|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Much Ado About Nothing, what does Hero do when accused of infidelity?
(a) She admits to it.
(b) She slaps Don Pedro.
(c) She storms out.
(d) She faints.
2. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
3. In The Winter's Tale, what is Florizel when he first sees Perdita?
(b) Dancing at court.
(c) Waking up from a nap.
4. How do Claudio and Don Pedro indicate to Benedick that Beatrice loves him in Much Ado About Nothing?
(a) They show him Beatrice's journal.
(b) They let him overhear a conversation.
(c) They tell him outright.
(d) They leave a note for him to find.
5. At the end of As You Like It, whom does the duke's brother meet as he enters the forest to kill him?
(a) A bear.
(b) A greek goddess.
(c) A hermit.
(d) A beautiful maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the juice of the purple flower do to people in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
2. What non-medial condition kills Mamillius in The Winter's Tale?
3. Where does Iachomo tell Pisanio to kill Imogen in Cymbeline?
4. At the beginning of The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes order regarding his new daughter?
5. What is Edmund's brother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Prospero find Ariel in The Tempest?
2. Under what circumstances does Lear go mad?
3. How does Leontes respond to his new daughter at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
4. Why does Claudio think Hero is cheating on him in Much Ado About Nothing?
5. Why is Cordelia banished at the beginning of King Lear?
6. How are Orlando and Oliver reconciled in As You Like It?
7. Why does Kent have to disguise himself to follow King Lear?
8. How does Portia save Antonio's life in Merchant of Venice?
9. Why does Macbeth kill Banquo?
10. Who does Valentine offer Silvia to Proteus at the end of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)