|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What good news does Antonio learn after winning his case against Shylock?
(a) His father will not die.
(b) Nerissa accepts his hand in marriage.
(c) He has been promoted to magistrate.
(d) His ships are not lost.
2. Why does Macduff not pertain to the prophecy the witches give Macbeth?
(a) He was a breach birth.
(b) He was cut from his mother's womb.
(c) He was born prematurely.
(d) He never knew his mother.
3. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he give them all his gold.
(b) That he be their leader.
(c) That he deliver a message to the duke.
(d) That he show them the way out of the wood.
4. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
(d) Riding a horse.
5. Why do Belarius, Polydore and Cadwal leave Imogen in the woods?
(a) They think she is dead.
(b) They believe she is a wood sprite.
(c) They think she is an assassin.
(d) They want to keep her safe from scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
2. The ghost of which character appears at Macbeth's banquet?
3. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
4. Where do Belarius and her two brothers, Polydore and Cadwal, live?
5. Who tips off Orlando that his life is in danger in As You Like It?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Cordelia and Lear reunited?
2. Why does Macbeth kill Banquo?
3. How does Valentine becomes the leader of bandits in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
4. In The Tempest, how does Prospero bring his enemies to the island?
5. In The Winter's Tale, how does Paulita convince the king of Bohemia to let her marry his son?
6. Under what circumstances does Lear go mad?
7. How does Leontes respond to his new daughter at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
8. How does Posthumus return to Britain at the end of Cymbeline?
9. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, how does Oberon change the hearts of the Athenian youths?
10. How does Portia save Antonio's life in Merchant of Venice?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)