|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he be their leader.
(b) That he deliver a message to the duke.
(c) That he give them all his gold.
(d) That he show them the way out of the wood.
2. In The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes want his counselors to ask the oracle at Delphos?
(a) If his son will be king.
(b) If his kingdom is safe.
(c) If Polixenes is dead.
(d) If his wife is faithful.
3. What does Hermione disguise herself as at the end of The Winter's Tale?
(a) A bear.
(b) A maidservant.
(c) A statue.
(d) A man.
4. What does Prospero do to Antonio when the two meet at the end of The Tempest?
(a) He forgives him.
(b) He imprisons him in a tree.
(c) He marries him to Miranda.
(d) He kills him.
5. What is Edmund's brother's name?
6. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
(a) The queen.
7. What item does Iachomo want to gain from Posthumus when they meet in Cymbeline?
(a) His prayerbook.
(b) His sack of gold.
(c) His hat.
(d) His ring.
8. How does Prospero bring his enemies to the island in The Tempest?
(a) A siren's song.
(b) A steady wind.
(c) A storm.
(d) A transporting spell.
9. What earl helps the mad Lear escape to France?
10. What do Orlando and the disguised Rosaline discuss when they meet in Arden?
(c) Forest fruits.
11. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
(a) Banquo will be killed.
(b) Macbeth will be king.
(c) Banquo's children will be kings.
(d) Macbeth will be the thane of Cawdor.
12. What news does the wicked Queen tell the King at the beginning of Cymbeline?
(a) Imogen and Posthumus are married.
(b) There is a poisoner in the court.
(c) Imogen is not his true daughter.
(d) Posthumus attempted to ravish her.
13. How is Silvia related to the Duke of Milan?
(a) She is his daughter.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his wife.
(d) She is his aunt.
14. How do Claudio and Don Pedro indicate to Benedick that Beatrice loves him in Much Ado About Nothing?
(a) They leave a note for him to find.
(b) They let him overhear a conversation.
(c) They tell him outright.
(d) They show him Beatrice's journal.
15. Who does Demetrius marry at the end of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. In As You Like it, how does Oliver plan to kill Orlando after his initial plan fails?
2. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
3. Where do Belarius and her two brothers, Polydore and Cadwal, live?
4. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
5. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, what penalty does Hermia face if she refuses he father's choice of marriage?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)