|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
(a) The prince-regent of England.
(b) A duke of Milan.
(c) The king of Naples.
(d) The Pope.
2. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
(d) The queen.
3. Why does Lear wander into a storm at night?
(a) He does not want to live with his daughters.
(b) He is looking for Cordelia.
(c) He wants to gather an army together.
(d) He has not bathed in days.
4. How does Lamb describe Hero at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
5. What act of fidelity do Julia and Proteus commit when parting ways at the the beginning of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He gives her a lock of his hair.
(b) He takes her portrait.
(c) They pray together.
(d) They exchange rings.
6. In The Winter's Tale, Polixenes is the king of what kingdom?
7. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
8. How do Claudio and Don Pedro indicate to Benedick that Beatrice loves him in Much Ado About Nothing?
(a) They tell him outright.
(b) They show him Beatrice's journal.
(c) They leave a note for him to find.
(d) They let him overhear a conversation.
9. Which character concocts a devious plot to break up a marriage in Much Ado Ado Nothing?
(a) Don Pedro.
(d) Don John.
10. What good news does Antonio learn after winning his case against Shylock?
(a) His father will not die.
(b) His ships are not lost.
(c) Nerissa accepts his hand in marriage.
(d) He has been promoted to magistrate.
11. At the end of Much Ado About Nothing, Hero pretends to be her own what?
12. Why does Macduff not pertain to the prophecy the witches give Macbeth?
(a) He was born prematurely.
(b) He never knew his mother.
(c) He was cut from his mother's womb.
(d) He was a breach birth.
13. In The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes want his counselors to ask the oracle at Delphos?
(a) If his kingdom is safe.
(b) If his son will be king.
(c) If Polixenes is dead.
(d) If his wife is faithful.
14. Who does Prospero release from servitude at the end of The Tempest?
15. Which of the following characters does not die at the end of King Lear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who marries Cordelia at the beginning of King Lear?
2. When does Sycorax die in The Tempest?
3. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
4. What request does Beatrice make of Benedick after Hero's honor is questioned?
5. Lying to his father in Two Gentlemen of Verona, Proteus says his letter from Julia is from whom?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)