|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Othello and Pericles, Prince of Tyre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have Romeo and Juliet never met before the ball?
(a) They are from different towns.
(b) Juliet was never allowed to leave her family's estate.
(c) Their families are feuding.
(d) Romeo has been at university.
2. What does Hamlet happen upon when he returns to Elsinore from England?
(a) Claudius's coronation.
(b) Gertrude's remarriage.
(c) Ophelia's funeral.
(d) Laerte's reembarking.
3. What disguise does the Duke maintain while Angelo is in power in Measure for Measure?
4. In Taming of the Shrew, why does Petruchio say Katharine should not eat on their wedding night?
(a) The food much be poisonned.
(b) It is Petruchio's family tradition to starve the bride.
(c) She is putting on too much weight.
(d) The food is not good enough for her.
5. What request does Beatrice make of Benedick after Hero's honor is questioned?
(a) That he prove Hero's innocence.
(b) That he leave Messina.
(c) That he marry her.
(d) That he kill Claudio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago suspect Emilia of?
2. Which character does Nerissa fall in love with in Merchant of Venice?
3. Why does Bertram think he is within his rights to propose to Diana in All's Well That Ends Well?
4. What is Isabel supposed to do the day she pleads to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
5. What earl helps the mad Lear escape to France?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)