|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In As You Like it, how does Oliver plan to kill Orlando after his initial plan fails?
(a) He will throw him from his horse.
(b) He will poison his brandywine.
(c) He will burn him in his bed.
(d) He will stab him at the church.
2. What earl helps the mad Lear escape to France?
3. What wild animal kill Antigones in The Winter's Tale?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A shark.
(c) A bear.
(d) A hawk.
4. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
(a) The prince-regent of England.
(b) The king of Naples.
(c) The Pope.
(d) A duke of Milan.
5. In Merchant of Venice, how does Shylock make money as a usurer?
(a) He runs a textile-works on the side.
(b) He invests in fishing interests.
(c) He charges interest.
(d) He collects finder's fees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lying to his father in Two Gentlemen of Verona, Proteus says his letter from Julia is from whom?
2. Who is the beggar whose hovel Lear sleeps in during the storm?
3. How do Claudio and Don Pedro indicate to Benedick that Beatrice loves him in Much Ado About Nothing?
4. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
5. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. In The Winter's Tale, how does Paulita convince the king of Bohemia to let her marry his son?
2. What is the problem among the young lovers at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. How does Posthumus return to Britain at the end of Cymbeline?
4. How does Prospero find Ariel in The Tempest?
5. Why does Macbeth kill Banquo?
6. How is Paulita saved from death at a young age in The Winter's Tale?
7. Under what circumstances does Lear go mad?
8. At the end of As You Like It, what happy news arrives concerning the banished duke?
9. Why is Posthumus banished at the beginning of Cymbeline?
10. How does Proteus betray his friend Valentine in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)