|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rita do without her first night in the hotel?
2. How does Rita feel as a woman in the super-Orthodox world?
(a) She doesn't like feeling second class.
(b) She feels treasured.
(c) She feels ignored.
(d) She appreciates the importance of her role as a nurturer.
3. Where does Rita get the idea to go to Indonesia?
(a) After blindly settling her finger on a map.
(b) After meeting an Indonesian.
(c) At her high school reunion.
(d) After reading a book.
4. What happens to the cruise trip they plan?
(a) The ship is disabled due to rough waters.
(b) The captain abandons the ship.
(c) They are upgraded unexpectedly.
(d) The tour is canceled.
5. What is the topography of the village?
(a) It is on rolling land.
(b) It's on a plateau.
(c) It's in a valley.
(d) It's almost vertical.
6. Rita goes to the Mayor to obtain permission to go where?
(a) To the market.
(b) To a ceremony for the vice-governor's grandmother who died.
(c) To the country.
(d) To someone else's home to live.
7. What is the last great task Rita accomplishes before leaving the village?
(a) She creates a beautiful necklace.
(b) She makes a meal for her host family.
(c) She swims across the river.
(d) She climbs the mountain.
8. Who leads the group to Tower Island?
(b) A friend Rita had met on a previous trip.
(c) The captain.
(d) Rita's daughter.
9. Why doesn't the captain want to go to Tower Island?
(a) It's too far, too flat, and impossible to find in fog without radar.
(b) The water is too rough.
(c) He is scared of the animals.
(d) He is worried about distressing the native animals.
10. What does Rita inadvertently do to her landlady?
(a) She helps her without realizing it.
(b) She offends her by breaking customs.
(c) She offends her by showing up to a party late.
(d) She helps her out of a tough situation.
11. What bothers Rita when her wallet is stolen?
(a) She has no passport.
(b) She loses the pictures of her children.
(c) She needs to call her husband and report the stolen credit cards.
(d) She has no money.
12. What do the children ask Rita to do?
(a) Teach them a math lesson.
(b) Read them her book.
(c) Give them candy.
(d) Give them money.
13. What does Rita do in the waterfalls?
(a) She showers.
(b) She finds beautiful rocks.
(c) She swims without clothes.
(d) She sings.
14. Now that she is truly free, where does Rita decide to travel in Chapter 4?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) The Galapagos.
15. With whom does Rita travel to the ceremony?
(a) The government party.
(b) Her hosts.
(c) Her daughter .
(d) A famous author.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rita feel about her Jewish background?
2. When the plane lands on a different island than the one where Rita thinks she is staying, how does she react?
3. With whom does Rita eat on her second night in Mexico City?
4. Rita observes that the women shy away from what?
5. Brigitte wants Rita to do what?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)