|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Merchant of Venice and Cymbeline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Prospero bring his enemies to the island in The Tempest?
(a) A transporting spell.
(b) A steady wind.
(c) A siren's song.
(d) A storm.
2. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
3. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He wants to marry a wealthy heiress.
(b) He wants to start a shipping business.
(c) He needs to pay off gambling debts.
(d) He wants to buy land in the country.
4. Who does Prospero release from servitude at the end of The Tempest?
5. In The Winter's Tale, Polixenes is the king of what kingdom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the juice of the purple flower do to people in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
2. Who is the second human Miranda meets in The Tempest?
3. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
4. At the end of As You Like It, whom does the duke's brother meet as he enters the forest to kill him?
5. Who has gone to war with Britain in Cymbeline?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)