|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what has Rita always dreamed?
(a) Owning nothing but the stuff she could carry on her back.
(b) Staying home with her husband and children.
(c) Having enough wealth to share with others.
(d) Having a luxurious lifestyle.
2. When the plane lands on a different island than the one where Rita thinks she is staying, how does she react?
(a) She panicks and demands to go back.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is very nervous, but doesn't know what to say.
(d) She decides to trust and enjoy the adventure.
3. Where does Rita go on her first full day in Mexico City?
(a) She visits some historic churches.
(b) She goes on a formal tour.
(c) She goes to the market.
(d) She goes to a fast food restaurant.
4. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
(a) The part of the ceremony where they salute each other with speeches.
(b) The part of the ceremony where they get drunk.
(c) The part of the ceremony where they kill the cow.
(d) The part of the ceremony where they dance.
5. What does the architect want Rita to do?
(a) Write a book about his family.
(b) Teach his children English.
(c) Read her books to his children.
(d) Teach his children how to write books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the captain want to go to Tower Island?
2. What does Rita learn how to make at Mama's?
3. What bothers Rita when her wallet is stolen?
4. What response does Rita get when she asks about life in El Salvador?
5. With whom does Rita travel to the ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of reception does Rita get when she stays in the Zapotec village?
2. How does Rita feel about cooking with the women?
3. How do the Indonesians feel about their elderly?
4. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
5. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
6. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
7. How does Servas work?
8. How does Rita feel about going home?
9. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
10. How does Rita end up as a hitchhiker on a 20-person luxury cruise ship?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)