|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who acts as go-between for Othello's wooing of Desdemona?
2. What service does Helena do the King of France in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) She reuniteds him with his estranged daughter.
(b) She brings him his favorite sweet.
(c) She cures his illness.
(d) She saves his son from a scorpion.
3. In Comedy of Errors, how can a merchant from Syracuse avoid death in Ephesus?
(a) Swear fealty to Ephesus.
(b) Reveal a state secret.
(c) Pay a thousand marks.
(d) Marry a local girl.
4. What relation is Claudius to Hamlet?
(c) No relation.
5. Who does Juliet's father betroth her to?
6. How long does Aegeon search for his wife and other son before coming to Ephesus?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 10 months.
7. Which of the following is Iago's reason for wanting to destroy Othello?
(a) He does not think a Moor should be a general.
(b) He is in love with Desdemona.
(c) He wants to live in Othello's manor.
(d) He was passed over for a promotion.
8. How does Romeo kill himself?
(a) He leaps from a cliff.
(b) He drinks poison.
(c) He stabs himself in the heart.
(d) He hangs himself.
9. Whose shrine does Helena visit in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) St. Jacques le Grande.
(b) St. Bernadette.
(c) St. Joan.
(d) St. Thomas au Beckett.
10. Why does Bertram think he is within his rights to propose to Diana in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) He thinks Helena has died.
(b) Diana is a former nun.
(c) Helena has released him from his bonds.
(d) His marriage to Helena was not consumated.
11. What does Hamlet happen upon when he returns to Elsinore from England?
(a) Laerte's reembarking.
(b) Claudius's coronation.
(c) Gertrude's remarriage.
(d) Ophelia's funeral.
12. In Comedy of Errors, where do the twins of Syracuse seek shelter in Ephesus?
(a) An embassy.
(b) A cathedral.
(c) A convent.
(d) A workshop.
13. Who helps Helena plot her deception of Bertram in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) Diana's mother.
(b) The Duke's daughter.
(c) Bertram's sister.
(d) The pope.
14. When does Aegeon's son ask Aegeon if he can search for his twin and mother?
(a) When he is about to be married.
(b) When they arrive at Ephesus.
(c) When he turns 18.
(d) When they emerge from the storm.
15. What request does the ghost of Hamlet's father make?
(a) Do not marry Ophelia.
(b) Avenge his murder.
(c) Murder the Queen.
(d) Take the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the jail provost send the Duke in Measure for Measure to ensure Claudio's safety?
2. What does the fisherman in Comedy of Errors do with Antipholus and Dromio when they arrive in Ephesus?
3. Why does Pericles go to Ephesus at the end of the story?
4. For how long will the potion given Juliet keep her in a state of apparent death?
5. What rank has Cassio recently attained at the beginning of Othello?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)