|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does one of the Franchetti brothers jokingly suggest Dickie's traded his passport with?
(a) An artist
(b) A musician
(c) A fisherman
(d) A businessman
2. Who does Tom receive a letter from in this chapter?
(a) Post offices
(c) Ex lovers
(d) Phone companies
3. What does Tom call himself/
(b) A nobody
4. Who does Tom receive a letter from when he arrives in Athens?
(a) His aunt
(b) Mr. Greenleaf
(d) His mother
5. Whose death does Tom tell the Greenleafs about?
6. What will Tom get if his deception is uncovered?
(a) Hard labor
(b) 20 years in prison
(c) The death penalty
(d) Life imprisonment
7. What city is Tom traveling to next?
8. What is Marge's surname?
9. Where does Tom rent a palazzo?
10. Who do the police believe is guilty of the murders?
(d) Mr. Greenleaf
11. What kind of mood does Tom think Marge is in?
12. What name have Dickie's belongings been found under?
(a) Tommy Lawrence
(b) Frank Junior
(c) Robert Fanshaw
(d) David Copper
13. What is Tom working on when the police arrive?
(a) A letter
(b) A book
(c) A painting
(d) An essay
14. Who phones Tom from Rome?
(b) Mr. Greenleaf
(d) Van Houston
15. What does the countess inform Tom?
(a) Dickie was a homosexual
(b) Dickie's body has been found
(c) Dickie is hiding out in London
(d) Dickie's suitcases have been found under a false name
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom say he fears has happened to Dickie?
2. Whose whereabouts do the police want to know about?
3. Where are Dickie's suitcases being held?
4. What does Mr. Greenleaf think has happened to Dickie?
5. What language is Tom grateful that the detective cannot speak?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)