|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not die at the end of King Lear?
2. In The Winter's Tale, Polixenes is the king of what kingdom?
3. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
(a) The Pope.
(b) A duke of Milan.
(c) The king of Naples.
(d) The prince-regent of England.
4. Who constantly torments Caliban at the beginning of The Tempest?
5. Where does Iachomo tell Pisanio to kill Imogen in Cymbeline?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
2. What name does Kent take to follow Lear in disguise?
3. In The Winter's Tale, what is Florizel when he first sees Perdita?
4. In As You Like it, how does Oliver plan to kill Orlando after his initial plan fails?
5. Who is the beggar whose hovel Lear sleeps in during the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Romeo and Juliet's meeting and courtship.
2. Why is Posthumus banished at the beginning of Cymbeline?
3. How does Valentine becomes the leader of bandits in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
4. In The Winter's Tale, how does Paulita convince the king of Bohemia to let her marry his son?
5. How does Pericles reunite with his daughter and wife at the end of the story?
6. How does Helena trick Bertram out of his ring in All's Well That Ends Well?
7. How does Helena become betrothed to Bertram in the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
8. What bad decision does Antonio make regarding borrowing money in Merchant of Venice?
9. Why does Kent have to disguise himself to follow King Lear?
10. How does Lady Macbeth convince Macbeth to kill Duncan?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)