|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Othello and Pericles, Prince of Tyre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) As a messenger.
(b) As a page.
(c) As a courtier.
(d) As a smith.
2. How does Julia respond to Valentine's offering of Silvia to Proteus?
(a) She storms off.
(b) She reveals herself.
(c) She cries bitterly.
(d) She faints.
3. What does Katharine do when Petruchio does not show for their wedding in Taming of the Shrew?
4. What good do Romeo and Juliet's deaths bring at the end of the story?
(a) Tybalt is released from jail.
(b) Benvolio marries a Capulet.
(c) The prince declares war at an end.
(d) The families are reconciled.
5. How does Othello die?
(a) He falls on his sword.
(b) Iago kills him.
(c) He is executed by the Venetian state.
(d) He perishes in a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Comedy of Errors, where do the twins of Syracuse seek shelter in Ephesus?
2. In Merchant of Venice, how does Shylock make money as a usurer?
3. What does Hamlet happen upon when he returns to Elsinore from England?
4. At the end of As You Like It, whom does the duke's brother meet as he enters the forest to kill him?
5. In Comedy of Errors, how can a merchant from Syracuse avoid death in Ephesus?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)