|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say is his only regret?
(a) He has not seen enough of the world
(b) He did not ask Marge for a date
(c) He did not kiss Dickie
(d) He did not kill Marge
2. Who does one of the Franchetti brothers jokingly suggest Dickie's traded his passport with?
(a) An artist
(b) A fisherman
(c) A businessman
(d) A musician
3. Who does Tom identify himself as at the police station?
(b) Mr. Greenleaf
4. What will Tom get if his deception is uncovered?
(a) The death penalty
(b) Hard labor
(c) Life imprisonment
(d) 20 years in prison
5. Who phones Tom after the police leave?
(b) Van Houston
6. What does Tom convince the detective Dickie was despondent about?
(a) His relationship with Marge
(b) His lack of talent as a painter
(c) His lack of money
(d) His family
7. What kind of money in Freddie's wallet does Tom burn?
8. What does Tom splash on the front of Freddie's shirt?
(a) Beer and vodka
(b) Beer and wine
(c) Pernod and gin
(d) Water and wine
9. What does the Naples bank demand?
(a) Dickie appears in person
(b) Dickie leaves Italy
(c) Dickie closes his account
(d) Dickie apologizes
10. What does Tom cover Freddie's bloody head with?
(a) A hat
(b) A sweater
(c) A curtain
(d) A scarf
11. What is the name of the newspaper running Dickie's life story?
(a) The Oggi
(b) The Paparazzi
(c) The Eye
(d) The Gazette
12. What does the countess inform Tom?
(a) Dickie's suitcases have been found under a false name
(b) Dickie was a homosexual
(c) Dickie's body has been found
(d) Dickie is hiding out in London
13. Who phones Tom from Rome?
(a) Mr. Greenleaf
(b) Van Houston
14. Where does an American invite Marge?
(a) The theater
(b) A costume party
(c) A cocktail party
(d) An art exhibit
15. Who does Dickie receive a threatening letter from?
(a) The police
(b) Freddie's father
(d) His father
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Italy does Tom think Dickie may be hiding in?
2. What did Tom imagine he would have when he became Dickie?
3. What is Marge's surname?
4. Who is returning to the U.S. at the end of the week?
5. What does Tom call himself/
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)