|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rita go with Dr. Galdikas?
(a) To study slugs.
(b) The swamp.
(c) They stay at the Blue Kecubung together.
(d) The orangutan camp.
2. What does Rita brush up on before leaving for Indonesia?
(a) Her knowledge of their government.
(b) The customs and behaviors.
(d) Her American manners.
3. What happens to the book Rita writes about her experience?
(a) It becomes a series.
(b) It is never published.
(c) It is broken into a series of articles.
(d) It becomes a best seller.
4. What is the first thing Rita does when she arrives at her house in Israel?
(a) She enjoys a delicious meal.
(b) She prays.
(c) She takes a nap.
(d) She goes swimming with her host.
5. What does the telegram Rita receives tell her?
(a) Her book has made the NY Times bestseller list.
(b) There is a disease in the village.
(c) Tu Aji has died.
(d) The villagers are holding a celebration in her honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the group to Tower Island?
2. Why does the family think Tu Nini is dying?
3. How long does Rita stay in Bali?
4. The school makes arrangements for Rita to stay where?
5. What does Rita observe about the Nicaraguans she meets over the eight months that she is there?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)