|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Much Ado About Nothing, Hero pretends to be her own what?
2. Who marries Cordelia at the beginning of King Lear?
(a) The King of Milan.
(b) The King of Spain.
(c) The King of France.
(d) The King of Padua.
3. Why does Macduff not pertain to the prophecy the witches give Macbeth?
(a) He was born prematurely.
(b) He was cut from his mother's womb.
(c) He never knew his mother.
(d) He was a breach birth.
4. Who constantly torments Caliban at the beginning of The Tempest?
5. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
(b) The duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does Antonio learn after winning his case against Shylock?
2. At the beginning of King Lear, Cordelia says she loves her father to what extent?
3. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
4. How is Silvia related to the Duke of Milan?
5. What item does Iachomo want to gain from Posthumus when they meet in Cymbeline?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Claudio think Hero is cheating on him in Much Ado About Nothing?
2. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, how does Oberon change the hearts of the Athenian youths?
3. What bad decision does Antonio make regarding borrowing money in Merchant of Venice?
4. What plot does Claudius concoct to be rid of Hamlet at the end of the story?
5. Describe Romeo and Juliet's meeting and courtship.
6. How is Paulita saved from death at a young age in The Winter's Tale?
7. Why is Othello summoned before the Duke of Venice for his marriage?
8. How does Prospero find Ariel in The Tempest?
9. How do Romeo and Juliet die?
10. Describe the interaction between Prospero and his enemies on the island at the end of The Tempest.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)