|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tom receive a letter from in this chapter?
(a) Phone companies
(b) Ex lovers
(d) Post offices
2. Which two months' checks do the banks think were forged?
(a) December and January
(b) Febuary and March
(c) June and July
(d) January and Febuary
3. Who does Tom write to at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) His aunt
(b) Mrs. Greenleaf
(c) Mr. Greenleaf
4. Who phones Tom after breakfast?
(d) The police
5. Who is under suspicion for Freddie's murder?
(b) Mr. Greenleaf
6. Where does Tom rent a palazzo?
7. What does Mr. Greenleaf say the Italian police are as useless as?
(a) Old women
(b) Old men
(c) Young children
8. What does Tom say is his only regret?
(a) He did not kiss Dickie
(b) He did not ask Marge for a date
(c) He has not seen enough of the world
(d) He did not kill Marge
9. What kind of car does Freddie drive?
(a) A Fiat
(b) A Mercedes
(c) A Ford
(d) A Skoda
10. Who phones Tom after the police leave?
(c) Van Houston
11. How does Alvin McCarron travel to Rome?
12. What does Tom say he fears has happened to Dickie?
(a) He has drowned
(b) He has been committed to hospital
(c) He has killed himself
(d) He was murdered
13. What kind of transport do Tom and Marge use to get back to Tom's palazzo?
(a) A scooter
(b) A bus
(c) A car
(d) A gondola
14. Who does Marge phone at 8.30 am?
(a) Her father
(b) Mr. Greenleaf
(c) The police
(d) Alvin McCarron
15. What does Tom tell Marge Dickie gave him in Rome?
(a) His suitcase
(b) His clothes
(c) His passport
(d) His rings
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alvin McCarron's job?
2. Who do Marge and Tom meet for dinner?
3. What part of Italy does Tom think Dickie may be hiding in?
4. What country is Peter Smith-Kingsley from?
5. What does Mr. Greenleaf think has happened to Dickie?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)