|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant the hotel manager recommends?
(a) Mon Rossi
(b) Le Dero
(c) Zi' Maria
(d) Zi' Tersea
2. What does Tom say is the first step to getting Dickie home?
(a) Showing his photos of home
(b) Making him like him
(c) Talking about New York
(d) Stealing his girlfriend
3. What kind of alcohol does Bob give Tom?
4. Where does Tom say Dickie will meet Marge before she leaves?
5. Where does Joel work?
(a) A newspaper
(b) A bar
(c) A publishing house
(d) A cafe
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cigarettes does Tom buy for Dickie?
2. What does Tom think about pushing Dickie off of?
3. Why does Marge not want to go to San Remo with the two boys?
4. What is the name of the bar that Tom enters?
5. Who does Tom meet on the bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marge say in her letter to Dickie, dated January 4?
2. Why does Tom feel proud of the work he has done for Mr. Greenleaf?
3. How does Tom know Charlie Schriever?
4. How does Tom know Bob Delancey?
5. Why does Tom like the relationship he has with Cleo?
6. Who does Tom think is the man following him?
7. Why does Tom immediately hate Marge?
8. How does Dickie anger Tom in Chapter 10?
9. How does Tom want to prepare for meeting the Greenleafs for dinner?
10. How does Dickie insult Tom in Chapter 12?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)