|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Romeo and Juliet separated after the street duel with Tybalt?
(a) Tybalt vows to keep him form her.
(b) Juliet is digusted with him.
(c) Romeo is injured.
(d) Romeo is banished.
2. Why is Marina not killed by Dionysa's servant?
(a) Pirates kidnap her.
(b) The servant poisons himself.
(c) She hides in a chest.
(d) She tosses away by a storm.
3. In Measure for Measure the law citizens of Vienna are constantly breaking concerns what?
(a) Drinking on the Sabbath.
(b) Brawling in the street.
(c) Charging interest.
(d) Living with unmarried women.
4. Which of the following character's is killed when Romeo and Tybalt meet in the street?
(a) Friar Lawrence.
5. At the beginning of Comedy of Errors, what does Aegeon offer for his life?
(a) A song.
(b) Fine meats.
(c) A large gem.
(d) His story.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pericles win the Thaisa's hand in marriage?
2. Who helps Helena plot her deception of Bertram in All's Well That Ends Well?
3. When does Aegeon's son ask Aegeon if he can search for his twin and mother?
4. On her second visit to Olivia in Twelfth Night, Viola protests that she will never love a what?
5. What false name does Viola take when she enters Orsino's employ in Twelfth Night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pericles end up marrying Thaisa?
2. What is the state of affairs between Ephesus and Syracuse in Comedy of Errors?
3. How does Helena become betrothed to Bertram in the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
4. Why can Orsino not woo Olivia successfully in Twelfth Night?
5. Why cannot Bianca get married in Taming of the Shrew?
6. How are both twins married at the end of Twelfth Night?
7. Why is Othello summoned before the Duke of Venice for his marriage?
8. How do Romeo and Juliet die?
9. How does Pericles lose Thaisa at sea?
10. What happens to Aegeon's lost son and servant in Comedy of Errors?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)