|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after they take Tu Nini to the healer?
(a) She is instantly healed.
(b) She slowly begins to get better.
(c) She becomes sicker at first, then heals miraculously.
(d) She dies the next day.
2. How long does Rita stay in Bali?
(a) One year.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Eight years.
3. Where does Rita live in Seattle?
(a) In an apartment overlooking a lake.
(b) With her son.
(c) In a house she buys.
(d) With her daughter.
4. What impact does Han's wound have on the group?
(a) They feel horrible for him.
(b) It is infected so they have to stop their travels immediately.
(c) They don't care what happens to him.
(d) It keeps them up all night, caring for it.
5. Where does Rita go with Dr. Galdikas?
(a) The swamp.
(b) To study slugs.
(c) They stay at the Blue Kecubung together.
(d) The orangutan camp.
6. What is the treasure Tu Aji's ancestors found in the caves?
7. How does Rita feel after her Irian Jaya experience?
(b) She is now physically and mentally in shape.
(c) Physically drained, and she discovers that she prefers traveling alone.
(d) She has discovered that she loves group travel.
8. Who flies Rita to the next village visit?
(a) A missionary.
(b) A friend of one of her fellow travelers.
(c) A local with a rudimentary license.
(d) A retired naval officer.
9. What do three men throw into the water?
(c) Animal sacrifices.
10. What job does Rita do while living in Dayu Raka's house?
(a) She drives the car for the family.
(b) She translates for the museum.
(c) She teaches children daily.
(d) She is a fill-in nurse.
11. What does Tu Nini do before she dies?
(a) She cleans the house.
(b) She writes a letter.
(c) She calls all her closest friends and relatives in to say goodbye.
(d) She asks for permission to die.
12. How do Rita's children react to her living near them?
(a) They smother her with their nurturing.
(b) They resent her intrusion in their lives.
(c) They stop in if she begs them to do so.
(d) They visit her frequently and ask her to move closer to them.
13. Why is Rita concerned about her mother?
(a) Her mother has fallen and broken her hip.
(b) Her mother's Parkinson's is getting worse.
(c) Her mother is depressed after the death of her husband.
(d) Her mother has Alzheimer's.
14. Why is the child scared of Rita?
(a) Her voice is too loud.
(b) Her actions are too abrupt.
(c) She tells strange stories.
(d) She looks different from anyone he has ever encountered.
15. Why are the missionaries in Irian Jaya?
(a) They want to feed the villagers.
(b) They want to give the people religion in their own tribal language.
(c) They like to travel.
(d) They want to educate the villagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rita attends what type of ceremony?
2. How does Rita feel after she goes back to Bali?
3. How does Rita furnish her home in Seattle?
4. Why does Rita climb the mountains?
5. What new item does Rita discover when she gets back to Kerambitan?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)