|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not related to the rest?
2. Who does Orsino marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
(d) No one.
3. What catastrophic event befalls Aegeon's return home in his story at the beginning of Comedy of Errors?
(a) A volcanic eruption.
(b) A pirate attack.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A storm.
4. In Othello, where does Othello's army travel to defeat the Turks?
5. On her second visit to Olivia in Twelfth Night, Viola protests that she will never love a what?
6. What does Hamlet happen upon when he returns to Elsinore from England?
(a) Claudius's coronation.
(b) Laerte's reembarking.
(c) Gertrude's remarriage.
(d) Ophelia's funeral.
7. Whose shrine does Helena visit in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) St. Jacques le Grande.
(b) St. Joan.
(c) St. Bernadette.
(d) St. Thomas au Beckett.
8. Who does Juliet's father betroth her to?
9. At the beginning of Comedy of Errors, what does Aegeon offer for his life?
(a) Fine meats.
(b) His story.
(c) A song.
(d) A large gem.
10. Why is Bertram called back to court at the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) He must plead for his cousin's life.
(b) His father has died.
(c) The nation is at war.
(d) He is betrothed to the duke's daughter.
11. Who fails to tell Romeo that Juliet is not actually dead?
(b) The Nurse.
(c) Lord Montague.
(d) Friar Lawrence.
12. In Taming of the Shrew, why does Petruchio say Katharine should not eat on their wedding night?
(a) She is putting on too much weight.
(b) The food much be poisonned.
(c) It is Petruchio's family tradition to starve the bride.
(d) The food is not good enough for her.
13. How long does Aegeon search for his wife and other son before coming to Ephesus?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 7 years.
14. In Comedy of Errors, where do the twins of Syracuse seek shelter in Ephesus?
(a) A convent.
(b) A workshop.
(c) An embassy.
(d) A cathedral.
15. In All's Well That Ends Well, what is Helena's father's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What false name does Viola take when she enters Orsino's employ in Twelfth Night?
2. Whom does Hamlet accidentally kill in Gertrude's bedchamber?
3. Which of the following is Iago's reason for wanting to destroy Othello?
4. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
5. In what fictional kingdom does Twelfth Night take place?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)