Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Rita eat on her second night in Mexico City?
(a) A woman she meets while in the museum.
(b) A travel agent.
(c) Two strange men from England.
(d) A teacher from the Spanish school.
2. What do the children ask Rita to do?
(a) Give them candy.
(b) Give them money.
(c) Read them her book.
(d) Teach them a math lesson.
3. What does Rita feel as if she is running towards?
4. What does Rita realize while she is touring the museums in Mexico City?
(a) She is completely free to do whatever she wants.
(b) She misses her husband.
(c) She has no friends.
(d) She has no concept of safety.
5. What is the first thing Rita does when she arrives at her house in Israel?
(a) She goes swimming with her host.
(b) She prays.
(c) She takes a nap.
(d) She enjoys a delicious meal.
6. What does Rita do in the waterfalls?
(a) She sings.
(b) She finds beautiful rocks.
(c) She swims without clothes.
(d) She showers.
7. What does Rita learn how to make at Mama's?
(d) Rice cakes.
8. Who accompanies them into Nicaragua?
(a) Some new friends.
(b) Two soldiers.
(c) Some old friends.
(d) A priest.
9. Rita loses her position because the boss thinks what?
(a) There are too many gringos involved in the project.
(b) She is lazy.
(c) She is over-qualified.
(d) Her ideas are too off the mark.
10. Brigitte wants Rita to do what?
(b) Help paint the home.
(c) Write a proposal for funding for a home for street kids.
(d) Help take care of the animals.
11. Where does the family picnic when they go to the beach?
(a) On a sidewalk.
(b) On a bluff.
(c) In a park.
(d) On an island.
12. When Rita goes to the Galapagos, how many years is it since she has been in Mexico City?
13. How does Rita feel as she goes down the street in San Salvador?
14. Who teaches Rita Indonesian?
(a) She teaches herself and won't accept help from anyone else.
(b) A school she attends in Indonesia.
(c) The maid.
(d) An American student.
15. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
(a) The part of the ceremony where they dance.
(b) The part of the ceremony where they get drunk.
(c) The part of the ceremony where they kill the cow.
(d) The part of the ceremony where they salute each other with speeches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Rita while she is in Galapagos?
2. Why do they leave the restaurant?
3. Who does Rita imagine she sees when looking out over the plaza toward the Temple of the Inscriptions?
4. Rita goes to the Mayor to obtain permission to go where?
5. What community does Rita want to learn more about in Chapter 4?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)