|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Tom say his cap could not make him look like?
(a) An American eccentric
(b) A Frenchman
(c) A thug
(d) A spoilt child
2. Who likes to stay at the Hassler?
(a) James Greensleeve
(b) Freddie Miles
(c) Johnny Burgos
3. What does Tom beat Dickie with?
(a) A beer bottle
(b) A club
(c) An oar
(d) His fists
4. What kind of meat does Dickie say he always used to eat on a Sunday?
5. Where is Tom sailing to?
6. What item of Dickie's clothing does Tom wear?
(a) His shoes
(b) His pants
(c) His jacket
(d) His hat
7. What nationality is the French girl's fiance?
8. What is the name of the place Tom sees the man coming out of?
(a) The Orange Bowl
(b) The Purple Curtain
(c) The Blue Fish
(d) The Green Cage
9. What is the name of the hotel Tom stays at?
10. What does Tom follow Dickie out of the bar like?
(a) A dog
(b) A snake
(c) A donkey
(d) A cat
11. Where does Joel work?
(a) A publishing house
(b) A newspaper
(c) A cafe
(d) A bar
12. What does Tom say he can fly?
(a) A commercial airplane
(b) A fighter jet
(c) A helicopter
(d) A glider
13. What language does Tom study?
14. Who does Tom meet on the bus?
15. Where does Tom's aunt live?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Tom first go to?
2. What Henry James book does Tom ask for?
3. How does Tom describe the color of his skin?
4. What kind of job does Tom say Dick would have to come back to?
5. Where does Tom ask Dickie if he wants to go in a coffin?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)