|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rita have a respect for street entertainers?
(a) She thinks they are creative.
(b) She appreciates the joy they bring to the world.
(c) She is somewhat envious of their extroverted nature.
(d) She is very clumsy and doesn't know how they do their acts.
2. Why do they leave the restaurant?
(a) The food is terrible.
(b) Rita is feeling ill.
(c) They have a meeting to attend.
(d) They don't trust the men who are striking up a conversation with them.
3. What happens to the cruise trip they plan?
(a) They are upgraded unexpectedly.
(b) The captain abandons the ship.
(c) The tour is canceled.
(d) The ship is disabled due to rough waters.
4. Where does Rita go on her first full day in Mexico City?
(a) She goes to the market.
(b) She goes on a formal tour.
(c) She visits some historic churches.
(d) She goes to a fast food restaurant.
5. What does Rita do in the waterfalls?
(a) She showers.
(b) She finds beautiful rocks.
(c) She sings.
(d) She swims without clothes.
6. How does Rita feel after she leaves Nicaragua?
7. Now that she is truly free, where does Rita decide to travel in Chapter 4?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) The Galapagos.
8. What does Rita learn how to make at Mama's?
(a) Rice cakes.
9. What does Rita experience at the campgrounds after visiting the Temple of the Inscriptions?
(a) A sense of dread.
(b) A religious connection.
(d) Psychedelic mushrooms.
10. Who teaches Rita Indonesian?
(a) An American student.
(b) She teaches herself and won't accept help from anyone else.
(c) The maid.
(d) A school she attends in Indonesia.
11. With whom does Rita travel to the ceremony?
(a) Her daughter .
(b) The government party.
(c) Her hosts.
(d) A famous author.
12. When the plane lands on a different island than the one where Rita thinks she is staying, how does she react?
(a) She is very nervous, but doesn't know what to say.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She panicks and demands to go back.
(d) She decides to trust and enjoy the adventure.
13. Where does the family picnic when they go to the beach?
(a) On a bluff.
(b) On a sidewalk.
(c) In a park.
(d) On an island.
14. What does Rita say her profession is?
(a) She is unemployed.
(d) Writer of children's books.
15. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
(a) The part of the ceremony where they salute each other with speeches.
(b) The part of the ceremony where they get drunk.
(c) The part of the ceremony where they kill the cow.
(d) The part of the ceremony where they dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rita have to go to Quibuto after 10 in the morning?
2. Who does Rita imagine she sees when looking out over the plaza toward the Temple of the Inscriptions?
3. About what has Rita always dreamed?
4. What does Rita feel as if she stepped into when she visits the Druse?
5. Who leads the group to Tower Island?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)