|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through All's Well That Ends Well and The Taming of the Shrew.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
(a) He wants to start a shipping business.
(b) He wants to marry a wealthy heiress.
(c) He needs to pay off gambling debts.
(d) He wants to buy land in the country.
2. Which of the following characters dies at the end of Cymbeline?
(b) The King.
(d) The wicked Queen.
3. Why does Proteus betray Valentine's love of Silvia to the duke in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) He does no know the duke has other plans for Silvia.
(b) He intends to help them leave Milan.
(c) He has sworn feelty to the duke.
(d) He loves SIlvia too.
4. What does Katharine do when Petruchio does not show for their wedding in Taming of the Shrew?
5. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) As a page.
(b) As a courtier.
(c) As a messenger.
(d) As a smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Merchant of Venice, how does Shylock make money as a usurer?
2. What news does the wicked Queen tell the King at the beginning of Cymbeline?
3. What request does Beatrice make of Benedick after Hero's honor is questioned?
4. What name does Kent take to follow Lear in disguise?
5. Which of the following characters does not die at the end of King Lear?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)