Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the police say Freddie may have been killed by?
2. Where does an American invite Marge?
3. What does Tom think about buying?
4. What is Tom working on when the police arrive?
5. When is Tom sailing to Greece?
Examine the difference between American and European culture in terms of the following:
2) Attitudes towards death.
3) Popular culture.
Examine Tom Ripley's's character across the whole series.
1) How does Highsmith develop Ripley's character across the whole series?
2) Does THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY add any new elements to Ripley's character? If so, what?
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Highsmith use character and setting to express her themes?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)