|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Marina not killed by Dionysa's servant?
(a) The servant poisons himself.
(b) Pirates kidnap her.
(c) She hides in a chest.
(d) She tosses away by a storm.
2. Where does Romeo meet Juliet after the ball where they meet?
(a) The Verona market.
(b) His lodging.
(c) Friar Lawrence's quarters.
(d) Her window.
3. What rank has Cassio recently attained at the beginning of Othello?
4. For how long will the potion given Juliet keep her in a state of apparent death?
(a) 42 hours.
(b) Three months.
(c) One week.
(d) A month.
5. How did the second set of twins in Comedy of Errors come under Aegeon's care?
(a) He purchased them.
(b) He took them after their mother died.
(c) He confused them for his sons.
(d) He wins them in a game of lots.
6. What is Tybalt's connection to Juliet?
(a) He is her son.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) She is his daughter.
(d) They were once lovers.
7. In All's Well That Ends Well, what is Helena's father's profession?
8. In Measure for Measure the law citizens of Vienna are constantly breaking concerns what?
(a) Drinking on the Sabbath.
(b) Charging interest.
(c) Brawling in the street.
(d) Living with unmarried women.
9. In All's Well That Ends Well, which of the following characters does not return to France immediately after Bertrand's marriage in Italy?
(a) The widow.
(d) The King.
10. How does Othello kill Desdemona?
(a) He stabs her.
(b) He throws he from a battlement.
(c) He sets fire to her bedchamber.
(d) He smothers her.
11. What does Iago suspect Emilia of?
(a) Seducing Roderigo.
(b) Colluding with Othello.
(c) Giving information to Desdemona.
(d) Taking his money.
12. What does the jail provost send the Duke in Measure for Measure to ensure Claudio's safety?
(a) A human head.
(b) A key.
(c) A hundred ducats.
(d) A jailer's bond.
13. How does Othello die?
(a) He perishes in a fire.
(b) He falls on his sword.
(c) He is executed by the Venetian state.
(d) Iago kills him.
14. Why is Bertram called back to court at the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) His father has died.
(b) The nation is at war.
(c) He must plead for his cousin's life.
(d) He is betrothed to the duke's daughter.
15. Why does Pericles have to flee Greece at the beginning of the story?
(a) A dream has commanded him to do so.
(b) His army has been called overseas.
(c) The emperor is threatening his life.
(d) His wife is in peril.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orsino marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
2. What does the King of France give Helena her choice of in All's Well That Ends Well?
3. In All's Well That Ends Well, what must Helena do to gain Bertrand's hand in marriage?
4. What punishment is Claudio facing for seduction in Measure for Measure?
5. How does Romeo kill himself?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)