|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Isabel supposed to do the day she pleads to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
(a) Leave for Venice.
(b) Enter a convent.
(c) Get married.
(d) Bury her father.
2. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
(a) He owes Angelo a favor.
(b) He fears he will become unpopular.
(c) He wants the people to fear him.
(d) He is pulling an elaborate prank.
3. Whose shrine does Helena visit in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) St. Joan.
(b) St. Bernadette.
(c) St. Jacques le Grande.
(d) St. Thomas au Beckett.
4. What does Hamlet happen upon when he returns to Elsinore from England?
(a) Laerte's reembarking.
(b) Claudius's coronation.
(c) Ophelia's funeral.
(d) Gertrude's remarriage.
5. How does Othello die?
(a) He falls on his sword.
(b) Iago kills him.
(c) He is executed by the Venetian state.
(d) He perishes in a fire.
6. What punishment is Claudio facing for seduction in Measure for Measure?
(b) Jail time.
(c) The rack.
(d) Loss of property.
7. What does Angelo threaten the disguised Duke with at the end of Measure for Measure?
(c) A fine.
8. Who does Bertrand marry at the end of All's Well That Ends Well?
(c) The widow.
(d) No one.
9. In Measure for Measure the law citizens of Vienna are constantly breaking concerns what?
(a) Brawling in the street.
(b) Drinking on the Sabbath.
(c) Charging interest.
(d) Living with unmarried women.
10. Why does Pericles go to Ephesus at the end of the story?
(a) He wants to see it before he dies.
(b) He hears that his wife is alive.
(c) His army is needed there.
(d) A dream tells him to.
11. What service does Helena do the King of France in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) She reuniteds him with his estranged daughter.
(b) She brings him his favorite sweet.
(c) She cures his illness.
(d) She saves his son from a scorpion.
12. For how long will the potion given Juliet keep her in a state of apparent death?
(a) A month.
(b) 42 hours.
(c) One week.
(d) Three months.
13. How is Viola's work with Orsino immediately complicated in Twelfth Night?
(a) She learns of his affair with a distant princess.
(b) She discovers that he knows Sebastian.
(c) She accidentally kills his favorite bird.
(d) She falls in love with him.
14. What does the King of France give Helena her choice of in All's Well That Ends Well?
(c) Manor houses.
15. What is Sebastian doing the last time Voila sees him in the shipwreck in Twelfth Night?
(a) Huddling in a lifeboat.
(b) Swimming to shore.
(c) Sinking below the waves.
(d) Clinging to the mast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Timon of Athens find while digging in the dirt?
2. In Comedy of Errors, how can a merchant from Syracuse avoid death in Ephesus?
3. How did the second set of twins in Comedy of Errors come under Aegeon's care?
4. In Comedy of Errors, where do the twins of Syracuse seek shelter in Ephesus?
5. What is Diana given at the end of All's Well That Ends Well as a reward?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)