|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Tom's friend, Bob, been questioning everyone about?
(a) Forged checks
(b) Tom's disappearance
(c) A bank robbery
(d) Tax fraud
2. What is Tom working on when the police arrive?
(a) An essay
(b) A painting
(c) A letter
(d) A book
3. Who does Tom write to at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Mr. Greenleaf
(b) Mrs. Greenleaf
(d) His aunt
4. What kind of drink is Tom drinking with Marge and the Franchetti brothers?
(d) Coca colas
5. What kind of transport do Tom and Marge use to get back to Tom's palazzo?
(a) A bus
(b) A scooter
(c) A car
(d) A gondola
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Cartwright tell stories about?
2. What does Tom think about buying?
3. Who does Marge say she understands are a couple?
4. What do the Franchetti brothers go out to buy?
5. What does the Naples bank demand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Greenleaf write in his letter to Tom?
2. How does Tom fake Dickie's will?
3. Why do the police want to know where Tom Ripley is ?
4. Why can Tom not tell Marge what he really thinks about the party?
5. How does Tom try to hide that Freddie is dead when he takes him outside?
6. Why does Tom love his possessions?
7. Why does Tom think Marge is so friendly to Mr. Greenleaf?
8. What does Tom say to Mr. Greeenleaf in his letter in June?
9. What does Tom tell Marge on the phone?
10. What lies does Tom tell McCarron?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)