|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Timon go to live after he abandons humanity?
(b) The desert.
(c) The woods.
(d) A remote island.
2. How long does Aegeon search for his wife and other son before coming to Ephesus?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 5 hours.
3. At the beginning of Taming of the Shrew, Baptista declares that Bianca shall not wed until what?
(a) Until Katharine weds.
(b) Until the final judgment.
(c) Until she is twenty years of age.
(d) Until she finishes her schooling.
4. How does Olivia respond to Viola's entreaties of Orsino's behalf in Twelfth Night?
(a) She falls in love with Viola.
(b) She submits wo Orsino's entreaties.
(c) She pays Viola never to return.
(d) She slaps Viola several times.
5. Who helps Helena plot her deception of Bertram in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) Diana's mother.
(b) The Duke's daughter.
(c) The pope.
(d) Bertram's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pericles win the Thaisa's hand in marriage?
2. How did the second set of twins in Comedy of Errors come under Aegeon's care?
3. How does Othello kill Desdemona?
4. How does Thaisa seemingly die in Pericles?
5. In Taming of the Shrew, why does Petruchio say Katharine should not eat on their wedding night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the opening of Twelfth Night similar to the story that begins Comedy of Errors?
2. What plot does Claudius concoct to be rid of Hamlet at the end of the story?
3. Why is Hamlet dissolute at the beginning of the story?
4. How are both twins married at the end of Twelfth Night?
5. How does Helena trick Bertram out of his ring in All's Well That Ends Well?
6. What are the marriages that end Measure for Measure?
7. How is Angelo corrupted in Measure for Measure?
8. How do Romeo and Juliet die?
9. Why does the Duke of Vienna give up power at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
10. How does Pericles reunite with his daughter and wife at the end of the story?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)