|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Othello kill Desdemona?
(a) He throws he from a battlement.
(b) He stabs her.
(c) He smothers her.
(d) He sets fire to her bedchamber.
2. What is Sebastian doing the last time Voila sees him in the shipwreck in Twelfth Night?
(a) Clinging to the mast.
(b) Swimming to shore.
(c) Sinking below the waves.
(d) Huddling in a lifeboat.
3. Who wins the wager at the end of the Taming of the Shrew?
4. What does the jail provost send the Duke in Measure for Measure to ensure Claudio's safety?
(a) A key.
(b) A jailer's bond.
(c) A hundred ducats.
(d) A human head.
5. When does Aegeon's son ask Aegeon if he can search for his twin and mother?
(a) When they arrive at Ephesus.
(b) When he turns 18.
(c) When they emerge from the storm.
(d) When he is about to be married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to warn Timon of his bad habits?
2. In Comedy of Errors, how can a merchant from Syracuse avoid death in Ephesus?
3. Which character is not dead at the end of Othello?
4. On her second visit to Olivia in Twelfth Night, Viola protests that she will never love a what?
5. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pericles reunite with his daughter and wife at the end of the story?
2. Describe Romeo and Juliet's meeting and courtship.
3. How does Pericles end up marrying Thaisa?
4. Why is Othello summoned before the Duke of Venice for his marriage?
5. Why is Romeo banished from Verona?
6. How does Timon of Athens lose faith in mankind?
7. What does Timon do with his chest of gold at the end of his story?
8. How did Aegeon's family come together and get separated in a matter of days?
9. What happens when Viola, in disguise, goes to Olivia on Orsino's behalf?
10. How does Pericles lose Thaisa at sea?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)