|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rita feel as she goes down the street in San Salvador?
2. With whom does Rita eat on her second night in Mexico City?
(a) Two strange men from England.
(b) A teacher from the Spanish school.
(c) A travel agent.
(d) A woman she meets while in the museum.
3. What does Rita say her profession is?
(b) She is unemployed.
(c) Writer of children's books.
4. What group does Rita join when she travels to Israel?
(a) The Peace Corps.
(b) Amnesty International.
(c) The Travelers Network.
5. Who visits Rita while she is in Galapagos?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her best friend from Los Angeles.
(d) Her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Rita feel very connected with the women in the village?
2. Why does Rita have to go to Quibuto after 10 in the morning?
3. What is Rita's life like with her husband?
4. Who accompanies them into Nicaragua?
5. What does Zahava want Rita to experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
2. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
3. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
4. What is Juanita's connection to California?
5. What sort of reception does Rita get when she stays in the Zapotec village?
6. Why does Rita decide to travel, and why does she go alone?
7. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
8. How do the Indonesians feel about their elderly?
9. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
10. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)