|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who constantly torments Caliban at the beginning of The Tempest?
2. At the beginning of Macbeth, the title character is than of what township?
3. Where do Belarius and her two brothers, Polydore and Cadwal, live?
(a) A cave.
(b) A castle.
(c) A hovel.
(d) A ship's hull.
4. What does Portia disguise herself as at the end of Merchant of Venice?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A knight.
(d) A queen.
5. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
(a) He wants him thrown from the battlements.
(b) He wants him set ablaze.
(c) He wants him stabbed.
(d) He wants him poisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who marries Cordelia at the beginning of King Lear?
2. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
3. What role does Ariel take on the island in The Tempest?
4. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
5. Why does Lear wander into a storm at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Posthumus banished at the beginning of Cymbeline?
2. How does Leontes respond to his new daughter at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
3. How does Lady Macbeth convince Macbeth to kill Duncan?
4. What is the rift in the spirit room at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
5. How does Prospero find Ariel in The Tempest?
6. How does Posthumus return to Britain at the end of Cymbeline?
7. At the end of As You Like It, what happy news arrives concerning the banished duke?
8. How does Oliver try to kill Orlando in As You Like It?
9. What is the problem among the young lovers at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
10. What is Don Pedro's attitude to Beatrice and Benedick at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)