|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rita feel after she leaves Nicaragua?
2. How does Rita feel about her Jewish background?
(a) She takes her customs and religion very seriously.
(b) She resents her background.
(c) It seems unimportant to her.
(d) She is very proud of her heritage.
3. What does Rita say her profession is?
(b) She is unemployed.
(c) Writer of children's books.
4. What does Zahava want Rita to experience?
(a) The seriousness of a religious service.
(b) A day in the country.
(c) A day in the Israeli educational system.
(d) The joy of a big family Sabbath.
5. About what has Rita always dreamed?
(a) Having a luxurious lifestyle.
(b) Having enough wealth to share with others.
(c) Owning nothing but the stuff she could carry on her back.
(d) Staying home with her husband and children.
6. Brigitte wants Rita to do what?
(a) Help take care of the animals.
(b) Help paint the home.
(d) Write a proposal for funding for a home for street kids.
7. With whom does Rita travel to the ceremony?
(a) The government party.
(b) A famous author.
(c) Her hosts.
(d) Her daughter .
8. What organization helps the families in the village with education?
(a) World Hope.
(b) The Peace Corps.
(c) Christian Children's Foundation.
(d) The Red Cross.
9. Rita loses her position because the boss thinks what?
(a) There are too many gringos involved in the project.
(b) Her ideas are too off the mark.
(c) She is lazy.
(d) She is over-qualified.
10. What does Rita feel as if she is running towards?
11. What bothers Rita when her wallet is stolen?
(a) She loses the pictures of her children.
(b) She needs to call her husband and report the stolen credit cards.
(c) She has no money.
(d) She has no passport.
12. Who leads the group to Tower Island?
(a) A friend Rita had met on a previous trip.
(c) The captain.
(d) Rita's daughter.
13. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
(a) The part of the ceremony where they dance.
(b) The part of the ceremony where they salute each other with speeches.
(c) The part of the ceremony where they get drunk.
(d) The part of the ceremony where they kill the cow.
14. What happens to Rita's marriage?
(a) They decide to stay married but travel more.
(b) They patch things up.
(c) It ends in divorce.
(d) She and her husband agree to separate for a longer period of time.
15. What does Rita brush up on before leaving for Indonesia?
(a) Her knowledge of their government.
(b) Her American manners.
(d) The customs and behaviors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rita goes to the Mayor to obtain permission to go where?
2. How does Rita feel as a woman in the super-Orthodox world?
3. What does Rita realize while she is touring the museums in Mexico City?
4. Who teaches Rita Indonesian?
5. Where does Rita sleep in Palenque?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)