|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request does Beatrice make of Benedick after Hero's honor is questioned?
(a) That he leave Messina.
(b) That he kill Claudio.
(c) That he marry her.
(d) That he prove Hero's innocence.
2. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
(a) Macbeth will be the thane of Cawdor.
(b) Banquo's children will be kings.
(c) Macbeth will be king.
(d) Banquo will be killed.
3. How does Lady Macbeth convince her husband to kill Duncan?
(a) She threatens to do it herself.
(b) She calls him a coward.
(c) She reminds him he will be king.
(d) She uses reverse psychology.
4. In King Lear, Edmund is the bastard son of what earl?
5. How is Silvia related to the Duke of Milan?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his wife.
(d) She is his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Camillo offer to marry Perdita and Florizel to avoid Leontes' wrath in The Winter's Tale?
2. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
3. In Merchant of Venice, how does Shylock make money as a usurer?
4. In whose clothes is Margaret dressed as part of the devious plot in Much Ado About Nothing?
5. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
Short Essay Questions
1. In The Tempest, how does Prospero bring his enemies to the island?
2. How are Hero and Claudio reunited at the end of Much Ado About Nothing?
3. In The Winter's Tale, how does Paulita convince the king of Bohemia to let her marry his son?
4. How does Posthumus return to Britain at the end of Cymbeline?
5. Why does Belarius think Imogen is dead in Cymbeline?
6. How does Lady Macbeth convince Macbeth to kill Duncan?
7. How does Oliver try to kill Orlando in As You Like It?
8. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, how does Oberon change the hearts of the Athenian youths?
9. What is Don Pedro's attitude to Beatrice and Benedick at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
10. How are Cordelia and Lear reunited?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)