|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment is Claudio facing for seduction in Measure for Measure?
(b) Jail time.
(c) The rack.
(d) Loss of property.
2. What does Timon of Athens find while digging in the dirt?
(a) A box of gold.
(b) A magic stone.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A human skull.
3. How does Romeo kill himself?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He drinks poison.
(c) He leaps from a cliff.
(d) He stabs himself in the heart.
4. What does Angelo threaten the disguised Duke with at the end of Measure for Measure?
(a) A fine.
5. How long does Aegeon search for his wife and other son before coming to Ephesus?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 7 years.
6. What false name does Viola take when she enters Orsino's employ in Twelfth Night?
7. Where does Bertram live in Italy?
8. What god's temple does Thaisa go to in Ephesus to be a priestess?
9. What request does the ghost of Hamlet's father make?
(a) Take the throne.
(b) Do not marry Ophelia.
(c) Avenge his murder.
(d) Murder the Queen.
10. What is Diana given at the end of All's Well That Ends Well as a reward?
(a) A seat in court.
(b) A husband.
(c) A large gemstone.
(d) A manor in Provence.
11. Why does Pericles go to Ephesus at the end of the story?
(a) His army is needed there.
(b) He hears that his wife is alive.
(c) He wants to see it before he dies.
(d) A dream tells him to.
12. What does Katharine do when Petruchio does not show for their wedding in Taming of the Shrew?
13. What is Isabel supposed to do the day she pleads to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
(a) Get married.
(b) Leave for Venice.
(c) Enter a convent.
(d) Bury her father.
14. Who tries to warn Timon of his bad habits?
(a) His servant.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
15. Why is Marina not killed by Dionysa's servant?
(a) She hides in a chest.
(b) Pirates kidnap her.
(c) The servant poisons himself.
(d) She tosses away by a storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Timon of Athens, the titular character invites his friends to a what?
2. Why are Romeo and Juliet separated after the street duel with Tybalt?
3. What does the King of France give Helena her choice of in All's Well That Ends Well?
4. Whose shrine does Helena visit in All's Well That Ends Well?
5. In All's Well That Ends Well, what is Helena's father's profession?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)