|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Romeo meet Juliet after the ball where they meet?
(a) Friar Lawrence's quarters.
(b) The Verona market.
(c) His lodging.
(d) Her window.
2. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
(a) He owes Angelo a favor.
(b) He wants the people to fear him.
(c) He fears he will become unpopular.
(d) He is pulling an elaborate prank.
3. Why have Romeo and Juliet never met before the ball?
(a) Romeo has been at university.
(b) They are from different towns.
(c) Juliet was never allowed to leave her family's estate.
(d) Their families are feuding.
4. In All's Well That Ends Well, what must Helena do to gain Bertrand's hand in marriage?
(a) Save his mother.
(b) Take his ring.
(c) Find his brother's grave.
(d) Guess his true name.
5. What happens to Timon when he asks his friends for money?
(a) They loan it to him with interest.
(b) They pretend not to know him.
(c) They give it to him without strings.
(d) They refuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disguise does the Duke maintain while Angelo is in power in Measure for Measure?
2. What false name does Viola take when she enters Orsino's employ in Twelfth Night?
3. Where does Timon go to live after he abandons humanity?
4. What is Mariana's connection to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
5. How does Romeo kill himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why cannot Bianca get married in Taming of the Shrew?
2. How does Helena become betrothed to Bertram in the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
3. In Pericles, how does Marina become a slave?
4. What are the marriages that end Measure for Measure?
5. What does Timon do with his chest of gold at the end of his story?
6. What challenge does Bertram make to Helena in All's Well That Ends Well?
7. What plot does Claudius concoct to be rid of Hamlet at the end of the story?
8. Why is Romeo banished from Verona?
9. How did Aegeon's family come together and get separated in a matter of days?
10. How does Pericles lose Thaisa at sea?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)