|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Winter's Tale, Polixenes is the king of what kingdom?
2. What is the root of Oberon and Titania's feud in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) Titania refuses to let the rain fall.
(b) Oberon refuses to allow the sun rise.
(c) Titania suspects Oberon of infidelity.
(d) Both want a changeling boy.
3. What request does Beatrice make of Benedick after Hero's honor is questioned?
(a) That he marry her.
(b) That he kill Claudio.
(c) That he prove Hero's innocence.
(d) That he leave Messina.
4. How does Lamb describe Hero at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
5. At his castles, what appears before Macbeth directing him to Duncan's chamber?
(a) A stream of blood.
(b) A black horse.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A witch.
6. How does Prospero bring his enemies to the island in The Tempest?
(a) A siren's song.
(b) A transporting spell.
(c) A steady wind.
(d) A storm.
7. In Cymbeline, why does the King raise Posthumus?
(a) His father was a royal night.
(b) He brings good luck to the kingdom.
(c) He is the King's favorite fool.
(d) He saved the queen's life.
8. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He wants to marry a wealthy heiress.
(b) He wants to start a shipping business.
(c) He wants to buy land in the country.
(d) He needs to pay off gambling debts.
9. Where do Belarius and her two brothers, Polydore and Cadwal, live?
(a) A ship's hull.
(b) A hovel.
(c) A castle.
(d) A cave.
10. Lying to his father in Two Gentlemen of Verona, Proteus says his letter from Julia is from whom?
(c) The duke of Milan.
11. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
12. In The Tempest, what important items does Prospero have that allow him to use magic on the island?
13. What act of fidelity do Julia and Proteus commit when parting ways at the the beginning of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) They exchange rings.
(b) He gives her a lock of his hair.
(c) He takes her portrait.
(d) They pray together.
14. Why does Macduff not pertain to the prophecy the witches give Macbeth?
(a) He was a breach birth.
(b) He was cut from his mother's womb.
(c) He never knew his mother.
(d) He was born prematurely.
15. What does Portia disguise herself as at the end of Merchant of Venice?
(a) A knight.
(b) A queen.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) An accountant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
2. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
3. Who is the second human Miranda meets in The Tempest?
4. Which of the following characters does not die at the end of King Lear?
5. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)