|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Ariel take on the island in The Tempest?
(a) Prospero's assistant.
(b) Miranda's ward.
(c) Caliban's accomplice.
(d) Sycorax's suitor.
2. What do Orlando and the disguised Rosaline discuss when they meet in Arden?
(d) Forest fruits.
3. Who does Prospero release from servitude at the end of The Tempest?
4. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
(a) His jewels.
(b) His lodging.
(c) His knights.
(d) His fool.
5. Which character does Nerissa fall in love with in Merchant of Venice?
6. What good news does Antonio learn after winning his case against Shylock?
(a) His ships are not lost.
(b) He has been promoted to magistrate.
(c) His father will not die.
(d) Nerissa accepts his hand in marriage.
7. Who has gone to war with Britain in Cymbeline?
(a) The Turks.
8. How is Silvia related to the Duke of Milan?
(a) She is his sister.
(b) She is his daughter.
(c) She is his aunt.
(d) She is his wife.
9. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) As a page.
(b) As a smith.
(c) As a messenger.
(d) As a courtier.
10. In Cymbeline, why does the King raise Posthumus?
(a) He is the King's favorite fool.
(b) He brings good luck to the kingdom.
(c) He saved the queen's life.
(d) His father was a royal night.
11. Who constantly torments Caliban at the beginning of The Tempest?
12. What does Portia disguise herself as at the end of Merchant of Venice?
(a) A knight.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A queen.
(d) A lawyer.
13. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
(a) The duke.
14. Which of the following characters dies at the end of Cymbeline?
(a) The King.
(b) The wicked Queen.
15. Lying to his father in Two Gentlemen of Verona, Proteus says his letter from Julia is from whom?
(d) The duke of Milan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
2. Who marries Cordelia at the beginning of King Lear?
3. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
4. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, what penalty does Hermia face if she refuses he father's choice of marriage?
5. Which character concocts a devious plot to break up a marriage in Much Ado Ado Nothing?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)