|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the telegram Rita receives tell her?
(a) Her book has made the NY Times bestseller list.
(b) There is a disease in the village.
(c) The villagers are holding a celebration in her honor.
(d) Tu Aji has died.
2. How does Dr. Galdikas treat the animals?
(a) She is abrupt with them.
(b) Sweetly as if they are her babies.
(c) She doesn't interact with them at all. She just observes them.
(d) She is rough with them in Rita's opinion.
3. How does Rita feel about her traveling with the tour?
(a) She loves the information that comes with the tours.
(b) She loves the time spent with the natives.
(c) She appreciates the in-depth knowledge they get of the villagers.
(d) She thinks they move through the villages too quickly.
4. Rita attends what type of ceremony?
5. Bali is noted for all the following except what?
6. Why is Rita concerned about her trek?
(a) Her companions make her nervous.
(b) She is very out of shape.
(c) She isn't comfortable with the guide.
(d) She doesn't like new experiences.
7. Who dies shortly after Tu Nini?
(a) The king.
(b) Tu Biang.
(d) Rita's dad.
8. How does the king treat the woman who gives him the message from the spirits?
(a) He has her whipped.
(b) He has her killed.
(c) He treats her normally. It isn't she who gives the message, she is just the vessel through whom the spirits speak.
(d) He has her honored for bringing such good news.
9. What job does Rita do while living in Dayu Raka's house?
(a) She teaches children daily.
(b) She translates for the museum.
(c) She drives the car for the family.
(d) She is a fill-in nurse.
10. What does Rita have to watch out for when she bathes?
(a) Parasitic worms.
(b) Mud slides.
11. What is Dr. Galdikas rule regarding the forest?
(a) No taking samples.
(b) No plant-cutting.
(c) No photographs.
(d) No talking.
12. How does Rita furnish her home in Seattle?
(a) She decides to live without furnishings.
(b) With furnishings from Goodwill.
(c) She goes on a shopping spree on President's Day weekend.
(d) With furniture her children discard.
13. What does Rita want to do when she leaves Bali in 1997?
(a) She wants to be near her children in New York.
(b) She wants to be near her children in Seattle.
(c) She wants to stop traveling and live in the United States.
(d) She wants to go back to Israel.
14. How long does Jan stay when she comes to Bali?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four months.
15. What hobby does Rita pick up while living in Seattle?
(b) Stamp collecting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who flies Rita to the next village visit?
2. What miracle happens to Rita?
3. How do Rita's children react to her living near them?
4. Why is Rita concerned about her mother?
5. Who does Tu Man want to marry?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)