|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through King Lear and Macbeth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Tempest, where on the island do Sycorax imprison good spirits?
(a) Under the sands.
(b) In trees.
(c) In the water.
(d) In clouds.
2. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
(a) A diplomatic summit.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A war.
(d) A night of drinking.
3. Who does Demetrius marry at the end of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
4. What does Prospero do to Antonio when the two meet at the end of The Tempest?
(a) He imprisons him in a tree.
(b) He forgives him.
(c) He kills him.
(d) He marries him to Miranda.
5. At his castles, what appears before Macbeth directing him to Duncan's chamber?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A witch.
(c) A stream of blood.
(d) A black horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
2. In Merchant of Venice, why can Antonio not pay his bond to Shylock?
3. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
4. In The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes want his counselors to ask the oracle at Delphos?
5. What does the wicked queen tell Pisanio the vial of potion she gives him is?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)