|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Olivia confuse Sebastian and Viola in Twelfth Night?
(a) They both pretent to be the same person.
(b) She never sees Sebastian's face.
(c) They are twins.
(d) She has poor eyesight.
2. What does Petruchio declare he will do if he does not wed Katharine by Sunday?
(a) Leave Padua forever.
(b) Become a friar.
(c) Pay his competitors a years wages.
(d) Return his wedding garments.
3. What is Tybalt's connection to Juliet?
(a) He is her son.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They were once lovers.
(d) She is his daughter.
4. What good do Romeo and Juliet's deaths bring at the end of the story?
(a) Tybalt is released from jail.
(b) Benvolio marries a Capulet.
(c) The families are reconciled.
(d) The prince declares war at an end.
5. Who does Bertrand marry at the end of All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) No one.
(d) The widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Timon make of Alcibiades at the end of his story?
2. What false name does Viola take when she enters Orsino's employ in Twelfth Night?
3. What is Isabel supposed to do the day she pleads to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
4. Which of the following characters is not related to the rest?
5. How does Othello kill Desdemona?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why cannot Bianca get married in Taming of the Shrew?
2. Why does the Duke of Vienna give up power at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
3. Why does Hamlet kill Polonius?
4. What is the state of affairs between Ephesus and Syracuse in Comedy of Errors?
5. How did Aegeon's family come together and get separated in a matter of days?
6. Describe Romeo and Juliet's meeting and courtship.
7. What happens to Aegeon's lost son and servant in Comedy of Errors?
8. How does Petruchio tame Katharine on their wedding day?
9. Why can Orsino not woo Olivia successfully in Twelfth Night?
10. How is the opening of Twelfth Night similar to the story that begins Comedy of Errors?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)