|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Rita eat on her second night in Mexico City?
(a) A woman she meets while in the museum.
(b) A travel agent.
(c) Two strange men from England.
(d) A teacher from the Spanish school.
2. What do the children ask Rita to do?
(a) Give them candy.
(b) Give them money.
(c) Read them her book.
(d) Teach them a math lesson.
3. What does Rita feel as if she is running towards?
4. What does Rita realize while she is touring the museums in Mexico City?
(a) She is completely free to do whatever she wants.
(b) She misses her husband.
(c) She has no friends.
(d) She has no concept of safety.
5. What is the first thing Rita does when she arrives at her house in Israel?
(a) She goes swimming with her host.
(b) She prays.
(c) She takes a nap.
(d) She enjoys a delicious meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita do in the waterfalls?
2. What does Rita learn how to make at Mama's?
3. Who accompanies them into Nicaragua?
4. Rita loses her position because the boss thinks what?
5. Brigitte wants Rita to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would be the benefits of having a telephone in Kerambitan?
2. How does Rita feel when she decides to go on a vacation to Thailand?
3. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
4. What happens to the orangutans that are pets?
5. Why does the group travel so far to visit the villagers who live in the trees?
6. What is the economic climate like in Bali?
7. What news does Rita get when she is living in Seattle that makes her decide to go back to Bali?
8. What is Rita's experience like when she goes to Quibuto?
9. What is Tu Man's relationship with Jan?
10. How does Rita feel about communal cooking in Thailand?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)