|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In All's Well That Ends Well, which of the following characters does not return to France immediately after Bertrand's marriage in Italy?
(a) The widow.
(b) The King.
2. Whom does Hamlet accidentally kill in Gertrude's bedchamber?
3. Who acts as go-between for Othello's wooing of Desdemona?
4. What keepsake does Iago use to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A sealed letter.
(c) A garland.
(d) A gown.
5. What does Timon of Athens find while digging in the dirt?
(a) A magic stone.
(b) A box of gold.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A human skull.
6. In All's Well That Ends Well, what is Helena's father's profession?
7. How does Romeo kill himself?
(a) He stabs himself in the heart.
(b) He leaps from a cliff.
(c) He drinks poison.
(d) He hangs himself.
8. Who tries to warn Timon of his bad habits?
(a) His wife.
(b) His servant.
(d) His father.
9. What happens to Timon when he asks his friends for money?
(a) They pretend not to know him.
(b) They loan it to him with interest.
(c) They refuse.
(d) They give it to him without strings.
10. At the beginning of Comedy of Errors, what does Aegeon offer for his life?
(a) A large gem.
(b) Fine meats.
(c) A song.
(d) His story.
11. What self-destructive habit does Timon of Athens have at the beginning of his story?
(a) Sleeping late.
(b) Drinking to excess.
(d) Wasting money.
12. Where does the Duke claim he is going at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
13. What does the jail provost send the Duke in Measure for Measure to ensure Claudio's safety?
(a) A hundred ducats.
(b) A human head.
(c) A jailer's bond.
(d) A key.
14. In Pericles, what has decimated Tarsus?
(a) A famine.
(b) A wildfire.
(c) A pestilence.
(d) An earthquake.
15. What does Katharine do when Petruchio does not show for their wedding in Taming of the Shrew?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pericles have to flee Greece at the beginning of the story?
2. What is Sebastian doing the last time Voila sees him in the shipwreck in Twelfth Night?
3. Which character is not killed by Hamlet?
4. Why does Olivia confuse Sebastian and Viola in Twelfth Night?
5. Who does Juliet's father betroth her to?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)