|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Merchant of Venice and Cymbeline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
(a) He does not read the full bond.
(b) He knows no court will honor it.
(c) He assumes it is a jest.
(d) He wants to show Shylock he is not afraid.
2. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he give them all his gold.
(b) That he show them the way out of the wood.
(c) That he be their leader.
(d) That he deliver a message to the duke.
3. In Much Ado About Nothing, what does Hero do when accused of infidelity?
(a) She admits to it.
(b) She faints.
(c) She slaps Don Pedro.
(d) She storms out.
4. How is Silvia related to the Duke of Milan?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is his daughter.
(c) She is his wife.
(d) She is his sister.
5. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
(b) The queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
2. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, what penalty does Hermia face if she refuses he father's choice of marriage?
3. What news does the wicked Queen tell the King at the beginning of Cymbeline?
4. Which of the following characters dies at the end of Cymbeline?
5. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)