|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he deliver a message to the duke.
(b) That he show them the way out of the wood.
(c) That he be their leader.
(d) That he give them all his gold.
2. What request does Beatrice make of Benedick after Hero's honor is questioned?
(a) That he marry her.
(b) That he leave Messina.
(c) That he kill Claudio.
(d) That he prove Hero's innocence.
3. At his castles, what appears before Macbeth directing him to Duncan's chamber?
(a) A witch.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A stream of blood.
(d) A black horse.
4. Which character concocts a devious plot to break up a marriage in Much Ado Ado Nothing?
(b) Don Pedro.
(c) Don John.
5. What does Hermione disguise herself as at the end of The Winter's Tale?
(a) A man.
(b) A maidservant.
(c) A statue.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lamb describe Hero at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
2. How does Julia respond to Valentine's offering of Silvia to Proteus?
3. Lying to his father in Two Gentlemen of Verona, Proteus says his letter from Julia is from whom?
4. Who marries Cordelia at the beginning of King Lear?
5. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Valentine becomes the leader of bandits in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
2. What is the problem among the young lovers at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. What is the rift in the spirit room at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
4. How does Lady Macbeth convince Macbeth to kill Duncan?
5. How does Oliver try to kill Orlando in As You Like It?
6. In The Tempest, how does Prospero bring his enemies to the island?
7. What is Don Pedro's attitude to Beatrice and Benedick at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
8. Who does Valentine offer Silvia to Proteus at the end of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
9. How do Antonio and Shylock lend money differently in Merchant of Venice?
10. Why does Macbeth kill Banquo?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)