|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Timon of Athens, the titular character invites his friends to a what?
2. What good do Romeo and Juliet's deaths bring at the end of the story?
(a) Tybalt is released from jail.
(b) The families are reconciled.
(c) The prince declares war at an end.
(d) Benvolio marries a Capulet.
3. What does Petruchio declare he will do if he does not wed Katharine by Sunday?
(a) Leave Padua forever.
(b) Pay his competitors a years wages.
(c) Become a friar.
(d) Return his wedding garments.
4. What service does Helena do the King of France in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) She reuniteds him with his estranged daughter.
(b) She saves his son from a scorpion.
(c) She cures his illness.
(d) She brings him his favorite sweet.
5. What does Timon of Athens find while digging in the dirt?
(a) A magic stone.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A human skull.
(d) A box of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have Romeo and Juliet never met before the ball?
2. What catastrophic event befalls Aegeon's return home in his story at the beginning of Comedy of Errors?
3. Whose death is Olivia mourning at the beginning of Twelfth Night?
4. How does Roderigo assist Iago in his plotting?
5. What god's temple does Thaisa go to in Ephesus to be a priestess?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Aegeon's lost son and servant in Comedy of Errors?
2. Why is Othello summoned before the Duke of Venice for his marriage?
3. Why cannot Bianca get married in Taming of the Shrew?
4. Describe Iago's revenge against Othello.
5. How do Romeo and Juliet die?
6. How does Helena become betrothed to Bertram in the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
7. How did Aegeon's family come together and get separated in a matter of days?
8. How does Timon of Athens lose faith in mankind?
9. Why does the Duke of Vienna give up power at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
10. What does Timon do with his chest of gold at the end of his story?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)