|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Timon when he asks his friends for money?
(a) They refuse.
(b) They loan it to him with interest.
(c) They give it to him without strings.
(d) They pretend not to know him.
2. Why does Pericles have to flee Greece at the beginning of the story?
(a) His army has been called overseas.
(b) A dream has commanded him to do so.
(c) The emperor is threatening his life.
(d) His wife is in peril.
3. Which of the following characters is not related to the rest?
4. What is Isabel supposed to do the day she pleads to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
(a) Get married.
(b) Leave for Venice.
(c) Enter a convent.
(d) Bury her father.
5. What is Sebastian doing the last time Voila sees him in the shipwreck in Twelfth Night?
(a) Huddling in a lifeboat.
(b) Clinging to the mast.
(c) Swimming to shore.
(d) Sinking below the waves.
6. In Comedy of Errors, how can a merchant from Syracuse avoid death in Ephesus?
(a) Swear fealty to Ephesus.
(b) Reveal a state secret.
(c) Marry a local girl.
(d) Pay a thousand marks.
7. Where does Bertram live in Italy?
8. What request does the ghost of Hamlet's father make?
(a) Murder the Queen.
(b) Do not marry Ophelia.
(c) Take the throne.
(d) Avenge his murder.
9. What request does Timon make of Alcibiades at the end of his story?
(a) Kill everyone.
(b) Bury him in a pauper's grave.
(c) Tell his tale.
(d) Fetch him some bread.
10. In Taming of the Shrew, why does Petruchio say Katharine should not eat on their wedding night?
(a) The food much be poisonned.
(b) It is Petruchio's family tradition to starve the bride.
(c) She is putting on too much weight.
(d) The food is not good enough for her.
11. How does Othello die?
(a) He perishes in a fire.
(b) Iago kills him.
(c) He falls on his sword.
(d) He is executed by the Venetian state.
12. In Measure for Measure the law citizens of Vienna are constantly breaking concerns what?
(a) Drinking on the Sabbath.
(b) Charging interest.
(c) Living with unmarried women.
(d) Brawling in the street.
13. Which character is not dead at the end of Othello?
14. Why are Romeo and Juliet separated after the street duel with Tybalt?
(a) Romeo is banished.
(b) Tybalt vows to keep him form her.
(c) Juliet is digusted with him.
(d) Romeo is injured.
15. In All's Well That Ends Well, what must Helena do to gain Bertrand's hand in marriage?
(a) Find his brother's grave.
(b) Take his ring.
(c) Guess his true name.
(d) Save his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What catastrophic event befalls Aegeon's return home in his story at the beginning of Comedy of Errors?
2. What rank has Cassio recently attained at the beginning of Othello?
3. How does Romeo gain entrance to the Capulets' ball?
4. Who does Bertrand marry at the end of All's Well That Ends Well?
5. In what fictional kingdom does Twelfth Night take place?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)