Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much interaction does Rita have with Dr. Galdikas?
(a) They eat together daily.
(b) They are inseparable.
(c) They meet daily several times.
(d) They have little to no interaction.
2. What concerns Rita about the children in the mountain villages?
(a) They are sassy.
(b) They are nutritionally deficient.
(c) They run too free.
(d) They have no business sense.
3. What does Tu Nini do before she dies?
(a) She asks for permission to die.
(b) She cleans the house.
(c) She calls all her closest friends and relatives in to say goodbye.
(d) She writes a letter.
4. What does Rita feel about the animals after tracking them for a day?
(a) She is amazed by their intelligence.
(b) She is in awe.
(c) She is disgusted with their habits.
(d) She doesn't understand why people spend time studying them.
5. Why does the group travel through swamps and trees?
(a) They like the adventure.
(b) It's good exercise.
(c) Someone from the area has called for them.
(d) Rita wants to go somewhere the missionaries haven't gone.
6. How does the king treat the woman who gives him the message from the spirits?
(a) He has her honored for bringing such good news.
(b) He has her whipped.
(c) He treats her normally. It isn't she who gives the message, she is just the vessel through whom the spirits speak.
(d) He has her killed.
7. Why is Rita concerned about her mother?
(a) Her mother is depressed after the death of her husband.
(b) Her mother's Parkinson's is getting worse.
(c) Her mother has Alzheimer's.
(d) Her mother has fallen and broken her hip.
8. How do Rita and her companions reach through the cultural barrier?
(a) With music.
(b) By helping with the cooking.
(c) By offering expensive gifts.
(d) Through language lessons.
9. What does the telegram Rita receives tell her?
(a) The villagers are holding a celebration in her honor.
(b) Tu Aji has died.
(c) There is a disease in the village.
(d) Her book has made the NY Times bestseller list.
10. Why does Rita leave Bali to go the United States?
(a) She doesn't want to be reminded of Tu Nini.
(b) She is tired of Bali.
(c) To check on her mother.
(d) She wants to get an apartment.
11. To what does Rita attribute her desire to leave Bali?
(a) The people are beginning to bother her.
(b) She wants to get away from all the palace gossip.
(c) Her prince is gone.
(d) The women are mean to her.
12. What new item does Rita discover when she gets back to Kerambitan?
(d) Grocery stores.
13. Why is Rita concerned about her trek?
(a) She is very out of shape.
(b) Her companions make her nervous.
(c) She isn't comfortable with the guide.
(d) She doesn't like new experiences.
14. How does Rita furnish her home in Seattle?
(a) She goes on a shopping spree on President's Day weekend.
(b) With furniture her children discard.
(c) With furnishings from Goodwill.
(d) She decides to live without furnishings.
15. What does Rita realize when she goes to pay for her store purchases?
(a) She still has money from Bali.
(b) They should have charged her more.
(c) Prices are extremely high.
(d) She has left her wallet at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tool changes Rita's connection to her family?
2. What is the situation at the airport?
3. What do three men throw into the water?
4. Why do Rita's guests prepare a special dinner?
5. How does Rita feel after she goes back to Bali?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)