|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What false name does Viola take when she enters Orsino's employ in Twelfth Night?
2. Where does Timon go to live after he abandons humanity?
(a) A remote island.
(c) The desert.
(d) The woods.
3. Which character is not killed by Hamlet?
4. What does Petruchio declare he will do if he does not wed Katharine by Sunday?
(a) Leave Padua forever.
(b) Return his wedding garments.
(c) Pay his competitors a years wages.
(d) Become a friar.
5. Which character is not dead at the end of Othello?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Taming of the Shrew, why does Petruchio say Katharine should not eat on their wedding night?
2. Whose shrine does Helena visit in All's Well That Ends Well?
3. In Timon of Athens, the titular character invites his friends to a what?
4. Where does Romeo meet Juliet after the ball where they meet?
5. What is in the dishes Timon serves his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Iago's revenge against Othello.
2. What is the state of affairs between Ephesus and Syracuse in Comedy of Errors?
3. How is the opening of Twelfth Night similar to the story that begins Comedy of Errors?
4. How does Petruchio tame Katharine on their wedding day?
5. Why is Othello summoned before the Duke of Venice for his marriage?
6. What happens to Aegeon's lost son and servant in Comedy of Errors?
7. How did Aegeon's family come together and get separated in a matter of days?
8. What wager is involved in the final part of Taming of the Shrew?
9. What are the marriages that end Measure for Measure?
10. How does Helena become betrothed to Bertram in the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)