|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that she is truly free, where does Rita decide to travel in Chapter 4?
(a) The Galapagos.
(b) Mexico City.
2. Rita goes to the Mayor to obtain permission to go where?
(a) To someone else's home to live.
(b) To the market.
(c) To a ceremony for the vice-governor's grandmother who died.
(d) To the country.
3. What does Rita do without her first night in the hotel?
4. What happens to the cruise trip they plan?
(a) The ship is disabled due to rough waters.
(b) They are upgraded unexpectedly.
(c) The captain abandons the ship.
(d) The tour is canceled.
5. What is Rita's life like with her husband?
6. With whom does Rita eat on her second night in Mexico City?
(a) A travel agent.
(b) A teacher from the Spanish school.
(c) A woman she meets while in the museum.
(d) Two strange men from England.
7. What does Rita do for her 49th birthday?
(a) She invites Maria and her family over for a grand birthday party with cake and candles and ice cream.
(b) She goes shopping.
(c) She invites Maria and her family over for a party, but keeps her birthday a secret.
(d) She calls her family in the US.
8. Of what is the author afraid at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(b) Meeting people.
9. What discovery makes Rita's traveling easier and more affordable?
(a) She becomes a travel agent.
(b) She discovers the travelers' network.
(c) She learns how to use coupons better.
(d) She learns tricks for getting the best hotel rates.
10. What does Rita inadvertently do to her landlady?
(a) She helps her without realizing it.
(b) She helps her out of a tough situation.
(c) She offends her by breaking customs.
(d) She offends her by showing up to a party late.
11. What does Rita say her profession is?
(a) She is unemployed.
(c) Writer of children's books.
12. What does Rita brush up on before leaving for Indonesia?
(a) The customs and behaviors.
(b) Her American manners.
(c) Her knowledge of their government.
13. What is the topography of the village?
(a) It's on a plateau.
(b) It is on rolling land.
(c) It's almost vertical.
(d) It's in a valley.
14. Who accompanies them into Nicaragua?
(a) A priest.
(b) Some new friends.
(c) Some old friends.
(d) Two soldiers.
15. With whom does Rita travel to the ceremony?
(a) The government party.
(b) A famous author.
(c) Her daughter .
(d) Her hosts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rita get to the Zapotec village?
2. What response does Rita get when she asks about life in El Salvador?
3. Why does Rita have a respect for street entertainers?
4. What do Rita and her husband decide to do?
5. Where does Rita's passion for travel get re-kindled?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)