|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Merchant of Venice and Cymbeline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Merchant of Venice, why can Antonio not pay his bond to Shylock?
(a) His lands are seized by the state.
(b) His father recovers his health.
(c) His ships sink.
(d) His crops whither.
2. Who does Prospero release from servitude at the end of The Tempest?
3. Where do Belarius and her two brothers, Polydore and Cadwal, live?
(a) A hovel.
(b) A ship's hull.
(c) A castle.
(d) A cave.
4. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He is banished by his brother.
(b) He wants to return to the land.
(c) He goes mad.
(d) He elopes with a lowborn love.
5. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
(c) The queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Demetrius marry at the end of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
2. Who concocts the scheme to marry Beatrice and Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing?
3. In The Tempest, what important items does Prospero have that allow him to use magic on the island?
4. Who constantly torments Caliban at the beginning of The Tempest?
5. At the beginning of The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes order regarding his new daughter?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)