|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the fisherman in Comedy of Errors do with Antipholus and Dromio when they arrive in Ephesus?
(a) He sells them.
(b) He abandons them at a church.
(c) He puts them to work on his crew.
(d) He adopts them.
2. How does Roderigo assist Iago in his plotting?
(a) He fetches the handkerchief,
(b) He bankrolls it.
(c) He kills Brabantio.
(d) He seduces Desdemona.
3. How does Othello die?
(a) He falls on his sword.
(b) He perishes in a fire.
(c) Iago kills him.
(d) He is executed by the Venetian state.
4. What keepsake does Iago use to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A garland.
(c) A sealed letter.
(d) A gown.
5. Which of the following characters is not related to the rest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Diana given at the end of All's Well That Ends Well as a reward?
2. How does Romeo gain entrance to the Capulets' ball?
3. Why are Romeo and Juliet separated after the street duel with Tybalt?
4. In Comedy of Errors, how can a merchant from Syracuse avoid death in Ephesus?
5. How is Viola's work with Orsino immediately complicated in Twelfth Night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the marriages that end Measure for Measure?
2. How does Timon of Athens lose faith in mankind?
3. How does Helena trick Bertram out of his ring in All's Well That Ends Well?
4. Why does the Duke of Vienna give up power at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
5. How are both twins married at the end of Twelfth Night?
6. Why is Hamlet dissolute at the beginning of the story?
7. How does Helena become betrothed to Bertram in the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
8. How did Aegeon's family come together and get separated in a matter of days?
9. How does Pericles end up marrying Thaisa?
10. What happens when Viola, in disguise, goes to Olivia on Orsino's behalf?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)