|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who acts as go-between for Othello's wooing of Desdemona?
2. What is Tybalt's connection to Juliet?
(a) He is her son.
(b) They were once lovers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) She is his daughter.
3. For how long will the potion given Juliet keep her in a state of apparent death?
(a) 42 hours.
(b) Three months.
(c) One week.
(d) A month.
4. What self-destructive habit does Timon of Athens have at the beginning of his story?
(a) Wasting money.
(b) Drinking to excess.
(c) Sleeping late.
5. Who tries to warn Timon of his bad habits?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(d) His servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What catastrophic event befalls Aegeon's return home in his story at the beginning of Comedy of Errors?
2. Who does Juliet's father betroth her to?
3. How is Laertes killed at the end of Hamlet?
4. What does Angelo threaten the disguised Duke with at the end of Measure for Measure?
5. Who does Orsino marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Romeo banished from Verona?
2. What are the marriages that end Measure for Measure?
3. What challenge does Bertram make to Helena in All's Well That Ends Well?
4. How does Helena trick Bertram out of his ring in All's Well That Ends Well?
5. Describe Iago's revenge against Othello.
6. How is the opening of Twelfth Night similar to the story that begins Comedy of Errors?
7. How does Helena become betrothed to Bertram in the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
8. Why is Hamlet dissolute at the beginning of the story?
9. Why is Othello summoned before the Duke of Venice for his marriage?
10. How does Timon of Athens lose faith in mankind?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)