|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In All's Well That Ends Well, what is Helena's father's profession?
2. Who tries to warn Timon of his bad habits?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His servant.
3. What does Hamlet happen upon when he returns to Elsinore from England?
(a) Ophelia's funeral.
(b) Laerte's reembarking.
(c) Gertrude's remarriage.
(d) Claudius's coronation.
4. What rank has Cassio recently attained at the beginning of Othello?
5. What does Pericles do with Thaisa's body after she seems to die?
(a) He burns it on a pyre.
(b) He places it in a mausoleum.
(c) He buries it.
(d) He tosses it in the sea.
6. Where does Bertram live in Italy?
7. In Taming of the Shrew, why does Petruchio say Katharine should not eat on their wedding night?
(a) The food much be poisonned.
(b) It is Petruchio's family tradition to starve the bride.
(c) She is putting on too much weight.
(d) The food is not good enough for her.
8. What service does Helena do the King of France in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) She saves his son from a scorpion.
(b) She reuniteds him with his estranged daughter.
(c) She brings him his favorite sweet.
(d) She cures his illness.
9. What keepsake does Iago use to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
(a) A gown.
(b) A garland.
(c) A sealed letter.
(d) A handkerchief.
10. Where does the Duke claim he is going at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
11. What does the King of France suspect Bertrand of in All's Well That Ends Well?
12. How does Thaisa seemingly die in Pericles?
(a) She dies in childbirth.
(b) She falls from a tower.
(c) She is murdered by Antiochus's assassins.
(d) She drowns.
13. Why is Bertram called back to court at the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) His father has died.
(b) He is betrothed to the duke's daughter.
(c) He must plead for his cousin's life.
(d) The nation is at war.
14. Whom does Hamlet accidentally kill in Gertrude's bedchamber?
15. What self-destructive habit does Timon of Athens have at the beginning of his story?
(b) Wasting money.
(c) Sleeping late.
(d) Drinking to excess.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Comedy of Errors, how can a merchant from Syracuse avoid death in Ephesus?
2. Whose shrine does Helena visit in All's Well That Ends Well?
3. How does Othello die?
4. What request does Timon make of Alcibiades at the end of his story?
5. In All's Well That Ends Well, what must Helena do to gain Bertrand's hand in marriage?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)