|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Merchant of Venice and Cymbeline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Merchant of Venice, how does Shylock make money as a usurer?
(a) He runs a textile-works on the side.
(b) He invests in fishing interests.
(c) He charges interest.
(d) He collects finder's fees.
2. Who concocts the scheme to marry Beatrice and Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing?
(d) Don Pedro.
3. In The Tempest, what important items does Prospero have that allow him to use magic on the island?
4. What does Portia disguise herself as at the end of Merchant of Venice?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A queen.
(c) A knight.
(d) A lawyer.
5. Who constantly torments Caliban at the beginning of The Tempest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Beatrice make of Benedick after Hero's honor is questioned?
2. In The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes want his counselors to ask the oracle at Delphos?
3. In Merchant of Venice, why can Antonio not pay his bond to Shylock?
4. What two dangerous animals does Orlando save Oliver from in As You Like It?
5. What item does Iachomo want to gain from Posthumus when they meet in Cymbeline?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)