|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom tell Marge Dickie gave him in Rome?
(a) His passport
(b) His suitcase
(c) His rings
(d) His clothes
2. Who does Tom want the police to believe killed Freddie?
3. What kind of money in Freddie's wallet does Tom burn?
4. What country is Peter Smith-Kingsley from?
5. What does Tom convince the detective Dickie was despondent about?
(a) His lack of talent as a painter
(b) His lack of money
(c) His family
(d) His relationship with Marge
6. What does Tom tell Mr. Greenleaf he has found in Dickie's suitcase?
(a) His will
(b) A letter
(c) His passport
(d) His diary
7. What did Tom imagine he would have when he became Dickie?
(c) New friends
8. What kind of mood does Tom think Marge is in?
9. When is Tom sailing to Greece?
10. What does Mrs. Cartwright tell stories about?
(a) Her marriages
(b) Her accident
(c) Her childhood
(d) Her family
11. Who do Marge and Tom meet for dinner?
(a) A private detective
(b) Marge's brother
(c) An Italian police captain
(d) Mr. Greenleaf
12. What does Tom say he fears has happened to Dickie?
(a) He has killed himself
(b) He was murdered
(c) He has been committed to hospital
(d) He has drowned
13. What does Tom steal from Freddie?
(a) His wallet
(b) His rings
(c) His watch
(d) His clothes
14. What part of Italy is Palermo in?
(a) Western Italy
(b) Northern Italy
(c) Eastern Italy
(d) Southern Italy
15. What has Tom's friend, Bob, been questioning everyone about?
(a) A bank robbery
(b) Forged checks
(c) Tax fraud
(d) Tom's disappearance
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bottom of the boat covered in?
2. What does Tom think about buying?
3. Who does Tom think of when he wakes up?
4. What does Mr. Greenleaf think has happened to Dickie?
5. Who does Tom receive a letter from when he arrives in Athens?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)