|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom convince the detective Dickie was despondent about?
(a) His relationship with Marge
(b) His lack of talent as a painter
(c) His lack of money
(d) His family
2. What name have Dickie's belongings been found under?
(a) Frank Junior
(b) David Copper
(c) Tommy Lawrence
(d) Robert Fanshaw
3. What kind of drink is Tom drinking with Marge and the Franchetti brothers?
(b) Coca colas
4. Who does one of the Franchetti brothers jokingly suggest Dickie's traded his passport with?
(a) An artist
(b) A fisherman
(c) A businessman
(d) A musician
5. What has Tom's friend, Bob, been questioning everyone about?
(a) Forged checks
(b) Tax fraud
(c) A bank robbery
(d) Tom's disappearance
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom buy at 8 am?
2. What do the Franchetti brothers go out to buy?
3. Who do the police believe is guilty of the murders?
4. What kind of car does Freddie drive?
5. Where are Dickie's suitcases being held?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom read in the newspapers in Chapter 30?
2. Why does it frighten Tom that he has to go to Naples to verify Tom's signature in person?
3. How do the police think Freddie was murdered?
4. What do the newspapers say about Dickie?
5. How does Tom try to hide that Freddie is dead when he takes him outside?
6. Why does Tom love his possessions?
7. Why can Tom not tell Marge what he really thinks about the party?
8. What does the countess tell Tom in Chapter 29?
9. Why does Marge think that Dickie's signature must have changed?
10. What does one of the Franchetti brothers jokingly suggest about Dickie?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)