|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What god's temple does Thaisa go to in Ephesus to be a priestess?
2. Why are Romeo and Juliet separated after the street duel with Tybalt?
(a) Tybalt vows to keep him form her.
(b) Juliet is digusted with him.
(c) Romeo is banished.
(d) Romeo is injured.
3. What relation is Claudius to Hamlet?
(b) No relation.
4. In Othello, where does Othello's army travel to defeat the Turks?
5. In Timon of Athens, the titular character invites his friends to a what?
6. Who helps Helena plot her deception of Bertram in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) Diana's mother.
(b) Bertram's sister.
(c) The pope.
(d) The Duke's daughter.
7. At the beginning of Taming of the Shrew, Baptista declares that Bianca shall not wed until what?
(a) Until Katharine weds.
(b) Until she is twenty years of age.
(c) Until she finishes her schooling.
(d) Until the final judgment.
8. In Pericles, what has decimated Tarsus?
(a) A famine.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A wildfire.
(d) A pestilence.
9. What is in the dishes Timon serves his friends?
(a) Rotten meat.
10. For how long will the potion given Juliet keep her in a state of apparent death?
(a) A month.
(b) One week.
(c) Three months.
(d) 42 hours.
11. In Taming of the Shrew, why does Petruchio say Katharine should not eat on their wedding night?
(a) The food much be poisonned.
(b) It is Petruchio's family tradition to starve the bride.
(c) She is putting on too much weight.
(d) The food is not good enough for her.
12. Which character is not killed by Hamlet?
13. Who does Juliet's father betroth her to?
14. What does Iago suspect Emilia of?
(a) Taking his money.
(b) Seducing Roderigo.
(c) Colluding with Othello.
(d) Giving information to Desdemona.
15. How does Olivia respond to Viola's entreaties of Orsino's behalf in Twelfth Night?
(a) She submits wo Orsino's entreaties.
(b) She falls in love with Viola.
(c) She slaps Viola several times.
(d) She pays Viola never to return.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what fictional kingdom does Twelfth Night take place?
2. How does Pericles win the Thaisa's hand in marriage?
3. How does Othello kill Desdemona?
4. Why does Olivia confuse Sebastian and Viola in Twelfth Night?
5. Whose death is Olivia mourning at the beginning of Twelfth Night?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)