|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of King Lear, Cordelia says she loves her father to what extent?
(a) As much as a ll the world combined.
(b) As much as she loves her husband.
(c) As much as her life.
(d) As much as her duty says.
2. Where do Belarius and her two brothers, Polydore and Cadwal, live?
(a) A hovel.
(b) A ship's hull.
(c) A castle.
(d) A cave.
3. Where does Camillo offer to marry Perdita and Florizel to avoid Leontes' wrath in The Winter's Tale?
4. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
(a) His fool.
(b) His knights.
(c) His jewels.
(d) His lodging.
5. Who is the second human Miranda meets in The Tempest?
Short Answer Questions
1. In King Lear, Edmund is the bastard son of what earl?
2. How does Julia respond to Valentine's offering of Silvia to Proteus?
3. What act of fidelity do Julia and Proteus commit when parting ways at the the beginning of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
4. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
5. What relative does Lysander plan to flee to with his beloved in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Hero and Claudio reunited at the end of Much Ado About Nothing?
2. What is the rift in the spirit room at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. Why does Macbeth kill Banquo?
4. How does Prospero find Ariel in The Tempest?
5. Why is Posthumus banished at the beginning of Cymbeline?
6. How does Leontes respond to his new daughter at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
7. Why does Kent have to disguise himself to follow King Lear?
8. How are Orlando and Oliver reconciled in As You Like It?
9. How does Portia save Antonio's life in Merchant of Venice?
10. Who does Valentine offer Silvia to Proteus at the end of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)