|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through King Lear and Macbeth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He wants to buy land in the country.
(b) He needs to pay off gambling debts.
(c) He wants to start a shipping business.
(d) He wants to marry a wealthy heiress.
2. What act of fidelity do Julia and Proteus commit when parting ways at the the beginning of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He takes her portrait.
(b) He gives her a lock of his hair.
(c) They exchange rings.
(d) They pray together.
3. Which of the following characters does not die at the end of King Lear?
4. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
(a) Banquo's children will be kings.
(b) Banquo will be killed.
(c) Macbeth will be the thane of Cawdor.
(d) Macbeth will be king.
5. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, what penalty does Hermia face if she refuses he father's choice of marriage?
(a) Forced nunnery.
(b) Public mockery.
(d) Life imprisonment.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of King Lear, Cordelia says she loves her father to what extent?
2. What news does the wicked Queen tell the King at the beginning of Cymbeline?
3. How does Julia respond to Valentine's offering of Silvia to Proteus?
4. Which character does Nerissa fall in love with in Merchant of Venice?
5. At the beginning of Macbeth, the title character is than of what township?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)