|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago suspect Emilia of?
(a) Giving information to Desdemona.
(b) Seducing Roderigo.
(c) Taking his money.
(d) Colluding with Othello.
2. Why does Pericles go to Ephesus at the end of the story?
(a) A dream tells him to.
(b) His army is needed there.
(c) He hears that his wife is alive.
(d) He wants to see it before he dies.
3. What good do Romeo and Juliet's deaths bring at the end of the story?
(a) Benvolio marries a Capulet.
(b) Tybalt is released from jail.
(c) The prince declares war at an end.
(d) The families are reconciled.
4. How does Antipholus of Syracuse attempt to show his appreciation to the duke at the end of Comedy of Errors?
(a) He offers fealty to Ephesus.
(b) He offers to marry his daughter.
(c) He offers him money.
(d) He agrees never to return to Ephesus.
5. What service does Helena do the King of France in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) She brings him his favorite sweet.
(b) She saves his son from a scorpion.
(c) She reuniteds him with his estranged daughter.
(d) She cures his illness.
6. When does Aegeon's son ask Aegeon if he can search for his twin and mother?
(a) When they emerge from the storm.
(b) When they arrive at Ephesus.
(c) When he is about to be married.
(d) When he turns 18.
7. What does the fisherman in Comedy of Errors do with Antipholus and Dromio when they arrive in Ephesus?
(a) He abandons them at a church.
(b) He adopts them.
(c) He puts them to work on his crew.
(d) He sells them.
8. What catastrophic event befalls Aegeon's return home in his story at the beginning of Comedy of Errors?
(a) A volcanic eruption.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A storm.
(d) A pirate attack.
9. What disguise does the Duke maintain while Angelo is in power in Measure for Measure?
10. What does Angelo threaten the disguised Duke with at the end of Measure for Measure?
(b) A fine.
11. How does Roderigo assist Iago in his plotting?
(a) He fetches the handkerchief,
(b) He kills Brabantio.
(c) He seduces Desdemona.
(d) He bankrolls it.
12. In Comedy of Errors, where do the twins of Syracuse seek shelter in Ephesus?
(a) A workshop.
(b) A convent.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) An embassy.
13. Why have Romeo and Juliet never met before the ball?
(a) They are from different towns.
(b) Their families are feuding.
(c) Juliet was never allowed to leave her family's estate.
(d) Romeo has been at university.
14. What is Isabel supposed to do the day she pleads to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
(a) Bury her father.
(b) Get married.
(c) Leave for Venice.
(d) Enter a convent.
15. How does Romeo gain entrance to the Capulets' ball?
(a) He is masked.
(b) He claims to be a distant cousin.
(c) He sneaks through a window protage.
(d) He stays in the outer courtyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Romeo and Juliet separated after the street duel with Tybalt?
2. In Pericles, what has decimated Tarsus?
3. Why is Bertram called back to court at the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
4. How did the second set of twins in Comedy of Errors come under Aegeon's care?
5. What request does Timon make of Alcibiades at the end of his story?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)