|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Romeo gain entrance to the Capulets' ball?
(a) He claims to be a distant cousin.
(b) He stays in the outer courtyard.
(c) He sneaks through a window protage.
(d) He is masked.
2. What does Angelo threaten the disguised Duke with at the end of Measure for Measure?
(a) A fine.
3. Who helps Helena plot her deception of Bertram in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) Diana's mother.
(b) Bertram's sister.
(c) The Duke's daughter.
(d) The pope.
4. What rank has Cassio recently attained at the beginning of Othello?
5. Who does Olivia marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Olivia confuse Sebastian and Viola in Twelfth Night?
2. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
3. In All's Well That Ends Well, which of the following characters does not return to France immediately after Bertrand's marriage in Italy?
4. Whom does Hamlet accidentally kill in Gertrude's bedchamber?
5. What self-destructive habit does Timon of Athens have at the beginning of his story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Othello summoned before the Duke of Venice for his marriage?
2. How is Angelo corrupted in Measure for Measure?
3. How does Helena trick Bertram out of his ring in All's Well That Ends Well?
4. Describe Romeo and Juliet's meeting and courtship.
5. Why is Hamlet dissolute at the beginning of the story?
6. How did Aegeon's family come together and get separated in a matter of days?
7. How does Pericles end up marrying Thaisa?
8. How does Petruchio tame Katharine on their wedding day?
9. How is the opening of Twelfth Night similar to the story that begins Comedy of Errors?
10. How are both twins married at the end of Twelfth Night?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)