|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Claudio and Don Pedro indicate to Benedick that Beatrice loves him in Much Ado About Nothing?
(a) They let him overhear a conversation.
(b) They show him Beatrice's journal.
(c) They tell him outright.
(d) They leave a note for him to find.
2. At the end of As You Like It, whom does the duke's brother meet as he enters the forest to kill him?
(a) A greek goddess.
(b) A hermit.
(c) A beautiful maid.
(d) A bear.
3. The ghost of which character appears at Macbeth's banquet?
(a) Lady Macduff.
(b) The thane of Cawdor.
4. In Cymbeline, why does the King raise Posthumus?
(a) He brings good luck to the kingdom.
(b) His father was a royal night.
(c) He saved the queen's life.
(d) He is the King's favorite fool.
5. Who concocts the scheme to marry Beatrice and Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing?
(b) Don Pedro.
6. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
(d) Riding a horse.
7. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
(a) His lodging.
(b) His fool.
(c) His knights.
(d) His jewels.
8. At his castles, what appears before Macbeth directing him to Duncan's chamber?
(a) A witch.
(b) A stream of blood.
(c) A black horse.
(d) A dagger.
9. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
10. How does Julia respond to Valentine's offering of Silvia to Proteus?
(a) She reveals herself.
(b) She cries bitterly.
(c) She faints.
(d) She storms off.
11. What do Orlando and the disguised Rosaline discuss when they meet in Arden?
(c) Forest fruits.
12. What news does the wicked Queen tell the King at the beginning of Cymbeline?
(a) Imogen and Posthumus are married.
(b) There is a poisoner in the court.
(c) Imogen is not his true daughter.
(d) Posthumus attempted to ravish her.
13. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
(a) Macbeth will be king.
(b) Banquo will be killed.
(c) Macbeth will be the thane of Cawdor.
(d) Banquo's children will be kings.
14. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he deliver a message to the duke.
(b) That he be their leader.
(c) That he give them all his gold.
(d) That he show them the way out of the wood.
15. Where does Iachomo tell Pisanio to kill Imogen in Cymbeline?
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does Antonio learn after winning his case against Shylock?
2. What name does Kent take to follow Lear in disguise?
3. What does the wicked queen tell Pisanio the vial of potion she gives him is?
4. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
5. Where does Camillo offer to marry Perdita and Florizel to avoid Leontes' wrath in The Winter's Tale?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)