|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom follow Dickie out of the bar like?
(a) A dog
(b) A donkey
(c) A snake
(d) A cat
2. What is Marge wearing the next day?
(a) A wet suit
(b) A skirt and blouse
(c) Jeans and a shirt
(d) A bikini
3. What is inside the basket on Tom's cabin floor?
4. What is William J. Slatterer's job?
5. Which of the following does Tom say his cap could not make him look like?
(a) An American eccentric
(b) A thug
(c) A Frenchman
(d) A spoilt child
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Herbert's wife?
2. What Henry James book does Tom ask for?
3. What kind of brandy does Dickie order?
4. What does Tom hit Freddie with?
5. What does Tom buy to go with his cap?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom rehearse in his hotel room?
2. What lie does Tom tell Mr. Greenleaf?
3. Why is Tom frightened of water?
4. Who does Tom think is the man following him?
5. What does Tom write in a letter from Dickie to Marge?
6. How does the morning Tom sets sail start off badly for him?
7. Why does Tom immediately hate Marge?
8. How does Dickie anger Tom in Chapter 10?
9. What does Tom take as a good sign on the train to Naples?
10. How does Dickie react when Tom tells him his father sent him to bring Dickie home?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)