|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through All's Well That Ends Well and The Taming of the Shrew.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Taming of the Shrew, why does Petruchio say Katharine should not eat on their wedding night?
(a) It is Petruchio's family tradition to starve the bride.
(b) The food much be poisonned.
(c) The food is not good enough for her.
(d) She is putting on too much weight.
2. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
(a) He wants him thrown from the battlements.
(b) He wants him stabbed.
(c) He wants him set ablaze.
(d) He wants him poisoned.
3. What news does the wicked Queen tell the King at the beginning of Cymbeline?
(a) Posthumus attempted to ravish her.
(b) There is a poisoner in the court.
(c) Imogen and Posthumus are married.
(d) Imogen is not his true daughter.
4. What item does Iachomo want to gain from Posthumus when they meet in Cymbeline?
(a) His prayerbook.
(b) His ring.
(c) His hat.
(d) His sack of gold.
5. Who marries Cordelia at the beginning of King Lear?
(a) The King of Milan.
(b) The King of Padua.
(c) The King of Spain.
(d) The King of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ghost of which character appears at Macbeth's banquet?
2. Why is King Lear dividing up his kingdom?
3. In All's Well That Ends Well, which of the following characters does not return to France immediately after Bertrand's marriage in Italy?
4. Who helps Helena plot her deception of Bertram in All's Well That Ends Well?
5. Who concocts the scheme to marry Beatrice and Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)