|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies shortly after Tu Nini?
(b) The king.
(c) Tu Biang.
(d) Rita's dad.
2. What do Jan and Rita think about spirits after their experience?
(a) They are fearful of spirits.
(b) They believe in spirits.
(c) They think spirits are bogus.
(d) They scoff at the idea of spirits.
3. What does Rita think about her house in Vancouver?
(a) She decides she'd rather live in an apartment.
(b) She can't wait to leave it.
(c) It will do for the time being. It's better than nothing.
(d) She loves it, and she is quickly ready to entertain.
4. What hobby does Rita pick up while living in Seattle?
(c) Stamp collecting.
5. Why does the group travel through swamps and trees?
(a) It's good exercise.
(b) They like the adventure.
(c) Someone from the area has called for them.
(d) Rita wants to go somewhere the missionaries haven't gone.
6. Where does Rita go with Dr. Galdikas?
(a) The swamp.
(b) The orangutan camp.
(c) They stay at the Blue Kecubung together.
(d) To study slugs.
7. What are Rita's neighbors in Vancouver like?
(a) They are cantankerous.
(b) They are very welcoming and generous.
(c) They are overbearing.
(d) They stay to themselves.
8. Who flies Rita to the next village visit?
(a) A missionary.
(b) A retired naval officer.
(c) A local with a rudimentary license.
(d) A friend of one of her fellow travelers.
9. What is missing from Rita's life after she returns to Bali?
(b) Good food.
10. What incredible gift does Rita discover Nyoman has?
(a) He's an incredible sculptor.
(b) He is very good with animals.
(c) He has a real gift for language.
(d) He's a terrific chef.
11. What happens to the baby with whom they travel ?
(a) It dies.
(b) It makes Rita miss her children.
(c) It keeps them all laughing.
(d) It is injured, and Rita helps it.
12. What is Rita's favorite thing to do in Vancouver?
(a) She loves fishing.
(b) She loves hiking.
(c) She loves going to the market.
(d) She loves working in her garden.
13. What job does Rita do while living in Dayu Raka's house?
(a) She is a fill-in nurse.
(b) She teaches children daily.
(c) She translates for the museum.
(d) She drives the car for the family.
14. What impact does Han's wound have on the group?
(a) It is infected so they have to stop their travels immediately.
(b) It keeps them up all night, caring for it.
(c) They don't care what happens to him.
(d) They feel horrible for him.
15. What is the treasure Tu Aji's ancestors found in the caves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the situation at the airport?
2. Why is Rita concerned about her trek?
3. What happens to the book Rita writes about her experience?
4. Where does Rita plan to travel after Bali?
5. What is Dr. Galdikas rule regarding the forest?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)