|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tom identify himself as at the police station?
(d) Mr. Greenleaf
2. What does Tom buy at 8 am?
3. Who has Mr. Greenleaf hired?
(a) An assassin
(b) A cleaner
(c) A lawyer
(d) An American detective
4. What is the bottom of the boat covered in?
5. What kind of money in Freddie's wallet does Tom burn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tom write to at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What does Tom convince the detective Dickie was despondent about?
3. Who does Dickie receive a threatening letter from?
4. Whose whereabouts do the police want to know about?
5. What did Tom imagine he would have when he became Dickie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does McCarron want from Tom?
2. What does Tom read in the newspapers in Chapter 30?
3. What does the countess tell Tom in Chapter 29?
4. Why does Tom think Marge is so friendly to Mr. Greenleaf?
5. Why can Tom not tell Marge what he really thinks about the party?
6. What does Tom tell Mr. Greenleaf about Dickie's murder?
7. What reason does Tom give for Dickie being despondent?
8. Why do the police want to know where Tom Ripley is ?
9. How does Tom raise the police's suspicions?
10. What do the police tell Tom on the phone?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)