|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom say Dickie will meet Marge before she leaves?
2. What does Tom say he wants time to do aboard the ship?
3. Who does Tom initially think the man is?
(a) A policeman
(b) A private eye
(c) A pervert
(d) A pickpocket
4. What does Tom hit Freddie with?
(a) A bottle
(b) A plate
(c) A book
(d) An ashtray
5. What part of France does Tom say he would like to see?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom give Marge?
2. What color is the letterhead of Mr Greenleaf's letter?
3. What is the name of the place Tom sees the man coming out of?
4. What does Dickie want to do with Marge in Cortina d'Ampezzo?
5. What college did Tom first go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carlo want two people to ride to Paris in a coffin?
2. What does Marge say in her letter to Dickie, dated January 4?
3. How does Dickie react when Tom tells him his father sent him to bring Dickie home?
4. How does Dickie anger Tom in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Tom have a long conversation with a painter called Carlino?
6. How does Tom kill Dickie?
7. What does Tom write in a letter from Dickie to Marge?
8. What does Tom say to the Greenleafs in the postscript?
9. Who does Tom think is the man following him?
10. Who does Tom meet in Rome?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)