|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
(a) A diplomatic summit.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A night of drinking.
(d) A war.
2. Where does Camillo offer to marry Perdita and Florizel to avoid Leontes' wrath in The Winter's Tale?
3. What request does Beatrice make of Benedick after Hero's honor is questioned?
(a) That he prove Hero's innocence.
(b) That he leave Messina.
(c) That he marry her.
(d) That he kill Claudio.
4. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He needs to pay off gambling debts.
(b) He wants to start a shipping business.
(c) He wants to buy land in the country.
(d) He wants to marry a wealthy heiress.
5. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
(a) Banquo's children will be kings.
(b) Banquo will be killed.
(c) Macbeth will be the thane of Cawdor.
(d) Macbeth will be king.
Short Answer Questions
1. In As You Like it, how does Oliver plan to kill Orlando after his initial plan fails?
2. At the beginning of King Lear, Cordelia says she loves her father to what extent?
3. In The Tempest, what important items does Prospero have that allow him to use magic on the island?
4. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, what penalty does Hermia face if she refuses he father's choice of marriage?
5. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Cordelia and Lear reunited?
2. How does Leontes respond to his new daughter at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
3. Why is Cordelia banished at the beginning of King Lear?
4. In The Winter's Tale, how does Paulita convince the king of Bohemia to let her marry his son?
5. What is the rift in the spirit room at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
6. Why does Belarius think Imogen is dead in Cymbeline?
7. How do Antonio and Shylock lend money differently in Merchant of Venice?
8. How does Prospero find Ariel in The Tempest?
9. Why is Posthumus banished at the beginning of Cymbeline?
10. How does Proteus betray his friend Valentine in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)