|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rita help the wives?
(a) She watches the children.
(b) She helps with gardening.
(c) She teaches them English.
(d) She shops for them.
2. What does Rita realize when she goes to pay for her store purchases?
(a) She has left her wallet at home.
(b) She still has money from Bali.
(c) They should have charged her more.
(d) Prices are extremely high.
3. About what is the old woman on the bus ranting?
(a) She thinks the other riders are rude.
(b) She hates commercialism.
(c) She thinkgs the transportation system is abysmal.
(d) She doesn't have money for medicine.
4. How do Rita's children react to her living near them?
(a) They stop in if she begs them to do so.
(b) They smother her with their nurturing.
(c) They resent her intrusion in their lives.
(d) They visit her frequently and ask her to move closer to them.
5. What bothers Rita when she thinks of dying in Bali?
(a) She doesn't want to be buried without a tombstone.
(b) She doesn't want to die so far from her home.
(c) She doesn't want to be cremated.
(d) She doesn't want the villagers peering at her naked corpse.
6. What does Rita feel about the animals after tracking them for a day?
(a) She is amazed by their intelligence.
(b) She is in awe.
(c) She doesn't understand why people spend time studying them.
(d) She is disgusted with their habits.
7. With whom does Rita stay when she arrives in Bali?
(a) The owner of a bed and breakfast.
(b) A prince.
(c) A friend of her son.
(d) A friend she had met in previous travels.
8. How long does Jan stay when she comes to Bali?
(a) A year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four months.
9. Where does Rita go with Dr. Galdikas?
(a) The swamp.
(b) To study slugs.
(c) The orangutan camp.
(d) They stay at the Blue Kecubung together.
10. Why is Rita concerned about her mother?
(a) Her mother has fallen and broken her hip.
(b) Her mother has Alzheimer's.
(c) Her mother is depressed after the death of her husband.
(d) Her mother's Parkinson's is getting worse.
11. What is Rita's favorite thing to do in Vancouver?
(a) She loves fishing.
(b) She loves working in her garden.
(c) She loves going to the market.
(d) She loves hiking.
12. What hobby does Rita pick up while living in Seattle?
(a) Stamp collecting.
13. What job does Rita do while living in Dayu Raka's house?
(a) She is a fill-in nurse.
(b) She teaches children daily.
(c) She drives the car for the family.
(d) She translates for the museum.
14. How does Rita feel after the ceremony?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) It feels natural to celebrate the spirit moving on.
(c) She is horrified that this might happen to her.
(d) She much prefers the burials back home.
15. What is Rita's relationship with Tu Aji?
(a) There is outright animosity between them.
(b) They are polite but distant to each other.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) They become very close friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tu Nini do before she dies?
2. Why is Rita concerned about her trek?
3. How does Dr. Galdikas treat the animals?
4. What does Rita think of sago, the main food staple of the tree village?
5. How does Rita feel after she goes back to Bali?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)