|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rita realize while she is touring the museums in Mexico City?
(a) She misses her husband.
(b) She has no friends.
(c) She is completely free to do whatever she wants.
(d) She has no concept of safety.
2. How does Rita feel as she goes down the street in San Salvador?
3. What is the first thing Rita does when she arrives at her house in Israel?
(a) She takes a nap.
(b) She enjoys a delicious meal.
(c) She goes swimming with her host.
(d) She prays.
4. What happens to the cruise trip they plan?
(a) The ship is disabled due to rough waters.
(b) The tour is canceled.
(c) The captain abandons the ship.
(d) They are upgraded unexpectedly.
5. Who does Rita imagine she sees when looking out over the plaza toward the Temple of the Inscriptions?
(a) Her traveling partners.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rita's life like with her husband?
2. Why do they leave the restaurant?
3. Rita loses her position because the boss thinks what?
4. What discovery makes Rita's traveling easier and more affordable?
5. How does Rita get to the Zapotec village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Rita connected to the military when she visits the Galapagos?
2. What is the Traveler's Network like?
3. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
4. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
5. How does Servas work?
6. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
7. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
8. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
9. What sort of reception does Rita get when she stays in the Zapotec village?
10. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)