|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Hermes Baby?
(a) A typewriter
(b) A pen
(c) A telephone
(d) A car
2. What language does Tom study?
3. What is Bob's job?
(a) Freelance journalist
(b) Freelance window decorator
(c) Freelance gardener
(d) Freelance window cleaner
4. Why does Marge not want to go to San Remo with the two boys?
(a) She has a date
(b) She is writing
(c) She wants to go home
(d) She has to find a job
5. Where does Tom meet Dickie on the fourth morning?
(a) His hotel
(b) Marge's house
(c) The beach
(d) Dickie's house
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tom meet on the bus?
2. What does Tom give Marge?
3. What is the name of the restaurant the hotel manager recommends?
4. Who does Tom initially think the man is?
5. What is William J. Slatterer's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of the Franchetti brothers jokingly suggest about Dickie?
2. What brings tears to Tom's eyes?
3. Why does Tom like the relationship he has with Cleo?
4. What does Marge say in her letter to Dickie?
5. What does Tom read in the newspapers in Chapter 30?
6. Why can Tom not tell Marge what he really thinks about the party?
7. How does Tom kill Dickie?
8. What lie does Tom tell Dickie when they meet?
9. How is being Dickie different from what Tom expected?
10. What does Tom write in a letter from Dickie to Marge?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)