|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through King Lear and Macbeth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antonio expect to be able to pay Shylock at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He can draw from his savings.
(b) He has ships coming in.
(c) He will harvest his olives early.
(d) His father is about to die.
2. Where do Belarius and her two brothers, Polydore and Cadwal, live?
(a) A cave.
(b) A hovel.
(c) A castle.
(d) A ship's hull.
3. In The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes want his counselors to ask the oracle at Delphos?
(a) If his son will be king.
(b) If Polixenes is dead.
(c) If his wife is faithful.
(d) If his kingdom is safe.
4. What role does Ariel take on the island in The Tempest?
(a) Prospero's assistant.
(b) Sycorax's suitor.
(c) Miranda's ward.
(d) Caliban's accomplice.
5. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosalind give Orlando when she first meets him?
2. In The Tempest, what important items does Prospero have that allow him to use magic on the island?
3. What do Orlando and the disguised Rosaline discuss when they meet in Arden?
4. When does Sycorax die in The Tempest?
5. Which character does Nerissa fall in love with in Merchant of Venice?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)