|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rita inadvertently do to her landlady?
(a) She helps her out of a tough situation.
(b) She offends her by breaking customs.
(c) She helps her without realizing it.
(d) She offends her by showing up to a party late.
2. Why does Rita have a respect for street entertainers?
(a) She is somewhat envious of their extroverted nature.
(b) She appreciates the joy they bring to the world.
(c) She is very clumsy and doesn't know how they do their acts.
(d) She thinks they are creative.
3. With whom does Rita travel to the ceremony?
(a) The government party.
(b) Her hosts.
(c) A famous author.
(d) Her daughter .
4. Why doesn't the captain want to go to Tower Island?
(a) He is worried about distressing the native animals.
(b) The water is too rough.
(c) He is scared of the animals.
(d) It's too far, too flat, and impossible to find in fog without radar.
5. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
(a) The part of the ceremony where they salute each other with speeches.
(b) The part of the ceremony where they dance.
(c) The part of the ceremony where they kill the cow.
(d) The part of the ceremony where they get drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last great task Rita accomplishes before leaving the village?
2. How many days pass before the women in the village (aside from Margarita) begin to talk with Rita?
3. Who teaches Rita Indonesian?
4. How does Rita feel after she leaves Nicaragua?
5. How do the men treat Rita?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Rita connected to the military when she visits the Galapagos?
2. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
3. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
4. What kind of lifestyle does Rita have when she gets back to New York?
5. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
6. Why does Rita move to Vancouver?
7. How does Rita prepare for her time in Irian Jaya?
8. How does Rita feel when she decides to go on a vacation to Thailand?
9. How does Rita end up as a hitchhiker on a 20-person luxury cruise ship?
10. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)