|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Romeo kill himself?
(a) He leaps from a cliff.
(b) He hangs himself.
(c) He drinks poison.
(d) He stabs himself in the heart.
2. What punishment is Claudio facing for seduction in Measure for Measure?
(a) Loss of property.
(b) Jail time.
(c) The rack.
3. At the beginning of Comedy of Errors, what does Aegeon offer for his life?
(a) A large gem.
(b) A song.
(c) Fine meats.
(d) His story.
4. What does Timon of Athens find while digging in the dirt?
(a) A magic stone.
(b) A human skull.
(c) A box of gold.
(d) A Bible.
5. What does the King of France suspect Bertrand of in All's Well That Ends Well?
6. Where does Bertram live in Italy?
7. Why does Pericles have to flee Greece at the beginning of the story?
(a) His army has been called overseas.
(b) The emperor is threatening his life.
(c) His wife is in peril.
(d) A dream has commanded him to do so.
8. What self-destructive habit does Timon of Athens have at the beginning of his story?
(a) Wasting money.
(b) Sleeping late.
(c) Drinking to excess.
9. Who does Juliet's father betroth her to?
10. Who does Orsino marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
(b) No one.
11. How does Antipholus of Syracuse attempt to show his appreciation to the duke at the end of Comedy of Errors?
(a) He agrees never to return to Ephesus.
(b) He offers him money.
(c) He offers fealty to Ephesus.
(d) He offers to marry his daughter.
12. Where does Romeo meet Juliet after the ball where they meet?
(a) His lodging.
(b) Friar Lawrence's quarters.
(c) The Verona market.
(d) Her window.
13. Who acts as go-between for Othello's wooing of Desdemona?
14. What is in the dishes Timon serves his friends?
(d) Rotten meat.
15. How does Romeo gain entrance to the Capulets' ball?
(a) He is masked.
(b) He sneaks through a window protage.
(c) He stays in the outer courtyard.
(d) He claims to be a distant cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thaisa seemingly die in Pericles?
2. How is Laertes killed at the end of Hamlet?
3. In Comedy of Errors, how can a merchant from Syracuse avoid death in Ephesus?
4. In Comedy of Errors, where do the twins of Syracuse seek shelter in Ephesus?
5. In All's Well That Ends Well, what is Helena's father's profession?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)