|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tom think of when he wakes up?
(a) His mother
2. What does Mrs. Cartwright tell stories about?
(a) Her accident
(b) Her family
(c) Her marriages
(d) Her childhood
3. What transport does Tom use to travel to Palermo?
4. What is Marge's surname?
5. Who phones Tom from Rome?
(c) Mr. Greenleaf
(d) Van Houston
6. What does Mr. Greenleaf think has happened to Dickie?
(a) He is in hiding
(b) He has gone back to the US
(c) He has admitted himself to a hospital
(d) He has killed himself
7. Who phones Tom after breakfast?
(d) The police
8. Whose whereabouts do the police want to know about?
(c) Van Houston's
9. What does Tom tell McCarron that Dickie could never have done?
(a) Murdered someone
(b) Forged checks
(c) Killed himself
(d) Married Marge
10. What is Alvin McCarron's job?
(b) Private detective?
11. Where are Dickie's suitcases being held?
(a) An American Express office in Rome
(b) An American Express office in Prague
(c) An American Express office in London
(d) An American Express office in Venice
12. What kind of mood does Tom think Marge is in?
13. Who does Tom say he was with on the 2nd of February in Rome?
(c) Mrs. Greenleaf
14. What does Tom cover Freddie's bloody head with?
(a) A scarf
(b) A hat
(c) A sweater
(d) A curtain
15. What does Tom hope Marge will forget?
(a) The cocktail party
(c) Her need for revenge
(d) Her purse
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the police say Freddie may have been killed by?
2. What language is Tom grateful that the detective cannot speak?
3. Which two months' checks do the banks think were forged?
4. Where does Tom rent a palazzo?
5. What does Tom buy at 8 am?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)