|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Comedy of Errors and Measure For Measure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Tempest, what important items does Prospero have that allow him to use magic on the island?
2. In Comedy of Errors, how can a merchant from Syracuse avoid death in Ephesus?
(a) Marry a local girl.
(b) Pay a thousand marks.
(c) Reveal a state secret.
(d) Swear fealty to Ephesus.
3. In Merchant of Venice, how does Shylock make money as a usurer?
(a) He collects finder's fees.
(b) He invests in fishing interests.
(c) He charges interest.
(d) He runs a textile-works on the side.
4. Why do Belarius, Polydore and Cadwal leave Imogen in the woods?
(a) They want to keep her safe from scouts.
(b) They believe she is a wood sprite.
(c) They think she is dead.
(d) They think she is an assassin.
5. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
(a) His jewels.
(b) His knights.
(c) His lodging.
(d) His fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bertram think he is within his rights to propose to Diana in All's Well That Ends Well?
2. What does Angelo threaten the disguised Duke with at the end of Measure for Measure?
3. How does Antonio expect to be able to pay Shylock at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
4. In The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes want his counselors to ask the oracle at Delphos?
5. What item does Iachomo want to gain from Posthumus when they meet in Cymbeline?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)