|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the captain want to go to Tower Island?
(a) He is worried about distressing the native animals.
(b) He is scared of the animals.
(c) The water is too rough.
(d) It's too far, too flat, and impossible to find in fog without radar.
2. Who leads the group to Tower Island?
(a) The captain.
(b) A friend Rita had met on a previous trip.
(c) Rita's daughter.
3. Now that she is truly free, where does Rita decide to travel in Chapter 4?
(b) The Galapagos.
(c) Mexico City.
4. What does Rita do in the waterfalls?
(a) She showers.
(b) She swims without clothes.
(c) She sings.
(d) She finds beautiful rocks.
5. What does Rita realize while she is touring the museums in Mexico City?
(a) She misses her husband.
(b) She has no concept of safety.
(c) She has no friends.
(d) She is completely free to do whatever she wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last great task Rita accomplishes before leaving the village?
2. How does Rita get to the Zapotec village?
3. How does Rita feel as a woman in the super-Orthodox world?
4. What organization helps the families in the village with education?
5. What happens to Rita's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
2. How does Rita feel about going home?
3. How does Rita feel about spirituality?
4. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
5. Why is Rita interested in visiting Israel?
6. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
7. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
8. What happens to the book Rita writes about the orangutan experience?
9. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
10. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)