|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What community does Rita want to learn more about in Chapter 4?
(a) The ex-pat community.
(b) The religious community.
(c) The elderly.
(d) The street children .
2. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
(a) The part of the ceremony where they dance.
(b) The part of the ceremony where they kill the cow.
(c) The part of the ceremony where they salute each other with speeches.
(d) The part of the ceremony where they get drunk.
3. What group does Rita join when she travels to Israel?
(a) The Peace Corps.
(c) The Travelers Network.
(d) Amnesty International.
4. Where does Rita get the idea to go to Indonesia?
(a) After meeting an Indonesian.
(b) After reading a book.
(c) After blindly settling her finger on a map.
(d) At her high school reunion.
5. What does Rita learn how to make at Mama's?
(a) Rice cakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rita feel about her Jewish background?
2. What do Rita and her husband decide to do?
3. On what do they tour the islands?
4. What makes Ruth decide to have Rita as a guest?
5. What does Rita experience at the campgrounds after visiting the Temple of the Inscriptions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rita discover about her lifestyle when she goes to her high school reunion?
2. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
3. What sort of reception does Rita get when she stays in the Zapotec village?
4. What is the Traveler's Network like?
5. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
6. How do the Indonesians feel about their elderly?
7. How is Rita connected to the military when she visits the Galapagos?
8. How does Rita feel about her life after traveling on her own for three years?
9. Why does Rita decide to go to Indonesia?
10. What does Rita feel about living in Guatemala?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)