|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Claudio and Don Pedro indicate to Benedick that Beatrice loves him in Much Ado About Nothing?
(a) They show him Beatrice's journal.
(b) They tell him outright.
(c) They let him overhear a conversation.
(d) They leave a note for him to find.
2. In Cymbeline, why does the King raise Posthumus?
(a) He brings good luck to the kingdom.
(b) He saved the queen's life.
(c) He is the King's favorite fool.
(d) His father was a royal night.
3. Why is King Lear dividing up his kingdom?
(a) He wants to give his daughters a gift.
(b) He wants to leave England.
(c) She hates being king.
(d) He is old and tired.
4. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A night of drinking.
(c) A diplomatic summit.
(d) A war.
5. What act of fidelity do Julia and Proteus commit when parting ways at the the beginning of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) They pray together.
(b) They exchange rings.
(c) He takes her portrait.
(d) He gives her a lock of his hair.
6. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
(a) He wants him stabbed.
(b) He wants him set ablaze.
(c) He wants him poisoned.
(d) He wants him thrown from the battlements.
7. In what state does Cordelia's army find the mad Lear?
(a) Asleep int he Dover castle.
(b) Wandering a field.
(c) Swimmin in a filthy brook.
(d) Raving in a ravine.
8. What does Hermione disguise herself as at the end of The Winter's Tale?
(a) A statue.
(b) A man.
(c) A maidservant.
(d) A bear.
9. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he be their leader.
(b) That he deliver a message to the duke.
(c) That he show them the way out of the wood.
(d) That he give them all his gold.
10. At the beginning of Macbeth, the title character is than of what township?
11. What does the wicked queen tell Pisanio the vial of potion she gives him is?
(a) A poison.
(b) A tonic.
(c) A cordial.
(d) A liquour.
12. Who concocts the scheme to marry Beatrice and Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing?
(b) Don Pedro.
13. In The Winter's Tale, Polixenes is the king of what kingdom?
14. In The Tempest, what important items does Prospero have that allow him to use magic on the island?
15. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
(a) The Pope.
(b) A duke of Milan.
(c) The prince-regent of England.
(d) The king of Naples.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character concocts a devious plot to break up a marriage in Much Ado Ado Nothing?
2. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
3. Where does Iachomo tell Pisanio to kill Imogen in Cymbeline?
4. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
5. What earl helps the mad Lear escape to France?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)