|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
2. At the beginning of Macbeth, the title character is than of what township?
3. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he deliver a message to the duke.
(b) That he show them the way out of the wood.
(c) That he give them all his gold.
(d) That he be their leader.
4. At the beginning of The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes order regarding his new daughter?
(a) She should be left to die in the wilderness.
(b) She should be given to Polixenes.
(c) She should remain with him.
(d) She should be imprisoned with her mother.
5. Why is King Lear dividing up his kingdom?
(a) He wants to give his daughters a gift.
(b) He is old and tired.
(c) He wants to leave England.
(d) She hates being king.
6. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
7. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
(a) A night of drinking.
(b) A war.
(c) A diplomatic summit.
(d) A wedding.
8. Lying to his father in Two Gentlemen of Verona, Proteus says his letter from Julia is from whom?
(d) The duke of Milan.
9. What act of fidelity do Julia and Proteus commit when parting ways at the the beginning of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He takes her portrait.
(b) They pray together.
(c) They exchange rings.
(d) He gives her a lock of his hair.
10. What good news does Antonio learn after winning his case against Shylock?
(a) His father will not die.
(b) Nerissa accepts his hand in marriage.
(c) He has been promoted to magistrate.
(d) His ships are not lost.
11. In The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes want his counselors to ask the oracle at Delphos?
(a) If his son will be king.
(b) If Polixenes is dead.
(c) If his wife is faithful.
(d) If his kingdom is safe.
12. Where does Camillo offer to marry Perdita and Florizel to avoid Leontes' wrath in The Winter's Tale?
13. What is the root of Oberon and Titania's feud in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) Oberon refuses to allow the sun rise.
(b) Titania suspects Oberon of infidelity.
(c) Titania refuses to let the rain fall.
(d) Both want a changeling boy.
14. Where do Belarius and her two brothers, Polydore and Cadwal, live?
(a) A hovel.
(b) A cave.
(c) A castle.
(d) A ship's hull.
15. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
(a) He wants him poisoned.
(b) He wants him set ablaze.
(c) He wants him stabbed.
(d) He wants him thrown from the battlements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What non-medial condition kills Mamillius in The Winter's Tale?
2. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. Why does Macduff not pertain to the prophecy the witches give Macbeth?
4. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
5. How does Antonio expect to be able to pay Shylock at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)