|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lear wander into a storm at night?
(a) He is looking for Cordelia.
(b) He wants to gather an army together.
(c) He does not want to live with his daughters.
(d) He has not bathed in days.
2. What does Prospero do to Antonio when the two meet at the end of The Tempest?
(a) He forgives him.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He imprisons him in a tree.
(d) He marries him to Miranda.
3. In Merchant of Venice, why can Antonio not pay his bond to Shylock?
(a) His lands are seized by the state.
(b) His ships sink.
(c) His crops whither.
(d) His father recovers his health.
4. Which character concocts a devious plot to break up a marriage in Much Ado Ado Nothing?
(a) Don Pedro.
(c) Don John.
5. How does Julia respond to Valentine's offering of Silvia to Proteus?
(a) She storms off.
(b) She cries bitterly.
(c) She reveals herself.
(d) She faints.
6. How does Antonio expect to be able to pay Shylock at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He can draw from his savings.
(b) He will harvest his olives early.
(c) He has ships coming in.
(d) His father is about to die.
7. What non-medial condition kills Mamillius in The Winter's Tale?
8. In The Tempest, where on the island do Sycorax imprison good spirits?
(a) In clouds.
(b) Under the sands.
(c) In trees.
(d) In the water.
9. Who tips off Orlando that his life is in danger in As You Like It?
(d) The duke.
10. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He loves SIlvia too.
(b) He does no know the duke has other plans for Silvia.
(c) He has sworn feelty to the duke.
(d) He intends to help them leave Milan.
11. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
12. Who does Demetrius marry at the end of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
13. What two dangerous animals does Orlando save Oliver from in As You Like It?
(a) A wolf and a scorpion.
(b) A lion and a snake.
(c) An eagle and a shark.
(d) A bear and a tarantula.
14. What act of fidelity do Julia and Proteus commit when parting ways at the the beginning of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He gives her a lock of his hair.
(b) They pray together.
(c) They exchange rings.
(d) He takes her portrait.
15. How does Lamb describe Hero at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
2. What does Rosalind give Orlando when she first meets him?
3. Why do Belarius, Polydore and Cadwal leave Imogen in the woods?
4. Who has gone to war with Britain in Cymbeline?
5. When does Sycorax die in The Tempest?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)