|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through As You Like It and The Two Gentlemen of Verona.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosalind give Orlando when she first meets him?
(a) Her handkerchief.
(b) Her neck chain.
(c) A lock of her hair.
(d) A book of poems.
2. At the beginning of The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes order regarding his new daughter?
(a) She should be imprisoned with her mother.
(b) She should be given to Polixenes.
(c) She should be left to die in the wilderness.
(d) She should remain with him.
3. In The Tempest, where on the island do Sycorax imprison good spirits?
(a) Under the sands.
(b) In trees.
(c) In the water.
(d) In clouds.
4. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He goes mad.
(b) He elopes with a lowborn love.
(c) He is banished by his brother.
(d) He wants to return to the land.
5. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
2. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
3. What is the root of Oberon and Titania's feud in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
4. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
5. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)