|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He wants to return to the land.
(b) He elopes with a lowborn love.
(c) He goes mad.
(d) He is banished by his brother.
2. At the beginning of Macbeth, the title character is than of what township?
3. How does Antonio expect to be able to pay Shylock at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He has ships coming in.
(b) He can draw from his savings.
(c) He will harvest his olives early.
(d) His father is about to die.
4. How does Lady Macbeth convince her husband to kill Duncan?
(a) She threatens to do it herself.
(b) She uses reverse psychology.
(c) She reminds him he will be king.
(d) She calls him a coward.
5. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
(a) The queen.
6. What do Orlando and the disguised Rosaline discuss when they meet in Arden?
(b) Forest fruits.
7. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
8. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
9. Where does Iachomo tell Pisanio to kill Imogen in Cymbeline?
10. In Cymbeline, why does the King raise Posthumus?
(a) He saved the queen's life.
(b) He is the King's favorite fool.
(c) His father was a royal night.
(d) He brings good luck to the kingdom.
11. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
12. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
(c) Riding a horse.
13. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) As a messenger.
(b) As a courtier.
(c) As a page.
(d) As a smith.
14. What relative does Lysander plan to flee to with his beloved in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His aunt.
15. Why do Belarius, Polydore and Cadwal leave Imogen in the woods?
(a) They think she is dead.
(b) They think she is an assassin.
(c) They believe she is a wood sprite.
(d) They want to keep her safe from scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wild animal kill Antigones in The Winter's Tale?
2. Why does Macduff not pertain to the prophecy the witches give Macbeth?
3. Which of the following characters dies at the end of Cymbeline?
4. When does Sycorax die in The Tempest?
5. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)