|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rita realize while she is touring the museums in Mexico City?
(a) She has no friends.
(b) She misses her husband.
(c) She has no concept of safety.
(d) She is completely free to do whatever she wants.
2. How does Rita feel after she leaves Nicaragua?
3. How do the women in the village treat Rita on her first day?
(a) They run up to embrace her.
(b) They run away.
(c) They completely ignore her.
(d) They shyly greet her.
4. Why can't women sing during the service?
(a) Their voices are too shrill.
(b) They don't really know the correct pronunciations.
(c) Their voices might tempt and distract the men.
(d) They are too noisy.
5. What organization helps the families in the village with education?
(a) Christian Children's Foundation.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) World Hope.
(d) The Peace Corps.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Rita feel very connected with the women in the village?
2. What does Rita do without her first night in the hotel?
3. The school makes arrangements for Rita to stay where?
4. Who visits Rita while she is in Galapagos?
5. What do the children ask Rita to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
2. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
3. What sort of reception does Rita get when she stays in the Zapotec village?
4. What is the Traveler's Network like?
5. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
6. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
7. How does Rita end up as a hitchhiker on a 20-person luxury cruise ship?
8. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
9. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
10. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)