|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Herbert's wife?
2. What will be inside the coffins with Tom and Dick?
3. What city does Tom travel to?
4. What nationality is the French girl's fiance?
5. What does Tom beat Dickie with?
(a) An oar
(b) A club
(c) A beer bottle
(d) His fists
Short Answer Questions
1. What king of lighter does Tom have?
2. What Henry James book does Tom ask for?
3. What part of France does Tom say he would like to see?
4. What is Bob's job?
5. What does Tom say he can fly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tom have a long conversation with a painter called Carlino?
2. What lies does Tom tell McCarron?
3. Why do the police want to know where Tom Ripley is ?
4. What reason does Tom give for Dickie being despondent?
5. What excuse does Tom give Marge for Dickie's absence?
6. What does Tom say to the Greenleafs in the postscript?
7. How does Tom know Bob Delancey?
8. Why does Carlo want two people to ride to Paris in a coffin?
9. What does Tom take as a good sign on the train to Naples?
10. What does the countess tell Tom in Chapter 29?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)