|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Comedy of Errors and Measure For Measure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Claudio and Don Pedro indicate to Benedick that Beatrice loves him in Much Ado About Nothing?
(a) They leave a note for him to find.
(b) They tell him outright.
(c) They show him Beatrice's journal.
(d) They let him overhear a conversation.
2. In The Tempest, where on the island do Sycorax imprison good spirits?
(a) Under the sands.
(b) In the water.
(c) In trees.
(d) In clouds.
3. What does Petruchio declare he will do if he does not wed Katharine by Sunday?
(a) Leave Padua forever.
(b) Pay his competitors a years wages.
(c) Return his wedding garments.
(d) Become a friar.
4. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A night of drinking.
(c) A war.
(d) A diplomatic summit.
5. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
(a) He wants the people to fear him.
(b) He fears he will become unpopular.
(c) He owes Angelo a favor.
(d) He is pulling an elaborate prank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who concocts the scheme to marry Beatrice and Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing?
2. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
3. What does the fisherman in Comedy of Errors do with Antipholus and Dromio when they arrive in Ephesus?
4. At the beginning of Comedy of Errors, what does Aegeon offer for his life?
5. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)