|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is the old woman on the bus ranting?
(a) She hates commercialism.
(b) She thinks the other riders are rude.
(c) She thinkgs the transportation system is abysmal.
(d) She doesn't have money for medicine.
2. What is Rita's relationship with Tu Aji?
(a) They are polite but distant to each other.
(b) They become very close friends.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) There is outright animosity between them.
3. What new item does Rita discover when she gets back to Kerambitan?
(a) Grocery stores.
4. What is Rita's favorite thing to do in Vancouver?
(a) She loves fishing.
(b) She loves hiking.
(c) She loves working in her garden.
(d) She loves going to the market.
5. What does Rita feel about the animals after tracking them for a day?
(a) She is disgusted with their habits.
(b) She is in awe.
(c) She doesn't understand why people spend time studying them.
(d) She is amazed by their intelligence.
6. What bothers Rita when she thinks of dying in Bali?
(a) She doesn't want to die so far from her home.
(b) She doesn't want to be buried without a tombstone.
(c) She doesn't want the villagers peering at her naked corpse.
(d) She doesn't want to be cremated.
7. What is the treasure Tu Aji's ancestors found in the caves?
8. Where does Rita live in Seattle?
(a) With her daughter.
(b) In a house she buys.
(c) With her son.
(d) In an apartment overlooking a lake.
9. Why is Rita concerned about her trek?
(a) She isn't comfortable with the guide.
(b) She doesn't like new experiences.
(c) Her companions make her nervous.
(d) She is very out of shape.
10. How does Rita feel after the ceremony?
(a) She is horrified that this might happen to her.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She much prefers the burials back home.
(d) It feels natural to celebrate the spirit moving on.
11. How does Rita feel after she goes back to Bali?
(a) She wants to leave immediately.
(b) She realizes that it is home, and she never wants to leave.
(c) Things aren't the same as before.
(d) She loves it more than ever.
12. What kind of house does Dayu Raka have ready for Rita?
(a) A hut.
(b) A very beautiful, luxurious one.
(c) A clean yet spartan house.
(d) She has a room adjacent to the family home.
13. Who flies Rita to the next village visit?
(a) A retired naval officer.
(b) A local with a rudimentary license.
(c) A missionary.
(d) A friend of one of her fellow travelers.
14. Why is the child scared of Rita?
(a) Her actions are too abrupt.
(b) She looks different from anyone he has ever encountered.
(c) Her voice is too loud.
(d) She tells strange stories.
15. What impact does Han's wound have on the group?
(a) It keeps them up all night, caring for it.
(b) They feel horrible for him.
(c) It is infected so they have to stop their travels immediately.
(d) They don't care what happens to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Rita's neighbors in Vancouver like?
2. How does Rita feel about her traveling with the tour?
3. What is Dr. Galdikas like?
4. What miracle happens to Rita?
5. Why does the group travel through swamps and trees?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)