|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom have to take care of his passport business?
(a) TV City
(b) Radio City
(d) NBC Studios
2. When does Dickie say he will fly back home for a few days?
3. What kind of air does Tom think his cap gives him?
(a) A country air
(b) A fun air
(c) A rich air
(d) A city air
4. Where is the Greenleafs' New York City apartment?
(a) Central Park
(c) Park Avenue
5. Where does Tom ask Dickie if he wants to go in a coffin?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inside the basket on Tom's cabin floor?
2. What is the name of the hotel Tom stays at?
3. What did Dickie's mother send for him?
4. What is the name of the restaurant the hotel manager recommends?
5. What word does Tom hear some Italians say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Tom give for Dickie being despondent?
2. How does Mr. Greeleaf react when Marge tells him about Dickie's rings?
3. What lie does Tom tell Dickie when they meet?
4. Who does Tom think is the man following him?
5. What does Tom say to the Greenleafs in the postscript?
6. Why does Carlo want two people to ride to Paris in a coffin?
7. What brings tears to Tom's eyes?
8. What does Marge say in her letter to Dickie?
9. What excuse does Tom give Marge for Dickie's absence?
10. How does Tom exaggerate the Tom Ripley persona?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)