|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Merchant of Venice and Cymbeline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request does Beatrice make of Benedick after Hero's honor is questioned?
(a) That he kill Claudio.
(b) That he leave Messina.
(c) That he prove Hero's innocence.
(d) That he marry her.
2. In The Tempest, what important items does Prospero have that allow him to use magic on the island?
3. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He wants to return to the land.
(b) He goes mad.
(c) He is banished by his brother.
(d) He elopes with a lowborn love.
4. What does Portia disguise herself as at the end of Merchant of Venice?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A queen.
(d) A knight.
5. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. What act of fidelity do Julia and Proteus commit when parting ways at the the beginning of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
2. What wild animal kill Antigones in The Winter's Tale?
3. Who does Prospero release from servitude at the end of The Tempest?
4. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
5. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)