|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through King Lear and Macbeth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he give them all his gold.
(b) That he show them the way out of the wood.
(c) That he be their leader.
(d) That he deliver a message to the duke.
2. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He elopes with a lowborn love.
(b) He wants to return to the land.
(c) He goes mad.
(d) He is banished by his brother.
3. In As You Like it, how does Oliver plan to kill Orlando after his initial plan fails?
(a) He will stab him at the church.
(b) He will burn him in his bed.
(c) He will poison his brandywine.
(d) He will throw him from his horse.
4. In The Winter's Tale, Polixenes is the king of what kingdom?
5. At the beginning of The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes order regarding his new daughter?
(a) She should be left to die in the wilderness.
(b) She should be given to Polixenes.
(c) She should remain with him.
(d) She should be imprisoned with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
2. What does Prospero do to Antonio when the two meet at the end of The Tempest?
3. What does Hermione disguise herself as at the end of The Winter's Tale?
4. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
5. What name does Kent take to follow Lear in disguise?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)