|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Rita does when she arrives at her house in Israel?
(a) She takes a nap.
(b) She enjoys a delicious meal.
(c) She prays.
(d) She goes swimming with her host.
2. What does Rita do for her 49th birthday?
(a) She invites Maria and her family over for a grand birthday party with cake and candles and ice cream.
(b) She goes shopping.
(c) She invites Maria and her family over for a party, but keeps her birthday a secret.
(d) She calls her family in the US.
3. What does the architect want Rita to do?
(a) Teach his children how to write books.
(b) Write a book about his family.
(c) Teach his children English.
(d) Read her books to his children.
4. Rita goes to the Mayor to obtain permission to go where?
(a) To the market.
(b) To someone else's home to live.
(c) To a ceremony for the vice-governor's grandmother who died.
(d) To the country.
5. Why does Rita decide to go to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) She wants to collect shells.
(b) She wants to visit some friends there.
(c) She wants to study the history of the area.
(d) She plans to write a children's book on animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita experience at the campgrounds after visiting the Temple of the Inscriptions?
2. Why can't women sing during the service?
3. What happens to the cruise trip they plan?
4. What does Rita observe about the Nicaraguans she meets over the eight months that she is there?
5. What response does Rita get when she asks about life in El Salvador?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)