|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Merchant of Venice and Cymbeline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, what penalty does Hermia face if she refuses he father's choice of marriage?
(a) Forced nunnery.
(c) Public mockery.
(d) Life imprisonment.
2. In Cymbeline, why does the King raise Posthumus?
(a) He brings good luck to the kingdom.
(b) His father was a royal night.
(c) He is the King's favorite fool.
(d) He saved the queen's life.
3. Why do Belarius, Polydore and Cadwal leave Imogen in the woods?
(a) They think she is dead.
(b) They want to keep her safe from scouts.
(c) They believe she is a wood sprite.
(d) They think she is an assassin.
4. In The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes want his counselors to ask the oracle at Delphos?
(a) If his son will be king.
(b) If his wife is faithful.
(c) If his kingdom is safe.
(d) If Polixenes is dead.
5. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
(a) A night of drinking.
(b) A diplomatic summit.
(c) A war.
(d) A wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Claudio and Don Pedro indicate to Benedick that Beatrice loves him in Much Ado About Nothing?
2. In Merchant of Venice, why can Antonio not pay his bond to Shylock?
3. Who does Demetrius marry at the end of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
4. What do Orlando and the disguised Rosaline discuss when they meet in Arden?
5. What does Prospero do to Antonio when the two meet at the end of The Tempest?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)