|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twelfth Night; or, What You Will and Timon of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Olivia confuse Sebastian and Viola in Twelfth Night?
(a) They are twins.
(b) She never sees Sebastian's face.
(c) They both pretent to be the same person.
(d) She has poor eyesight.
2. At his castles, what appears before Macbeth directing him to Duncan's chamber?
(a) A black horse.
(b) A witch.
(c) A stream of blood.
(d) A dagger.
3. Who is the beggar whose hovel Lear sleeps in during the storm?
(a) The fool.
4. What happens to Timon when he asks his friends for money?
(a) They give it to him without strings.
(b) They refuse.
(c) They loan it to him with interest.
(d) They pretend not to know him.
5. Why is King Lear dividing up his kingdom?
(a) He wants to leave England.
(b) He is old and tired.
(c) She hates being king.
(d) He wants to give his daughters a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. In As You Like it, how does Oliver plan to kill Orlando after his initial plan fails?
2. Who marries Cordelia at the beginning of King Lear?
3. What request does Timon make of Alcibiades at the end of his story?
4. Whose death is Olivia mourning at the beginning of Twelfth Night?
5. For what purpose does Proteus hire the disguised Julia in Two Gentlemen of Verona?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)