Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bertram think he is within his rights to propose to Diana in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) Helena has released him from his bonds.
(b) His marriage to Helena was not consumated.
(c) He thinks Helena has died.
(d) Diana is a former nun.
2. Where does Timon go to live after he abandons humanity?
(a) A remote island.
(b) The woods.
(c) The desert.
3. What does the jail provost send the Duke in Measure for Measure to ensure Claudio's safety?
(a) A key.
(b) A jailer's bond.
(c) A hundred ducats.
(d) A human head.
4. Who helps Helena plot her deception of Bertram in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) The pope.
(b) Diana's mother.
(c) Bertram's sister.
(d) The Duke's daughter.
5. Who does Juliet's father betroth her to?
6. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
(a) He wants the people to fear him.
(b) He is pulling an elaborate prank.
(c) He fears he will become unpopular.
(d) He owes Angelo a favor.
7. On her second visit to Olivia in Twelfth Night, Viola protests that she will never love a what?
8. What is in the dishes Timon serves his friends?
(b) Rotten meat.
9. Whose death is Olivia mourning at the beginning of Twelfth Night?
(a) St. Stephen's.
(b) Her maid's.
(c) Her brother's.
(d) Her father's.
10. In what fictional kingdom does Twelfth Night take place?
11. Who does Orsino marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
(d) No one.
12. How is Laertes killed at the end of Hamlet?
(a) Claudius gives him a poisoned goblet of wine.
(b) Hamlet stabs him with a poisoned rapier.
(c) He drowns in a stream behind the castle.
(d) He is stabbed through a tapestry.
13. Why does Pericles have to flee Greece at the beginning of the story?
(a) His wife is in peril.
(b) His army has been called overseas.
(c) The emperor is threatening his life.
(d) A dream has commanded him to do so.
14. Who fails to tell Romeo that Juliet is not actually dead?
(a) The Nurse.
(c) Friar Lawrence.
(d) Lord Montague.
15. In All's Well That Ends Well, which of the following characters does not return to France immediately after Bertrand's marriage in Italy?
(a) The widow.
(c) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good do Romeo and Juliet's deaths bring at the end of the story?
2. How does Roderigo assist Iago in his plotting?
3. How does Antipholus of Syracuse attempt to show his appreciation to the duke at the end of Comedy of Errors?
4. What does Angelo threaten the disguised Duke with at the end of Measure for Measure?
5. How is Viola's work with Orsino immediately complicated in Twelfth Night?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)