|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
(a) Riding a horse.
2. In whose clothes is Margaret dressed as part of the devious plot in Much Ado About Nothing?
(b) Don Pedro's.
3. Who tips off Orlando that his life is in danger in As You Like It?
(d) The duke.
4. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
(a) The duke.
5. In The Winter's Tale, what is Florizel when he first sees Perdita?
(b) Waking up from a nap.
(d) Dancing at court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second human Miranda meets in The Tempest?
2. Who constantly torments Caliban at the beginning of The Tempest?
3. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
4. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
5. Which character concocts a devious plot to break up a marriage in Much Ado Ado Nothing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Prospero and his enemies on the island at the end of The Tempest.
2. How does Prospero find Ariel in The Tempest?
3. How are Orlando and Oliver reconciled in As You Like It?
4. What bad decision does Antonio make regarding borrowing money in Merchant of Venice?
5. How does Portia save Antonio's life in Merchant of Venice?
6. Under what circumstances does Lear go mad?
7. What is Don Pedro's attitude to Beatrice and Benedick at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
8. How does Lady Macbeth convince Macbeth to kill Duncan?
9. How does Leontes respond to his new daughter at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
10. How is Paulita saved from death at a young age in The Winter's Tale?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)