|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
(d) The queen.
2. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
(a) He wants him set ablaze.
(b) He wants him thrown from the battlements.
(c) He wants him stabbed.
(d) He wants him poisoned.
3. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
(b) The duke.
4. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, what penalty does Hermia face if she refuses he father's choice of marriage?
(a) Forced nunnery.
(b) Life imprisonment.
(c) Public mockery.
5. How does Prospero bring his enemies to the island in The Tempest?
(a) A storm.
(b) A transporting spell.
(c) A siren's song.
(d) A steady wind.
6. In As You Like it, how does Oliver plan to kill Orlando after his initial plan fails?
(a) He will stab him at the church.
(b) He will burn him in his bed.
(c) He will poison his brandywine.
(d) He will throw him from his horse.
7. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
8. Who tips off Orlando that his life is in danger in As You Like It?
(d) The duke.
9. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He goes mad.
(b) He wants to return to the land.
(c) He elopes with a lowborn love.
(d) He is banished by his brother.
10. Which of the following characters does not die at the end of King Lear?
11. Who has gone to war with Britain in Cymbeline?
(a) The Turks.
12. Why does Macduff not pertain to the prophecy the witches give Macbeth?
(a) He was cut from his mother's womb.
(b) He was a breach birth.
(c) He was born prematurely.
(d) He never knew his mother.
13. In whose clothes is Margaret dressed as part of the devious plot in Much Ado About Nothing?
(a) Don Pedro's.
14. Who does Prospero release from servitude at the end of The Tempest?
15. How do Claudio and Don Pedro indicate to Benedick that Beatrice loves him in Much Ado About Nothing?
(a) They let him overhear a conversation.
(b) They leave a note for him to find.
(c) They show him Beatrice's journal.
(d) They tell him outright.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ghost of which character appears at Macbeth's banquet?
2. How does Julia respond to Valentine's offering of Silvia to Proteus?
3. At the beginning of The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes order regarding his new daughter?
4. What news does the wicked Queen tell the King at the beginning of Cymbeline?
5. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)