|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
(a) He assumes it is a jest.
(b) He wants to show Shylock he is not afraid.
(c) He does not read the full bond.
(d) He knows no court will honor it.
2. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. When does Sycorax die in The Tempest?
(a) She didn't die.
(b) The moment Prospero and Mirand arrive at the island.
(c) Days after Prospero and Mirand arrive at the island.
(d) Before Prospero and Mirand arrive at the island.
4. Why do Belarius, Polydore and Cadwal leave Imogen in the woods?
(a) They think she is dead.
(b) They think she is an assassin.
(c) They believe she is a wood sprite.
(d) They want to keep her safe from scouts.
5. Which of the following characters does not die at the end of King Lear?
6. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
7. Who has gone to war with Britain in Cymbeline?
(c) The Turks.
8. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
(a) The duke.
9. What do Orlando and the disguised Rosaline discuss when they meet in Arden?
(d) Forest fruits.
10. Who does Demetrius marry at the end of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
11. What does Rosalind give Orlando when she first meets him?
(a) A book of poems.
(b) Her handkerchief.
(c) Her neck chain.
(d) A lock of her hair.
12. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) As a page.
(b) As a courtier.
(c) As a messenger.
(d) As a smith.
13. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He loves SIlvia too.
(b) He intends to help them leave Milan.
(c) He has sworn feelty to the duke.
(d) He does no know the duke has other plans for Silvia.
14. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
15. How does Julia respond to Valentine's offering of Silvia to Proteus?
(a) She storms off.
(b) She faints.
(c) She reveals herself.
(d) She cries bitterly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Macduff not pertain to the prophecy the witches give Macbeth?
2. What wild animal kill Antigones in The Winter's Tale?
3. In The Tempest, where on the island do Sycorax imprison good spirits?
4. What news does the wicked Queen tell the King at the beginning of Cymbeline?
5. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)