|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the jail provost send the Duke in Measure for Measure to ensure Claudio's safety?
(a) A key.
(b) A human head.
(c) A jailer's bond.
(d) A hundred ducats.
2. Why is Marina not killed by Dionysa's servant?
(a) Pirates kidnap her.
(b) She tosses away by a storm.
(c) She hides in a chest.
(d) The servant poisons himself.
3. In Comedy of Errors, how can a merchant from Syracuse avoid death in Ephesus?
(a) Reveal a state secret.
(b) Swear fealty to Ephesus.
(c) Marry a local girl.
(d) Pay a thousand marks.
4. When does Aegeon's son ask Aegeon if he can search for his twin and mother?
(a) When they arrive at Ephesus.
(b) When he is about to be married.
(c) When he turns 18.
(d) When they emerge from the storm.
5. Who does Juliet's father betroth her to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What catastrophic event befalls Aegeon's return home in his story at the beginning of Comedy of Errors?
2. Why does Bertram think he is within his rights to propose to Diana in All's Well That Ends Well?
3. How long does Aegeon search for his wife and other son before coming to Ephesus?
4. Who does Bertrand marry at the end of All's Well That Ends Well?
5. Which of the following characters is not related to the rest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hamlet kill Polonius?
2. What happens to Aegeon's lost son and servant in Comedy of Errors?
3. Why cannot Bianca get married in Taming of the Shrew?
4. How does Helena become betrothed to Bertram in the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
5. How does Helena trick Bertram out of his ring in All's Well That Ends Well?
6. How does Pericles end up marrying Thaisa?
7. How does Timon of Athens lose faith in mankind?
8. Why is Hamlet dissolute at the beginning of the story?
9. What plot does Claudius concoct to be rid of Hamlet at the end of the story?
10. Why is Romeo banished from Verona?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)