|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the group to Tower Island?
(a) The captain.
(b) Rita's daughter.
(c) A friend Rita had met on a previous trip.
2. Why does Rita decide to go to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) She wants to visit some friends there.
(b) She wants to collect shells.
(c) She plans to write a children's book on animals.
(d) She wants to study the history of the area.
3. What does Zahava want Rita to experience?
(a) A day in the country.
(b) A day in the Israeli educational system.
(c) The seriousness of a religious service.
(d) The joy of a big family Sabbath.
4. What does the architect want Rita to do?
(a) Teach his children English.
(b) Write a book about his family.
(c) Read her books to his children.
(d) Teach his children how to write books.
5. How does Rita feel after she leaves Nicaragua?
6. What does Rita observe about the female frigatebirds?
(a) They are never satisfied as far as she can see.
(b) They are awkward and clumsy.
(c) They are beautiful.
(d) They have beautiful voices.
7. What do the children ask Rita to do?
(a) Give them candy.
(b) Teach them a math lesson.
(c) Give them money.
(d) Read them her book.
8. How do women react when Rita talks about her travels?
(a) They think she is crazy.
(b) They are interested and inspired that she does it without a man.
(c) They are politely curious.
(d) They don't want to talk about it.
9. What is the topography of the village?
(a) It's in a valley.
(b) It is on rolling land.
(c) It's on a plateau.
(d) It's almost vertical.
10. What does Rita say her profession is?
(c) Writer of children's books.
(d) She is unemployed.
11. The school makes arrangements for Rita to stay where?
(a) She stays with an elderly couple.
(b) She stays with a young couple and their baby.
(c) She stays in a dorm.
(d) She stays in a bed and breakfast.
12. How does Rita get to the Zapotec village?
(a) She runs.
(b) She hitchhikes.
(c) She takes a bus.
(d) She takes a train.
13. What community does Rita want to learn more about in Chapter 4?
(a) The religious community.
(b) The street children .
(c) The ex-pat community.
(d) The elderly.
14. Where does Rita get the idea to go to Indonesia?
(a) After reading a book.
(b) After blindly settling her finger on a map.
(c) At her high school reunion.
(d) After meeting an Indonesian.
15. Where does Rita's passion for travel get re-kindled?
(a) When she goes to a seminar given by a world traveler.
(b) When she watches the Travel Channel on TV.
(c) When she goes to the library and takes out some travel books.
(d) When she goes to the Galapagos.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Rita eat on her second night in Mexico City?
2. About what has Rita always dreamed?
3. Who visits Rita while she is in Galapagos?
4. What does Rita observe about the Nicaraguans she meets over the eight months that she is there?
5. How many days pass before the women in the village (aside from Margarita) begin to talk with Rita?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)