|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The school makes arrangements for Rita to stay where?
(a) She stays in a bed and breakfast.
(b) She stays with an elderly couple.
(c) She stays with a young couple and their baby.
(d) She stays in a dorm.
2. Where does the family picnic when they go to the beach?
(a) In a park.
(b) On a sidewalk.
(c) On an island.
(d) On a bluff.
3. What does Rita observe about the Nicaraguans she meets over the eight months that she is there?
(a) They have an air of pride and confidence.
(b) They are very reserved.
(c) They act beaten and oppressed.
(d) They are very skittish.
4. What does Rita learn how to make at Mama's?
(a) Rice cakes.
5. Why does Rita have to go to Quibuto after 10 in the morning?
(a) There is too much traffic earlier.
(b) They need to clear the mines in the road that have been planted overnight.
(c) The people in the town like to sleep in late.
(d) Rita like to sleep in late.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Rita want to stay in the Zapotec village?
2. What does Rita say her profession is?
3. What is the topography of the village?
4. Felipe teaches Rita how to negotiate what?
5. What does Rita feel as if she stepped into when she visits the Druse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rita feel when she decides to go on a vacation to Thailand?
2. What is Rita's financial situation like when she goes back to Bali?
3. How does Rita feel about the hierarchy of the island?
4. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
5. Describe the treasures that Tu Aji's ancestors found in the cave.
6. What is a linguistic problem that Rita faces in Thailand, and how does she overcome it?
7. What is Juanita's connection to California?
8. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
9. What are the songs at the Maori concert about?
10. How does Rita get along with the security guard?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)