|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Othello, where does Othello's army travel to defeat the Turks?
2. What relation is Claudius to Hamlet?
(d) No relation.
3. How does Pericles win the Thaisa's hand in marriage?
(a) He comes to her father's house every day for a year.
(b) He competes in a tournament.
(c) He solves a riddle.
(d) He trades his ship for her.
4. Who does Olivia marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
(a) No one.
5. How does Antipholus of Syracuse attempt to show his appreciation to the duke at the end of Comedy of Errors?
(a) He offers fealty to Ephesus.
(b) He offers him money.
(c) He agrees never to return to Ephesus.
(d) He offers to marry his daughter.
6. What does Timon of Athens find while digging in the dirt?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A box of gold.
(c) A magic stone.
(d) A human skull.
7. Where does Romeo meet Juliet after the ball where they meet?
(a) Her window.
(b) His lodging.
(c) Friar Lawrence's quarters.
(d) The Verona market.
8. In All's Well That Ends Well, what must Helena do to gain Bertrand's hand in marriage?
(a) Find his brother's grave.
(b) Save his mother.
(c) Take his ring.
(d) Guess his true name.
9. Why does Olivia confuse Sebastian and Viola in Twelfth Night?
(a) They are twins.
(b) They both pretent to be the same person.
(c) She has poor eyesight.
(d) She never sees Sebastian's face.
10. What is Diana given at the end of All's Well That Ends Well as a reward?
(a) A seat in court.
(b) A large gemstone.
(c) A husband.
(d) A manor in Provence.
11. How is Viola's work with Orsino immediately complicated in Twelfth Night?
(a) She accidentally kills his favorite bird.
(b) She learns of his affair with a distant princess.
(c) She falls in love with him.
(d) She discovers that he knows Sebastian.
12. What does Petruchio declare he will do if he does not wed Katharine by Sunday?
(a) Return his wedding garments.
(b) Pay his competitors a years wages.
(c) Become a friar.
(d) Leave Padua forever.
13. How does Romeo kill himself?
(a) He drinks poison.
(b) He stabs himself in the heart.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He leaps from a cliff.
14. What self-destructive habit does Timon of Athens have at the beginning of his story?
(a) Drinking to excess.
(b) Sleeping late.
(c) Wasting money.
15. In Measure for Measure the law citizens of Vienna are constantly breaking concerns what?
(a) Charging interest.
(b) Living with unmarried women.
(c) Drinking on the Sabbath.
(d) Brawling in the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sebastian doing the last time Voila sees him in the shipwreck in Twelfth Night?
2. How is Laertes killed at the end of Hamlet?
3. On her second visit to Olivia in Twelfth Night, Viola protests that she will never love a what?
4. Where does Bertram live in Italy?
5. What good do Romeo and Juliet's deaths bring at the end of the story?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)