|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twelfth Night; or, What You Will and Timon of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Comedy of Errors, how can a merchant from Syracuse avoid death in Ephesus?
(a) Swear fealty to Ephesus.
(b) Pay a thousand marks.
(c) Marry a local girl.
(d) Reveal a state secret.
2. In All's Well That Ends Well, which of the following characters does not return to France immediately after Bertrand's marriage in Italy?
(a) The widow.
(d) The King.
3. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
(a) He owes Angelo a favor.
(b) He fears he will become unpopular.
(c) He wants the people to fear him.
(d) He is pulling an elaborate prank.
4. What does the King of France suspect Bertrand of in All's Well That Ends Well?
5. What is Mariana's connection to Angelo in Measure for Measure?
(a) She is his wife.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his former betrothed.
(d) She is his adopted daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Much Ado About Nothing, Hero pretends to be her own what?
2. Who concocts the scheme to marry Beatrice and Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing?
3. What false name does Viola take when she enters Orsino's employ in Twelfth Night?
4. Who tries to warn Timon of his bad habits?
5. What does Katharine do when Petruchio does not show for their wedding in Taming of the Shrew?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)