|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Marina not killed by Dionysa's servant?
(a) She hides in a chest.
(b) She tosses away by a storm.
(c) The servant poisons himself.
(d) Pirates kidnap her.
2. At the beginning of Taming of the Shrew, Baptista declares that Bianca shall not wed until what?
(a) Until the final judgment.
(b) Until she finishes her schooling.
(c) Until Katharine weds.
(d) Until she is twenty years of age.
3. How is Laertes killed at the end of Hamlet?
(a) He is stabbed through a tapestry.
(b) He drowns in a stream behind the castle.
(c) Claudius gives him a poisoned goblet of wine.
(d) Hamlet stabs him with a poisoned rapier.
4. What does the fisherman in Comedy of Errors do with Antipholus and Dromio when they arrive in Ephesus?
(a) He puts them to work on his crew.
(b) He abandons them at a church.
(c) He adopts them.
(d) He sells them.
5. What catastrophic event befalls Aegeon's return home in his story at the beginning of Comedy of Errors?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A storm.
(c) A pirate attack.
(d) A volcanic eruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mariana's connection to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
2. Which character is not dead at the end of Othello?
3. How does Olivia respond to Viola's entreaties of Orsino's behalf in Twelfth Night?
4. What does Iago suspect Emilia of?
5. What does Angelo threaten the disguised Duke with at the end of Measure for Measure?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)