|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Duke claim he is going at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
2. Who does Orsino marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
(a) No one.
3. What does the King of France give Helena her choice of in All's Well That Ends Well?
(b) Manor houses.
4. What false name does Viola take when she enters Orsino's employ in Twelfth Night?
5. How does Roderigo assist Iago in his plotting?
(a) He seduces Desdemona.
(b) He fetches the handkerchief,
(c) He bankrolls it.
(d) He kills Brabantio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pericles go to Ephesus at the end of the story?
2. Where does Romeo meet Juliet after the ball where they meet?
3. Where does Timon go to live after he abandons humanity?
4. Why is Bertram called back to court at the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
5. Who wins the wager at the end of the Taming of the Shrew?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the opening of Twelfth Night similar to the story that begins Comedy of Errors?
2. Why cannot Bianca get married in Taming of the Shrew?
3. Why is Othello summoned before the Duke of Venice for his marriage?
4. What does Timon do with his chest of gold at the end of his story?
5. Why does Hamlet kill Polonius?
6. How does Pericles lose Thaisa at sea?
7. How does Pericles end up marrying Thaisa?
8. How does Helena trick Bertram out of his ring in All's Well That Ends Well?
9. What challenge does Bertram make to Helena in All's Well That Ends Well?
10. What plot does Claudius concoct to be rid of Hamlet at the end of the story?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)