|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the group travel through swamps and trees?
(a) They like the adventure.
(b) It's good exercise.
(c) Rita wants to go somewhere the missionaries haven't gone.
(d) Someone from the area has called for them.
2. Why does Rita climb the mountains?
(a) She wants to prove that she can.
(b) She wants to see the country from a high point.
(c) She wants to meet the people who live in the mountains.
(d) She loves exercising.
3. What incredible gift does Rita discover Nyoman has?
(a) He's an incredible sculptor.
(b) He is very good with animals.
(c) He has a real gift for language.
(d) He's a terrific chef.
4. What stops Rita from staying in one of the village houses?
(a) The inhabitants scare her away.
(b) She doesn't like the atmosphere in the village.
(c) She would have to climb up a tree.
(d) The people are very ill.
5. Where does Rita plan to travel after Bali?
(a) She is going to Europe.
(b) She is going to travel through the western United States.
(c) She is going to trek in the mountains of Irian Jaya.
(d) She is going to travel through the eastern United States.
6. What does Rita feel about the animals after tracking them for a day?
(a) She is disgusted with their habits.
(b) She doesn't understand why people spend time studying them.
(c) She is in awe.
(d) She is amazed by their intelligence.
7. How does Tu Aji feel about death?
(a) He is ready to face the next world.
(b) He is afraid of death.
(c) He wants more time on earth.
(d) He resents the fact that he must someday die.
8. With whom does Rita stay when she arrives in Bali?
(a) The owner of a bed and breakfast.
(b) A friend she had met in previous travels.
(c) A friend of her son.
(d) A prince.
9. How does Rita feel after the ceremony?
(a) It feels natural to celebrate the spirit moving on.
(b) She much prefers the burials back home.
(c) She is horrified that this might happen to her.
(d) She is disgusted.
10. What is Dr. Galdikas rule regarding the forest?
(a) No taking samples.
(b) No talking.
(c) No plant-cutting.
(d) No photographs.
11. What does Rita want to do when she leaves Bali in 1997?
(a) She wants to be near her children in Seattle.
(b) She wants to go back to Israel.
(c) She wants to stop traveling and live in the United States.
(d) She wants to be near her children in New York.
12. Where does Rita go with Dr. Galdikas?
(a) To study slugs.
(b) The orangutan camp.
(c) They stay at the Blue Kecubung together.
(d) The swamp.
13. Why is the child scared of Rita?
(a) She looks different from anyone he has ever encountered.
(b) She tells strange stories.
(c) Her voice is too loud.
(d) Her actions are too abrupt.
14. What does Rita think about Hans?
(a) She thinks they can become good friends over time.
(b) She dislikes him immediately.
(c) They become immediate friends.
(d) She distrusts him.
15. What is missing from Rita's life after she returns to Bali?
(a) Good food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the spirits tell the king?
2. Where does Rita live in Seattle?
3. What is Dr. Galdikas like?
4. How does the king treat the woman who gives him the message from the spirits?
5. Why are the missionaries in Irian Jaya?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)