|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twelfth Night; or, What You Will and Timon of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In As You Like it, how does Oliver plan to kill Orlando after his initial plan fails?
(a) He will stab him at the church.
(b) He will burn him in his bed.
(c) He will throw him from his horse.
(d) He will poison his brandywine.
2. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
(a) As a messenger.
(b) As a courtier.
(c) As a page.
(d) As a smith.
3. At the end of As You Like It, whom does the duke's brother meet as he enters the forest to kill him?
(a) A greek goddess.
(b) A bear.
(c) A hermit.
(d) A beautiful maid.
4. Whose death is Olivia mourning at the beginning of Twelfth Night?
(a) Her father's.
(b) Her maid's.
(c) St. Stephen's.
(d) Her brother's.
5. Why does Lear wander into a storm at night?
(a) He does not want to live with his daughters.
(b) He wants to gather an army together.
(c) He has not bathed in days.
(d) He is looking for Cordelia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who marries Cordelia at the beginning of King Lear?
2. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
3. Who tries to warn Timon of his bad habits?
4. How does Lady Macbeth convince her husband to kill Duncan?
5. What false name does Rosalind choose for her flight into Arden?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)