|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mariana's connection to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
(a) She is his former betrothed.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his adopted daughter.
(d) She is his wife.
2. How does Romeo kill himself?
(a) He stabs himself in the heart.
(b) He leaps from a cliff.
(c) He drinks poison.
(d) He hangs himself.
3. What does Petruchio declare he will do if he does not wed Katharine by Sunday?
(a) Become a friar.
(b) Return his wedding garments.
(c) Leave Padua forever.
(d) Pay his competitors a years wages.
4. Who acts as go-between for Othello's wooing of Desdemona?
5. Who does Orsino marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bertram called back to court at the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
2. How does Thaisa seemingly die in Pericles?
3. What does the fisherman in Comedy of Errors do with Antipholus and Dromio when they arrive in Ephesus?
4. Why does Bertram think he is within his rights to propose to Diana in All's Well That Ends Well?
5. Who does Juliet's father betroth her to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are both twins married at the end of Twelfth Night?
2. Why is Othello summoned before the Duke of Venice for his marriage?
3. Describe Iago's revenge against Othello.
4. What wager is involved in the final part of Taming of the Shrew?
5. How does Pericles reunite with his daughter and wife at the end of the story?
6. How do Romeo and Juliet die?
7. How does Pericles lose Thaisa at sea?
8. Why does the Duke of Vienna give up power at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
9. How did Aegeon's family come together and get separated in a matter of days?
10. Why is Romeo banished from Verona?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)