|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Prospero release from servitude at the end of The Tempest?
2. What news does the wicked Queen tell the King at the beginning of Cymbeline?
(a) Imogen is not his true daughter.
(b) Posthumus attempted to ravish her.
(c) There is a poisoner in the court.
(d) Imogen and Posthumus are married.
3. At the end of As You Like It, whom does the duke's brother meet as he enters the forest to kill him?
(a) A greek goddess.
(b) A bear.
(c) A hermit.
(d) A beautiful maid.
4. What wild animal kill Antigones in The Winter's Tale?
(a) A shark.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A hawk.
5. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he give them all his gold.
(b) That he deliver a message to the duke.
(c) That he be their leader.
(d) That he show them the way out of the wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione disguise herself as at the end of The Winter's Tale?
2. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, what penalty does Hermia face if she refuses he father's choice of marriage?
3. What request does Beatrice make of Benedick after Hero's honor is questioned?
4. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
5. In Cymbeline, why does the King raise Posthumus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kent have to disguise himself to follow King Lear?
2. Why is Posthumus banished at the beginning of Cymbeline?
3. How does Leontes respond to his new daughter at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
4. How does Prospero find Ariel in The Tempest?
5. Who does Valentine offer Silvia to Proteus at the end of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
6. Under what circumstances does Lear go mad?
7. Why is Cordelia banished at the beginning of King Lear?
8. How are Hero and Claudio reunited at the end of Much Ado About Nothing?
9. What is the rift in the spirit room at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
10. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, how does Oberon change the hearts of the Athenian youths?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)