|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Naples bank demand?
(a) Dickie appears in person
(b) Dickie apologizes
(c) Dickie leaves Italy
(d) Dickie closes his account
2. What is the name of the boat Tom takes to Greece?
3. Who is under suspicion for Freddie's murder?
(c) Mr. Greenleaf
4. Where does Tom hide Dickie's passport?
(a) The lining of his Gucci case
(b) Inside a book
(c) In his his underwear
(d) In a drawer
5. Why is Tom worried about going to the Naples bank?
(a) He feels violent
(b) He does not have time
(c) Dickie was there many times
(d) The police are after him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the countess inform Tom?
2. What kind of drink is Tom drinking with Marge and the Franchetti brothers?
3. What does Marge drink at the cocktail party?
4. What did Tom imagine he would have when he became Dickie?
5. What kind of transport do Tom and Marge use to get back to Tom's palazzo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lies does Tom tell McCarron?
2. How does Tom raise the police's suspicions?
3. What does the countess tell Tom in Chapter 29?
4. What do the police tell Tom on the phone?
5. Why can Tom not tell Marge what he really thinks about the party?
6. How do the police think Freddie was murdered?
7. What does Tom tell Marge on the phone?
8. How does Tom fake Dickie's will?
9. What does Marge say in her letter to Dickie?
10. Why do the police want to know where Tom Ripley is ?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)