|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family think Tu Nini is dying?
(a) She is old.
(b) She has eaten contaminated food.
(c) She is starving herself.
(d) Black magic.
2. What do three men throw into the water?
(a) Animal sacrifices.
3. What does Rita think of sago, the main food staple of the tree village?
(a) She thinks it is dry and flavorless, but eats it anyway.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She spits it out.
(d) She asks for the recipe.
4. How does Rita help the wives?
(a) She helps with gardening.
(b) She watches the children.
(c) She teaches them English.
(d) She shops for them.
5. What happens after they take Tu Nini to the healer?
(a) She becomes sicker at first, then heals miraculously.
(b) She is instantly healed.
(c) She dies the next day.
(d) She slowly begins to get better.
6. What miracle happens to Rita?
(a) She is healed after a sudden illness.
(b) She has a vision for the future of the tribe.
(c) She is able to get food to the children.
(d) The clouds lift so her flight can leave.
7. Why are the missionaries in Irian Jaya?
(a) They want to give the people religion in their own tribal language.
(b) They want to feed the villagers.
(c) They want to educate the villagers.
(d) They like to travel.
8. What does Rita want to do when she leaves Bali in 1997?
(a) She wants to be near her children in New York.
(b) She wants to stop traveling and live in the United States.
(c) She wants to go back to Israel.
(d) She wants to be near her children in Seattle.
9. What is Dr. Galdikas rule regarding the forest?
(a) No plant-cutting.
(b) No photographs.
(c) No talking.
(d) No taking samples.
10. What do the spirits tell the king?
(a) He is doing a wonderful job ruling.
(b) He is too autocratic.
(c) He is not fulfilling his responsibilities to the family.
(d) He is going to die soon.
11. What tool changes Rita's connection to her family?
(a) She gets Internet access.
(b) She can telegraph the family.
(c) The family starts visiting her more.
(d) They use instant cameras to share candid images.
12. Why does Rita leave Bali to go the United States?
(a) She is tired of Bali.
(b) To check on her mother.
(c) She wants to get an apartment.
(d) She doesn't want to be reminded of Tu Nini.
13. What is a highlight of Rita's visit with Dr. Galdika?
(a) Writing in the marsh.
(b) Writing in the jungle.
(c) A boat ride and walk with Dr. Galdika's husband.
(d) Feeding the animals.
14. How does Dr. Galdikas treat the animals?
(a) She is abrupt with them.
(b) Sweetly as if they are her babies.
(c) She is rough with them in Rita's opinion.
(d) She doesn't interact with them at all. She just observes them.
15. What is missing from Rita's life after she returns to Bali?
(c) Good food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rita's children react to her living near them?
2. How long does Rita stay in Bali?
3. How does Rita feel after she goes back to Bali?
4. Where does Rita go with Dr. Galdikas?
5. What incredible gift does Rita discover Nyoman has?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)