|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Comedy of Errors and Measure For Measure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
2. In Comedy of Errors, how can a merchant from Syracuse avoid death in Ephesus?
(a) Swear fealty to Ephesus.
(b) Pay a thousand marks.
(c) Marry a local girl.
(d) Reveal a state secret.
3. At the beginning of King Lear, Cordelia says she loves her father to what extent?
(a) As much as her life.
(b) As much as her duty says.
(c) As much as a ll the world combined.
(d) As much as she loves her husband.
4. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, what penalty does Hermia face if she refuses he father's choice of marriage?
(a) Forced nunnery.
(b) Life imprisonment.
(d) Public mockery.
5. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
(a) Macbeth will be the thane of Cawdor.
(b) Banquo will be killed.
(c) Macbeth will be king.
(d) Banquo's children will be kings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
2. How is Silvia related to the Duke of Milan?
3. How does Antonio expect to be able to pay Shylock at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
4. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
5. What news does the wicked Queen tell the King at the beginning of Cymbeline?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)