|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
(a) He assumes it is a jest.
(b) He wants to show Shylock he is not afraid.
(c) He knows no court will honor it.
(d) He does not read the full bond.
2. Where does Camillo offer to marry Perdita and Florizel to avoid Leontes' wrath in The Winter's Tale?
3. What is Edmund's brother's name?
4. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
(a) Macbeth will be the thane of Cawdor.
(b) Banquo will be killed.
(c) Banquo's children will be kings.
(d) Macbeth will be king.
5. In whose clothes is Margaret dressed as part of the devious plot in Much Ado About Nothing?
(c) Don Pedro's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the juice of the purple flower do to people in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
2. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, what penalty does Hermia face if she refuses he father's choice of marriage?
3. What request does Beatrice make of Benedick after Hero's honor is questioned?
4. What wild animal kill Antigones in The Winter's Tale?
5. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pericles lose Thaisa at sea?
2. How are both twins married at the end of Twelfth Night?
3. Describe the interaction between Prospero and his enemies on the island at the end of The Tempest.
4. How does Valentine becomes the leader of bandits in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
5. What wager is involved in the final part of Taming of the Shrew?
6. Why is Othello summoned before the Duke of Venice for his marriage?
7. How does Leontes respond to his new daughter at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
8. Why is Hamlet dissolute at the beginning of the story?
9. Why can Orsino not woo Olivia successfully in Twelfth Night?
10. Why does the Duke of Vienna give up power at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)