|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Edmund's brother's name?
2. In Merchant of Venice, why can Antonio not pay his bond to Shylock?
(a) His lands are seized by the state.
(b) His crops whither.
(c) His ships sink.
(d) His father recovers his health.
3. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he show them the way out of the wood.
(b) That he give them all his gold.
(c) That he be their leader.
(d) That he deliver a message to the duke.
4. Who is the second human Miranda meets in The Tempest?
5. In As You Like it, how does Oliver plan to kill Orlando after his initial plan fails?
(a) He will burn him in his bed.
(b) He will stab him at the church.
(c) He will poison his brandywine.
(d) He will throw him from his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
2. In Merchant of Venice, how does Shylock make money as a usurer?
3. What request does Beatrice make of Benedick after Hero's honor is questioned?
4. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
5. In The Winter's Tale, Polixenes is the king of what kingdom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Macbeth kill Banquo?
2. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, how does Oberon change the hearts of the Athenian youths?
3. How does Leontes respond to his new daughter at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
4. Who does Valentine offer Silvia to Proteus at the end of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
5. How do Antonio and Shylock lend money differently in Merchant of Venice?
6. What is the problem among the young lovers at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
7. Describe the interaction between Prospero and his enemies on the island at the end of The Tempest.
8. How does Oliver try to kill Orlando in As You Like It?
9. Why does Claudio think Hero is cheating on him in Much Ado About Nothing?
10. How does Proteus betray his friend Valentine in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)