|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
(c) Riding a horse.
2. At his castles, what appears before Macbeth directing him to Duncan's chamber?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A stream of blood.
(c) A witch.
(d) A black horse.
3. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
4. Who is the second human Miranda meets in The Tempest?
5. How do Claudio and Don Pedro indicate to Benedick that Beatrice loves him in Much Ado About Nothing?
(a) They let him overhear a conversation.
(b) They show him Beatrice's journal.
(c) They tell him outright.
(d) They leave a note for him to find.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lear wander into a storm at night?
2. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
3. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
4. Why do Belarius, Polydore and Cadwal leave Imogen in the woods?
5. Where does Camillo offer to marry Perdita and Florizel to avoid Leontes' wrath in The Winter's Tale?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leontes respond to his new daughter at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
2. Who does Valentine offer Silvia to Proteus at the end of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
3. Describe the interaction between Prospero and his enemies on the island at the end of The Tempest.
4. How is Paulita saved from death at a young age in The Winter's Tale?
5. Why does Belarius think Imogen is dead in Cymbeline?
6. Why is Cordelia banished at the beginning of King Lear?
7. Why does Kent have to disguise himself to follow King Lear?
8. How does Valentine becomes the leader of bandits in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
9. How do Antonio and Shylock lend money differently in Merchant of Venice?
10. How are Hero and Claudio reunited at the end of Much Ado About Nothing?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)