|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after they take Tu Nini to the healer?
(a) She becomes sicker at first, then heals miraculously.
(b) She slowly begins to get better.
(c) She dies the next day.
(d) She is instantly healed.
2. What happens to the baby with whom they travel ?
(a) It makes Rita miss her children.
(b) It keeps them all laughing.
(c) It dies.
(d) It is injured, and Rita helps it.
3. Rita attends what type of ceremony?
4. How does Rita feel about her traveling with the tour?
(a) She thinks they move through the villages too quickly.
(b) She appreciates the in-depth knowledge they get of the villagers.
(c) She loves the time spent with the natives.
(d) She loves the information that comes with the tours.
5. What does Rita think about her house in Vancouver?
(a) It will do for the time being. It's better than nothing.
(b) She can't wait to leave it.
(c) She decides she'd rather live in an apartment.
(d) She loves it, and she is quickly ready to entertain.
6. Irian Jaya is the western half of what?
(a) New Guinea.
7. Bali is noted for all the following except what?
8. What impact does Han's wound have on the group?
(a) They feel horrible for him.
(b) It keeps them up all night, caring for it.
(c) It is infected so they have to stop their travels immediately.
(d) They don't care what happens to him.
9. Why is Rita concerned about her trek?
(a) She isn't comfortable with the guide.
(b) She doesn't like new experiences.
(c) She is very out of shape.
(d) Her companions make her nervous.
10. What bothers Rita when she thinks of dying in Bali?
(a) She doesn't want to be cremated.
(b) She doesn't want to be buried without a tombstone.
(c) She doesn't want the villagers peering at her naked corpse.
(d) She doesn't want to die so far from her home.
11. Where does Rita live in Seattle?
(a) In an apartment overlooking a lake.
(b) In a house she buys.
(c) With her daughter.
(d) With her son.
12. What hobby does Rita pick up while living in Seattle?
(a) Stamp collecting.
13. To what does Rita attribute her desire to leave Bali?
(a) The women are mean to her.
(b) Her prince is gone.
(c) The people are beginning to bother her.
(d) She wants to get away from all the palace gossip.
14. What happens to the book Rita writes about her experience?
(a) It is broken into a series of articles.
(b) It is never published.
(c) It becomes a series.
(d) It becomes a best seller.
15. Why is the child scared of Rita?
(a) Her voice is too loud.
(b) Her actions are too abrupt.
(c) She looks different from anyone he has ever encountered.
(d) She tells strange stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who flies Rita to the next village visit?
2. What new item does Rita discover when she gets back to Kerambitan?
3. How does Dr. Galdikas treat the animals?
4. How does Rita feel after she goes back to Bali?
5. How does Tu Aji feel about death?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)