|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is not dead at the end of Othello?
2. Who helps Helena plot her deception of Bertram in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) Diana's mother.
(b) The pope.
(c) The Duke's daughter.
(d) Bertram's sister.
3. Why is Marina not killed by Dionysa's servant?
(a) Pirates kidnap her.
(b) The servant poisons himself.
(c) She hides in a chest.
(d) She tosses away by a storm.
4. How does Romeo kill himself?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He drinks poison.
(c) He stabs himself in the heart.
(d) He leaps from a cliff.
5. What is in the dishes Timon serves his friends?
(c) Rotten meat.
6. In All's Well That Ends Well, what is Helena's father's profession?
7. How does Romeo gain entrance to the Capulets' ball?
(a) He sneaks through a window protage.
(b) He claims to be a distant cousin.
(c) He is masked.
(d) He stays in the outer courtyard.
8. For how long will the potion given Juliet keep her in a state of apparent death?
(a) Three months.
(b) A month.
(c) One week.
(d) 42 hours.
9. How does Pericles win the Thaisa's hand in marriage?
(a) He trades his ship for her.
(b) He solves a riddle.
(c) He competes in a tournament.
(d) He comes to her father's house every day for a year.
10. Where does Romeo meet Juliet after the ball where they meet?
(a) Her window.
(b) Friar Lawrence's quarters.
(c) The Verona market.
(d) His lodging.
11. What happens to Timon when he asks his friends for money?
(a) They refuse.
(b) They give it to him without strings.
(c) They loan it to him with interest.
(d) They pretend not to know him.
12. Whose death is Olivia mourning at the beginning of Twelfth Night?
(a) St. Stephen's.
(b) Her father's.
(c) Her brother's.
(d) Her maid's.
13. What does Angelo threaten the disguised Duke with at the end of Measure for Measure?
(c) A fine.
14. In Measure for Measure the law citizens of Vienna are constantly breaking concerns what?
(a) Drinking on the Sabbath.
(b) Charging interest.
(c) Brawling in the street.
(d) Living with unmarried women.
15. What request does the ghost of Hamlet's father make?
(a) Take the throne.
(b) Do not marry Ophelia.
(c) Avenge his murder.
(d) Murder the Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Timon of Athens, the titular character invites his friends to a what?
2. How did the second set of twins in Comedy of Errors come under Aegeon's care?
3. What rank has Cassio recently attained at the beginning of Othello?
4. In All's Well That Ends Well, which of the following characters does not return to France immediately after Bertrand's marriage in Italy?
5. Where does Bertram live in Italy?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)