|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Valentine meet Silvia in the wood in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He treats a spider bite for her.
(b) She fights of wolves for her.
(c) He pulls her from a trap.
(d) He saves her from bandits.
2. What name does Kent take to follow Lear in disguise?
3. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
4. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
(a) Banquo will be killed.
(b) Macbeth will be the thane of Cawdor.
(c) Banquo's children will be kings.
(d) Macbeth will be king.
5. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
(a) He wants him stabbed.
(b) He wants him poisoned.
(c) He wants him set ablaze.
(d) He wants him thrown from the battlements.
6. At his castles, what appears before Macbeth directing him to Duncan's chamber?
(a) A stream of blood.
(b) A black horse.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A witch.
7. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
(a) The Pope.
(b) A duke of Milan.
(c) The king of Naples.
(d) The prince-regent of England.
8. In Merchant of Venice, why can Antonio not pay his bond to Shylock?
(a) His lands are seized by the state.
(b) His father recovers his health.
(c) His ships sink.
(d) His crops whither.
9. How does Julia respond to Valentine's offering of Silvia to Proteus?
(a) She storms off.
(b) She faints.
(c) She cries bitterly.
(d) She reveals herself.
10. Why is King Lear dividing up his kingdom?
(a) He is old and tired.
(b) She hates being king.
(c) He wants to give his daughters a gift.
(d) He wants to leave England.
11. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
(a) Riding a horse.
12. Which character does Nerissa fall in love with in Merchant of Venice?
13. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
(a) The duke.
14. What non-medial condition kills Mamillius in The Winter's Tale?
15. Who tips off Orlando that his life is in danger in As You Like It?
(d) The duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Belarius, Polydore and Cadwal leave Imogen in the woods?
2. How does Lady Macbeth convince her husband to kill Duncan?
3. How do Claudio and Don Pedro indicate to Benedick that Beatrice loves him in Much Ado About Nothing?
4. In The Tempest, where on the island do Sycorax imprison good spirits?
5. Who is the second human Miranda meets in The Tempest?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)