|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following character's is killed when Romeo and Tybalt meet in the street?
(a) Friar Lawrence.
2. What is Mariana's connection to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
(a) She is his wife.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his former betrothed.
(d) She is his adopted daughter.
3. Where does Romeo meet Juliet after the ball where they meet?
(a) Friar Lawrence's quarters.
(b) His lodging.
(c) Her window.
(d) The Verona market.
4. What does the jail provost send the Duke in Measure for Measure to ensure Claudio's safety?
(a) A jailer's bond.
(b) A key.
(c) A human head.
(d) A hundred ducats.
5. What keepsake does Iago use to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
(a) A garland.
(b) A gown.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A sealed letter.
6. Who acts as go-between for Othello's wooing of Desdemona?
7. How does Thaisa seemingly die in Pericles?
(a) She dies in childbirth.
(b) She falls from a tower.
(c) She drowns.
(d) She is murdered by Antiochus's assassins.
8. What god's temple does Thaisa go to in Ephesus to be a priestess?
9. Who fails to tell Romeo that Juliet is not actually dead?
(a) Lord Montague.
(b) The Nurse.
(c) Friar Lawrence.
10. How is Laertes killed at the end of Hamlet?
(a) He is stabbed through a tapestry.
(b) Hamlet stabs him with a poisoned rapier.
(c) Claudius gives him a poisoned goblet of wine.
(d) He drowns in a stream behind the castle.
11. What does Hamlet happen upon when he returns to Elsinore from England?
(a) Gertrude's remarriage.
(b) Laerte's reembarking.
(c) Claudius's coronation.
(d) Ophelia's funeral.
12. Who does Olivia marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
(b) No one.
13. Why does Pericles have to flee Greece at the beginning of the story?
(a) His army has been called overseas.
(b) His wife is in peril.
(c) A dream has commanded him to do so.
(d) The emperor is threatening his life.
14. Why have Romeo and Juliet never met before the ball?
(a) Their families are feuding.
(b) They are from different towns.
(c) Romeo has been at university.
(d) Juliet was never allowed to leave her family's estate.
15. In Comedy of Errors, how can a merchant from Syracuse avoid death in Ephesus?
(a) Swear fealty to Ephesus.
(b) Pay a thousand marks.
(c) Marry a local girl.
(d) Reveal a state secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Taming of the Shrew, why does Petruchio say Katharine should not eat on their wedding night?
2. In Measure for Measure the law citizens of Vienna are constantly breaking concerns what?
3. Which character is not killed by Hamlet?
4. Why are Romeo and Juliet separated after the street duel with Tybalt?
5. How does Othello kill Desdemona?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)