|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What catastrophic event befalls Aegeon's return home in his story at the beginning of Comedy of Errors?
(a) A pirate attack.
(b) A storm.
(c) A volcanic eruption.
(d) An earthquake.
2. Whose shrine does Helena visit in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) St. Bernadette.
(b) St. Joan.
(c) St. Jacques le Grande.
(d) St. Thomas au Beckett.
3. In All's Well That Ends Well, which of the following characters does not return to France immediately after Bertrand's marriage in Italy?
(b) The widow.
(d) The King.
4. How does Romeo gain entrance to the Capulets' ball?
(a) He is masked.
(b) He sneaks through a window protage.
(c) He claims to be a distant cousin.
(d) He stays in the outer courtyard.
5. How does Othello die?
(a) He perishes in a fire.
(b) He falls on his sword.
(c) He is executed by the Venetian state.
(d) Iago kills him.
6. In Timon of Athens, the titular character invites his friends to a what?
7. Which of the following is Iago's reason for wanting to destroy Othello?
(a) He wants to live in Othello's manor.
(b) He is in love with Desdemona.
(c) He does not think a Moor should be a general.
(d) He was passed over for a promotion.
8. Where does Bertram live in Italy?
9. What request does Timon make of Alcibiades at the end of his story?
(a) Kill everyone.
(b) Tell his tale.
(c) Fetch him some bread.
(d) Bury him in a pauper's grave.
10. What is Tybalt's connection to Juliet?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) He is her son.
(c) They were once lovers.
(d) She is his daughter.
11. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
(a) He owes Angelo a favor.
(b) He is pulling an elaborate prank.
(c) He fears he will become unpopular.
(d) He wants the people to fear him.
12. What disguise does the Duke maintain while Angelo is in power in Measure for Measure?
13. How long does Aegeon search for his wife and other son before coming to Ephesus?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 5 hours.
14. Why is Bertram called back to court at the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) The nation is at war.
(b) He must plead for his cousin's life.
(c) His father has died.
(d) He is betrothed to the duke's daughter.
15. Who helps Helena plot her deception of Bertram in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) The Duke's daughter.
(b) The pope.
(c) Bertram's sister.
(d) Diana's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orsino marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
2. At the beginning of Taming of the Shrew, Baptista declares that Bianca shall not wed until what?
3. Where does the Duke claim he is going at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
4. In Othello, where does Othello's army travel to defeat the Turks?
5. Who wins the wager at the end of the Taming of the Shrew?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)