|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McCarron want to know?
(a) Where Dickie went out drinking
(b) If Dickie was into dope
(c) If Dickie had an agent
(d) Everyone Dickie knew in Mongibello
2. What transport does Tom use to travel to Palermo?
3. What do the banks suspect?
(a) Dickie has had his credit card stolen
(b) Someone has forged Dickie's signature
(c) Someone has illegally withdrawn money form Dickie's account
(d) Dickie has held up a bank
4. Where does Tom spend five days wandering around?
5. What does Tom say is his only regret?
(a) He has not seen enough of the world
(b) He did not ask Marge for a date
(c) He did not kill Marge
(d) He did not kiss Dickie
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom think he will beat Marge with if she refuses to believe him?
2. What does Tom cover Freddie's bloody head with?
3. Who is returning to the U.S. at the end of the week?
4. Where do the police want Dickie to return to?
5. Whose whereabouts do the police want to know about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom tell Marge on the phone?
2. How does Tom fake Dickie's will?
3. What does Tom tell Mr. Greenleaf about Dickie's murder?
4. Why does Marge think that Dickie's signature must have changed?
5. Why does it frighten Tom that he has to go to Naples to verify Tom's signature in person?
6. How does Tom exaggerate the Tom Ripley persona?
7. How is being Dickie different from what Tom expected?
8. What do the newspapers say about Dickie?
9. Why does Tom love his possessions?
10. What does Tom decide is a great thing about Europe?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)