|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
(a) He wants him set ablaze.
(b) He wants him thrown from the battlements.
(c) He wants him stabbed.
(d) He wants him poisoned.
2. Where does Iachomo tell Pisanio to kill Imogen in Cymbeline?
3. What does Rosalind give Orlando when she first meets him?
(a) A book of poems.
(b) A lock of her hair.
(c) Her neck chain.
(d) Her handkerchief.
4. In The Tempest, where on the island do Sycorax imprison good spirits?
(a) In clouds.
(b) Under the sands.
(c) In trees.
(d) In the water.
5. Who is the beggar whose hovel Lear sleeps in during the storm?
(a) The fool.
6. Who tips off Orlando that his life is in danger in As You Like It?
(d) The duke.
7. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
(d) Riding a horse.
8. Who concocts the scheme to marry Beatrice and Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing?
(d) Don Pedro.
9. Who has gone to war with Britain in Cymbeline?
(d) The Turks.
10. In The Winter's Tale, Polixenes is the king of what kingdom?
11. Who does Demetrius marry at the end of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
12. Which of the following characters does not die at the end of King Lear?
13. Which of the following characters dies at the end of Cymbeline?
(a) The King.
(d) The wicked Queen.
14. How does Valentine meet Silvia in the wood in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He pulls her from a trap.
(b) He treats a spider bite for her.
(c) She fights of wolves for her.
(d) He saves her from bandits.
15. What name does Kent take to follow Lear in disguise?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia disguise herself as at the end of Merchant of Venice?
2. Where do Belarius and her two brothers, Polydore and Cadwal, live?
3. What news does the wicked Queen tell the King at the beginning of Cymbeline?
4. What non-medial condition kills Mamillius in The Winter's Tale?
5. How is Silvia related to the Duke of Milan?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)