|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brigitte wants Rita to do what?
(b) Help take care of the animals.
(c) Write a proposal for funding for a home for street kids.
(d) Help paint the home.
2. What do Rita and her husband decide to do?
(a) They decide to take a break from each other.
(b) They decide to get a divorce.
(c) They decide to talk together until they work everything out.
(d) They decide to see a marriage counselor immediately.
3. What does Rita say her profession is?
(a) She is unemployed.
(d) Writer of children's books.
4. Why do they leave the restaurant?
(a) They don't trust the men who are striking up a conversation with them.
(b) They have a meeting to attend.
(c) Rita is feeling ill.
(d) The food is terrible.
5. With whom does Rita eat on her second night in Mexico City?
(a) A teacher from the Spanish school.
(b) Two strange men from England.
(c) A woman she meets while in the museum.
(d) A travel agent.
6. What organization helps the families in the village with education?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) Christian Children's Foundation.
(c) The Peace Corps.
(d) World Hope.
7. Why does Rita have a respect for street entertainers?
(a) She appreciates the joy they bring to the world.
(b) She is somewhat envious of their extroverted nature.
(c) She is very clumsy and doesn't know how they do their acts.
(d) She thinks they are creative.
8. How does Rita feel as a woman in the super-Orthodox world?
(a) She feels ignored.
(b) She feels treasured.
(c) She appreciates the importance of her role as a nurturer.
(d) She doesn't like feeling second class.
9. Where does the family picnic when they go to the beach?
(a) On an island.
(b) On a bluff.
(c) On a sidewalk.
(d) In a park.
10. Rita goes to the Mayor to obtain permission to go where?
(a) To the country.
(b) To someone else's home to live.
(c) To a ceremony for the vice-governor's grandmother who died.
(d) To the market.
11. What do the children ask Rita to do?
(a) Give them candy.
(b) Give them money.
(c) Teach them a math lesson.
(d) Read them her book.
12. How does Rita get to the Zapotec village?
(a) She takes a train.
(b) She runs.
(c) She hitchhikes.
(d) She takes a bus.
13. What does Rita feel as if she is running towards?
14. Of what is the author afraid at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(c) Meeting people.
15. What community does Rita want to learn more about in Chapter 4?
(a) The elderly.
(b) The religious community.
(c) The ex-pat community.
(d) The street children .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zahava want Rita to experience?
2. What does Rita experience at the campgrounds after visiting the Temple of the Inscriptions?
3. Who leads the group to Tower Island?
4. When Rita goes to the Galapagos, how many years is it since she has been in Mexico City?
5. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)