|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rita do for her 49th birthday?
(a) She invites Maria and her family over for a grand birthday party with cake and candles and ice cream.
(b) She calls her family in the US.
(c) She invites Maria and her family over for a party, but keeps her birthday a secret.
(d) She goes shopping.
2. Felipe teaches Rita how to negotiate what?
3. Of what is the author afraid at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(c) Meeting people.
4. Where does Rita go on her first full day in Mexico City?
(a) She goes on a formal tour.
(b) She goes to a fast food restaurant.
(c) She visits some historic churches.
(d) She goes to the market.
5. What do the children ask Rita to do?
(a) Teach them a math lesson.
(b) Give them money.
(c) Give them candy.
(d) Read them her book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the family picnic when they go to the beach?
2. What is Rita's life like with her husband?
3. When does Rita feel very connected with the women in the village?
4. How does Rita feel after she leaves Nicaragua?
5. With whom does Rita eat on her second night in Mexico City?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Traveler's Network like?
2. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
3. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
4. What does Rita think of the Mayan city?
5. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
6. What sort of reception does Rita get when she stays in the Zapotec village?
7. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
8. How does Servas work?
9. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
10. How does Rita celebrate her birthday in Guatemala?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)