|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twelfth Night; or, What You Will and Timon of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Macbeth convince her husband to kill Duncan?
(a) She threatens to do it herself.
(b) She uses reverse psychology.
(c) She calls him a coward.
(d) She reminds him he will be king.
2. What false name does Viola take when she enters Orsino's employ in Twelfth Night?
3. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He wants to buy land in the country.
(b) He needs to pay off gambling debts.
(c) He wants to start a shipping business.
(d) He wants to marry a wealthy heiress.
4. What does Timon of Athens find while digging in the dirt?
(a) A box of gold.
(b) A human skull.
(c) A magic stone.
(d) A Bible.
5. In Taming of the Shrew, why does Petruchio say Katharine should not eat on their wedding night?
(a) The food much be poisonned.
(b) It is Petruchio's family tradition to starve the bride.
(c) She is putting on too much weight.
(d) The food is not good enough for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who constantly torments Caliban at the beginning of The Tempest?
2. In The Winter's Tale, what is Florizel when he first sees Perdita?
3. At the beginning of King Lear, Cordelia says she loves her father to what extent?
4. In The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes want his counselors to ask the oracle at Delphos?
5. At the beginning of Comedy of Errors, what does Aegeon offer for his life?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)