|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death is Olivia mourning at the beginning of Twelfth Night?
(a) Her father's.
(b) St. Stephen's.
(c) Her brother's.
(d) Her maid's.
2. What punishment is Claudio facing for seduction in Measure for Measure?
(a) The rack.
(c) Loss of property.
(d) Jail time.
3. What is Isabel supposed to do the day she pleads to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
(a) Get married.
(b) Bury her father.
(c) Leave for Venice.
(d) Enter a convent.
4. Who fails to tell Romeo that Juliet is not actually dead?
(a) Friar Lawrence.
(b) Lord Montague.
(d) The Nurse.
5. How does Romeo kill himself?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He leaps from a cliff.
(c) He stabs himself in the heart.
(d) He drinks poison.
6. What does the King of France give Helena her choice of in All's Well That Ends Well?
(c) Manor houses.
7. What does the fisherman in Comedy of Errors do with Antipholus and Dromio when they arrive in Ephesus?
(a) He sells them.
(b) He adopts them.
(c) He puts them to work on his crew.
(d) He abandons them at a church.
8. Why is Bertram called back to court at the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) His father has died.
(b) He is betrothed to the duke's daughter.
(c) He must plead for his cousin's life.
(d) The nation is at war.
9. On her second visit to Olivia in Twelfth Night, Viola protests that she will never love a what?
10. In Taming of the Shrew, why does Petruchio say Katharine should not eat on their wedding night?
(a) The food much be poisonned.
(b) The food is not good enough for her.
(c) She is putting on too much weight.
(d) It is Petruchio's family tradition to starve the bride.
11. Where does the Duke claim he is going at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
12. How does Pericles win the Thaisa's hand in marriage?
(a) He solves a riddle.
(b) He competes in a tournament.
(c) He comes to her father's house every day for a year.
(d) He trades his ship for her.
13. How does Roderigo assist Iago in his plotting?
(a) He fetches the handkerchief,
(b) He bankrolls it.
(c) He seduces Desdemona.
(d) He kills Brabantio.
14. Why does Olivia confuse Sebastian and Viola in Twelfth Night?
(a) They are twins.
(b) They both pretent to be the same person.
(c) She never sees Sebastian's face.
(d) She has poor eyesight.
15. What does Angelo threaten the disguised Duke with at the end of Measure for Measure?
(d) A fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Petruchio declare he will do if he does not wed Katharine by Sunday?
2. How is Viola's work with Orsino immediately complicated in Twelfth Night?
3. At the beginning of Taming of the Shrew, Baptista declares that Bianca shall not wed until what?
4. For how long will the potion given Juliet keep her in a state of apparent death?
5. How did the second set of twins in Comedy of Errors come under Aegeon's care?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)