|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In All's Well That Ends Well, what is Helena's father's profession?
2. What does the jail provost send the Duke in Measure for Measure to ensure Claudio's safety?
(a) A key.
(b) A human head.
(c) A hundred ducats.
(d) A jailer's bond.
3. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
(a) He fears he will become unpopular.
(b) He wants the people to fear him.
(c) He is pulling an elaborate prank.
(d) He owes Angelo a favor.
4. In Othello, where does Othello's army travel to defeat the Turks?
5. How does Othello kill Desdemona?
(a) He stabs her.
(b) He smothers her.
(c) He sets fire to her bedchamber.
(d) He throws he from a battlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bertrand marry at the end of All's Well That Ends Well?
2. What disguise does the Duke maintain while Angelo is in power in Measure for Measure?
3. How does Antipholus of Syracuse attempt to show his appreciation to the duke at the end of Comedy of Errors?
4. What keepsake does Iago use to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
5. Why does Pericles have to flee Greece at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helena trick Bertram out of his ring in All's Well That Ends Well?
2. How does Helena become betrothed to Bertram in the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
3. How did Aegeon's family come together and get separated in a matter of days?
4. What challenge does Bertram make to Helena in All's Well That Ends Well?
5. Describe Romeo and Juliet's meeting and courtship.
6. How do Romeo and Juliet die?
7. Why does Hamlet kill Polonius?
8. What happens when Viola, in disguise, goes to Olivia on Orsino's behalf?
9. Describe Iago's revenge against Othello.
10. Why can Orsino not woo Olivia successfully in Twelfth Night?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)