|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Merchant of Venice and Cymbeline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he show them the way out of the wood.
(b) That he deliver a message to the duke.
(c) That he give them all his gold.
(d) That he be their leader.
2. Who concocts the scheme to marry Beatrice and Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing?
(d) Don Pedro.
3. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
(a) He wants him stabbed.
(b) He wants him set ablaze.
(c) He wants him poisoned.
(d) He wants him thrown from the battlements.
4. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He goes mad.
(b) He wants to return to the land.
(c) He elopes with a lowborn love.
(d) He is banished by his brother.
5. What act of fidelity do Julia and Proteus commit when parting ways at the the beginning of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He takes her portrait.
(b) They exchange rings.
(c) He gives her a lock of his hair.
(d) They pray together.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Merchant of Venice, why can Antonio not pay his bond to Shylock?
2. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
3. Where do Belarius and her two brothers, Polydore and Cadwal, live?
4. What two dangerous animals does Orlando save Oliver from in As You Like It?
5. What relative does Lysander plan to flee to with his beloved in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)