|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At his castles, what appears before Macbeth directing him to Duncan's chamber?
(a) A stream of blood.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A black horse.
(d) A witch.
2. What two dangerous animals does Orlando save Oliver from in As You Like It?
(a) A wolf and a scorpion.
(b) A lion and a snake.
(c) A bear and a tarantula.
(d) An eagle and a shark.
3. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
4. In whose clothes is Margaret dressed as part of the devious plot in Much Ado About Nothing?
(b) Don Pedro's.
5. At the beginning of King Lear, Cordelia says she loves her father to what extent?
(a) As much as she loves her husband.
(b) As much as her duty says.
(c) As much as her life.
(d) As much as a ll the world combined.
6. What relative does Lysander plan to flee to with his beloved in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister.
7. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) As a page.
(b) As a smith.
(c) As a courtier.
(d) As a messenger.
8. What does Prospero do to Antonio when the two meet at the end of The Tempest?
(a) He marries him to Miranda.
(b) He forgives him.
(c) He kills him.
(d) He imprisons him in a tree.
9. What does the wicked queen tell Pisanio the vial of potion she gives him is?
(a) A liquour.
(b) A tonic.
(c) A cordial.
(d) A poison.
10. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
11. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
(a) His knights.
(b) His fool.
(c) His jewels.
(d) His lodging.
12. What good news does Antonio learn after winning his case against Shylock?
(a) Nerissa accepts his hand in marriage.
(b) His father will not die.
(c) He has been promoted to magistrate.
(d) His ships are not lost.
13. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He loves SIlvia too.
(b) He has sworn feelty to the duke.
(c) He intends to help them leave Milan.
(d) He does no know the duke has other plans for Silvia.
14. In The Winter's Tale, what is Florizel when he first sees Perdita?
(a) Dancing at court.
(b) Waking up from a nap.
15. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
(a) The duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione disguise herself as at the end of The Winter's Tale?
2. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
3. In Merchant of Venice, why can Antonio not pay his bond to Shylock?
4. How does Lamb describe Hero at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
5. Why does Lear wander into a storm at night?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)