|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Merchant of Venice and Cymbeline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Silvia related to the Duke of Milan?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is his daughter.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his wife.
2. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
(b) The duke.
3. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
(a) He wants him set ablaze.
(b) He wants him poisoned.
(c) He wants him thrown from the battlements.
(d) He wants him stabbed.
4. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
5. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He has sworn feelty to the duke.
(b) He does no know the duke has other plans for Silvia.
(c) He loves SIlvia too.
(d) He intends to help them leave Milan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione disguise herself as at the end of The Winter's Tale?
2. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
3. How does Antonio expect to be able to pay Shylock at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
4. Who concocts the scheme to marry Beatrice and Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing?
5. What good news does Antonio learn after winning his case against Shylock?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)