|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rita realize while she is touring the museums in Mexico City?
(a) She is completely free to do whatever she wants.
(b) She has no friends.
(c) She misses her husband.
(d) She has no concept of safety.
2. When does Rita feel very connected with the women in the village?
(a) When they are working in the fields together.
(b) When they dance together.
(c) When they are cooking together.
(d) When they are out getting firewood together.
3. What makes Ruth decide to have Rita as a guest?
(a) She is bored and decides that she needs company.
(b) She is very lonely.
(c) She has Rita's writing analyzed by a friend who tells her that she should meet Rita.
(d) She is excited about having an author in the house.
4. Who does Rita imagine she sees when looking out over the plaza toward the Temple of the Inscriptions?
(a) Her traveling partners.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her husband.
5. What happens to the cruise trip they plan?
(a) The captain abandons the ship.
(b) The ship is disabled due to rough waters.
(c) They are upgraded unexpectedly.
(d) The tour is canceled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita feel as if she is running towards?
2. How does Rita feel as a woman in the super-Orthodox world?
3. What does Rita inadvertently do to her landlady?
4. Why doesn't the captain want to go to Tower Island?
5. Who teaches Rita Indonesian?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)