|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Helena plot her deception of Bertram in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) The pope.
(b) Bertram's sister.
(c) Diana's mother.
(d) The Duke's daughter.
2. Why have Romeo and Juliet never met before the ball?
(a) Their families are feuding.
(b) Romeo has been at university.
(c) They are from different towns.
(d) Juliet was never allowed to leave her family's estate.
3. For how long will the potion given Juliet keep her in a state of apparent death?
(a) A month.
(b) One week.
(c) 42 hours.
(d) Three months.
4. Which of the following characters is not related to the rest?
5. In Taming of the Shrew, why does Petruchio say Katharine should not eat on their wedding night?
(a) She is putting on too much weight.
(b) The food is not good enough for her.
(c) It is Petruchio's family tradition to starve the bride.
(d) The food much be poisonned.
6. What does the King of France give Helena her choice of in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) Manor houses.
7. How does Romeo kill himself?
(a) He leaps from a cliff.
(b) He drinks poison.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He stabs himself in the heart.
8. How is Viola's work with Orsino immediately complicated in Twelfth Night?
(a) She discovers that he knows Sebastian.
(b) She accidentally kills his favorite bird.
(c) She falls in love with him.
(d) She learns of his affair with a distant princess.
9. At the beginning of Comedy of Errors, what does Aegeon offer for his life?
(a) A song.
(b) Fine meats.
(c) His story.
(d) A large gem.
10. In All's Well That Ends Well, what is Helena's father's profession?
11. Where does Bertram live in Italy?
12. Who acts as go-between for Othello's wooing of Desdemona?
13. What does Angelo threaten the disguised Duke with at the end of Measure for Measure?
(b) A fine.
14. On her second visit to Olivia in Twelfth Night, Viola protests that she will never love a what?
15. In All's Well That Ends Well, what must Helena do to gain Bertrand's hand in marriage?
(a) Find his brother's grave.
(b) Save his mother.
(c) Guess his true name.
(d) Take his ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what fictional kingdom does Twelfth Night take place?
2. How did the second set of twins in Comedy of Errors come under Aegeon's care?
3. Who wins the wager at the end of the Taming of the Shrew?
4. Who fails to tell Romeo that Juliet is not actually dead?
5. In Pericles, what has decimated Tarsus?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)