|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is William J. Slatterer's job?
2. What kind of boat did Tom work on?
(a) An Ocean liner
(b) A Ferry
(c) A Fishing boat
(d) A Banana boat
3. What does Tom visit in Rome?
4. Who is the card from?
(a) The Greenleafs
(c) The Junipers
5. Where does Tom tell Marge Dickie is staying?
6. What is the only reason Dickie thinks he would go home?
(a) If his father were ill
(b) If he wanted to marry
(c) If he ran out of money
(d) If his mother were ill
7. What kind of school does Paul teach music at?
(a) A public school
(b) A girl's school
(c) A special needs school
(d) A boy's school
8. Where does Tom have to take care of his passport business?
(a) Radio City
(b) NBC Studios
(c) TV City
9. What does Tom eat for his first course at the restaurant?
(b) Onion soup
(d) Tartar steak
10. Where does Tom ask Dickie if he wants to go in a coffin?
(b) New York
11. Where does Joel work?
(a) A bar
(b) A cafe
(c) A publishing house
(d) A newspaper
12. What color is the letterhead of Mr Greenleaf's letter?
13. What kind of firm does Tom say Rothenburg, Fleming and Barter's is?
14. What is a Hermes Baby?
(a) A car
(b) A pen
(c) A telephone
(d) A typewriter
15. What did Dickie send Marge from Paris?
(a) A silk blouse
(b) A cashmere sweater
Short Answer Questions
1. What city has Mr. Greenleaf gone to on business?
2. What kind of brandy does Dickie order?
3. When does Dickie say he will fly back home for a few days?
4. What item of Dickie's clothing does Tom wear?
5. What is Frieda Hoehn's job?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)