|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom follow Dickie out of the bar like?
(a) A snake
(b) A dog
(c) A donkey
(d) A cat
2. What is inside the basket on Tom's cabin floor?
3. What college did Tom first go to?
4. Where did Tom's parents drown?
(a) Boston Harbor
(b) The Atlantic
(c) New York Harbor
(d) Pearl Harbor
5. What kind of alcohol does Bob give Tom?
6. What color is Tom's stationery box?
7. What is the only reason Dickie thinks he would go home?
(a) If his father were ill
(b) If he ran out of money
(c) If he wanted to marry
(d) If his mother were ill
8. Where is Tom sailing to?
9. What is the name of Dickie's girlfriend?
10. What part of France does Tom say he would like to see?
11. Where does Tom ask Dickie if he wants to go in a coffin?
(c) New York
12. What is a Hermes Baby?
(a) A car
(b) A telephone
(c) A pen
(d) A typewriter
13. Which of the following does Tom say his cap could not make him look like?
(a) A spoilt child
(b) A Frenchman
(c) An American eccentric
(d) A thug
14. What does Tom say he can fly?
(a) A fighter jet
(b) A glider
(c) A commercial airplane
(d) A helicopter
15. What king of lighter does Tom have?
(a) A flaring lighter
(b) A plastic lighter
(c) A silver lighter
(d) A gold lighter
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar that Tom enters?
2. What does Tom give Bob for a present?
3. How does Tom describe the color of his skin?
4. What does Tom say is the first step to getting Dickie home?
5. What does Tom say his wine high could easily be corrected by?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)