|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Orlando and the disguised Rosaline discuss when they meet in Arden?
(c) Forest fruits.
2. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
3. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) As a courtier.
(b) As a messenger.
(c) As a smith.
(d) As a page.
4. How does Antonio expect to be able to pay Shylock at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) His father is about to die.
(b) He has ships coming in.
(c) He will harvest his olives early.
(d) He can draw from his savings.
5. What is the root of Oberon and Titania's feud in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) Titania suspects Oberon of infidelity.
(b) Oberon refuses to allow the sun rise.
(c) Both want a changeling boy.
(d) Titania refuses to let the rain fall.
6. In The Winter's Tale, Polixenes is the king of what kingdom?
7. Why do Belarius, Polydore and Cadwal leave Imogen in the woods?
(a) They think she is dead.
(b) They believe she is a wood sprite.
(c) They think she is an assassin.
(d) They want to keep her safe from scouts.
8. What does the wicked queen tell Pisanio the vial of potion she gives him is?
(a) A liquour.
(b) A poison.
(c) A cordial.
(d) A tonic.
9. Where does Iachomo tell Pisanio to kill Imogen in Cymbeline?
10. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
(a) His lodging.
(b) His fool.
(c) His knights.
(d) His jewels.
11. What wild animal kill Antigones in The Winter's Tale?
(a) A shark.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A hawk.
12. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
(a) He wants him stabbed.
(b) He wants him poisoned.
(c) He wants him thrown from the battlements.
(d) He wants him set ablaze.
13. What act of fidelity do Julia and Proteus commit when parting ways at the the beginning of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) They pray together.
(b) He gives her a lock of his hair.
(c) They exchange rings.
(d) He takes her portrait.
14. At the beginning of Macbeth, the title character is than of what township?
15. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
(a) The queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
2. What two dangerous animals does Orlando save Oliver from in As You Like It?
3. In The Tempest, where on the island do Sycorax imprison good spirits?
4. Where does Camillo offer to marry Perdita and Florizel to avoid Leontes' wrath in The Winter's Tale?
5. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)