|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concerns Rita about the children in the mountain villages?
(a) They have no business sense.
(b) They are nutritionally deficient.
(c) They run too free.
(d) They are sassy.
2. What is Rita's relationship with Tu Aji?
(a) They are polite but distant to each other.
(b) There is outright animosity between them.
(c) They become very close friends.
(d) They are lovers.
3. What miracle happens to Rita?
(a) She is healed after a sudden illness.
(b) She is able to get food to the children.
(c) She has a vision for the future of the tribe.
(d) The clouds lift so her flight can leave.
4. What are Rita's neighbors in Vancouver like?
(a) They are very welcoming and generous.
(b) They stay to themselves.
(c) They are cantankerous.
(d) They are overbearing.
5. What impact does Han's wound have on the group?
(a) It keeps them up all night, caring for it.
(b) It is infected so they have to stop their travels immediately.
(c) They don't care what happens to him.
(d) They feel horrible for him.
6. Bali is noted for all the following except what?
7. How long does Jan stay when she comes to Bali?
(a) Six months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A year.
8. What is Rita's favorite thing to do in Vancouver?
(a) She loves going to the market.
(b) She loves fishing.
(c) She loves hiking.
(d) She loves working in her garden.
9. Rita attends what type of ceremony?
10. What kind of house does Dayu Raka have ready for Rita?
(a) A clean yet spartan house.
(b) She has a room adjacent to the family home.
(c) A very beautiful, luxurious one.
(d) A hut.
11. What happens during her visit to her mother in the United States?
(a) Her mother dies.
(b) Her daughter is in a car accident.
(c) The hired help quits.
(d) Her son gets engaged.
12. Where does Rita plan to travel after Bali?
(a) She is going to travel through the eastern United States.
(b) She is going to travel through the western United States.
(c) She is going to Europe.
(d) She is going to trek in the mountains of Irian Jaya.
13. Why is Rita concerned about her mother?
(a) Her mother is depressed after the death of her husband.
(b) Her mother's Parkinson's is getting worse.
(c) Her mother has fallen and broken her hip.
(d) Her mother has Alzheimer's.
14. What does Rita think of sago, the main food staple of the tree village?
(a) She spits it out.
(b) She thinks it is dry and flavorless, but eats it anyway.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She asks for the recipe.
15. What does Rita think about her house in Vancouver?
(a) It will do for the time being. It's better than nothing.
(b) She loves it, and she is quickly ready to entertain.
(c) She can't wait to leave it.
(d) She decides she'd rather live in an apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rita climb the mountains?
2. Why does the group travel through swamps and trees?
3. How does Rita feel after her Irian Jaya experience?
4. What is the treasure Tu Aji's ancestors found in the caves?
5. Who flies Rita to the next village visit?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)