|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request does the ghost of Hamlet's father make?
(a) Take the throne.
(b) Do not marry Ophelia.
(c) Murder the Queen.
(d) Avenge his murder.
2. What is Isabel supposed to do the day she pleads to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
(a) Enter a convent.
(b) Bury her father.
(c) Get married.
(d) Leave for Venice.
3. When does Aegeon's son ask Aegeon if he can search for his twin and mother?
(a) When he is about to be married.
(b) When he turns 18.
(c) When they arrive at Ephesus.
(d) When they emerge from the storm.
4. What is Mariana's connection to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
(a) She is his sister.
(b) She is his former betrothed.
(c) She is his wife.
(d) She is his adopted daughter.
5. Whose shrine does Helena visit in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) St. Jacques le Grande.
(b) St. Thomas au Beckett.
(c) St. Bernadette.
(d) St. Joan.
6. In All's Well That Ends Well, what is Helena's father's profession?
7. What service does Helena do the King of France in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) She brings him his favorite sweet.
(b) She saves his son from a scorpion.
(c) She reuniteds him with his estranged daughter.
(d) She cures his illness.
8. What does the King of France suspect Bertrand of in All's Well That Ends Well?
9. Whose death is Olivia mourning at the beginning of Twelfth Night?
(a) St. Stephen's.
(b) Her brother's.
(c) Her maid's.
(d) Her father's.
10. How does Olivia respond to Viola's entreaties of Orsino's behalf in Twelfth Night?
(a) She falls in love with Viola.
(b) She slaps Viola several times.
(c) She pays Viola never to return.
(d) She submits wo Orsino's entreaties.
11. Whom does Hamlet accidentally kill in Gertrude's bedchamber?
12. For how long will the potion given Juliet keep her in a state of apparent death?
(a) One week.
(b) Three months.
(c) 42 hours.
(d) A month.
13. What disguise does the Duke maintain while Angelo is in power in Measure for Measure?
14. What does Katharine do when Petruchio does not show for their wedding in Taming of the Shrew?
15. What does Timon of Athens find while digging in the dirt?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A box of gold.
(c) A human skull.
(d) A magic stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Helena plot her deception of Bertram in All's Well That Ends Well?
2. What happens to Timon when he asks his friends for money?
3. Why is Bertram called back to court at the beginning of All's Well That Ends Well?
4. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
5. Who does Olivia marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)