|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Kent take to follow Lear in disguise?
2. Who constantly torments Caliban at the beginning of The Tempest?
3. At the end of As You Like It, whom does the duke's brother meet as he enters the forest to kill him?
(a) A greek goddess.
(b) A beautiful maid.
(c) A hermit.
(d) A bear.
4. How does Prospero bring his enemies to the island in The Tempest?
(a) A storm.
(b) A siren's song.
(c) A transporting spell.
(d) A steady wind.
5. Which of the following characters does not die at the end of King Lear?
Short Answer Questions
1. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
2. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
3. What is Edmund's brother's name?
4. In Cymbeline, why does the King raise Posthumus?
5. How is Silvia related to the Duke of Milan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Valentine offer Silvia to Proteus at the end of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
2. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, how does Oberon change the hearts of the Athenian youths?
3. How are Cordelia and Lear reunited?
4. How does Oliver try to kill Orlando in As You Like It?
5. How does Valentine becomes the leader of bandits in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
6. Describe the interaction between Prospero and his enemies on the island at the end of The Tempest.
7. What bad decision does Antonio make regarding borrowing money in Merchant of Venice?
8. Why does Macbeth kill Banquo?
9. How does Lady Macbeth convince Macbeth to kill Duncan?
10. How does Proteus betray his friend Valentine in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)