|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the police say Freddie may have been killed by?
(a) A drunk
(b) A jealous lover
(c) A hitchhiker
(d) A thug
2. Where does an American invite Marge?
(a) A costume party
(b) A cocktail party
(c) An art exhibit
(d) The theater
3. What does Tom think about buying?
(a) A bicycle
(b) A motorbike
(c) A scooter
(d) A car
4. What is Tom working on when the police arrive?
(a) An essay
(b) A painting
(c) A book
(d) A letter
5. When is Tom sailing to Greece?
6. What does the Naples bank demand?
(a) Dickie leaves Italy
(b) Dickie closes his account
(c) Dickie appears in person
(d) Dickie apologizes
7. Who does Tom write to at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) His aunt
(b) Mr. Greenleaf
(c) Mrs. Greenleaf
8. What do the Franchetti brothers go out to buy?
9. Who does Tom identify himself as at the police station?
(d) Mr. Greenleaf
10. Who is under suspicion for Freddie's murder?
(b) Mr. Greenleaf
11. What is the name of the newspaper running Dickie's life story?
(a) The Oggi
(b) The Gazette
(c) The Eye
(d) The Paparazzi
12. What does Tom convince the detective Dickie was despondent about?
(a) His relationship with Marge
(b) His lack of talent as a painter
(c) His family
(d) His lack of money
13. Where are Dickie's suitcases being held?
(a) An American Express office in Rome
(b) An American Express office in Prague
(c) An American Express office in Venice
(d) An American Express office in London
14. Who do Marge and Tom meet for dinner?
(a) Marge's brother
(b) A private detective
(c) Mr. Greenleaf
(d) An Italian police captain
15. What is the name of the hotel Tom checks into in this chapter?
(a) Van Houston
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom tell Marge Dickie gave him in Rome?
2. What does Tom remember about Dickie?
3. Who does Tom receive a letter from in this chapter?
4. What does Tom decide to leave in Venice?
5. What does Tom treat himself to in the evening?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)