|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say is his only regret?
(a) He did not kill Marge
(b) He has not seen enough of the world
(c) He did not ask Marge for a date
(d) He did not kiss Dickie
2. What has Tom's friend, Bob, been questioning everyone about?
(a) Tax fraud
(b) Tom's disappearance
(c) A bank robbery
(d) Forged checks
3. What is Tom's middle name?
4. What is Marge's surname?
5. What does Mrs. Cartwright tell stories about?
(a) Her childhood
(b) Her accident
(c) Her family
(d) Her marriages
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Greenleaf say the Italian police are as useless as?
2. Who do the police believe is guilty of the murders?
3. Who does Tom receive a letter from in this chapter?
4. What is Alvin McCarron's job?
5. What is the name of the bar Tom asks Marge to meet him at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marge say in her letter to Dickie?
2. What does the countess tell Tom in Chapter 29?
3. What does Tom say to Mr. Greeenleaf in his letter in June?
4. What does Tom tell Mr. Greenleaf about Dickie's murder?
5. How does Tom raise the police's suspicions?
6. What does one of the Franchetti brothers jokingly suggest about Dickie?
7. What do the police tell Tom on the phone?
8. Why does Marge think that Dickie's signature must have changed?
9. How is being Dickie different from what Tom expected?
10. What reason does Tom give for Dickie being despondent?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)