|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's middle name?
2. What does everyone at the party want to discuss?
(a) Marge's relationship with Dickie
(b) Dickie's disappearance
(c) Mr. Greenleaf's arrival
(d) Tom's relationship with Dickie
3. What transport does Tom use to travel to Palermo?
4. Where does Tom rent a palazzo?
5. Who phones Tom from Rome?
(a) Van Houston
(d) Mr. Greenleaf
6. What does the countess inform Tom?
(a) Dickie's suitcases have been found under a false name
(b) Dickie is hiding out in London
(c) Dickie was a homosexual
(d) Dickie's body has been found
7. What country is Peter Smith-Kingsley from?
8. Who is under suspicion for Freddie's murder?
(c) Mr. Greenleaf
9. What part of Italy does Tom think Dickie may be hiding in?
(a) Southern Italy
(b) Western Italy
(c) Eastern Italy
(d) Northern Italy
10. Who does Marge phone at 8.30 am?
(a) The police
(b) Mr. Greenleaf
(c) Her father
(d) Alvin McCarron
11. What is the name of the newspaper running Dickie's life story?
(a) The Gazette
(b) The Oggi
(c) The Eye
(d) The Paparazzi
12. Where does Tom spend five days wandering around?
13. What does Tom think is a great thing about Europe?
(a) Good music
(b) No one meddles
(c) Pleasant atmosphere
(d) Good alcohol
14. Who does one of the Franchetti brothers jokingly suggest Dickie's traded his passport with?
(a) A businessman
(b) A musician
(c) A fisherman
(d) An artist
15. What does Tom cover Freddie's bloody head with?
(a) A curtain
(b) A sweater
(c) A scarf
(d) A hat
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tom identify himself as at the police station?
2. When is Tom sailing to Greece?
3. What does Tom hope Marge will forget?
4. Who does Marge say she understands are a couple?
5. What language is Tom grateful that the detective cannot speak?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)