|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bar Tom asks Marge to meet him at?
2. Who does Tom write to at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Mrs. Greenleaf
(b) His aunt
(d) Mr. Greenleaf
3. What does the countess inform Tom?
(a) Dickie was a homosexual
(b) Dickie is hiding out in London
(c) Dickie's suitcases have been found under a false name
(d) Dickie's body has been found
4. What do the banks suspect?
(a) Someone has forged Dickie's signature
(b) Someone has illegally withdrawn money form Dickie's account
(c) Dickie has had his credit card stolen
(d) Dickie has held up a bank
5. Who is returning to the U.S. at the end of the week?
(a) Mr. Greenleaf
6. What does the Naples bank demand?
(a) Dickie apologizes
(b) Dickie closes his account
(c) Dickie leaves Italy
(d) Dickie appears in person
7. What kind of money in Freddie's wallet does Tom burn?
8. Who is under suspicion for Freddie's murder?
(c) Mr. Greenleaf
9. How does Alvin McCarron travel to Rome?
10. Where does Tom hide Dickie's passport?
(a) The lining of his Gucci case
(b) Inside a book
(c) In a drawer
(d) In his his underwear
11. What is Marge's surname?
12. Who phones Tom after the police leave?
(c) Van Houston
13. What does Tom decide to leave in Venice?
(a) Dickie's bags
(b) Dickie's diary
(c) Dickie's rings
(d) Dickie's passport
14. What is Tom working on when the police arrive?
(a) An essay
(b) A book
(c) A letter
(d) A painting
15. What is the name of the hotel Tom checks into in this chapter?
(a) Van Houston
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is Peter Smith-Kingsley from?
2. What does Mrs. Cartwright tell stories about?
3. Who does Tom not want to go to Greece as?
4. When is Tom sailing to Greece?
5. What kind of transport do Tom and Marge use to get back to Tom's palazzo?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)