|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after they take Tu Nini to the healer?
(a) She dies the next day.
(b) She slowly begins to get better.
(c) She becomes sicker at first, then heals miraculously.
(d) She is instantly healed.
2. Why are the missionaries in Irian Jaya?
(a) They want to educate the villagers.
(b) They want to feed the villagers.
(c) They want to give the people religion in their own tribal language.
(d) They like to travel.
3. What is Dr. Galdikas rule regarding the forest?
(a) No photographs.
(b) No talking.
(c) No taking samples.
(d) No plant-cutting.
4. What is the situation at the airport?
(a) Flights are slightly delayed.
(b) No flights are going out that day.
(c) The flights are leaving early.
(d) The airport is chaotic.
5. How does Rita furnish her home in Seattle?
(a) With furniture her children discard.
(b) She goes on a shopping spree on President's Day weekend.
(c) With furnishings from Goodwill.
(d) She decides to live without furnishings.
6. Who does Tu Man want to marry?
(b) A neighbor.
(c) His cousin.
7. Why is the child scared of Rita?
(a) Her actions are too abrupt.
(b) Her voice is too loud.
(c) She tells strange stories.
(d) She looks different from anyone he has ever encountered.
8. What is Rita's relationship with Tu Aji?
(a) They are polite but distant to each other.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) They become very close friends.
(d) There is outright animosity between them.
9. Who flies Rita to the next village visit?
(a) A retired naval officer.
(b) A friend of one of her fellow travelers.
(c) A local with a rudimentary license.
(d) A missionary.
10. What does Rita realize when she goes to pay for her store purchases?
(a) They should have charged her more.
(b) Prices are extremely high.
(c) She has left her wallet at home.
(d) She still has money from Bali.
11. What do three men throw into the water?
(d) Animal sacrifices.
12. What is Dr. Galdikas like?
(a) She is very prompt and detailed.
(b) She challenges everyone around her to think.
(c) She is a very difficult person with whom to work.
(d) She is very easy-going.
13. What concerns Rita about the children in the mountain villages?
(a) They have no business sense.
(b) They are nutritionally deficient.
(c) They run too free.
(d) They are sassy.
14. Why do Rita's guests prepare a special dinner?
(a) It's New Year's Eve
(b) They are celebrating Christmas.
(c) They believe every dinner should be special.
(d) It's her birthday.
15. What new item does Rita discover when she gets back to Kerambitan?
(d) Grocery stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Rita stay in Bali?
2. What happens to the baby with whom they travel ?
3. Irian Jaya is the western half of what?
4. Why does Rita leave Bali to go the United States?
5. What do Jan and Rita think about spirits after their experience?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)