|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom cover Freddie's bloody head with?
(a) A hat
(b) A scarf
(c) A sweater
(d) A curtain
2. Who does Marge say she understands are a couple?
(a) Tom and Dickie
(b) Tom and Freddie
(c) Tom and Mrs Greenleaf
(d) Dickie and Freddie
3. What does Tom convince the detective Dickie was despondent about?
(a) His relationship with Marge
(b) His family
(c) His lack of talent as a painter
(d) His lack of money
4. Who does Tom write a letter to in June?
(a) Paulo Rossi
(b) Mr. Greenleaf
(d) Smith Kingsley
5. Whose death does Tom tell the Greenleafs about?
6. What does Mr. Greenleaf say the Italian police are as useless as?
(a) Young children
(b) Old women
(d) Old men
7. What kind of drink is Tom drinking with Marge and the Franchetti brothers?
(b) Coca colas
8. Who does Dickie receive a long letter from?
(b) His father
9. When is Tom sailing to Greece?
10. What does Tom treat himself to in the evening?
(d) A woman
11. What has Tom's friend, Bob, been questioning everyone about?
(a) A bank robbery
(b) Tax fraud
(c) Forged checks
(d) Tom's disappearance
12. What transport does Tom use to travel to Palermo?
13. What does Tom think is a great thing about Europe?
(a) Pleasant atmosphere
(b) Good music
(c) No one meddles
(d) Good alcohol
14. Who does Marge phone at 8.30 am?
(a) The police
(b) Alvin McCarron
(c) Her father
(d) Mr. Greenleaf
15. Who does Tom receive a letter from in this chapter?
(a) Ex lovers
(b) Post offices
(d) Phone companies
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tom identify himself as at the police station?
2. What does Tom think about buying?
3. What does Tom decide to leave in Venice?
4. How does Alvin McCarron travel to Rome?
5. What does Tom call himself/
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)