|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brigitte wants Rita to do what?
(b) Help paint the home.
(c) Write a proposal for funding for a home for street kids.
(d) Help take care of the animals.
2. What does Rita learn how to make at Mama's?
(b) Rice cakes.
3. About what has Rita always dreamed?
(a) Staying home with her husband and children.
(b) Having a luxurious lifestyle.
(c) Having enough wealth to share with others.
(d) Owning nothing but the stuff she could carry on her back.
4. Where does the family picnic when they go to the beach?
(a) In a park.
(b) On a bluff.
(c) On a sidewalk.
(d) On an island.
5. Where does Rita sleep in Palenque?
(a) In a 10 person tent.
(b) In a hammock on a platform.
(c) On the ground with a thin blanket.
(d) In a one-person tent
6. With whom does Rita travel to the ceremony?
(a) A famous author.
(b) Her hosts.
(c) The government party.
(d) Her daughter .
7. What is Rita's life like with her husband?
8. What happens to Rita's marriage?
(a) It ends in divorce.
(b) They decide to stay married but travel more.
(c) They patch things up.
(d) She and her husband agree to separate for a longer period of time.
9. What happens to the cruise trip they plan?
(a) They are upgraded unexpectedly.
(b) The captain abandons the ship.
(c) The ship is disabled due to rough waters.
(d) The tour is canceled.
10. What does Rita say her profession is?
(b) She is unemployed.
(c) Writer of children's books.
11. When does Rita feel very connected with the women in the village?
(a) When they are working in the fields together.
(b) When they dance together.
(c) When they are out getting firewood together.
(d) When they are cooking together.
12. What does the architect want Rita to do?
(a) Write a book about his family.
(b) Read her books to his children.
(c) Teach his children English.
(d) Teach his children how to write books.
13. Rita loses her position because the boss thinks what?
(a) She is over-qualified.
(b) Her ideas are too off the mark.
(c) She is lazy.
(d) There are too many gringos involved in the project.
14. When Rita goes to the Galapagos, how many years is it since she has been in Mexico City?
15. Where does Rita get the idea to go to Indonesia?
(a) After reading a book.
(b) At her high school reunion.
(c) After blindly settling her finger on a map.
(d) After meeting an Indonesian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the captain want to go to Tower Island?
2. Of what is the author afraid at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. How do the men treat Rita?
4. What does Rita observe about the Nicaraguans she meets over the eight months that she is there?
5. What community does Rita want to learn more about in Chapter 4?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)