|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death is Olivia mourning at the beginning of Twelfth Night?
(a) Her brother's.
(b) Her maid's.
(c) Her father's.
(d) St. Stephen's.
2. Who fails to tell Romeo that Juliet is not actually dead?
(b) Lord Montague.
(c) Friar Lawrence.
(d) The Nurse.
3. What punishment is Claudio facing for seduction in Measure for Measure?
(a) Jail time.
(b) Loss of property.
(d) The rack.
4. How long does Aegeon search for his wife and other son before coming to Ephesus?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 30 days.
5. What catastrophic event befalls Aegeon's return home in his story at the beginning of Comedy of Errors?
(a) A storm.
(b) A pirate attack.
(c) A volcanic eruption.
(d) An earthquake.
6. What disguise does the Duke maintain while Angelo is in power in Measure for Measure?
7. What is Isabel supposed to do the day she pleads to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
(a) Enter a convent.
(b) Get married.
(c) Bury her father.
(d) Leave for Venice.
8. How does Thaisa seemingly die in Pericles?
(a) She dies in childbirth.
(b) She is murdered by Antiochus's assassins.
(c) She falls from a tower.
(d) She drowns.
9. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
(a) He owes Angelo a favor.
(b) He fears he will become unpopular.
(c) He wants the people to fear him.
(d) He is pulling an elaborate prank.
10. Which of the following characters is not related to the rest?
11. Who wins the wager at the end of the Taming of the Shrew?
12. Whom does Hamlet accidentally kill in Gertrude's bedchamber?
13. What keepsake does Iago use to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
(a) A gown.
(b) A garland.
(c) A sealed letter.
(d) A handkerchief.
14. Who does Juliet's father betroth her to?
15. For how long will the potion given Juliet keep her in a state of apparent death?
(a) A month.
(b) 42 hours.
(c) One week.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank has Cassio recently attained at the beginning of Othello?
2. In All's Well That Ends Well, which of the following characters does not return to France immediately after Bertrand's marriage in Italy?
3. At the beginning of Taming of the Shrew, Baptista declares that Bianca shall not wed until what?
4. In Measure for Measure the law citizens of Vienna are constantly breaking concerns what?
5. What does Timon of Athens find while digging in the dirt?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)