|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ghost of which character appears at Macbeth's banquet?
(c) Lady Macduff.
(d) The thane of Cawdor.
2. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
(a) Banquo's children will be kings.
(b) Banquo will be killed.
(c) Macbeth will be king.
(d) Macbeth will be the thane of Cawdor.
3. Who does Prospero release from servitude at the end of The Tempest?
4. What do Orlando and the disguised Rosaline discuss when they meet in Arden?
(b) Forest fruits.
5. What non-medial condition kills Mamillius in The Winter's Tale?
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose clothes is Margaret dressed as part of the devious plot in Much Ado About Nothing?
2. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
3. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
4. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
5. In Much Ado About Nothing, what does Hero do when accused of infidelity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Cordelia and Lear reunited?
2. Why is Cordelia banished at the beginning of King Lear?
3. How does Lady Macbeth convince Macbeth to kill Duncan?
4. Describe the interaction between Prospero and his enemies on the island at the end of The Tempest.
5. How does Portia save Antonio's life in Merchant of Venice?
6. How does Oliver try to kill Orlando in As You Like It?
7. Why does Claudio think Hero is cheating on him in Much Ado About Nothing?
8. What bad decision does Antonio make regarding borrowing money in Merchant of Venice?
9. Who does Valentine offer Silvia to Proteus at the end of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
10. How do Antonio and Shylock lend money differently in Merchant of Venice?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)