|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two months' checks do the banks think were forged?
(a) June and July
(b) December and January
(c) Febuary and March
(d) January and Febuary
2. What does Tom decide to forge?
(a) Dickie's monthly checks
(b) Dickie's life insurance
(c) Dickie's will
(d) Dickie's credit card
3. Who do the police believe is guilty of the murders?
(a) Mr. Greenleaf
4. Who do the police say Freddie may have been killed by?
(a) A drunk
(b) A jealous lover
(c) A hitchhiker
(d) A thug
5. Who does Tom write a letter to in June?
(a) Paulo Rossi
(b) Smith Kingsley
(c) Mr. Greenleaf
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Mr. Greenleaf hired?
2. What country is Peter Smith-Kingsley from?
3. What is the name of the boat Tom takes to Greece?
4. What kind of transport do Tom and Marge use to get back to Tom's palazzo?
5. What does Tom hope Marge will forget?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom raise the police's suspicions?
2. What did a man see outside of Dickie's apartment?
3. What does Marge say in her letter to Dickie?
4. What does Tom say to Mr. Greeenleaf in his letter in June?
5. Why does Tom hate being himself?
6. What does Mr. Greenleaf write in his letter to Tom?
7. How does Tom exaggerate the Tom Ripley persona?
8. Why does Marge think that Dickie's signature must have changed?
9. What does one of the Franchetti brothers jokingly suggest about Dickie?
10. What does the countess tell Tom in Chapter 29?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)