|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom decide to forge?
2. Whose death does Tom tell the Greenleafs about?
3. Who does Dickie receive a threatening letter from?
4. What transport does Tom use to travel to Palermo?
5. What does Tom convince the detective Dickie was despondent about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How could Tom get rid of his loneliness? How does killing Dickie and Freddie make Tom even lonelier? How much has Tom's loneliness affected his mindset?
Essay Topic 2
What modes of communication are open to Ripley? How do the modes of communication Highsmith represents give the novel a sense of place and time?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Tom hate himself? How much is this self-hatred responsible for Tom's actions so far in the book?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)