|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is Iago's reason for wanting to destroy Othello?
(a) He wants to live in Othello's manor.
(b) He is in love with Desdemona.
(c) He was passed over for a promotion.
(d) He does not think a Moor should be a general.
2. What does Katharine do when Petruchio does not show for their wedding in Taming of the Shrew?
3. Who tries to warn Timon of his bad habits?
(a) His father.
(b) His servant.
(d) His wife.
4. Whose death is Olivia mourning at the beginning of Twelfth Night?
(a) Her father's.
(b) Her maid's.
(c) St. Stephen's.
(d) Her brother's.
5. Which character is not killed by Hamlet?
6. What rank has Cassio recently attained at the beginning of Othello?
7. How long does Aegeon search for his wife and other son before coming to Ephesus?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 7 years.
8. What false name does Viola take when she enters Orsino's employ in Twelfth Night?
9. Who helps Helena plot her deception of Bertram in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) The Duke's daughter.
(b) The pope.
(c) Diana's mother.
(d) Bertram's sister.
10. In Timon of Athens, the titular character invites his friends to a what?
11. Where does the Duke claim he is going at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
12. What is Diana given at the end of All's Well That Ends Well as a reward?
(a) A seat in court.
(b) A large gemstone.
(c) A manor in Provence.
(d) A husband.
13. What does Pericles do with Thaisa's body after she seems to die?
(a) He places it in a mausoleum.
(b) He tosses it in the sea.
(c) He burns it on a pyre.
(d) He buries it.
14. Who wins the wager at the end of the Taming of the Shrew?
15. What does Petruchio declare he will do if he does not wed Katharine by Sunday?
(a) Pay his competitors a years wages.
(b) Become a friar.
(c) Leave Padua forever.
(d) Return his wedding garments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Olivia confuse Sebastian and Viola in Twelfth Night?
2. What does the King of France suspect Bertrand of in All's Well That Ends Well?
3. In what fictional kingdom does Twelfth Night take place?
4. At the beginning of Comedy of Errors, what does Aegeon offer for his life?
5. Why does Pericles have to flee Greece at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)