|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the young American man leaving for the next day?
2. What word does Tom hear some Italians say?
3. What is the name of the hotel Tom stays at?
4. Who does Tom meet on the bus?
5. What does Tom say his wine high could easily be corrected by?
(a) An espresso
(c) A latte
(d) A siesta
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the card from?
2. What does Tom think about pushing Dickie off of?
3. What is the name of Herbert's wife?
4. What kind of lessons does Tom take from an old man in Rome?
5. What Henry James book does Tom ask for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Tom been doing while alone in his hotel room?
2. Why does Tom have a long conversation with a painter called Carlino?
3. How does Dickie insult Tom in Chapter 12?
4. What excuse does Tom give Marge for Dickie's absence?
5. How does Tom know Charlie Schriever?
6. What lie does Tom tell Mr. Greenleaf?
7. How does Dickie react when Tom tells him his father sent him to bring Dickie home?
8. What does Tom take as a good sign on the train to Naples?
9. Why does Tom immediately hate Marge?
10. What lie does Tom tell Dickie when they meet?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)