|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does an American invite Marge?
(a) The theater
(b) A costume party
(c) An art exhibit
(d) A cocktail party
2. What does Tom tell McCarron that Dickie could never have done?
(a) Married Marge
(b) Murdered someone
(c) Killed himself
(d) Forged checks
3. What do the Franchetti brothers go out to buy?
4. What does Tom say he fears has happened to Dickie?
(a) He was murdered
(b) He has drowned
(c) He has killed himself
(d) He has been committed to hospital
5. Who does Tom write to at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Mrs. Greenleaf
(b) His aunt
(c) Mr. Greenleaf
6. Who does Marge say she understands are a couple?
(a) Dickie and Freddie
(b) Tom and Freddie
(c) Tom and Mrs Greenleaf
(d) Tom and Dickie
7. What does Tom decide to forge?
(a) Dickie's monthly checks
(b) Dickie's life insurance
(c) Dickie's will
(d) Dickie's credit card
8. What does the countess inform Tom?
(a) Dickie's body has been found
(b) Dickie's suitcases have been found under a false name
(c) Dickie is hiding out in London
(d) Dickie was a homosexual
9. Who does one of the Franchetti brothers jokingly suggest Dickie's traded his passport with?
(a) A businessman
(b) A fisherman
(c) A musician
(d) An artist
10. What does Tom tell Mr. Greenleaf he has found in Dickie's suitcase?
(a) His diary
(b) A letter
(c) His passport
(d) His will
11. What kind of car does Freddie drive?
(a) A Fiat
(b) A Ford
(c) A Skoda
(d) A Mercedes
12. Who does Tom think of when he wakes up?
(c) His mother
13. What does Tom think about buying?
(a) A bicycle
(b) A scooter
(c) A motorbike
(d) A car
14. What does Tom hope Marge will forget?
(a) Her purse
(c) The cocktail party
(d) Her need for revenge
15. What part of Italy is Palermo in?
(a) Southern Italy
(b) Eastern Italy
(c) Northern Italy
(d) Western Italy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is returning to the U.S. at the end of the week?
2. What does Tom decide to leave in Venice?
3. Where does Tom rent a palazzo?
4. Who does Tom write a letter to in June?
5. What will Tom get if his deception is uncovered?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)