|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rita feel about the animals after tracking them for a day?
(a) She is disgusted with their habits.
(b) She doesn't understand why people spend time studying them.
(c) She is amazed by their intelligence.
(d) She is in awe.
2. How does Tu Aji feel about death?
(a) He is ready to face the next world.
(b) He wants more time on earth.
(c) He is afraid of death.
(d) He resents the fact that he must someday die.
3. Why do Rita's guests prepare a special dinner?
(a) They believe every dinner should be special.
(b) They are celebrating Christmas.
(c) It's her birthday.
(d) It's New Year's Eve
4. How does Rita furnish her home in Seattle?
(a) With furniture her children discard.
(b) She goes on a shopping spree on President's Day weekend.
(c) With furnishings from Goodwill.
(d) She decides to live without furnishings.
5. What does Rita want to do when she leaves Bali in 1997?
(a) She wants to be near her children in New York.
(b) She wants to stop traveling and live in the United States.
(c) She wants to go back to Israel.
(d) She wants to be near her children in Seattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ruth decide to have Rita as a guest?
2. Why does Rita decide to go to the Galapagos Islands?
3. Where does Rita live in Seattle?
4. Where does Rita get the idea to go to Indonesia?
5. How does the king treat the woman who gives him the message from the spirits?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)