|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Timon of Athens, the titular character invites his friends to a what?
2. What is Isabel supposed to do the day she pleads to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
(a) Leave for Venice.
(b) Get married.
(c) Bury her father.
(d) Enter a convent.
3. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
(a) He wants the people to fear him.
(b) He owes Angelo a favor.
(c) He fears he will become unpopular.
(d) He is pulling an elaborate prank.
4. How does Olivia respond to Viola's entreaties of Orsino's behalf in Twelfth Night?
(a) She submits wo Orsino's entreaties.
(b) She pays Viola never to return.
(c) She slaps Viola several times.
(d) She falls in love with Viola.
5. Which of the following is Iago's reason for wanting to destroy Othello?
(a) He does not think a Moor should be a general.
(b) He is in love with Desdemona.
(c) He wants to live in Othello's manor.
(d) He was passed over for a promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death is Olivia mourning at the beginning of Twelfth Night?
2. What service does Helena do the King of France in All's Well That Ends Well?
3. Who fails to tell Romeo that Juliet is not actually dead?
4. Whose shrine does Helena visit in All's Well That Ends Well?
5. Which character is not dead at the end of Othello?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the marriages that end Measure for Measure?
2. Why is Hamlet dissolute at the beginning of the story?
3. In Pericles, how does Marina become a slave?
4. What does Timon do with his chest of gold at the end of his story?
5. What challenge does Bertram make to Helena in All's Well That Ends Well?
6. Describe Iago's revenge against Othello.
7. How does Pericles reunite with his daughter and wife at the end of the story?
8. What wager is involved in the final part of Taming of the Shrew?
9. Describe Romeo and Juliet's meeting and courtship.
10. What is the state of affairs between Ephesus and Syracuse in Comedy of Errors?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)