Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapters 1-4 Abstract
* Rita realizes that she is unhappy with her lifestyle.
* Rita goes to school to study anthropology.
* Her marriage begins to disintegrate, and they agree to have a short separation.
* Rita travels to Mexico on her own.
Chapters 5-8 Abstract
* Rita has dinner with two...
This section contains 1,122 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)