|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does one of the Franchetti brothers jokingly suggest Dickie's traded his passport with?
(a) An artist
(b) A musician
(c) A businessman
(d) A fisherman
2. What is Alvin McCarron's job?
(a) Private detective?
3. Where are Dickie's suitcases being held?
(a) An American Express office in London
(b) An American Express office in Prague
(c) An American Express office in Venice
(d) An American Express office in Rome
4. What part of Italy is Palermo in?
(a) Eastern Italy
(b) Southern Italy
(c) Northern Italy
(d) Western Italy
5. Who phones Tom from Rome?
(b) Van Houston
(d) Mr. Greenleaf
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of transport do Tom and Marge use to get back to Tom's palazzo?
2. What kind of mood does Tom think Marge is in?
3. What kind of drink is Tom drinking with Marge and the Franchetti brothers?
4. What kind of money in Freddie's wallet does Tom burn?
5. What has Tom's friend, Bob, been questioning everyone about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the police tell Tom on the phone?
2. Why does Tom think Marge is so friendly to Mr. Greenleaf?
3. How is being Dickie different from what Tom expected?
4. What does the countess tell Tom in Chapter 29?
5. What lies does Tom tell McCarron?
6. How does Mr. Greeleaf react when Marge tells him about Dickie's rings?
7. Why does Tom love his possessions?
8. Why can Tom not tell Marge what he really thinks about the party?
9. What do the newspapers say about Dickie?
10. Why do the police want to know where Tom Ripley is ?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)