|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Nerissa fall in love with in Merchant of Venice?
2. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
(a) He wants to show Shylock he is not afraid.
(b) He knows no court will honor it.
(c) He does not read the full bond.
(d) He assumes it is a jest.
3. What two dangerous animals does Orlando save Oliver from in As You Like It?
(a) An eagle and a shark.
(b) A lion and a snake.
(c) A wolf and a scorpion.
(d) A bear and a tarantula.
4. Who does Prospero release from servitude at the end of The Tempest?
5. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
(b) The duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second human Miranda meets in The Tempest?
2. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
3. In what state does Cordelia's army find the mad Lear?
4. At the beginning of King Lear, Cordelia says she loves her father to what extent?
5. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Claudio think Hero is cheating on him in Much Ado About Nothing?
2. How does Lady Macbeth convince Macbeth to kill Duncan?
3. How does Proteus betray his friend Valentine in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
4. In The Winter's Tale, how does Paulita convince the king of Bohemia to let her marry his son?
5. Why does Kent have to disguise himself to follow King Lear?
6. In The Tempest, how does Prospero bring his enemies to the island?
7. How are Hero and Claudio reunited at the end of Much Ado About Nothing?
8. How does Valentine becomes the leader of bandits in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
9. What is the problem among the young lovers at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
10. Who does Valentine offer Silvia to Proteus at the end of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)