|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the root of Oberon and Titania's feud in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) Titania suspects Oberon of infidelity.
(b) Oberon refuses to allow the sun rise.
(c) Titania refuses to let the rain fall.
(d) Both want a changeling boy.
2. How does Lamb describe Hero at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
3. What does Portia disguise herself as at the end of Merchant of Venice?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A knight.
(c) A queen.
(d) An accountant.
4. How is Silvia related to the Duke of Milan?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is his daughter.
(c) She is his wife.
(d) She is his sister.
5. How does Valentine meet Silvia in the wood in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) She fights of wolves for her.
(b) He treats a spider bite for her.
(c) He pulls her from a trap.
(d) He saves her from bandits.
6. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
(b) The duke.
7. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He goes mad.
(b) He is banished by his brother.
(c) He wants to return to the land.
(d) He elopes with a lowborn love.
8. What does Hermione disguise herself as at the end of The Winter's Tale?
(a) A man.
(b) A maidservant.
(c) A statue.
(d) A bear.
9. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
(a) Riding a horse.
10. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
(a) His jewels.
(b) His knights.
(c) His fool.
(d) His lodging.
11. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He wants to marry a wealthy heiress.
(b) He needs to pay off gambling debts.
(c) He wants to buy land in the country.
(d) He wants to start a shipping business.
12. Who constantly torments Caliban at the beginning of The Tempest?
13. Where do Belarius and her two brothers, Polydore and Cadwal, live?
(a) A cave.
(b) A castle.
(c) A ship's hull.
(d) A hovel.
14. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He loves SIlvia too.
(b) He does no know the duke has other plans for Silvia.
(c) He intends to help them leave Milan.
(d) He has sworn feelty to the duke.
15. What does Prospero do to Antonio when the two meet at the end of The Tempest?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He imprisons him in a tree.
(c) He forgives him.
(d) He marries him to Miranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Kent take to follow Lear in disguise?
2. Who tips off Orlando that his life is in danger in As You Like It?
3. Who is the beggar whose hovel Lear sleeps in during the storm?
4. Who concocts the scheme to marry Beatrice and Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing?
5. How does Prospero bring his enemies to the island in The Tempest?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)