|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through King Lear and Macbeth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who marries Cordelia at the beginning of King Lear?
(a) The King of Padua.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The King of Spain.
(d) The King of Milan.
2. What good news does Antonio learn after winning his case against Shylock?
(a) Nerissa accepts his hand in marriage.
(b) He has been promoted to magistrate.
(c) His ships are not lost.
(d) His father will not die.
3. In The Winter's Tale, Polixenes is the king of what kingdom?
4. What news does the wicked Queen tell the King at the beginning of Cymbeline?
(a) There is a poisoner in the court.
(b) Imogen is not his true daughter.
(c) Posthumus attempted to ravish her.
(d) Imogen and Posthumus are married.
5. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
(a) He wants him poisoned.
(b) He wants him stabbed.
(c) He wants him set ablaze.
(d) He wants him thrown from the battlements.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julia respond to Valentine's offering of Silvia to Proteus?
2. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. Lying to his father in Two Gentlemen of Verona, Proteus says his letter from Julia is from whom?
4. How is Silvia related to the Duke of Milan?
5. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)