|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through All's Well That Ends Well and The Taming of the Shrew.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In As You Like It, what is Orlando doing the first time Rosalind sees him?
(b) Riding a horse.
2. Which character concocts a devious plot to break up a marriage in Much Ado Ado Nothing?
(a) Don John.
(d) Don Pedro.
3. Why does Bertram think he is within his rights to propose to Diana in All's Well That Ends Well?
(a) His marriage to Helena was not consumated.
(b) He thinks Helena has died.
(c) Diana is a former nun.
(d) Helena has released him from his bonds.
4. In All's Well That Ends Well, what is Helena's father's profession?
5. Why does Antonio agree to the "pound of flesh" condition in Shylock's bond?
(a) He does not read the full bond.
(b) He wants to show Shylock he is not afraid.
(c) He knows no court will honor it.
(d) He assumes it is a jest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is King Lear dividing up his kingdom?
2. Whose shrine does Helena visit in All's Well That Ends Well?
3. Why does Bassanio need money at the beginning of Merchant of Venice?
4. What good news does Antonio learn after winning his case against Shylock?
5. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)