|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet, Prince of Denmark.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
(c) The queen.
2. In Comedy of Errors, where do the twins of Syracuse seek shelter in Ephesus?
(a) A workshop.
(b) A convent.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) An embassy.
3. Whose death is Olivia mourning at the beginning of Twelfth Night?
(a) Her father's.
(b) Her maid's.
(c) St. Stephen's.
(d) Her brother's.
4. Who does Prospero release from servitude at the end of The Tempest?
5. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He wants to start a shipping business.
(b) He wants to marry a wealthy heiress.
(c) He wants to buy land in the country.
(d) He needs to pay off gambling debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Olivia respond to Viola's entreaties of Orsino's behalf in Twelfth Night?
2. At the end of As You Like It, whom does the duke's brother meet as he enters the forest to kill him?
3. What disguise does the Duke maintain while Angelo is in power in Measure for Measure?
4. What role does Ariel take on the island in The Tempest?
5. Who does Bertrand marry at the end of All's Well That Ends Well?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)