|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He loves SIlvia too.
(b) He has sworn feelty to the duke.
(c) He does no know the duke has other plans for Silvia.
(d) He intends to help them leave Milan.
2. The ghost of which character appears at Macbeth's banquet?
(a) Lady Macduff.
(d) The thane of Cawdor.
3. What is Edmund's brother's name?
4. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He needs to pay off gambling debts.
(b) He wants to buy land in the country.
(c) He wants to start a shipping business.
(d) He wants to marry a wealthy heiress.
5. How does Valentine meet Silvia in the wood in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) She fights of wolves for her.
(b) He treats a spider bite for her.
(c) He saves her from bandits.
(d) He pulls her from a trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Cymbeline, why does the King raise Posthumus?
2. When does Sycorax die in The Tempest?
3. Who concocts the scheme to marry Beatrice and Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing?
4. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, what penalty does Hermia face if she refuses he father's choice of marriage?
5. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Aegeon's family come together and get separated in a matter of days?
2. At the end of As You Like It, what happy news arrives concerning the banished duke?
3. Why does Belarius think Imogen is dead in Cymbeline?
4. Describe the interaction between Prospero and his enemies on the island at the end of The Tempest.
5. How is Angelo corrupted in Measure for Measure?
6. Why is Cordelia banished at the beginning of King Lear?
7. How do Romeo and Juliet die?
8. How does Proteus betray his friend Valentine in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
9. How does Posthumus return to Britain at the end of Cymbeline?
10. Why is Othello summoned before the Duke of Venice for his marriage?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)