|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Comedy of Errors, how can a merchant from Syracuse avoid death in Ephesus?
(a) Marry a local girl.
(b) Pay a thousand marks.
(c) Reveal a state secret.
(d) Swear fealty to Ephesus.
2. For how long will the potion given Juliet keep her in a state of apparent death?
(a) A month.
(b) One week.
(c) 42 hours.
(d) Three months.
3. Who acts as go-between for Othello's wooing of Desdemona?
4. Whose shrine does Helena visit in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) St. Thomas au Beckett.
(b) St. Jacques le Grande.
(c) St. Bernadette.
(d) St. Joan.
5. Why is Marina not killed by Dionysa's servant?
(a) Pirates kidnap her.
(b) The servant poisons himself.
(c) She tosses away by a storm.
(d) She hides in a chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Petruchio declare he will do if he does not wed Katharine by Sunday?
2. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
3. Which character is not killed by Hamlet?
4. Why does Pericles have to flee Greece at the beginning of the story?
5. In what fictional kingdom does Twelfth Night take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Romeo and Juliet die?
2. In Pericles, how does Marina become a slave?
3. What is the state of affairs between Ephesus and Syracuse in Comedy of Errors?
4. Why can Orsino not woo Olivia successfully in Twelfth Night?
5. Why is Othello summoned before the Duke of Venice for his marriage?
6. How is Angelo corrupted in Measure for Measure?
7. How does Pericles end up marrying Thaisa?
8. How does Timon of Athens lose faith in mankind?
9. How does Pericles reunite with his daughter and wife at the end of the story?
10. What happens to Aegeon's lost son and servant in Comedy of Errors?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)