|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days pass before the women in the village (aside from Margarita) begin to talk with Rita?
2. What community does Rita want to learn more about in Chapter 4?
(a) The street children .
(b) The ex-pat community.
(c) The religious community.
(d) The elderly.
3. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
(a) The part of the ceremony where they get drunk.
(b) The part of the ceremony where they salute each other with speeches.
(c) The part of the ceremony where they dance.
(d) The part of the ceremony where they kill the cow.
4. What does Rita observe about the female frigatebirds?
(a) They are awkward and clumsy.
(b) They are beautiful.
(c) They have beautiful voices.
(d) They are never satisfied as far as she can see.
5. Who does Rita imagine she sees when looking out over the plaza toward the Temple of the Inscriptions?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her children.
(d) Her traveling partners.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Rita travel to the ceremony?
2. How do the women in the village treat Rita on her first day?
3. Who greets Rita at the airport when she arrives home?
4. What does Rita inadvertently do to her landlady?
5. Who leads the group to Tower Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
2. How does Rita feel about cooking with the women?
3. Why does Rita decide to travel, and why does she go alone?
4. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
5. How does Servas work?
6. What does Rita feel about living in Guatemala?
7. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
8. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
9. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
10. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)