|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twelfth Night; or, What You Will and Timon of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lear wander into a storm at night?
(a) He has not bathed in days.
(b) He is looking for Cordelia.
(c) He does not want to live with his daughters.
(d) He wants to gather an army together.
2. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
(a) He assumes it is a jest.
(b) He knows no court will honor it.
(c) He does not read the full bond.
(d) He wants to show Shylock he is not afraid.
3. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, what penalty does Hermia face if she refuses he father's choice of marriage?
(a) Life imprisonment.
(c) Forced nunnery.
(d) Public mockery.
4. What does Angelo threaten the disguised Duke with at the end of Measure for Measure?
(b) A fine.
5. In The Tempest, where on the island do Sycorax imprison good spirits?
(a) In clouds.
(b) Under the sands.
(c) In trees.
(d) In the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
2. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
3. When does Aegeon's son ask Aegeon if he can search for his twin and mother?
4. What does the jail provost send the Duke in Measure for Measure to ensure Claudio's safety?
5. When does Sycorax die in The Tempest?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)