|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rita leave Bali to go the United States?
(a) She is tired of Bali.
(b) She wants to get an apartment.
(c) She doesn't want to be reminded of Tu Nini.
(d) To check on her mother.
2. What does Rita realize when she goes to pay for her store purchases?
(a) She still has money from Bali.
(b) She has left her wallet at home.
(c) Prices are extremely high.
(d) They should have charged her more.
3. What does Rita feel about the animals after tracking them for a day?
(a) She is amazed by their intelligence.
(b) She is in awe.
(c) She doesn't understand why people spend time studying them.
(d) She is disgusted with their habits.
4. What kind of house does Dayu Raka have ready for Rita?
(a) A hut.
(b) A very beautiful, luxurious one.
(c) A clean yet spartan house.
(d) She has a room adjacent to the family home.
5. Why does the group travel through swamps and trees?
(a) Someone from the area has called for them.
(b) Rita wants to go somewhere the missionaries haven't gone.
(c) They like the adventure.
(d) It's good exercise.
6. Why are the missionaries in Irian Jaya?
(a) They want to educate the villagers.
(b) They want to feed the villagers.
(c) They like to travel.
(d) They want to give the people religion in their own tribal language.
7. How does Rita feel after her Irian Jaya experience?
(a) She is now physically and mentally in shape.
(b) Physically drained, and she discovers that she prefers traveling alone.
(d) She has discovered that she loves group travel.
8. Irian Jaya is the western half of what?
(b) New Guinea.
9. How does Rita furnish her home in Seattle?
(a) With furnishings from Goodwill.
(b) With furniture her children discard.
(c) She decides to live without furnishings.
(d) She goes on a shopping spree on President's Day weekend.
10. What miracle happens to Rita?
(a) She is healed after a sudden illness.
(b) She has a vision for the future of the tribe.
(c) The clouds lift so her flight can leave.
(d) She is able to get food to the children.
11. Bali is noted for all the following except what?
12. What is Dr. Galdikas rule regarding the forest?
(a) No talking.
(b) No photographs.
(c) No taking samples.
(d) No plant-cutting.
13. How do Rita's children react to her living near them?
(a) They smother her with their nurturing.
(b) They resent her intrusion in their lives.
(c) They visit her frequently and ask her to move closer to them.
(d) They stop in if she begs them to do so.
14. Where does Rita plan to travel after Bali?
(a) She is going to trek in the mountains of Irian Jaya.
(b) She is going to travel through the western United States.
(c) She is going to travel through the eastern United States.
(d) She is going to Europe.
15. What is missing from Rita's life after she returns to Bali?
(c) Good food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the book Rita writes about her experience?
2. What concerns Rita about the children in the mountain villages?
3. Of what does Rita accidentally become a part when she visits Budi?
4. Why do Rita's guests prepare a special dinner?
5. About what is the old woman on the bus ranting?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)