|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Aegeon search for his wife and other son before coming to Ephesus?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 30 days.
2. Who does Olivia marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
(c) No one.
3. In All's Well That Ends Well, what must Helena do to gain Bertrand's hand in marriage?
(a) Find his brother's grave.
(b) Take his ring.
(c) Guess his true name.
(d) Save his mother.
4. Why is Marina not killed by Dionysa's servant?
(a) The servant poisons himself.
(b) She hides in a chest.
(c) Pirates kidnap her.
(d) She tosses away by a storm.
5. What god's temple does Thaisa go to in Ephesus to be a priestess?
6. What does Hamlet happen upon when he returns to Elsinore from England?
(a) Laerte's reembarking.
(b) Gertrude's remarriage.
(c) Ophelia's funeral.
(d) Claudius's coronation.
7. Which of the following characters is not related to the rest?
8. Who does Bertrand marry at the end of All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) The widow.
(d) No one.
9. Who fails to tell Romeo that Juliet is not actually dead?
(a) Lord Montague.
(c) The Nurse.
(d) Friar Lawrence.
10. Who does Juliet's father betroth her to?
11. How does Antipholus of Syracuse attempt to show his appreciation to the duke at the end of Comedy of Errors?
(a) He offers fealty to Ephesus.
(b) He agrees never to return to Ephesus.
(c) He offers to marry his daughter.
(d) He offers him money.
12. How does Othello die?
(a) Iago kills him.
(b) He is executed by the Venetian state.
(c) He falls on his sword.
(d) He perishes in a fire.
13. How is Viola's work with Orsino immediately complicated in Twelfth Night?
(a) She discovers that he knows Sebastian.
(b) She learns of his affair with a distant princess.
(c) She falls in love with him.
(d) She accidentally kills his favorite bird.
14. What is Isabel supposed to do the day she pleads to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
(a) Enter a convent.
(b) Get married.
(c) Leave for Venice.
(d) Bury her father.
15. What does the King of France suspect Bertrand of in All's Well That Ends Well?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Romeo gain entrance to the Capulets' ball?
2. What keepsake does Iago use to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
3. When does Aegeon's son ask Aegeon if he can search for his twin and mother?
4. Whose death is Olivia mourning at the beginning of Twelfth Night?
5. What does the jail provost send the Duke in Measure for Measure to ensure Claudio's safety?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)