|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the captain want to go to Tower Island?
(a) It's too far, too flat, and impossible to find in fog without radar.
(b) He is worried about distressing the native animals.
(c) The water is too rough.
(d) He is scared of the animals.
2. What community does Rita want to learn more about in Chapter 4?
(a) The ex-pat community.
(b) The street children .
(c) The elderly.
(d) The religious community.
3. Why does Rita have a respect for street entertainers?
(a) She is very clumsy and doesn't know how they do their acts.
(b) She appreciates the joy they bring to the world.
(c) She is somewhat envious of their extroverted nature.
(d) She thinks they are creative.
4. Who greets Rita at the airport when she arrives home?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her husband.
5. What makes Ruth decide to have Rita as a guest?
(a) She has Rita's writing analyzed by a friend who tells her that she should meet Rita.
(b) She is very lonely.
(c) She is bored and decides that she needs company.
(d) She is excited about having an author in the house.
6. What is the topography of the village?
(a) It's in a valley.
(b) It is on rolling land.
(c) It's almost vertical.
(d) It's on a plateau.
7. When the plane lands on a different island than the one where Rita thinks she is staying, how does she react?
(a) She panicks and demands to go back.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She decides to trust and enjoy the adventure.
(d) She is very nervous, but doesn't know what to say.
8. What does Rita experience at the campgrounds after visiting the Temple of the Inscriptions?
(a) Psychedelic mushrooms.
(b) A sense of dread.
(c) A religious connection.
9. Now that she is truly free, where does Rita decide to travel in Chapter 4?
(a) Mexico City.
(c) The Galapagos.
10. Where does the family picnic when they go to the beach?
(a) On a sidewalk.
(b) On an island.
(c) In a park.
(d) On a bluff.
11. What discovery makes Rita's traveling easier and more affordable?
(a) She becomes a travel agent.
(b) She discovers the travelers' network.
(c) She learns how to use coupons better.
(d) She learns tricks for getting the best hotel rates.
12. How does Rita feel as she goes down the street in San Salvador?
13. What response does Rita get when she asks about life in El Salvador?
(a) She is told that it is a modern Utopia.
(b) She is told that the living standards are rapidly improving.
(c) She is told that it is difficult, but improving.
(d) She is told that they will talk inside the truck where no one can hear them.
14. How do the men treat Rita?
(a) They are cordial, but don't look at her directly.
(b) They gather around her, touch her, and tell her stories.
(c) They stand at a distance.
(d) They run away.
15. Where does Rita go on her first full day in Mexico City?
(a) She goes on a formal tour.
(b) She goes to the market.
(c) She visits some historic churches.
(d) She goes to a fast food restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't women sing during the service?
2. Brigitte wants Rita to do what?
3. Why does Rita have to go to Quibuto after 10 in the morning?
4. Where does Rita get the idea to go to Indonesia?
5. Who accompanies them into Nicaragua?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)