|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the root of Oberon and Titania's feud in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) Titania refuses to let the rain fall.
(b) Both want a changeling boy.
(c) Titania suspects Oberon of infidelity.
(d) Oberon refuses to allow the sun rise.
2. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
3. Who is the beggar whose hovel Lear sleeps in during the storm?
(c) The fool.
4. In whose clothes is Margaret dressed as part of the devious plot in Much Ado About Nothing?
(c) Don Pedro's.
5. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
(a) The prince-regent of England.
(b) The Pope.
(c) A duke of Milan.
(d) The king of Naples.
6. In The Tempest, what important items does Prospero have that allow him to use magic on the island?
7. Which of the following characters dies at the end of Cymbeline?
(b) The wicked Queen.
(d) The King.
8. What two dangerous animals does Orlando save Oliver from in As You Like It?
(a) A bear and a tarantula.
(b) A lion and a snake.
(c) A wolf and a scorpion.
(d) An eagle and a shark.
9. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He wants to return to the land.
(b) He is banished by his brother.
(c) He elopes with a lowborn love.
(d) He goes mad.
10. What does the juice of the purple flower do to people in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) It makes them wake up.
(b) It makes them fall asleep.
(c) It makes them fall in love.
(d) It makes them fall out of love.
11. Where does Iachomo tell Pisanio to kill Imogen in Cymbeline?
12. In Much Ado About Nothing, what does Hero do when accused of infidelity?
(a) She storms out.
(b) She faints.
(c) She slaps Don Pedro.
(d) She admits to it.
13. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, what penalty does Hermia face if she refuses he father's choice of marriage?
(b) Public mockery.
(c) Forced nunnery.
(d) Life imprisonment.
14. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He wants to buy land in the country.
(b) He needs to pay off gambling debts.
(c) He wants to marry a wealthy heiress.
(d) He wants to start a shipping business.
15. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
Short Answer Questions
1. In As You Like it, how does Oliver plan to kill Orlando after his initial plan fails?
2. What item does Iachomo want to gain from Posthumus when they meet in Cymbeline?
3. In The Tempest, where on the island do Sycorax imprison good spirits?
4. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
5. Which of the following characters does not die at the end of King Lear?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)