|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Tom's meal makes him feel mellow?
(a) The cigarettes
(b) The oysters
(c) The wine
(d) The octopus
2. What kind of job does Tom say Dick would have to come back to?
(a) Desk job
(b) A pressure job
(c) A tiring job
3. Where does Joel work?
(a) A newspaper
(b) A bar
(c) A publishing house
(d) A cafe
4. Where did Tom's parents drown?
(a) Boston Harbor
(b) The Atlantic
(c) New York Harbor
(d) Pearl Harbor
5. What is the name of the bar that Tom enters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of transport does Tom have to take to Mongibello?
2. What does Tom think about pushing Dickie off of?
3. What city does Tom travel to?
4. What part of France does Tom say he would like to see?
5. What does Marge want Dickie to get her from San Remo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom try to hide that Freddie is dead when he takes him outside?
2. How does Tom know Charlie Schriever?
3. How does Mr. Greeleaf react when Marge tells him about Dickie's rings?
4. What do the police tell Tom on the phone?
5. What does Tom think is an average day for Dickie and Marge?
6. Why does Tom immediately hate Marge?
7. Why is it safe for Tom to tell the Greenleafs he studied in Princeton?
8. What does Tom understand about Dickie in Chapter 8?
9. Why does Marge think that Dickie's signature must have changed?
10. How does Tom want to prepare for meeting the Greenleafs for dinner?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)