|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days pass before the women in the village (aside from Margarita) begin to talk with Rita?
2. What is the topography of the village?
(a) It's almost vertical.
(b) It's in a valley.
(c) It's on a plateau.
(d) It is on rolling land.
3. What does Rita learn how to make at Mama's?
(b) Rice cakes.
4. With whom does Rita eat on her second night in Mexico City?
(a) A teacher from the Spanish school.
(b) A travel agent.
(c) A woman she meets while in the museum.
(d) Two strange men from England.
5. What group does Rita join when she travels to Israel?
(a) The Travelers Network.
(c) The Peace Corps.
(d) Amnesty International.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Rita get when she asks about life in El Salvador?
2. Brigitte wants Rita to do what?
3. Rita goes to the Mayor to obtain permission to go where?
4. What does Rita do without her first night in the hotel?
5. How do the women in the village treat Rita on her first day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
2. How does Rita get along with the security guard?
3. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
4. Why does Rita decide to travel, and why does she go alone?
5. How does Rita end up as a hitchhiker on a 20-person luxury cruise ship?
6. What is the political situation like in Nicaragua?
7. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
8. What is Juanita's connection to California?
9. How are women treated in the communities Rita visits in Israel?
10. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)