|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Olivia marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
(b) No one.
2. Who fails to tell Romeo that Juliet is not actually dead?
(a) The Nurse.
(c) Friar Lawrence.
(d) Lord Montague.
3. How does Romeo gain entrance to the Capulets' ball?
(a) He stays in the outer courtyard.
(b) He sneaks through a window protage.
(c) He is masked.
(d) He claims to be a distant cousin.
4. What service does Helena do the King of France in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) She reuniteds him with his estranged daughter.
(b) She saves his son from a scorpion.
(c) She cures his illness.
(d) She brings him his favorite sweet.
5. Why does Bertram think he is within his rights to propose to Diana in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) Helena has released him from his bonds.
(b) Diana is a former nun.
(c) His marriage to Helena was not consumated.
(d) He thinks Helena has died.
6. In All's Well That Ends Well, what must Helena do to gain Bertrand's hand in marriage?
(a) Guess his true name.
(b) Find his brother's grave.
(c) Take his ring.
(d) Save his mother.
7. What does Iago suspect Emilia of?
(a) Taking his money.
(b) Seducing Roderigo.
(c) Colluding with Othello.
(d) Giving information to Desdemona.
8. Which of the following character's is killed when Romeo and Tybalt meet in the street?
(a) Friar Lawrence.
9. What request does the ghost of Hamlet's father make?
(a) Take the throne.
(b) Murder the Queen.
(c) Avenge his murder.
(d) Do not marry Ophelia.
10. What does Hamlet happen upon when he returns to Elsinore from England?
(a) Ophelia's funeral.
(b) Claudius's coronation.
(c) Gertrude's remarriage.
(d) Laerte's reembarking.
11. What is Tybalt's connection to Juliet?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) He is her son.
(c) She is his daughter.
(d) They were once lovers.
12. Why have Romeo and Juliet never met before the ball?
(a) Their families are feuding.
(b) They are from different towns.
(c) Juliet was never allowed to leave her family's estate.
(d) Romeo has been at university.
13. Which character is not dead at the end of Othello?
14. How is Viola's work with Orsino immediately complicated in Twelfth Night?
(a) She falls in love with him.
(b) She discovers that he knows Sebastian.
(c) She learns of his affair with a distant princess.
(d) She accidentally kills his favorite bird.
15. Why does Olivia confuse Sebastian and Viola in Twelfth Night?
(a) She has poor eyesight.
(b) She never sees Sebastian's face.
(c) They both pretent to be the same person.
(d) They are twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Othello, where does Othello's army travel to defeat the Turks?
2. In All's Well That Ends Well, what is Helena's father's profession?
3. Where does Timon go to live after he abandons humanity?
4. At the beginning of Comedy of Errors, what does Aegeon offer for his life?
5. What is Sebastian doing the last time Voila sees him in the shipwreck in Twelfth Night?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)