|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Petruchio declare he will do if he does not wed Katharine by Sunday?
(a) Return his wedding garments.
(b) Pay his competitors a years wages.
(c) Become a friar.
(d) Leave Padua forever.
2. What rank has Cassio recently attained at the beginning of Othello?
3. How does Romeo gain entrance to the Capulets' ball?
(a) He is masked.
(b) He sneaks through a window protage.
(c) He stays in the outer courtyard.
(d) He claims to be a distant cousin.
4. Where does Romeo meet Juliet after the ball where they meet?
(a) The Verona market.
(b) His lodging.
(c) Her window.
(d) Friar Lawrence's quarters.
5. In what fictional kingdom does Twelfth Night take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sebastian doing the last time Voila sees him in the shipwreck in Twelfth Night?
2. Why does Bertram think he is within his rights to propose to Diana in All's Well That Ends Well?
3. How does Romeo kill himself?
4. What punishment is Claudio facing for seduction in Measure for Measure?
5. What does Katharine do when Petruchio does not show for their wedding in Taming of the Shrew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Viola, in disguise, goes to Olivia on Orsino's behalf?
2. Why is Hamlet dissolute at the beginning of the story?
3. How does Helena trick Bertram out of his ring in All's Well That Ends Well?
4. How does Pericles lose Thaisa at sea?
5. How do Romeo and Juliet die?
6. Why cannot Bianca get married in Taming of the Shrew?
7. How does Pericles end up marrying Thaisa?
8. What plot does Claudius concoct to be rid of Hamlet at the end of the story?
9. Why can Orsino not woo Olivia successfully in Twelfth Night?
10. How is Angelo corrupted in Measure for Measure?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)