|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet, Prince of Denmark.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamlet happen upon when he returns to Elsinore from England?
(a) Ophelia's funeral.
(b) Laerte's reembarking.
(c) Gertrude's remarriage.
(d) Claudius's coronation.
2. With whom is Hermia in love at the beginning of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
3. The ghost of which character appears at Macbeth's banquet?
(a) Lady Macduff.
(d) The thane of Cawdor.
4. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
(a) He wants him thrown from the battlements.
(b) He wants him poisoned.
(c) He wants him stabbed.
(d) He wants him set ablaze.
5. At the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing, where are Don Pedro, Claudio and Benedick returning from?
(a) A night of drinking.
(b) A war.
(c) A diplomatic summit.
(d) A wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
2. Whose death is Olivia mourning at the beginning of Twelfth Night?
3. How does Lamb describe Hero at the beginning of Much Ado About Nothing?
4. Why does Macduff not pertain to the prophecy the witches give Macbeth?
5. Where does Camillo offer to marry Perdita and Florizel to avoid Leontes' wrath in The Winter's Tale?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)