|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet, Prince of Denmark.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
(a) He owes Angelo a favor.
(b) He is pulling an elaborate prank.
(c) He wants the people to fear him.
(d) He fears he will become unpopular.
2. What does Petruchio declare he will do if he does not wed Katharine by Sunday?
(a) Pay his competitors a years wages.
(b) Become a friar.
(c) Return his wedding garments.
(d) Leave Padua forever.
3. At the beginning of Taming of the Shrew, Baptista declares that Bianca shall not wed until what?
(a) Until the final judgment.
(b) Until she is twenty years of age.
(c) Until Katharine weds.
(d) Until she finishes her schooling.
4. Which of the following characters dies at the end of Cymbeline?
(a) The King.
(b) The wicked Queen.
5. Who does Juliet's father betroth her to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prospero bring his enemies to the island in The Tempest?
2. What is the root of Oberon and Titania's feud in A Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. For how long will the potion given Juliet keep her in a state of apparent death?
4. In The Winter's Tale, what is Florizel when he first sees Perdita?
5. In what fictional kingdom does Twelfth Night take place?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)