|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Rita feel very connected with the women in the village?
(a) When they are cooking together.
(b) When they are out getting firewood together.
(c) When they dance together.
(d) When they are working in the fields together.
2. Who leads the group to Tower Island?
(a) A friend Rita had met on a previous trip.
(c) The captain.
(d) Rita's daughter.
3. What happens to the cruise trip they plan?
(a) The captain abandons the ship.
(b) The tour is canceled.
(c) They are upgraded unexpectedly.
(d) The ship is disabled due to rough waters.
4. The school makes arrangements for Rita to stay where?
(a) She stays in a dorm.
(b) She stays with an elderly couple.
(c) She stays with a young couple and their baby.
(d) She stays in a bed and breakfast.
5. About what has Rita always dreamed?
(a) Owning nothing but the stuff she could carry on her back.
(b) Having a luxurious lifestyle.
(c) Having enough wealth to share with others.
(d) Staying home with her husband and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Rita when her wallet is stolen?
2. How does Rita feel after she leaves Nicaragua?
3. How do the women in the village treat Rita on her first day?
4. On what do they tour the islands?
5. Of what is the author afraid at the beginning of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are women treated in the communities Rita visits in Israel?
2. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
3. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
4. How does Rita end up as a hitchhiker on a 20-person luxury cruise ship?
5. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
6. How does Rita feel about going home?
7. What does Rita feel about living in Guatemala?
8. What sort of reception does Rita get when she stays in the Zapotec village?
9. What is the Traveler's Network like?
10. How do the Indonesians feel about their elderly?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)