|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant the hotel manager recommends?
(a) Zi' Tersea
(b) Le Dero
(c) Mon Rossi
(d) Zi' Maria
2. What does Dickie want to do with Marge in Cortina d'Ampezzo?
(b) Play tennis
3. Where did Richard buy his black woolen socks?
(a) Arding and Hobbs
(b) Brooks Brothers
4. Where does Tom meet Dickie on the fourth morning?
(a) His hotel
(b) Dickie's house
(c) Marge's house
(d) The beach
5. What kind of job does Tom say Dick would have to come back to?
(a) A pressure job
(b) A tiring job
(c) Desk job
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom hit Freddie with?
2. What is the name of the cafe where Tom meets a young American?
3. What does Tom think Freddie is the type to beat up?
4. What is the name of Herbert Greenleaf's son?
5. What did Dickie send Marge from Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Tom give Marge for Dickie's absence?
2. Why is it safe for Tom to tell the Greenleafs he studied in Princeton?
3. Why is Tom frightened of water?
4. How does the morning Tom sets sail start off badly for him?
5. How does Dickie react when Tom tells him his father sent him to bring Dickie home?
6. What does Tom understand about Dickie in Chapter 8?
7. What does Tom write in a letter from Dickie to Marge?
8. Why does Tom have a long conversation with a painter called Carlino?
9. What does Marge say in her letter to Dickie, dated January 4?
10. What has Tom been doing while alone in his hotel room?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)