|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twelfth Night; or, What You Will and Timon of Athens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Macbeth, the title character is than of what township?
2. What name does Kent take to follow Lear in disguise?
3. Why does the French duke of As You Like It move to Arden?
(a) He wants to return to the land.
(b) He is banished by his brother.
(c) He goes mad.
(d) He elopes with a lowborn love.
4. In what state does Cordelia's army find the mad Lear?
(a) Swimmin in a filthy brook.
(b) Raving in a ravine.
(c) Asleep int he Dover castle.
(d) Wandering a field.
5. What happens to Timon when he asks his friends for money?
(a) They loan it to him with interest.
(b) They pretend not to know him.
(c) They refuse.
(d) They give it to him without strings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what fictional kingdom does Twelfth Night take place?
2. What request does Timon make of Alcibiades at the end of his story?
3. At the beginning of King Lear, Cordelia says she loves her father to what extent?
4. What does Rosalind give Orlando when she first meets him?
5. What false name does Viola take when she enters Orsino's employ in Twelfth Night?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)