|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the spirits tell the king?
(a) He is going to die soon.
(b) He is too autocratic.
(c) He is doing a wonderful job ruling.
(d) He is not fulfilling his responsibilities to the family.
2. What hobby does Rita pick up while living in Seattle?
(a) Stamp collecting.
3. What tool changes Rita's connection to her family?
(a) They use instant cameras to share candid images.
(b) She can telegraph the family.
(c) The family starts visiting her more.
(d) She gets Internet access.
4. How does Rita feel after the ceremony?
(a) It feels natural to celebrate the spirit moving on.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is horrified that this might happen to her.
(d) She much prefers the burials back home.
5. What happens after they take Tu Nini to the healer?
(a) She becomes sicker at first, then heals miraculously.
(b) She slowly begins to get better.
(c) She dies the next day.
(d) She is instantly healed.
6. What do three men throw into the water?
(d) Animal sacrifices.
7. How long does Jan stay when she comes to Bali?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A year.
(d) Four months.
8. What does the telegram Rita receives tell her?
(a) There is a disease in the village.
(b) The villagers are holding a celebration in her honor.
(c) Her book has made the NY Times bestseller list.
(d) Tu Aji has died.
9. How much interaction does Rita have with Dr. Galdikas?
(a) They have little to no interaction.
(b) They eat together daily.
(c) They are inseparable.
(d) They meet daily several times.
10. What does Rita have to watch out for when she bathes?
(a) Parasitic worms.
(b) Mud slides.
11. Why is the child scared of Rita?
(a) Her actions are too abrupt.
(b) She looks different from anyone he has ever encountered.
(c) Her voice is too loud.
(d) She tells strange stories.
12. Of what does Rita accidentally become a part when she visits Budi?
(a) A parade.
(b) A religious ritual.
(c) A birthday celebration.
(d) A swim lesson.
13. How does Rita furnish her home in Seattle?
(a) She decides to live without furnishings.
(b) She goes on a shopping spree on President's Day weekend.
(c) With furniture her children discard.
(d) With furnishings from Goodwill.
14. What do Jan and Rita think about spirits after their experience?
(a) They think spirits are bogus.
(b) They scoff at the idea of spirits.
(c) They are fearful of spirits.
(d) They believe in spirits.
15. Why are the missionaries in Irian Jaya?
(a) They want to feed the villagers.
(b) They want to educate the villagers.
(c) They like to travel.
(d) They want to give the people religion in their own tribal language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita think about Hans?
2. How does Tu Aji feel about death?
3. How does Rita feel about her traveling with the tour?
4. Where does Rita go with Dr. Galdikas?
5. Why does the group travel through swamps and trees?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)