|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Merchant of Venice and Cymbeline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who constantly torments Caliban at the beginning of The Tempest?
2. At the end of Much Ado About Nothing, Hero pretends to be her own what?
3. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
(a) The prince-regent of England.
(b) A duke of Milan.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The king of Naples.
4. Who tips off Orlando that his life is in danger in As You Like It?
(a) The duke.
5. In Merchant of Venice, how does Shylock make money as a usurer?
(a) He invests in fishing interests.
(b) He collects finder's fees.
(c) He charges interest.
(d) He runs a textile-works on the side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relative does Lysander plan to flee to with his beloved in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
2. In whose clothes is Margaret dressed as part of the devious plot in Much Ado About Nothing?
3. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
4. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
5. What role does Ariel take on the island in The Tempest?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)