|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who phones Tom after the police leave?
(c) Van Houston
2. What does Tom buy at 8 am?
3. Who do Marge and Tom meet for dinner?
(a) A private detective
(b) Marge's brother
(c) Mr. Greenleaf
(d) An Italian police captain
4. What does Tom decide to forge?
(a) Dickie's will
(b) Dickie's credit card
(c) Dickie's monthly checks
(d) Dickie's life insurance
5. Where does an American invite Marge?
(a) A cocktail party
(b) A costume party
(c) An art exhibit
(d) The theater
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tom receive a letter from when he arrives in Athens?
2. What does McCarron want to know?
3. What kind of mood does Tom think Marge is in?
4. Where does Tom rent a palazzo?
5. What is the name of the newspaper running Dickie's life story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Greenleaf write in his letter to Tom?
2. What does one of the Franchetti brothers jokingly suggest about Dickie?
3. What does Tom decide is a great thing about Europe?
4. Why does Tom love his possessions?
5. Why do the police want to know where Tom Ripley is ?
6. How does Tom try to hide that Freddie is dead when he takes him outside?
7. Why does Tom think Marge is so friendly to Mr. Greenleaf?
8. How does Tom fake Dickie's will?
9. How does Tom exaggerate the Tom Ripley persona?
10. How do the police think Freddie was murdered?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)