|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through As You Like It and The Two Gentlemen of Verona.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosalind give Orlando when she first meets him?
(a) Her neck chain.
(b) A lock of her hair.
(c) Her handkerchief.
(d) A book of poems.
2. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. How is Silvia related to the Duke of Milan?
(a) She is his daughter.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his wife.
(d) She is his aunt.
4. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
(a) A night of drinking.
(b) A diplomatic summit.
(c) A war.
(d) A wedding.
5. At the beginning of The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes order regarding his new daughter?
(a) She should be given to Polixenes.
(b) She should be left to die in the wilderness.
(c) She should remain with him.
(d) She should be imprisoned with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
2. Who does Prospero release from servitude at the end of The Tempest?
3. What does Prospero do to Antonio when the two meet at the end of The Tempest?
4. What act of fidelity do Julia and Proteus commit when parting ways at the the beginning of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
5. In The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes want his counselors to ask the oracle at Delphos?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)