|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tom write a letter to in June?
(a) Paulo Rossi
(b) Smith Kingsley
(d) Mr. Greenleaf
2. Where does Tom spend five days wandering around?
3. Who phones Tom after the police leave?
(c) Van Houston
4. Whose death does Tom tell the Greenleafs about?
5. What does the Naples bank demand?
(a) Dickie appears in person
(b) Dickie leaves Italy
(c) Dickie apologizes
(d) Dickie closes his account
6. Who does Tom think of when he wakes up?
(d) His mother
7. What do the banks suspect?
(a) Someone has illegally withdrawn money form Dickie's account
(b) Dickie has held up a bank
(c) Someone has forged Dickie's signature
(d) Dickie has had his credit card stolen
8. What is the name of the bar Tom asks Marge to meet him at?
9. Who does Tom say he was with on the 2nd of February in Rome?
(d) Mrs. Greenleaf
10. What does Tom tell Mr. Greenleaf he has found in Dickie's suitcase?
(a) His diary
(b) His passport
(c) His will
(d) A letter
11. What does Tom think about buying?
(a) A motorbike
(b) A scooter
(c) A car
(d) A bicycle
12. Who does Tom not want to go to Greece as?
(b) Mr. Greenleaf
13. What does Tom treat himself to in the evening?
(c) A woman
14. What kind of money in Freddie's wallet does Tom burn?
15. What do the Franchetti brothers go out to buy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tom receive a letter from when he arrives in Athens?
2. What kind of car does Freddie drive?
3. Why is Tom worried about going to the Naples bank?
4. What does Mr. Greenleaf say the Italian police are as useless as?
5. What is the bottom of the boat covered in?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)