|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosalind give Orlando when she first meets him?
(a) Her neck chain.
(b) Her handkerchief.
(c) A book of poems.
(d) A lock of her hair.
2. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. What earl helps the mad Lear escape to France?
4. At the end of As You Like It, whom does the duke's brother meet as he enters the forest to kill him?
(a) A bear.
(b) A hermit.
(c) A beautiful maid.
(d) A greek goddess.
5. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he deliver a message to the duke.
(b) That he show them the way out of the wood.
(c) That he be their leader.
(d) That he give them all his gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Camillo offer to marry Perdita and Florizel to avoid Leontes' wrath in The Winter's Tale?
2. How do Claudio and Don Pedro indicate to Benedick that Beatrice loves him in Much Ado About Nothing?
3. Why does Lear wander into a storm at night?
4. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
5. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Claudio think Hero is cheating on him in Much Ado About Nothing?
2. How are Orlando and Oliver reconciled in As You Like It?
3. How does Oliver try to kill Orlando in As You Like It?
4. In The Tempest, how does Prospero bring his enemies to the island?
5. How does Valentine becomes the leader of bandits in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
6. How does Prospero find Ariel in The Tempest?
7. Describe the interaction between Prospero and his enemies on the island at the end of The Tempest.
8. Who does Valentine offer Silvia to Proteus at the end of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
9. Why does Macbeth kill Banquo?
10. How do Antonio and Shylock lend money differently in Merchant of Venice?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)