|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through King Lear and Macbeth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes order regarding his new daughter?
(a) She should be given to Polixenes.
(b) She should be imprisoned with her mother.
(c) She should remain with him.
(d) She should be left to die in the wilderness.
2. In As You Like it, how does Oliver plan to kill Orlando after his initial plan fails?
(a) He will throw him from his horse.
(b) He will poison his brandywine.
(c) He will burn him in his bed.
(d) He will stab him at the church.
3. What does Hermione disguise herself as at the end of The Winter's Tale?
(a) A bear.
(b) A maidservant.
(c) A statue.
(d) A man.
4. What does the wicked queen tell Pisanio the vial of potion she gives him is?
(a) A tonic.
(b) A liquour.
(c) A poison.
(d) A cordial.
5. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
(a) A night of drinking.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A diplomatic summit.
(d) A war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
2. What two dangerous animals does Orlando save Oliver from in As You Like It?
3. What does Rosalind give Orlando when she first meets him?
4. What does Prospero do to Antonio when the two meet at the end of The Tempest?
5. Who constantly torments Caliban at the beginning of The Tempest?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)