|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Juliet's father betroth her to?
2. How does Thaisa seemingly die in Pericles?
(a) She falls from a tower.
(b) She dies in childbirth.
(c) She is murdered by Antiochus's assassins.
(d) She drowns.
3. What does Pericles do with Thaisa's body after she seems to die?
(a) He tosses it in the sea.
(b) He burns it on a pyre.
(c) He buries it.
(d) He places it in a mausoleum.
4. What is Tybalt's connection to Juliet?
(a) They were once lovers.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) He is her son.
(d) She is his daughter.
5. Who does Bertrand marry at the end of All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) No one.
(b) The widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Comedy of Errors, where do the twins of Syracuse seek shelter in Ephesus?
2. Where does Bertram live in Italy?
3. What does the fisherman in Comedy of Errors do with Antipholus and Dromio when they arrive in Ephesus?
4. What request does the ghost of Hamlet's father make?
5. Which of the following characters is not related to the rest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Romeo and Juliet die?
2. How does Helena trick Bertram out of his ring in All's Well That Ends Well?
3. Describe Romeo and Juliet's meeting and courtship.
4. Why does the Duke of Vienna give up power at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
5. What is the state of affairs between Ephesus and Syracuse in Comedy of Errors?
6. Why is Romeo banished from Verona?
7. How does Pericles lose Thaisa at sea?
8. What challenge does Bertram make to Helena in All's Well That Ends Well?
9. What plot does Claudius concoct to be rid of Hamlet at the end of the story?
10. Why is Hamlet dissolute at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)