|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twelfth Night; or, What You Will and Timon of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death is Olivia mourning at the beginning of Twelfth Night?
(a) Her maid's.
(b) Her father's.
(c) St. Stephen's.
(d) Her brother's.
2. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
3. In The Tempest, where on the island do Sycorax imprison good spirits?
(a) Under the sands.
(b) In the water.
(c) In clouds.
(d) In trees.
4. What does the jail provost send the Duke in Measure for Measure to ensure Claudio's safety?
(a) A key.
(b) A jailer's bond.
(c) A hundred ducats.
(d) A human head.
5. Why does Macduff not pertain to the prophecy the witches give Macbeth?
(a) He was cut from his mother's womb.
(b) He never knew his mother.
(c) He was a breach birth.
(d) He was born prematurely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angelo threaten the disguised Duke with at the end of Measure for Measure?
2. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
3. At the end of Much Ado About Nothing, Hero pretends to be her own what?
4. How is Viola's work with Orsino immediately complicated in Twelfth Night?
5. What does the juice of the purple flower do to people in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)