|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Franchetti brothers go out to buy?
2. What does Tom think is a great thing about Europe?
(a) Good alcohol
(b) Pleasant atmosphere
(c) Good music
(d) No one meddles
3. What do the banks suspect?
(a) Dickie has had his credit card stolen
(b) Dickie has held up a bank
(c) Someone has forged Dickie's signature
(d) Someone has illegally withdrawn money form Dickie's account
4. What does Tom decide to leave in Venice?
(a) Dickie's diary
(b) Dickie's bags
(c) Dickie's rings
(d) Dickie's passport
5. What did Tom imagine he would have when he became Dickie?
(d) New friends
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Tom's friend, Bob, been questioning everyone about?
2. What city is Tom traveling to next?
3. Who is arriving in Rome at noon?
4. Where does an American invite Marge?
5. What is Tom's middle name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom exaggerate the Tom Ripley persona?
2. What does Tom tell Mr. Greenleaf about Dickie's murder?
3. What lies does Tom tell McCarron?
4. Why does Tom think Marge is so friendly to Mr. Greenleaf?
5. What reason does Tom give for Dickie being despondent?
6. How does Tom fake Dickie's will?
7. What did a man see outside of Dickie's apartment?
8. How does Tom raise the police's suspicions?
9. What does Mr. Greenleaf write in his letter to Tom?
10. Why does it frighten Tom that he has to go to Naples to verify Tom's signature in person?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)