|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Valentine meet Silvia in the wood in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He treats a spider bite for her.
(b) She fights of wolves for her.
(c) He saves her from bandits.
(d) He pulls her from a trap.
2. Why do Belarius, Polydore and Cadwal leave Imogen in the woods?
(a) They think she is dead.
(b) They think she is an assassin.
(c) They believe she is a wood sprite.
(d) They want to keep her safe from scouts.
3. At the beginning of King Lear, Cordelia says she loves her father to what extent?
(a) As much as she loves her husband.
(b) As much as her duty says.
(c) As much as a ll the world combined.
(d) As much as her life.
4. Who marries Cordelia at the beginning of King Lear?
(a) The King of Padua.
(b) The King of Spain.
(c) The King of Milan.
(d) The King of France.
5. In King Lear, Edmund is the bastard son of what earl?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not die at the end of King Lear?
2. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
3. In Merchant of Venice, how does Shylock make money as a usurer?
4. What does Hermione disguise herself as at the end of The Winter's Tale?
5. Lying to his father in Two Gentlemen of Verona, Proteus says his letter from Julia is from whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Belarius think Imogen is dead in Cymbeline?
2. Why is Cordelia banished at the beginning of King Lear?
3. How does Proteus betray his friend Valentine in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
4. Why is Posthumus banished at the beginning of Cymbeline?
5. Who does Valentine offer Silvia to Proteus at the end of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
6. In The Tempest, how does Prospero bring his enemies to the island?
7. How does Oliver try to kill Orlando in As You Like It?
8. Why does Macbeth kill Banquo?
9. How do Antonio and Shylock lend money differently in Merchant of Venice?
10. Describe the interaction between Prospero and his enemies on the island at the end of The Tempest.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)