|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through As You Like It and The Two Gentlemen of Verona.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lying to his father in Two Gentlemen of Verona, Proteus says his letter from Julia is from whom?
(b) The duke of Milan.
2. At the beginning of The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes order regarding his new daughter?
(a) She should be left to die in the wilderness.
(b) She should be given to Polixenes.
(c) She should remain with him.
(d) She should be imprisoned with her mother.
3. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He elopes with a lowborn love.
(b) He wants to return to the land.
(c) He goes mad.
(d) He is banished by his brother.
4. In The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes want his counselors to ask the oracle at Delphos?
(a) If his kingdom is safe.
(b) If his wife is faithful.
(c) If his son will be king.
(d) If Polixenes is dead.
5. What is the root of Oberon and Titania's feud in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
(a) Oberon refuses to allow the sun rise.
(b) Titania suspects Oberon of infidelity.
(c) Both want a changeling boy.
(d) Titania refuses to let the rain fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Beatrice make of Benedick after Hero's honor is questioned?
2. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
3. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
4. In The Tempest, where on the island do Sycorax imprison good spirits?
5. In what city does A Midsummer Night's Dream begin?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)