|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orsino marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
(a) No one.
2. In Timon of Athens, the titular character invites his friends to a what?
3. In Measure for Measure the law citizens of Vienna are constantly breaking concerns what?
(a) Drinking on the Sabbath.
(b) Charging interest.
(c) Brawling in the street.
(d) Living with unmarried women.
4. In Comedy of Errors, where do the twins of Syracuse seek shelter in Ephesus?
(a) A workshop.
(b) A cathedral.
(c) An embassy.
(d) A convent.
5. What does Angelo threaten the disguised Duke with at the end of Measure for Measure?
(c) A fine.
6. What does Timon of Athens find while digging in the dirt?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A human skull.
(c) A magic stone.
(d) A box of gold.
7. For how long will the potion given Juliet keep her in a state of apparent death?
(a) Three months.
(b) A month.
(c) 42 hours.
(d) One week.
8. What does Petruchio declare he will do if he does not wed Katharine by Sunday?
(a) Pay his competitors a years wages.
(b) Leave Padua forever.
(c) Become a friar.
(d) Return his wedding garments.
9. Which of the following characters is not related to the rest?
10. How does Othello die?
(a) He is executed by the Venetian state.
(b) Iago kills him.
(c) He falls on his sword.
(d) He perishes in a fire.
11. Why does Olivia confuse Sebastian and Viola in Twelfth Night?
(a) They are twins.
(b) She has poor eyesight.
(c) They both pretent to be the same person.
(d) She never sees Sebastian's face.
12. How long does Aegeon search for his wife and other son before coming to Ephesus?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 30 days.
13. What punishment is Claudio facing for seduction in Measure for Measure?
(a) The rack.
(b) Jail time.
(c) Loss of property.
14. Where does the Duke claim he is going at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
15. At the beginning of Taming of the Shrew, Baptista declares that Bianca shall not wed until what?
(a) Until she finishes her schooling.
(b) Until she is twenty years of age.
(c) Until Katharine weds.
(d) Until the final judgment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the second set of twins in Comedy of Errors come under Aegeon's care?
2. Which of the following is Iago's reason for wanting to destroy Othello?
3. Which of the following character's is killed when Romeo and Tybalt meet in the street?
4. How does Romeo kill himself?
5. What is Sebastian doing the last time Voila sees him in the shipwreck in Twelfth Night?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)