|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper running Dickie's life story?
(a) The Gazette
(b) The Eye
(c) The Paparazzi
(d) The Oggi
2. Who is returning to the U.S. at the end of the week?
(b) Mr. Greenleaf
3. What is Alvin McCarron's job?
(c) Private detective?
4. Who does Tom write to at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Mr. Greenleaf
(b) Mrs. Greenleaf
(c) His aunt
5. What part of Italy does Tom think Dickie may be hiding in?
(a) Western Italy
(b) Northern Italy
(c) Eastern Italy
(d) Southern Italy
6. Who does Tom write a letter to in June?
(b) Paulo Rossi
(c) Smith Kingsley
(d) Mr. Greenleaf
7. What does Tom decide to leave in Venice?
(a) Dickie's diary
(b) Dickie's rings
(c) Dickie's passport
(d) Dickie's bags
8. Why is Tom worried about going to the Naples bank?
(a) He does not have time
(b) Dickie was there many times
(c) The police are after him
(d) He feels violent
9. Where does an American invite Marge?
(a) The theater
(b) A costume party
(c) A cocktail party
(d) An art exhibit
10. What kind of money in Freddie's wallet does Tom burn?
11. What name have Dickie's belongings been found under?
(a) Robert Fanshaw
(b) David Copper
(c) Frank Junior
(d) Tommy Lawrence
12. What is the name of the bar Tom asks Marge to meet him at?
13. What does Tom tell Marge Dickie gave him in Rome?
(a) His passport
(b) His suitcase
(c) His rings
(d) His clothes
14. What does Tom say is his only regret?
(a) He did not ask Marge for a date
(b) He did not kill Marge
(c) He has not seen enough of the world
(d) He did not kiss Dickie
15. Who does Tom identify himself as at the police station?
(a) Mr. Greenleaf
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Tom get if his deception is uncovered?
2. What does Tom say he fears has happened to Dickie?
3. What does Mr. Greenleaf say the Italian police are as useless as?
4. Whose whereabouts do the police want to know about?
5. What does Tom convince the detective Dickie was despondent about?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)