|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Othello, where does Othello's army travel to defeat the Turks?
2. How is Viola's work with Orsino immediately complicated in Twelfth Night?
(a) She accidentally kills his favorite bird.
(b) She discovers that he knows Sebastian.
(c) She learns of his affair with a distant princess.
(d) She falls in love with him.
3. In Comedy of Errors, where do the twins of Syracuse seek shelter in Ephesus?
(a) A workshop.
(b) A convent.
(c) An embassy.
(d) A cathedral.
4. Why does Pericles have to flee Greece at the beginning of the story?
(a) The emperor is threatening his life.
(b) His army has been called overseas.
(c) His wife is in peril.
(d) A dream has commanded him to do so.
5. What self-destructive habit does Timon of Athens have at the beginning of his story?
(b) Sleeping late.
(c) Wasting money.
(d) Drinking to excess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What false name does Viola take when she enters Orsino's employ in Twelfth Night?
2. Why does Olivia confuse Sebastian and Viola in Twelfth Night?
3. How is Laertes killed at the end of Hamlet?
4. What disguise does the Duke maintain while Angelo is in power in Measure for Measure?
5. What does Pericles do with Thaisa's body after she seems to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why cannot Bianca get married in Taming of the Shrew?
2. How did Aegeon's family come together and get separated in a matter of days?
3. How does Pericles lose Thaisa at sea?
4. What are the marriages that end Measure for Measure?
5. Why is Romeo banished from Verona?
6. How is the opening of Twelfth Night similar to the story that begins Comedy of Errors?
7. How do Romeo and Juliet die?
8. How does Pericles reunite with his daughter and wife at the end of the story?
9. How are both twins married at the end of Twelfth Night?
10. In Pericles, how does Marina become a slave?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)