|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the banks suspect?
(a) Someone has forged Dickie's signature
(b) Someone has illegally withdrawn money form Dickie's account
(c) Dickie has had his credit card stolen
(d) Dickie has held up a bank
2. What is the name of the bar Tom asks Marge to meet him at?
3. What does Tom hope Marge will forget?
(a) Her need for revenge
(b) The cocktail party
(d) Her purse
4. Who phones Tom after the police leave?
(c) Van Houston
5. Who is returning to the U.S. at the end of the week?
(c) Mr. Greenleaf
6. Where does Tom rent a palazzo?
7. What country is Peter Smith-Kingsley from?
8. What does Tom think about buying?
(a) A car
(b) A bicycle
(c) A scooter
(d) A motorbike
9. What is Tom's middle name?
10. What does Marge drink at the cocktail party?
11. Who does one of the Franchetti brothers jokingly suggest Dickie's traded his passport with?
(a) A musician
(b) A fisherman
(c) A businessman
(d) An artist
12. What does Tom remember about Dickie?
(a) His eyes
(b) His feet
(c) His laugh
(d) His smile
13. Who does Marge phone at 8.30 am?
(a) Her father
(b) The police
(c) Mr. Greenleaf
(d) Alvin McCarron
14. Who has Mr. Greenleaf hired?
(a) An assassin
(b) A lawyer
(c) An American detective
(d) A cleaner
15. What is Tom working on when the police arrive?
(a) A letter
(b) An essay
(c) A book
(d) A painting
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Greenleaf say the Italian police are as useless as?
2. What did Tom imagine he would have when he became Dickie?
3. What do the Franchetti brothers go out to buy?
4. Who does Tom identify himself as at the police station?
5. What does the countess inform Tom?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)