|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days pass before the women in the village (aside from Margarita) begin to talk with Rita?
2. Why doesn't the captain want to go to Tower Island?
(a) It's too far, too flat, and impossible to find in fog without radar.
(b) He is scared of the animals.
(c) The water is too rough.
(d) He is worried about distressing the native animals.
3. How do the women in the village treat Rita on her first day?
(a) They completely ignore her.
(b) They shyly greet her.
(c) They run up to embrace her.
(d) They run away.
4. Felipe teaches Rita how to negotiate what?
5. How long does Rita want to stay in the Zapotec village?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
6. What does Rita inadvertently do to her landlady?
(a) She offends her by showing up to a party late.
(b) She offends her by breaking customs.
(c) She helps her out of a tough situation.
(d) She helps her without realizing it.
7. What does Rita do in the waterfalls?
(a) She finds beautiful rocks.
(b) She showers.
(c) She sings.
(d) She swims without clothes.
8. What do the children ask Rita to do?
(a) Teach them a math lesson.
(b) Read them her book.
(c) Give them candy.
(d) Give them money.
9. What does Rita feel as if she stepped into when she visits the Druse?
(a) A lion's den.
(b) Another world.
(c) A pit of snakes.
(d) The future.
10. What does Rita do without her first night in the hotel?
11. Where does Rita go on her first full day in Mexico City?
(a) She goes to the market.
(b) She goes on a formal tour.
(c) She goes to a fast food restaurant.
(d) She visits some historic churches.
12. How does Rita feel about her Jewish background?
(a) It seems unimportant to her.
(b) She takes her customs and religion very seriously.
(c) She is very proud of her heritage.
(d) She resents her background.
13. What does Rita say her profession is?
(a) She is unemployed.
(c) Writer of children's books.
14. Why do they leave the restaurant?
(a) They have a meeting to attend.
(b) The food is terrible.
(c) They don't trust the men who are striking up a conversation with them.
(d) Rita is feeling ill.
15. What does Zahava want Rita to experience?
(a) A day in the country.
(b) The seriousness of a religious service.
(c) A day in the Israeli educational system.
(d) The joy of a big family Sabbath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Rita at the airport when she arrives home?
2. What is Rita's life like with her husband?
3. About what has Rita always dreamed?
4. How does Rita feel as she goes down the street in San Salvador?
5. How does Rita feel after she leaves Nicaragua?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)