|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom spend five days wandering around?
2. What is the bottom of the boat covered in?
3. What does Tom remember about Dickie?
(a) His feet
(b) His eyes
(c) His laugh
(d) His smile
4. What kind of transport do Tom and Marge use to get back to Tom's palazzo?
(a) A scooter
(b) A car
(c) A bus
(d) A gondola
5. What does the countess inform Tom?
(a) Dickie's body has been found
(b) Dickie's suitcases have been found under a false name
(c) Dickie was a homosexual
(d) Dickie is hiding out in London
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel Tom checks into in this chapter?
2. What country is Peter Smith-Kingsley from?
3. What did Tom imagine he would have when he became Dickie?
4. What does Tom think about buying?
5. What is Tom working on when the police arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lies does Tom tell McCarron?
2. How does Tom try to hide that Freddie is dead when he takes him outside?
3. What does Tom tell Mr. Greenleaf about Dickie's murder?
4. What does Tom decide is a great thing about Europe?
5. What do the newspapers say about Dickie?
6. Why does Tom hate being himself?
7. What reason does Tom give for Dickie being despondent?
8. What does the countess tell Tom in Chapter 29?
9. What do the police tell Tom on the phone?
10. What does Tom read in the newspapers in Chapter 30?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)