|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom splash on the front of Freddie's shirt?
(a) Beer and wine
(b) Beer and vodka
(c) Water and wine
(d) Pernod and gin
2. Who does Tom receive a letter from in this chapter?
(a) Post offices
(c) Phone companies
(d) Ex lovers
3. What is Tom working on when the police arrive?
(a) An essay
(b) A book
(c) A painting
(d) A letter
4. Who is returning to the U.S. at the end of the week?
(a) Mr. Greenleaf
5. What does Tom convince the detective Dickie was despondent about?
(a) His lack of talent as a painter
(b) His lack of money
(c) His family
(d) His relationship with Marge
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Franchetti brothers go out to buy?
2. What does Mr. Greenleaf think has happened to Dickie?
3. What does Mr. Greenleaf say the Italian police are as useless as?
4. What will Tom get if his deception is uncovered?
5. Where does Tom rent a palazzo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the police want to know where Tom Ripley is ?
2. What does Tom tell Marge on the phone?
3. How does Tom exaggerate the Tom Ripley persona?
4. Why does Marge think that Dickie's signature must have changed?
5. How does Tom fake Dickie's will?
6. How does Tom raise the police's suspicions?
7. What does Tom read in the newspapers in Chapter 30?
8. How do the police think Freddie was murdered?
9. What does one of the Franchetti brothers jokingly suggest about Dickie?
10. What does Tom tell Mr. Greenleaf about Dickie's murder?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)