|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
(a) The prince-regent of England.
(b) A duke of Milan.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The king of Naples.
2. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
3. How does Lady Macbeth convince her husband to kill Duncan?
(a) She threatens to do it herself.
(b) She reminds him he will be king.
(c) She uses reverse psychology.
(d) She calls him a coward.
4. Who is the beggar whose hovel Lear sleeps in during the storm?
(a) The fool.
5. Why do Belarius, Polydore and Cadwal leave Imogen in the woods?
(a) They want to keep her safe from scouts.
(b) They think she is dead.
(c) They believe she is a wood sprite.
(d) They think she is an assassin.
6. In King Lear, Edmund is the bastard son of what earl?
7. How does Valentine meet Silvia in the wood in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He treats a spider bite for her.
(b) He pulls her from a trap.
(c) She fights of wolves for her.
(d) He saves her from bandits.
8. In The Winter's Tale, what is Florizel when he first sees Perdita?
(c) Waking up from a nap.
(d) Dancing at court.
9. In The Winter's Tale, Polixenes is the king of what kingdom?
10. How does Julia respond to Valentine's offering of Silvia to Proteus?
(a) She cries bitterly.
(b) She faints.
(c) She reveals herself.
(d) She storms off.
11. In As You Like it, how does Oliver plan to kill Orlando after his initial plan fails?
(a) He will poison his brandywine.
(b) He will burn him in his bed.
(c) He will throw him from his horse.
(d) He will stab him at the church.
12. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He elopes with a lowborn love.
(b) He wants to return to the land.
(c) He is banished by his brother.
(d) He goes mad.
13. What name does Kent take to follow Lear in disguise?
14. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he be their leader.
(b) That he show them the way out of the wood.
(c) That he give them all his gold.
(d) That he deliver a message to the duke.
15. In Merchant of Venice, why can Antonio not pay his bond to Shylock?
(a) His crops whither.
(b) His father recovers his health.
(c) His lands are seized by the state.
(d) His ships sink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
2. What do Orlando and the disguised Rosaline discuss when they meet in Arden?
3. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
4. In Much Ado About Nothing, what does Hero do when accused of infidelity?
5. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)