|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet, Prince of Denmark.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Duke of Vienna place Angelo in charge at the beginning of Measure for Measure?
(a) He wants the people to fear him.
(b) He is pulling an elaborate prank.
(c) He owes Angelo a favor.
(d) He fears he will become unpopular.
2. In The Tempest, where on the island do Sycorax imprison good spirits?
(a) In the water.
(b) In clouds.
(c) Under the sands.
(d) In trees.
3. Who has gone to war with Britain in Cymbeline?
(c) The Turks.
4. What does Portia disguise herself as at the end of Merchant of Venice?
(a) A knight.
(b) A queen.
(c) An accountant.
(d) A lawyer.
5. What good news does Antonio learn after winning his case against Shylock?
(a) He has been promoted to magistrate.
(b) Nerissa accepts his hand in marriage.
(c) His father will not die.
(d) His ships are not lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bertrand marry at the end of All's Well That Ends Well?
2. What earl helps the mad Lear escape to France?
3. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
4. In King Lear, Edmund is the bastard son of what earl?
5. How does Romeo gain entrance to the Capulets' ball?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)