|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet, Prince of Denmark.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamlet happen upon when he returns to Elsinore from England?
(a) Laerte's reembarking.
(b) Gertrude's remarriage.
(c) Claudius's coronation.
(d) Ophelia's funeral.
2. What relation is Claudius to Hamlet?
(c) No relation.
3. When does Sycorax die in The Tempest?
(a) Before Prospero and Mirand arrive at the island.
(b) The moment Prospero and Mirand arrive at the island.
(c) Days after Prospero and Mirand arrive at the island.
(d) She didn't die.
4. What wild animal kill Antigones in The Winter's Tale?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A shark.
5. What do the robbers in Two Gentlemen of Verona request of Valentine?
(a) That he give them all his gold.
(b) That he show them the way out of the wood.
(c) That he deliver a message to the duke.
(d) That he be their leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Ariel take on the island in The Tempest?
2. Who does Olivia marry at the end of Twelfth Night?
3. Why does Olivia confuse Sebastian and Viola in Twelfth Night?
4. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
5. At the end of As You Like It, whom does the duke's brother meet as he enters the forest to kill him?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)