|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Olivia confuse Sebastian and Viola in Twelfth Night?
(a) They both pretent to be the same person.
(b) She never sees Sebastian's face.
(c) They are twins.
(d) She has poor eyesight.
2. What does Petruchio declare he will do if he does not wed Katharine by Sunday?
(a) Leave Padua forever.
(b) Return his wedding garments.
(c) Become a friar.
(d) Pay his competitors a years wages.
3. What disguise does the Duke maintain while Angelo is in power in Measure for Measure?
4. What does Timon of Athens find while digging in the dirt?
(a) A box of gold.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A magic stone.
(d) A human skull.
5. What is Mariana's connection to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
(a) She is his sister.
(b) She is his wife.
(c) She is his former betrothed.
(d) She is his adopted daughter.
6. What does Pericles do with Thaisa's body after she seems to die?
(a) He buries it.
(b) He places it in a mausoleum.
(c) He tosses it in the sea.
(d) He burns it on a pyre.
7. What good do Romeo and Juliet's deaths bring at the end of the story?
(a) The families are reconciled.
(b) Tybalt is released from jail.
(c) The prince declares war at an end.
(d) Benvolio marries a Capulet.
8. Who does Orsino marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
(c) No one.
9. How does Romeo gain entrance to the Capulets' ball?
(a) He stays in the outer courtyard.
(b) He is masked.
(c) He sneaks through a window protage.
(d) He claims to be a distant cousin.
10. What does the King of France give Helena her choice of in All's Well That Ends Well?
(b) Manor houses.
11. Which of the following character's is killed when Romeo and Tybalt meet in the street?
(b) Friar Lawrence.
12. What happens to Timon when he asks his friends for money?
(a) They loan it to him with interest.
(b) They refuse.
(c) They pretend not to know him.
(d) They give it to him without strings.
13. In Timon of Athens, the titular character invites his friends to a what?
14. In Comedy of Errors, where do the twins of Syracuse seek shelter in Ephesus?
(a) A cathedral.
(b) An embassy.
(c) A convent.
(d) A workshop.
15. In All's Well That Ends Well, what is Helena's father's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Comedy of Errors, what does Aegeon offer for his life?
2. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
3. Who fails to tell Romeo that Juliet is not actually dead?
4. What does the King of France suspect Bertrand of in All's Well That Ends Well?
5. Who tries to warn Timon of his bad habits?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)