|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom splash on the front of Freddie's shirt?
(a) Water and wine
(b) Beer and wine
(c) Beer and vodka
(d) Pernod and gin
2. Who does Tom identify himself as at the police station?
(c) Mr. Greenleaf
3. What does Tom remember about Dickie?
(a) His smile
(b) His laugh
(c) His eyes
(d) His feet
4. What does Tom call himself/
(b) A nobody
5. What does Tom buy at 8 am?
6. Who do Marge and Tom meet for dinner?
(a) A private detective
(b) Mr. Greenleaf
(c) Marge's brother
(d) An Italian police captain
7. What does Tom convince the detective Dickie was despondent about?
(a) His family
(b) His lack of talent as a painter
(c) His relationship with Marge
(d) His lack of money
8. What kind of transport do Tom and Marge use to get back to Tom's palazzo?
(a) A scooter
(b) A gondola
(c) A bus
(d) A car
9. What does Mr. Greenleaf say the Italian police are as useless as?
(a) Old women
(b) Young children
(d) Old men
10. How does Alvin McCarron travel to Rome?
11. What did Tom imagine he would have when he became Dickie?
(a) New friends
12. What does Mr. Greenleaf think has happened to Dickie?
(a) He is in hiding
(b) He has gone back to the US
(c) He has killed himself
(d) He has admitted himself to a hospital
13. What does Tom steal from Freddie?
(a) His watch
(b) His rings
(c) His clothes
(d) His wallet
14. What does Tom say he fears has happened to Dickie?
(a) He has drowned
(b) He was murdered
(c) He has been committed to hospital
(d) He has killed himself
15. Where does Tom spend five days wandering around?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Italy does Tom think Dickie may be hiding in?
2. Who is under suspicion for Freddie's murder?
3. Who does Tom write a letter to in June?
4. What do the Franchetti brothers go out to buy?
5. What does Tom tell McCarron that Dickie could never have done?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)