Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the police say Freddie may have been killed by?
2. Where does an American invite Marge?
3. What does Tom think about buying?
4. What is Tom working on when the police arrive?
5. When is Tom sailing to Greece?
Essay Topic 1
How could Tom get rid of his loneliness? How does killing Dickie and Freddie make Tom even lonelier? How much has Tom's loneliness affected his mindset?
Essay Topic 2
Examine violence in the novel.
1) How do the characters in the novel view violence? Are there are character that would think twice before shooting or hitting someone?
2) Do the characters need to be violent to cope in the world that Highsmith portrays?
3) How do the students think the public reacted to the novel's violence when it was first published? How would the public react to such a book today?
Essay Topic 3
In 1999 THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY was made into a film starring Matt Damon. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant 54 years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)