|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Macduff not pertain to the prophecy the witches give Macbeth?
(a) He was cut from his mother's womb.
(b) He never knew his mother.
(c) He was born prematurely.
(d) He was a breach birth.
2. What does Prospero do to Antonio when the two meet at the end of The Tempest?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He imprisons him in a tree.
(c) He forgives him.
(d) He marries him to Miranda.
3. In King Lear, Edmund is the bastard son of what earl?
4. Which character does Nerissa fall in love with in Merchant of Venice?
5. Who marries Cordelia at the beginning of King Lear?
(a) The King of Padua.
(b) The King of Spain.
(c) The King of France.
(d) The King of Milan.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of As You Like It, whom does the duke's brother meet as he enters the forest to kill him?
2. In Merchant of Venice, how does Shylock make money as a usurer?
3. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
4. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
5. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the rift in the spirit room at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
2. How does Valentine becomes the leader of bandits in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
3. How does Portia save Antonio's life in Merchant of Venice?
4. How does Proteus betray his friend Valentine in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
5. At the end of As You Like It, what happy news arrives concerning the banished duke?
6. How does Leontes respond to his new daughter at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
7. How is Paulita saved from death at a young age in The Winter's Tale?
8. What bad decision does Antonio make regarding borrowing money in Merchant of Venice?
9. Why does Claudio think Hero is cheating on him in Much Ado About Nothing?
10. What is Don Pedro's attitude to Beatrice and Benedick at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)