|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thaisa seemingly die in Pericles?
(a) She is murdered by Antiochus's assassins.
(b) She falls from a tower.
(c) She drowns.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
2. Which of the following character's is killed when Romeo and Tybalt meet in the street?
(d) Friar Lawrence.
3. How is Laertes killed at the end of Hamlet?
(a) Hamlet stabs him with a poisoned rapier.
(b) He is stabbed through a tapestry.
(c) He drowns in a stream behind the castle.
(d) Claudius gives him a poisoned goblet of wine.
4. Why are Romeo and Juliet separated after the street duel with Tybalt?
(a) Romeo is banished.
(b) Romeo is injured.
(c) Tybalt vows to keep him form her.
(d) Juliet is digusted with him.
5. In All's Well That Ends Well, what is Helena's father's profession?
6. Which character is not dead at the end of Othello?
7. Why does Pericles have to flee Greece at the beginning of the story?
(a) His wife is in peril.
(b) His army has been called overseas.
(c) A dream has commanded him to do so.
(d) The emperor is threatening his life.
8. What good do Romeo and Juliet's deaths bring at the end of the story?
(a) The families are reconciled.
(b) Tybalt is released from jail.
(c) Benvolio marries a Capulet.
(d) The prince declares war at an end.
9. How long does Aegeon search for his wife and other son before coming to Ephesus?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 5 hours.
10. For how long will the potion given Juliet keep her in a state of apparent death?
(a) Three months.
(b) 42 hours.
(c) A month.
(d) One week.
11. In Taming of the Shrew, why does Petruchio say Katharine should not eat on their wedding night?
(a) It is Petruchio's family tradition to starve the bride.
(b) The food is not good enough for her.
(c) The food much be poisonned.
(d) She is putting on too much weight.
12. What does Pericles do with Thaisa's body after she seems to die?
(a) He tosses it in the sea.
(b) He burns it on a pyre.
(c) He buries it.
(d) He places it in a mausoleum.
13. In Comedy of Errors, how can a merchant from Syracuse avoid death in Ephesus?
(a) Marry a local girl.
(b) Swear fealty to Ephesus.
(c) Reveal a state secret.
(d) Pay a thousand marks.
14. What does Iago suspect Emilia of?
(a) Taking his money.
(b) Giving information to Desdemona.
(c) Seducing Roderigo.
(d) Colluding with Othello.
15. Which of the following is Iago's reason for wanting to destroy Othello?
(a) He was passed over for a promotion.
(b) He does not think a Moor should be a general.
(c) He is in love with Desdemona.
(d) He wants to live in Othello's manor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In All's Well That Ends Well, which of the following characters does not return to France immediately after Bertrand's marriage in Italy?
2. What is Sebastian doing the last time Voila sees him in the shipwreck in Twelfth Night?
3. How did the second set of twins in Comedy of Errors come under Aegeon's care?
4. What keepsake does Iago use to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
5. What does the King of France suspect Bertrand of in All's Well That Ends Well?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)