|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Merchant of Venice and Cymbeline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Claudio and Don Pedro indicate to Benedick that Beatrice loves him in Much Ado About Nothing?
(a) They leave a note for him to find.
(b) They let him overhear a conversation.
(c) They show him Beatrice's journal.
(d) They tell him outright.
2. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He wants to buy land in the country.
(b) He needs to pay off gambling debts.
(c) He wants to marry a wealthy heiress.
(d) He wants to start a shipping business.
3. Who constantly torments Caliban at the beginning of The Tempest?
4. At the beginning of The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes order regarding his new daughter?
(a) She should remain with him.
(b) She should be imprisoned with her mother.
(c) She should be left to die in the wilderness.
(d) She should be given to Polixenes.
5. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
(a) The Pope.
(b) A duke of Milan.
(c) The prince-regent of England.
(d) The king of Naples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wild animal kill Antigones in The Winter's Tale?
2. What two dangerous animals does Orlando save Oliver from in As You Like It?
3. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, who tips Demetrius off to Lysander's plan to flee the city?
4. Where does Iachomo tell Pisanio to kill Imogen in Cymbeline?
5. In Merchant of Venice, why can Antonio not pay his bond to Shylock?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)