|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Rita attribute her desire to leave Bali?
(a) The people are beginning to bother her.
(b) She wants to get away from all the palace gossip.
(c) Her prince is gone.
(d) The women are mean to her.
2. Why is Rita concerned about her mother?
(a) Her mother has fallen and broken her hip.
(b) Her mother is depressed after the death of her husband.
(c) Her mother has Alzheimer's.
(d) Her mother's Parkinson's is getting worse.
3. What impact does Han's wound have on the group?
(a) It is infected so they have to stop their travels immediately.
(b) It keeps them up all night, caring for it.
(c) They feel horrible for him.
(d) They don't care what happens to him.
4. What does Rita feel about the animals after tracking them for a day?
(a) She is disgusted with their habits.
(b) She is in awe.
(c) She is amazed by their intelligence.
(d) She doesn't understand why people spend time studying them.
5. What concerns Rita about the children in the mountain villages?
(a) They run too free.
(b) They are nutritionally deficient.
(c) They are sassy.
(d) They have no business sense.
6. Why does the family think Tu Nini is dying?
(a) She has eaten contaminated food.
(b) She is old.
(c) She is starving herself.
(d) Black magic.
7. Who flies Rita to the next village visit?
(a) A friend of one of her fellow travelers.
(b) A missionary.
(c) A local with a rudimentary license.
(d) A retired naval officer.
8. What is Rita's relationship with Tu Aji?
(a) They are polite but distant to each other.
(b) There is outright animosity between them.
(c) They become very close friends.
(d) They are lovers.
9. What happens after they take Tu Nini to the healer?
(a) She dies the next day.
(b) She slowly begins to get better.
(c) She is instantly healed.
(d) She becomes sicker at first, then heals miraculously.
10. What are Rita's neighbors in Vancouver like?
(a) They are overbearing.
(b) They are cantankerous.
(c) They are very welcoming and generous.
(d) They stay to themselves.
11. Why does the group travel through swamps and trees?
(a) They like the adventure.
(b) Rita wants to go somewhere the missionaries haven't gone.
(c) It's good exercise.
(d) Someone from the area has called for them.
12. What tool changes Rita's connection to her family?
(a) The family starts visiting her more.
(b) She gets Internet access.
(c) They use instant cameras to share candid images.
(d) She can telegraph the family.
13. What does Rita think about her house in Vancouver?
(a) She loves it, and she is quickly ready to entertain.
(b) She decides she'd rather live in an apartment.
(c) She can't wait to leave it.
(d) It will do for the time being. It's better than nothing.
14. How does Rita feel about her traveling with the tour?
(a) She loves the information that comes with the tours.
(b) She loves the time spent with the natives.
(c) She appreciates the in-depth knowledge they get of the villagers.
(d) She thinks they move through the villages too quickly.
15. What is a highlight of Rita's visit with Dr. Galdika?
(a) A boat ride and walk with Dr. Galdika's husband.
(b) Feeding the animals.
(c) Writing in the jungle.
(d) Writing in the marsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing from Rita's life after she returns to Bali?
2. What happens to the book Rita writes about her experience?
3. Why is the child scared of Rita?
4. Where does Rita go with Dr. Galdikas?
5. How does Dr. Galdikas treat the animals?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)