Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe Rita's life with her husband.
It is a good life, filled with special events and important people. She dines with celebrities and eats at fancy restaurants.
2. Why does Rita decide to travel, and why does she go alone?
She realizes she is losing the sense of adventure she had in the past. She travels alone because her husband doesn't like to travel.
3. How does Rita feel after she returns from the Galapagos?
Her life feels empty. She doesn't enjoy the parties or glamor. She wants more adventure.
4. What is happening in Rita's marriage?
Her children are older, and she and her husband have drifted apart due to different interests. They decide to take a short break from each other.
5. What is the Traveler's Network like?
It is comprised of mostly young people, a majority of whom are Europeans. They are on the road long-term and try to travel cheaply. It is a friendly group.
This section contains 2,389 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)