|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In All's Well That Ends Well, what must Helena do to gain Bertrand's hand in marriage?
(a) Find his brother's grave.
(b) Save his mother.
(c) Take his ring.
(d) Guess his true name.
2. What is Diana given at the end of All's Well That Ends Well as a reward?
(a) A large gemstone.
(b) A husband.
(c) A seat in court.
(d) A manor in Provence.
3. Where does Bertram live in Italy?
4. Where does Romeo meet Juliet after the ball where they meet?
(a) His lodging.
(b) Friar Lawrence's quarters.
(c) The Verona market.
(d) Her window.
5. Who does Olivia marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katharine do when Petruchio does not show for their wedding in Taming of the Shrew?
2. Whose shrine does Helena visit in All's Well That Ends Well?
3. How did the second set of twins in Comedy of Errors come under Aegeon's care?
4. In what fictional kingdom does Twelfth Night take place?
5. What does the jail provost send the Duke in Measure for Measure to ensure Claudio's safety?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Angelo corrupted in Measure for Measure?
2. Describe Iago's revenge against Othello.
3. How does Timon of Athens lose faith in mankind?
4. Why does Hamlet kill Polonius?
5. Why does the Duke of Vienna give up power at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
6. What challenge does Bertram make to Helena in All's Well That Ends Well?
7. In Pericles, how does Marina become a slave?
8. Why is Othello summoned before the Duke of Venice for his marriage?
9. How did Aegeon's family come together and get separated in a matter of days?
10. How does Helena become betrothed to Bertram in the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)