|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom tell McCarron that Dickie could never have done?
(a) Murdered someone
(b) Killed himself
(c) Forged checks
(d) Married Marge
2. Where do the police want Dickie to return to?
(b) New York
3. What has Tom's friend, Bob, been questioning everyone about?
(a) A bank robbery
(b) Forged checks
(c) Tax fraud
(d) Tom's disappearance
4. What city is Tom traveling to next?
5. What kind of transport do Tom and Marge use to get back to Tom's palazzo?
(a) A gondola
(b) A car
(c) A bus
(d) A scooter
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death does Tom tell the Greenleafs about?
2. Who is arriving in Rome at noon?
3. What do the banks suspect?
4. Whose whereabouts do the police want to know about?
5. Who does Tom write a letter to in June?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the police tell Tom on the phone?
2. What lies does Tom tell McCarron?
3. What does Tom read in the newspapers in Chapter 30?
4. What reason does Tom give for Dickie being despondent?
5. What does Tom tell Mr. Greenleaf about Dickie's murder?
6. What information does McCarron want from Tom?
7. Why does Marge think that Dickie's signature must have changed?
8. How does Tom fake Dickie's will?
9. How does Tom try to hide that Freddie is dead when he takes him outside?
10. Why does Tom love his possessions?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)