|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Macbeth, the title character is than of what township?
2. What good news does Antonio learn after winning his case against Shylock?
(a) His father will not die.
(b) His ships are not lost.
(c) Nerissa accepts his hand in marriage.
(d) He has been promoted to magistrate.
3. Who does Demetrius marry at the end of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
4. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He is banished by his brother.
(b) He elopes with a lowborn love.
(c) He wants to return to the land.
(d) He goes mad.
5. In King Lear, Edmund is the bastard son of what earl?
6. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
(a) He wants to show Shylock he is not afraid.
(b) He assumes it is a jest.
(c) He knows no court will honor it.
(d) He does not read the full bond.
7. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
(d) The duke.
8. Who concocts the scheme to marry Beatrice and Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing?
(a) Don Pedro.
9. In The Tempest, where on the island do Sycorax imprison good spirits?
(a) Under the sands.
(b) In clouds.
(c) In trees.
(d) In the water.
10. What is Edmund's brother's name?
11. Who has gone to war with Britain in Cymbeline?
(b) The Turks.
12. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A diplomatic summit.
(c) A war.
(d) A night of drinking.
13. Lying to his father in Two Gentlemen of Verona, Proteus says his letter from Julia is from whom?
(a) The duke of Milan.
14. Who is the second human Miranda meets in The Tempest?
15. At his castles, what appears before Macbeth directing him to Duncan's chamber?
(a) A witch.
(b) A stream of blood.
(c) A black horse.
(d) A dagger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wild animal kill Antigones in The Winter's Tale?
2. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
3. Which character does Nerissa fall in love with in Merchant of Venice?
4. What is the root of Oberon and Titania's feud in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
5. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, what penalty does Hermia face if she refuses he father's choice of marriage?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)