|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rita concerned about her trek?
(a) She doesn't like new experiences.
(b) She is very out of shape.
(c) She isn't comfortable with the guide.
(d) Her companions make her nervous.
2. What stops Rita from staying in one of the village houses?
(a) She would have to climb up a tree.
(b) The people are very ill.
(c) The inhabitants scare her away.
(d) She doesn't like the atmosphere in the village.
3. Who does Tu Man want to marry?
(c) His cousin.
(d) A neighbor.
4. How does Rita help the wives?
(a) She watches the children.
(b) She teaches them English.
(c) She helps with gardening.
(d) She shops for them.
5. What is missing from Rita's life after she returns to Bali?
(a) Good food.
6. What is a highlight of Rita's visit with Dr. Galdika?
(a) Feeding the animals.
(b) Writing in the jungle.
(c) A boat ride and walk with Dr. Galdika's husband.
(d) Writing in the marsh.
7. Why does the family think Tu Nini is dying?
(a) Black magic.
(b) She is starving herself.
(c) She has eaten contaminated food.
(d) She is old.
8. What does Rita think about Hans?
(a) She thinks they can become good friends over time.
(b) She dislikes him immediately.
(c) They become immediate friends.
(d) She distrusts him.
9. What does Rita feel about the animals after tracking them for a day?
(a) She is amazed by their intelligence.
(b) She is disgusted with their habits.
(c) She is in awe.
(d) She doesn't understand why people spend time studying them.
10. How long does Rita stay in Bali?
(a) Eight months.
(b) One year.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Eight days.
11. Why is Rita concerned about her mother?
(a) Her mother's Parkinson's is getting worse.
(b) Her mother has Alzheimer's.
(c) Her mother has fallen and broken her hip.
(d) Her mother is depressed after the death of her husband.
12. What do three men throw into the water?
(b) Animal sacrifices.
13. With whom does Rita stay when she arrives in Bali?
(a) A prince.
(b) The owner of a bed and breakfast.
(c) A friend she had met in previous travels.
(d) A friend of her son.
14. Of what does Rita accidentally become a part when she visits Budi?
(a) A birthday celebration.
(b) A religious ritual.
(c) A parade.
(d) A swim lesson.
15. What is Dr. Galdikas rule regarding the forest?
(a) No photographs.
(b) No taking samples.
(c) No talking.
(d) No plant-cutting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita think about her house in Vancouver?
2. What kind of house does Dayu Raka have ready for Rita?
3. Rita attends what type of ceremony?
4. Why does Rita climb the mountains?
5. What does Rita realize when she goes to pay for her store purchases?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)