|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Italy is Palermo in?
(a) Northern Italy
(b) Eastern Italy
(c) Southern Italy
(d) Western Italy
2. What does Tom say he fears has happened to Dickie?
(a) He has been committed to hospital
(b) He has drowned
(c) He has killed himself
(d) He was murdered
3. What do the banks suspect?
(a) Dickie has had his credit card stolen
(b) Someone has illegally withdrawn money form Dickie's account
(c) Dickie has held up a bank
(d) Someone has forged Dickie's signature
4. Who does Marge phone at 8.30 am?
(a) The police
(b) Mr. Greenleaf
(c) Her father
(d) Alvin McCarron
5. Why is Tom worried about going to the Naples bank?
(a) He does not have time
(b) He feels violent
(c) Dickie was there many times
(d) The police are after him
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does one of the Franchetti brothers jokingly suggest Dickie's traded his passport with?
2. What does Tom say is his only regret?
3. What is Tom working on when the police arrive?
4. Which two months' checks do the banks think were forged?
5. Who does Marge say she understands are a couple?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marge think that Dickie's signature must have changed?
2. Why does Tom love his possessions?
3. What does Tom decide is a great thing about Europe?
4. Why does Tom think Marge is so friendly to Mr. Greenleaf?
5. What do the police tell Tom on the phone?
6. What did a man see outside of Dickie's apartment?
7. What does the countess tell Tom in Chapter 29?
8. Why can Tom not tell Marge what he really thinks about the party?
9. Why does Tom hate being himself?
10. How does Tom fake Dickie's will?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)