|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does an American invite Marge?
(a) A cocktail party
(b) A costume party
(c) An art exhibit
(d) The theater
2. Where are Dickie's suitcases being held?
(a) An American Express office in Prague
(b) An American Express office in London
(c) An American Express office in Venice
(d) An American Express office in Rome
3. Who does Tom receive a letter from in this chapter?
(a) Ex lovers
(b) Phone companies
(d) Post offices
4. What will Tom get if his deception is uncovered?
(a) 20 years in prison
(b) The death penalty
(c) Hard labor
(d) Life imprisonment
5. What does Tom decide to forge?
(a) Dickie's monthly checks
(b) Dickie's will
(c) Dickie's credit card
(d) Dickie's life insurance
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's middle name?
2. What does the countess inform Tom?
3. Where does Tom rent a palazzo?
4. What has Tom's friend, Bob, been questioning everyone about?
5. What does Tom buy at 8 am?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a man see outside of Dickie's apartment?
2. What does Marge say in her letter to Dickie?
3. What does Tom tell Marge on the phone?
4. How does Tom exaggerate the Tom Ripley persona?
5. What does Mr. Greenleaf write in his letter to Tom?
6. Why does Tom think Marge is so friendly to Mr. Greenleaf?
7. What reason does Tom give for Dickie being despondent?
8. What does Tom decide is a great thing about Europe?
9. How does Tom raise the police's suspicions?
10. What does Tom say to Mr. Greeenleaf in his letter in June?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)