|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twelfth Night; or, What You Will and Timon of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He elopes with a lowborn love.
(b) He wants to return to the land.
(c) He goes mad.
(d) He is banished by his brother.
2. On her second visit to Olivia in Twelfth Night, Viola protests that she will never love a what?
3. What does Timon of Athens find while digging in the dirt?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A human skull.
(c) A magic stone.
(d) A box of gold.
4. Which of the following is not a prophecy the witches make at the beginning of Macbeth?
(a) Banquo's children will be kings.
(b) Banquo will be killed.
(c) Macbeth will be the thane of Cawdor.
(d) Macbeth will be king.
5. Why does Macduff not pertain to the prophecy the witches give Macbeth?
(a) He was a breach birth.
(b) He was born prematurely.
(c) He was cut from his mother's womb.
(d) He never knew his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Goneril and Regan immediately deny King Lear after he has given up his crown?
2. In As You Like it, how does Oliver plan to kill Orlando after his initial plan fails?
3. What act of fidelity do Julia and Proteus commit when parting ways at the the beginning of Two Gentlemen of Verona?
4. In Timon of Athens, the titular character invites his friends to a what?
5. What name does Kent take to follow Lear in disguise?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)