|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
(a) Macbeth will be the thane of Cawdor.
(b) Macbeth will be king.
(c) Banquo's children will be kings.
(d) Banquo will be killed.
2. How is Silvia related to the Duke of Milan?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is his wife.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his daughter.
3. Where do Belarius and her two brothers, Polydore and Cadwal, live?
(a) A hovel.
(b) A ship's hull.
(c) A castle.
(d) A cave.
4. Which of the following characters dies at the end of Cymbeline?
(a) The King.
(c) The wicked Queen.
5. What earl helps the mad Lear escape to France?
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Ariel take on the island in The Tempest?
2. In The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes want his counselors to ask the oracle at Delphos?
3. In Merchant of Venice, how does Shylock make money as a usurer?
4. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
5. Why does Lear wander into a storm at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Posthumus return to Britain at the end of Cymbeline?
2. In The Tempest, how does Prospero bring his enemies to the island?
3. What bad decision does Antonio make regarding borrowing money in Merchant of Venice?
4. Why does Claudio think Hero is cheating on him in Much Ado About Nothing?
5. Why is Posthumus banished at the beginning of Cymbeline?
6. How are Hero and Claudio reunited at the end of Much Ado About Nothing?
7. Describe the interaction between Prospero and his enemies on the island at the end of The Tempest.
8. How does Lady Macbeth convince Macbeth to kill Duncan?
9. Who does Valentine offer Silvia to Proteus at the end of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
10. How are Cordelia and Lear reunited?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)