Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
(a) The prince-regent of England.
(b) The king of Naples.
(c) The Pope.
(d) A duke of Milan.
2. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he show them the way out of the wood.
(b) That he be their leader.
(c) That he give them all his gold.
(d) That he deliver a message to the duke.
3. In Much Ado About Nothing, what does Hero do when accused of infidelity?
(a) She faints.
(b) She admits to it.
(c) She slaps Don Pedro.
(d) She storms out.
4. What does Prospero do to Antonio when the two meet at the end of The Tempest?
(a) He marries him to Miranda.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He forgives him.
(d) He imprisons him in a tree.
5. What does Portia disguise herself as at the end of Merchant of Venice?
(a) A queen.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
2. What do Orlando and the disguised Rosaline discuss when they meet in Arden?
3. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
4. What does Rosalind give Orlando when she first meets him?
5. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plot does Claudius concoct to be rid of Hamlet at the end of the story?
2. Why does Hamlet kill Polonius?
3. How are Orlando and Oliver reconciled in As You Like It?
4. How does Prospero find Ariel in The Tempest?
5. How are Hero and Claudio reunited at the end of Much Ado About Nothing?
6. How does Portia save Antonio's life in Merchant of Venice?
7. What is Don Pedro's attitude to Beatrice and Benedick at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
8. What is the state of affairs between Ephesus and Syracuse in Comedy of Errors?
9. Why is Cordelia banished at the beginning of King Lear?
10. What are the marriages that end Measure for Measure?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)