|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of King Lear, Cordelia says she loves her father to what extent?
(a) As much as a ll the world combined.
(b) As much as she loves her husband.
(c) As much as her life.
(d) As much as her duty says.
2. What two dangerous animals does Orlando save Oliver from in As You Like It?
(a) A lion and a snake.
(b) An eagle and a shark.
(c) A wolf and a scorpion.
(d) A bear and a tarantula.
3. At the beginning of Macbeth, the title character is than of what township?
4. In whose clothes is Margaret dressed as part of the devious plot in Much Ado About Nothing?
(a) Don Pedro's.
5. What news does the wicked Queen tell the King at the beginning of Cymbeline?
(a) There is a poisoner in the court.
(b) Imogen is not his true daughter.
(c) Posthumus attempted to ravish her.
(d) Imogen and Posthumus are married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not die at the end of King Lear?
2. What non-medial condition kills Mamillius in The Winter's Tale?
3. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
4. In The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes want his counselors to ask the oracle at Delphos?
5. Where do Belarius and her two brothers, Polydore and Cadwal, live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Viola, in disguise, goes to Olivia on Orsino's behalf?
2. What does Timon do with his chest of gold at the end of his story?
3. How does Valentine becomes the leader of bandits in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
4. What is the rift in the spirit room at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
5. How does Petruchio tame Katharine on their wedding day?
6. In The Winter's Tale, how does Paulita convince the king of Bohemia to let her marry his son?
7. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, how does Oberon change the hearts of the Athenian youths?
8. In Pericles, how does Marina become a slave?
9. How does Pericles end up marrying Thaisa?
10. What wager is involved in the final part of Taming of the Shrew?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)