|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet, Prince of Denmark.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What head of state is with Antonio on the ship in The Tempest?
(a) A duke of Milan.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The prince-regent of England.
(d) The king of Naples.
2. What disguise does the Duke maintain while Angelo is in power in Measure for Measure?
3. In Taming of the Shrew, why does Petruchio say Katharine should not eat on their wedding night?
(a) She is putting on too much weight.
(b) It is Petruchio's family tradition to starve the bride.
(c) The food is not good enough for her.
(d) The food much be poisonned.
4. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
(a) He wants to show Shylock he is not afraid.
(b) He knows no court will honor it.
(c) He assumes it is a jest.
(d) He does not read the full bond.
5. How does Antonio expect to be able to pay Shylock at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He can draw from his savings.
(b) His father is about to die.
(c) He has ships coming in.
(d) He will harvest his olives early.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Demetrius marry at the end of A Midsummer Night's Dream?
2. Whom does Celia fall in love with in As You Like It?
3. Who sends word to Posthumus that Imogen has died?
4. What is Tybalt's connection to Juliet?
5. At the beginning of Comedy of Errors, what does Aegeon offer for his life?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)