|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rita get to the Zapotec village?
(a) She runs.
(b) She hitchhikes.
(c) She takes a bus.
(d) She takes a train.
2. What does Rita realize while she is touring the museums in Mexico City?
(a) She is completely free to do whatever she wants.
(b) She has no concept of safety.
(c) She misses her husband.
(d) She has no friends.
3. Who accompanies them into Nicaragua?
(a) Some new friends.
(b) Two soldiers.
(c) A priest.
(d) Some old friends.
4. What organization helps the families in the village with education?
(a) Christian Children's Foundation.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The Peace Corps.
(d) World Hope.
5. What does Rita feel as if she stepped into when she visits the Druse?
(a) Another world.
(b) A pit of snakes.
(c) The future.
(d) A lion's den.
6. What discovery makes Rita's traveling easier and more affordable?
(a) She learns tricks for getting the best hotel rates.
(b) She discovers the travelers' network.
(c) She becomes a travel agent.
(d) She learns how to use coupons better.
7. What is the first thing Rita does when she arrives at her house in Israel?
(a) She goes swimming with her host.
(b) She prays.
(c) She takes a nap.
(d) She enjoys a delicious meal.
8. What do Rita and her husband decide to do?
(a) They decide to see a marriage counselor immediately.
(b) They decide to talk together until they work everything out.
(c) They decide to get a divorce.
(d) They decide to take a break from each other.
9. Who visits Rita while she is in Galapagos?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her best friend from Los Angeles.
(d) Her son.
10. What community does Rita want to learn more about in Chapter 4?
(a) The street children .
(b) The ex-pat community.
(c) The elderly.
(d) The religious community.
11. How do women react when Rita talks about her travels?
(a) They are politely curious.
(b) They are interested and inspired that she does it without a man.
(c) They don't want to talk about it.
(d) They think she is crazy.
12. With whom does Rita eat on her second night in Mexico City?
(a) Two strange men from England.
(b) A teacher from the Spanish school.
(c) A travel agent.
(d) A woman she meets while in the museum.
13. Rita goes to the Mayor to obtain permission to go where?
(a) To the country.
(b) To a ceremony for the vice-governor's grandmother who died.
(c) To someone else's home to live.
(d) To the market.
14. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
(a) The part of the ceremony where they get drunk.
(b) The part of the ceremony where they dance.
(c) The part of the ceremony where they kill the cow.
(d) The part of the ceremony where they salute each other with speeches.
15. How does Rita feel after she leaves Nicaragua?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ruth decide to have Rita as a guest?
2. Who does Rita imagine she sees when looking out over the plaza toward the Temple of the Inscriptions?
3. What happens to the cruise trip they plan?
4. Who teaches Rita Indonesian?
5. With whom does Rita travel to the ceremony?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)