|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dickie receive a threatening letter from?
(a) Freddie's father
(b) The police
(c) His father
2. Where does Tom hide Dickie's passport?
(a) In a drawer
(b) In his his underwear
(c) Inside a book
(d) The lining of his Gucci case
3. What country is Peter Smith-Kingsley from?
4. Where are Dickie's suitcases being held?
(a) An American Express office in Rome
(b) An American Express office in Venice
(c) An American Express office in London
(d) An American Express office in Prague
5. What does Tom buy at 8 am?
6. What does McCarron want to know?
(a) If Dickie was into dope
(b) Where Dickie went out drinking
(c) If Dickie had an agent
(d) Everyone Dickie knew in Mongibello
7. Why is Tom worried about going to the Naples bank?
(a) He does not have time
(b) Dickie was there many times
(c) The police are after him
(d) He feels violent
8. What does Tom cover Freddie's bloody head with?
(a) A sweater
(b) A curtain
(c) A scarf
(d) A hat
9. What does Tom say is his only regret?
(a) He has not seen enough of the world
(b) He did not kiss Dickie
(c) He did not ask Marge for a date
(d) He did not kill Marge
10. Who phones Tom from Rome?
(a) Mr. Greenleaf
(d) Van Houston
11. What does Tom convince the detective Dickie was despondent about?
(a) His lack of talent as a painter
(b) His family
(c) His relationship with Marge
(d) His lack of money
12. What does Mr. Greenleaf say the Italian police are as useless as?
(a) Young children
(b) Old women
(d) Old men
13. What does Tom decide to forge?
(a) Dickie's monthly checks
(b) Dickie's will
(c) Dickie's credit card
(d) Dickie's life insurance
14. Who does Tom receive a letter from when he arrives in Athens?
(a) His mother
(b) Mr. Greenleaf
(c) His aunt
15. Whose whereabouts do the police want to know about?
(b) Van Houston's
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is under suspicion for Freddie's murder?
2. What kind of transport do Tom and Marge use to get back to Tom's palazzo?
3. Who do Marge and Tom meet for dinner?
4. What is Marge's surname?
5. How does Alvin McCarron travel to Rome?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)