|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet, Prince of Denmark.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
(a) His knights.
(b) His jewels.
(c) His fool.
(d) His lodging.
2. Who tips off Orlando that his life is in danger in As You Like It?
(a) The duke.
3. What good do Romeo and Juliet's deaths bring at the end of the story?
(a) Tybalt is released from jail.
(b) The families are reconciled.
(c) Benvolio marries a Capulet.
(d) The prince declares war at an end.
4. What does the King of France give Helena her choice of in All's Well That Ends Well?
(c) Manor houses.
5. In Taming of the Shrew, why does Petruchio say Katharine should not eat on their wedding night?
(a) It is Petruchio's family tradition to starve the bride.
(b) The food much be poisonned.
(c) She is putting on too much weight.
(d) The food is not good enough for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does the ghost of Hamlet's father make?
2. How does Antonio expect to be able to pay Shylock at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
3. In Merchant of Venice, how does Shylock make money as a usurer?
4. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
5. How does Lamb describe Hero at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)