|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is not killed by Hamlet?
2. Who does Orsino marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
(b) No one.
3. In Pericles, what has decimated Tarsus?
(a) A pestilence.
(b) A famine.
(c) A wildfire.
(d) An earthquake.
4. How does Romeo kill himself?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He drinks poison.
(c) He stabs himself in the heart.
(d) He leaps from a cliff.
5. What does Hamlet happen upon when he returns to Elsinore from England?
(a) Gertrude's remarriage.
(b) Claudius's coronation.
(c) Laerte's reembarking.
(d) Ophelia's funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Juliet's father betroth her to?
2. At the beginning of Taming of the Shrew, Baptista declares that Bianca shall not wed until what?
3. In All's Well That Ends Well, which of the following characters does not return to France immediately after Bertrand's marriage in Italy?
4. What does Petruchio declare he will do if he does not wed Katharine by Sunday?
5. How does Othello kill Desdemona?
Short Essay Questions
1. What challenge does Bertram make to Helena in All's Well That Ends Well?
2. How does Helena trick Bertram out of his ring in All's Well That Ends Well?
3. How does Petruchio tame Katharine on their wedding day?
4. What happens to Aegeon's lost son and servant in Comedy of Errors?
5. How does Pericles lose Thaisa at sea?
6. Why is Othello summoned before the Duke of Venice for his marriage?
7. What wager is involved in the final part of Taming of the Shrew?
8. How do Romeo and Juliet die?
9. What plot does Claudius concoct to be rid of Hamlet at the end of the story?
10. Why is Romeo banished from Verona?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)