|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the wicked queen tell Pisanio the vial of potion she gives him is?
(a) A poison.
(b) A cordial.
(c) A tonic.
(d) A liquour.
2. What is the root of Oberon and Titania's feud in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) Titania refuses to let the rain fall.
(b) Both want a changeling boy.
(c) Oberon refuses to allow the sun rise.
(d) Titania suspects Oberon of infidelity.
3. How does Julia respond to Valentine's offering of Silvia to Proteus?
(a) She cries bitterly.
(b) She reveals herself.
(c) She storms off.
(d) She faints.
4. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
5. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
(a) Macbeth will be king.
(b) Banquo's children will be kings.
(c) Banquo will be killed.
(d) Macbeth will be the thane of Cawdor.
6. In whose clothes is Margaret dressed as part of the devious plot in Much Ado About Nothing?
(a) Don Pedro's.
7. Who marries Cordelia at the beginning of King Lear?
(a) The King of Spain.
(b) The King of Padua.
(c) The King of Milan.
(d) The King of France.
8. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
9. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
10. How does Antonio expect to be able to pay Shylock at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He can draw from his savings.
(b) He has ships coming in.
(c) He will harvest his olives early.
(d) His father is about to die.
11. Who has gone to war with Britain in Cymbeline?
(d) The Turks.
12. In The Winter's Tale, Polixenes is the king of what kingdom?
13. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
(b) Riding a horse.
14. Which of the following characters dies at the end of Cymbeline?
(a) The King.
(b) The wicked Queen.
15. In As You Like it, how does Oliver plan to kill Orlando after his initial plan fails?
(a) He will poison his brandywine.
(b) He will throw him from his horse.
(c) He will burn him in his bed.
(d) He will stab him at the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prospero bring his enemies to the island in The Tempest?
2. At the end of As You Like It, whom does the duke's brother meet as he enters the forest to kill him?
3. At the end of Much Ado About Nothing, Hero pretends to be her own what?
4. Which of the following characters does not die at the end of King Lear?
5. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)