|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
(a) The prince-regent of England.
(b) The king of Naples.
(c) The Pope.
(d) A duke of Milan.
2. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he show them the way out of the wood.
(b) That he be their leader.
(c) That he give them all his gold.
(d) That he deliver a message to the duke.
3. In Much Ado About Nothing, what does Hero do when accused of infidelity?
(a) She faints.
(b) She admits to it.
(c) She slaps Don Pedro.
(d) She storms out.
4. What does Prospero do to Antonio when the two meet at the end of The Tempest?
(a) He marries him to Miranda.
(b) He kills him.
(c) He forgives him.
(d) He imprisons him in a tree.
5. What does Portia disguise herself as at the end of Merchant of Venice?
(a) A queen.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A knight.
6. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A night of drinking.
(c) A war.
(d) A diplomatic summit.
7. What do Orlando and the disguised Rosaline discuss when they meet in Arden?
(c) Forest fruits.
8. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) As a messenger.
(b) As a page.
(c) As a smith.
(d) As a courtier.
9. What does Rosalind give Orlando when she first meets him?
(a) Her handkerchief.
(b) Her neck chain.
(c) A book of poems.
(d) A lock of her hair.
10. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He goes mad.
(b) He elopes with a lowborn love.
(c) He is banished by his brother.
(d) He wants to return to the land.
11. At the end of As You Like It, whom does the duke's brother meet as he enters the forest to kill him?
(a) A hermit.
(b) A beautiful maid.
(c) A greek goddess.
(d) A bear.
12. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
(c) The queen.
13. What is Edmund's brother's name?
14. In Cymbeline, why does the King raise Posthumus?
(a) He is the King's favorite fool.
(b) His father was a royal night.
(c) He saved the queen's life.
(d) He brings good luck to the kingdom.
15. Who does Prospero release from servitude at the end of The Tempest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Iachomo want to gain from Posthumus when they meet in Cymbeline?
2. Why does Lear wander into a storm at night?
3. What does Hermione disguise herself as at the end of The Winter's Tale?
4. At the end of Much Ado About Nothing, Hero pretends to be her own what?
5. In As You Like it, how does Oliver plan to kill Orlando after his initial plan fails?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)