|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Silvia related to the Duke of Milan?
(a) She is his daughter.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his wife.
(d) She is his aunt.
2. What does the wicked queen tell Pisanio the vial of potion she gives him is?
(a) A liquour.
(b) A poison.
(c) A cordial.
(d) A tonic.
3. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
4. Lying to his father in Two Gentlemen of Verona, Proteus says his letter from Julia is from whom?
(c) The duke of Milan.
5. What role does Ariel take on the island in The Tempest?
(a) Prospero's assistant.
(b) Caliban's accomplice.
(c) Sycorax's suitor.
(d) Miranda's ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prospero bring his enemies to the island in The Tempest?
2. What is the root of Oberon and Titania's feud in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. What is Edmund's brother's name?
4. What good news does Antonio learn after winning his case against Shylock?
5. How does Lady Macbeth convince her husband to kill Duncan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Posthumus return to Britain at the end of Cymbeline?
2. Why does Macbeth kill Banquo?
3. What bad decision does Antonio make regarding borrowing money in Merchant of Venice?
4. What is the rift in the spirit room at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
5. How does Portia save Antonio's life in Merchant of Venice?
6. Why does Belarius think Imogen is dead in Cymbeline?
7. How does Lady Macbeth convince Macbeth to kill Duncan?
8. How do Antonio and Shylock lend money differently in Merchant of Venice?
9. How is Paulita saved from death at a young age in The Winter's Tale?
10. Describe the interaction between Prospero and his enemies on the island at the end of The Tempest.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)