|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
2. Where do Belarius and her two brothers, Polydore and Cadwal, live?
(a) A hovel.
(b) A castle.
(c) A ship's hull.
(d) A cave.
3. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
4. Who marries Cordelia at the beginning of King Lear?
(a) The King of France.
(b) The King of Milan.
(c) The King of Padua.
(d) The King of Spain.
5. What wild animal kill Antigones in The Winter's Tale?
(a) A shark.
(b) A bear.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A hawk.
6. In Cymbeline, why does the King raise Posthumus?
(a) He brings good luck to the kingdom.
(b) His father was a royal night.
(c) He is the King's favorite fool.
(d) He saved the queen's life.
7. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
(a) The queen.
8. What does the juice of the purple flower do to people in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) It makes them fall asleep.
(b) It makes them fall in love.
(c) It makes them wake up.
(d) It makes them fall out of love.
9. At the end of Much Ado About Nothing, Hero pretends to be her own what?
10. What does Portia disguise herself as at the end of Merchant of Venice?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A queen.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A knight.
11. Why do Belarius, Polydore and Cadwal leave Imogen in the woods?
(a) They believe she is a wood sprite.
(b) They think she is dead.
(c) They think she is an assassin.
(d) They want to keep her safe from scouts.
12. Who tips off Orlando that his life is in danger in As You Like It?
(d) The duke.
13. Lying to his father in Two Gentlemen of Verona, Proteus says his letter from Julia is from whom?
(b) The duke of Milan.
14. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He loves SIlvia too.
(b) He has sworn feelty to the duke.
(c) He intends to help them leave Milan.
(d) He does no know the duke has other plans for Silvia.
15. What act of fidelity do Julia and Proteus commit when parting ways at the the beginning of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He gives her a lock of his hair.
(b) They exchange rings.
(c) They pray together.
(d) He takes her portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
2. Why is King Lear dividing up his kingdom?
3. At his castles, what appears before Macbeth directing him to Duncan's chamber?
4. What does Rosalind give Orlando when she first meets him?
5. What news does the wicked Queen tell the King at the beginning of Cymbeline?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)