|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he give them all his gold.
(b) That he show them the way out of the wood.
(c) That he be their leader.
(d) That he deliver a message to the duke.
2. Who marries Cordelia at the beginning of King Lear?
(a) The King of Spain.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The King of Milan.
(d) The King of Padua.
3. How does Lady Macbeth convince her husband to kill Duncan?
(a) She reminds him he will be king.
(b) She threatens to do it herself.
(c) She uses reverse psychology.
(d) She calls him a coward.
4. What wild animal kill Antigones in The Winter's Tale?
(a) A bear.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A shark.
5. In Merchant of Venice, how does Shylock make money as a usurer?
(a) He invests in fishing interests.
(b) He collects finder's fees.
(c) He runs a textile-works on the side.
(d) He charges interest.
6. At the beginning of King Lear, Cordelia says she loves her father to what extent?
(a) As much as she loves her husband.
(b) As much as her life.
(c) As much as her duty says.
(d) As much as a ll the world combined.
7. What two dangerous animals does Orlando save Oliver from in As You Like It?
(a) A bear and a tarantula.
(b) A lion and a snake.
(c) A wolf and a scorpion.
(d) An eagle and a shark.
8. Which character does Nerissa fall in love with in Merchant of Venice?
9. What does Rosalind give Orlando when she first meets him?
(a) A lock of her hair.
(b) A book of poems.
(c) Her neck chain.
(d) Her handkerchief.
10. What earl helps the mad Lear escape to France?
11. Why do Belarius, Polydore and Cadwal leave Imogen in the woods?
(a) They believe she is a wood sprite.
(b) They think she is an assassin.
(c) They think she is dead.
(d) They want to keep her safe from scouts.
12. The ghost of which character appears at Macbeth's banquet?
(b) Lady Macduff.
(c) The thane of Cawdor.
13. What relative does Lysander plan to flee to with his beloved in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His sister.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His grandmother.
14. Where does Camillo offer to marry Perdita and Florizel to avoid Leontes' wrath in The Winter's Tale?
15. How do Claudio and Don Pedro indicate to Benedick that Beatrice loves him in Much Ado About Nothing?
(a) They tell him outright.
(b) They leave a note for him to find.
(c) They let him overhear a conversation.
(d) They show him Beatrice's journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What non-medial condition kills Mamillius in The Winter's Tale?
2. Who does Demetrius marry at the end of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. Why does Macduff not pertain to the prophecy the witches give Macbeth?
4. What does Prospero do to Antonio when the two meet at the end of The Tempest?
5. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)