|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that she is truly free, where does Rita decide to travel in Chapter 4?
(b) The Galapagos.
(d) Mexico City.
2. Rita goes to the Mayor to obtain permission to go where?
(a) To someone else's home to live.
(b) To the market.
(c) To a ceremony for the vice-governor's grandmother who died.
(d) To the country.
3. What response does Rita get when she asks about life in El Salvador?
(a) She is told that it is difficult, but improving.
(b) She is told that the living standards are rapidly improving.
(c) She is told that it is a modern Utopia.
(d) She is told that they will talk inside the truck where no one can hear them.
4. How do women react when Rita talks about her travels?
(a) They are interested and inspired that she does it without a man.
(b) They are politely curious.
(c) They think she is crazy.
(d) They don't want to talk about it.
5. Where does Rita sleep in Palenque?
(a) In a hammock on a platform.
(b) In a one-person tent
(c) In a 10 person tent.
(d) On the ground with a thin blanket.
6. What do Rita and her husband decide to do?
(a) They decide to get a divorce.
(b) They decide to take a break from each other.
(c) They decide to talk together until they work everything out.
(d) They decide to see a marriage counselor immediately.
7. How does Rita feel as a woman in the super-Orthodox world?
(a) She doesn't like feeling second class.
(b) She feels treasured.
(c) She appreciates the importance of her role as a nurturer.
(d) She feels ignored.
8. How does Rita feel as she goes down the street in San Salvador?
9. What does the architect want Rita to do?
(a) Teach his children English.
(b) Teach his children how to write books.
(c) Read her books to his children.
(d) Write a book about his family.
10. How do the women in the village treat Rita on her first day?
(a) They run up to embrace her.
(b) They completely ignore her.
(c) They run away.
(d) They shyly greet her.
11. When the plane lands on a different island than the one where Rita thinks she is staying, how does she react?
(a) She is very nervous, but doesn't know what to say.
(b) She decides to trust and enjoy the adventure.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She panicks and demands to go back.
12. What organization helps the families in the village with education?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The Peace Corps.
(c) Christian Children's Foundation.
(d) World Hope.
13. Why does Rita have a respect for street entertainers?
(a) She thinks they are creative.
(b) She is very clumsy and doesn't know how they do their acts.
(c) She appreciates the joy they bring to the world.
(d) She is somewhat envious of their extroverted nature.
14. When Rita goes to the Galapagos, how many years is it since she has been in Mexico City?
15. Why does Rita decide to go to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) She wants to collect shells.
(b) She wants to visit some friends there.
(c) She wants to study the history of the area.
(d) She plans to write a children's book on animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the cruise trip they plan?
2. What does Rita inadvertently do to her landlady?
3. About what has Rita always dreamed?
4. Where does Rita get the idea to go to Indonesia?
5. What is the topography of the village?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)