|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through As You Like It and The Two Gentlemen of Verona.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He does no know the duke has other plans for Silvia.
(b) He loves SIlvia too.
(c) He has sworn feelty to the duke.
(d) He intends to help them leave Milan.
2. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He elopes with a lowborn love.
(b) He is banished by his brother.
(c) He goes mad.
(d) He wants to return to the land.
3. How does Lamb describe Hero at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
4. What role does Ariel take on the island in The Tempest?
(a) Sycorax's suitor.
(b) Caliban's accomplice.
(c) Prospero's assistant.
(d) Miranda's ward.
5. At the beginning of The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes order regarding his new daughter?
(a) She should be left to die in the wilderness.
(b) She should be given to Polixenes.
(c) She should remain with him.
(d) She should be imprisoned with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
2. What wild animal kill Antigones in The Winter's Tale?
3. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
4. What does the juice of the purple flower do to people in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
5. Lying to his father in Two Gentlemen of Verona, Proteus says his letter from Julia is from whom?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)