|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom call himself/
2. What does the countess inform Tom?
3. Where does Tom hide Dickie's passport?
4. What name have Dickie's belongings been found under?
5. What kind of mood does Tom think Marge is in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marge think about the situation with Dickie?
2. How does Tom fake Dickie's will?
3. How does Mr. Greeleaf react when Marge tells him about Dickie's rings?
4. Why can Tom not tell Marge what he really thinks about the party?
5. What did a man see outside of Dickie's apartment?
6. Why does it frighten Tom that he has to go to Naples to verify Tom's signature in person?
7. What does Tom say to Mr. Greeenleaf in his letter in June?
8. What does Tom tell Mr. Greenleaf about Dickie's murder?
9. How does Tom raise the police's suspicions?
10. How do the police think Freddie was murdered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the difference between American and European culture in terms of the following:
2) Attitudes towards death.
3) Popular culture.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Tom Ripley's's character across the whole series.
1) How does Highsmith develop Ripley's character across the whole series?
2) Does THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY add any new elements to Ripley's character? If so, what?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Tom hate himself? How much is this self-hatred responsible for Tom's actions so far in the book?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)