|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Merchant of Venice and Cymbeline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
(a) He does not read the full bond.
(b) He assumes it is a jest.
(c) He wants to show Shylock he is not afraid.
(d) He knows no court will honor it.
2. In The Tempest, what important items does Prospero have that allow him to use magic on the island?
3. What request does Beatrice make of Benedick after Hero's honor is questioned?
(a) That he marry her.
(b) That he kill Claudio.
(c) That he leave Messina.
(d) That he prove Hero's innocence.
4. What news does the wicked Queen tell the King at the beginning of Cymbeline?
(a) There is a poisoner in the court.
(b) Posthumus attempted to ravish her.
(c) Imogen and Posthumus are married.
(d) Imogen is not his true daughter.
5. At the end of As You Like It, whom does the duke's brother meet as he enters the forest to kill him?
(a) A bear.
(b) A greek goddess.
(c) A hermit.
(d) A beautiful maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
2. Where do Belarius and her two brothers, Polydore and Cadwal, live?
3. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
4. What does the wicked queen tell Pisanio the vial of potion she gives him is?
5. How does Lamb describe Hero at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)