|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through All's Well That Ends Well and The Taming of the Shrew.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leontes want Polixenes killed at the beginning of The Winter's Tale?
(a) He wants him stabbed.
(b) He wants him thrown from the battlements.
(c) He wants him poisoned.
(d) He wants him set ablaze.
2. In Merchant of Venice, why can Antonio not pay his bond to Shylock?
(a) His father recovers his health.
(b) His ships sink.
(c) His crops whither.
(d) His lands are seized by the state.
3. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
(a) Macbeth will be the thane of Cawdor.
(b) Macbeth will be king.
(c) Banquo will be killed.
(d) Banquo's children will be kings.
4. What is Diana given at the end of All's Well That Ends Well as a reward?
(a) A large gemstone.
(b) A husband.
(c) A seat in court.
(d) A manor in Provence.
5. In whose clothes is Margaret dressed as part of the devious plot in Much Ado About Nothing?
(c) Don Pedro's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two dangerous animals does Orlando save Oliver from in As You Like It?
2. In The Winter's Tale, what does Leontes want his counselors to ask the oracle at Delphos?
3. Who is the beggar whose hovel Lear sleeps in during the storm?
4. Why do Belarius, Polydore and Cadwal leave Imogen in the woods?
5. In The Winter's Tale, what is Florizel when he first sees Perdita?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)