|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Merchant of Venice and Cymbeline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
(a) He assumes it is a jest.
(b) He knows no court will honor it.
(c) He wants to show Shylock he is not afraid.
(d) He does not read the full bond.
2. What wild animal kill Antigones in The Winter's Tale?
(a) A shark.
(b) A bear.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A tiger.
3. What does Hermione disguise herself as at the end of The Winter's Tale?
(a) A maidservant.
(b) A man.
(c) A statue.
(d) A bear.
4. Lying to his father in Two Gentlemen of Verona, Proteus says his letter from Julia is from whom?
(a) The duke of Milan.
5. In The Tempest, where on the island do Sycorax imprison good spirits?
(a) Under the sands.
(b) In clouds.
(c) In the water.
(d) In trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of As You Like It, whom does the duke's brother meet as he enters the forest to kill him?
2. Who does Demetrius marry at the end of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. What does Prospero do to Antonio when the two meet at the end of The Tempest?
4. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
5. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)