraid at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. How does Rita feel as she goes down the street in San Salvador?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
2. How does Rita feel about going home?
3. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
4. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
5. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
6. How are women treated in the communities Rita visits in Israel?
7. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
8. How does Rita end up as a hitchhiker on a 20-person luxury cruise ship?
9. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
10. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)