|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twelfth Night; or, What You Will and Timon of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
(a) He fears he will become unpopular.
(b) He owes Angelo a favor.
(c) He wants the people to fear him.
(d) He is pulling an elaborate prank.
2. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He wants to buy land in the country.
(b) He wants to marry a wealthy heiress.
(c) He needs to pay off gambling debts.
(d) He wants to start a shipping business.
3. What item does Iachomo want to gain from Posthumus when they meet in Cymbeline?
(a) His ring.
(b) His prayerbook.
(c) His hat.
(d) His sack of gold.
4. When does Sycorax die in The Tempest?
(a) Days after Prospero and Mirand arrive at the island.
(b) The moment Prospero and Mirand arrive at the island.
(c) She didn't die.
(d) Before Prospero and Mirand arrive at the island.
5. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
(a) The Pope.
(b) A duke of Milan.
(c) The prince-regent of England.
(d) The king of Naples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Timon make of Alcibiades at the end of his story?
2. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
3. How long does Aegeon search for his wife and other son before coming to Ephesus?
4. What role does Ariel take on the island in The Tempest?
5. What does Hermione disguise herself as at the end of The Winter's Tale?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)