|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment is Claudio facing for seduction in Measure for Measure?
(a) Jail time.
(b) Loss of property.
(d) The rack.
2. How is Laertes killed at the end of Hamlet?
(a) He is stabbed through a tapestry.
(b) Hamlet stabs him with a poisoned rapier.
(c) Claudius gives him a poisoned goblet of wine.
(d) He drowns in a stream behind the castle.
3. What is in the dishes Timon serves his friends?
(c) Rotten meat.
4. Who fails to tell Romeo that Juliet is not actually dead?
(a) Friar Lawrence.
(b) The Nurse.
(c) Lord Montague.
5. How does Othello die?
(a) He falls on his sword.
(b) Iago kills him.
(c) He perishes in a fire.
(d) He is executed by the Venetian state.
6. In Othello, where does Othello's army travel to defeat the Turks?
7. Where does Romeo meet Juliet after the ball where they meet?
(a) His lodging.
(b) Her window.
(c) The Verona market.
(d) Friar Lawrence's quarters.
8. What does the fisherman in Comedy of Errors do with Antipholus and Dromio when they arrive in Ephesus?
(a) He adopts them.
(b) He abandons them at a church.
(c) He sells them.
(d) He puts them to work on his crew.
9. In Measure for Measure the law citizens of Vienna are constantly breaking concerns what?
(a) Living with unmarried women.
(b) Charging interest.
(c) Brawling in the street.
(d) Drinking on the Sabbath.
10. For how long will the potion given Juliet keep her in a state of apparent death?
(a) Three months.
(b) A month.
(c) One week.
(d) 42 hours.
11. Why does Pericles have to flee Greece at the beginning of the story?
(a) The emperor is threatening his life.
(b) His wife is in peril.
(c) His army has been called overseas.
(d) A dream has commanded him to do so.
12. Who acts as go-between for Othello's wooing of Desdemona?
13. How does Antipholus of Syracuse attempt to show his appreciation to the duke at the end of Comedy of Errors?
(a) He agrees never to return to Ephesus.
(b) He offers him money.
(c) He offers to marry his daughter.
(d) He offers fealty to Ephesus.
14. What service does Helena do the King of France in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) She brings him his favorite sweet.
(b) She reuniteds him with his estranged daughter.
(c) She saves his son from a scorpion.
(d) She cures his illness.
15. What false name does Viola take when she enters Orsino's employ in Twelfth Night?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pericles win the Thaisa's hand in marriage?
2. How did the second set of twins in Comedy of Errors come under Aegeon's care?
3. What disguise does the Duke maintain while Angelo is in power in Measure for Measure?
4. Which character is not killed by Hamlet?
5. Which of the following is Iago's reason for wanting to destroy Othello?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)