|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is not dead at the end of Othello?
2. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
(a) He owes Angelo a favor.
(b) He wants the people to fear him.
(c) He is pulling an elaborate prank.
(d) He fears he will become unpopular.
3. Why are Romeo and Juliet separated after the street duel with Tybalt?
(a) Romeo is injured.
(b) Romeo is banished.
(c) Tybalt vows to keep him form her.
(d) Juliet is digusted with him.
4. In Pericles, what has decimated Tarsus?
(a) A wildfire.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A pestilence.
(d) A famine.
5. Who does Bertrand marry at the end of All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) The widow.
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Othello kill Desdemona?
2. What is Tybalt's connection to Juliet?
3. Who fails to tell Romeo that Juliet is not actually dead?
4. On her second visit to Olivia in Twelfth Night, Viola protests that she will never love a what?
5. At the beginning of Comedy of Errors, what does Aegeon offer for his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Duke of Vienna give up power at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
2. What challenge does Bertram make to Helena in All's Well That Ends Well?
3. How is the opening of Twelfth Night similar to the story that begins Comedy of Errors?
4. Describe Iago's revenge against Othello.
5. Describe Romeo and Juliet's meeting and courtship.
6. How does Timon of Athens lose faith in mankind?
7. What happens when Viola, in disguise, goes to Olivia on Orsino's behalf?
8. How does Pericles lose Thaisa at sea?
9. What wager is involved in the final part of Taming of the Shrew?
10. What happens to Aegeon's lost son and servant in Comedy of Errors?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)