|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tom write a letter to in June?
(a) Smith Kingsley
(b) Mr. Greenleaf
(d) Paulo Rossi
2. What does Tom buy at 8 am?
3. What is the bottom of the boat covered in?
4. What part of Italy does Tom think Dickie may be hiding in?
(a) Western Italy
(b) Southern Italy
(c) Northern Italy
(d) Eastern Italy
5. What name have Dickie's belongings been found under?
(a) David Copper
(b) Frank Junior
(c) Tommy Lawrence
(d) Robert Fanshaw
6. What does everyone at the party want to discuss?
(a) Dickie's disappearance
(b) Mr. Greenleaf's arrival
(c) Tom's relationship with Dickie
(d) Marge's relationship with Dickie
7. Who does Tom think of when he wakes up?
(c) His mother
8. What does Mr. Greenleaf say the Italian police are as useless as?
(a) Old women
(b) Young children
(d) Old men
9. Who does Tom want the police to believe killed Freddie?
10. What is Tom working on when the police arrive?
(a) A painting
(b) An essay
(c) A book
(d) A letter
11. What does Tom say he fears has happened to Dickie?
(a) He was murdered
(b) He has been committed to hospital
(c) He has killed himself
(d) He has drowned
12. What does Tom think he will beat Marge with if she refuses to believe him?
(a) A phone
(b) A bottle
(c) His shoe
(d) A glass
13. Who phones Tom after the police leave?
(d) Van Houston
14. What is the name of the bar Tom asks Marge to meet him at?
15. What do the Franchetti brothers go out to buy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tom receive a letter from in this chapter?
2. Who phones Tom after breakfast?
3. What language is Tom grateful that the detective cannot speak?
4. What do the banks suspect?
5. What kind of car does Freddie drive?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)