|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Herbert's wife?
2. Where does Tom's aunt live?
(c) New York
(d) Los Angeles
3. What does Tom say he can fly?
(a) A fighter jet
(b) A commercial airplane
(c) A helicopter
(d) A glider
4. Where did Richard buy his black woolen socks?
(c) Brooks Brothers
(d) Arding and Hobbs
5. What is the name of the hotel Tom stays at in Rome?
(a) Hotel America
(b) Hotel Royal
(c) Hotel Branik
(d) Hotel Europa
6. What did Dickie's mother send for him?
(a) Eye drops
(c) Nose drops
7. Where is Tom originally from?
(a) Los Angeles
8. Where does Joel work?
(a) A publishing house
(b) A cafe
(c) A bar
(d) A newspaper
9. What is the only reason Dickie thinks he would go home?
(a) If he ran out of money
(b) If his father were ill
(c) If his mother were ill
(d) If he wanted to marry
10. What drink does Tom order at the bar?
(a) Coca cola
(c) Gin and tonic
11. What king of lighter does Tom have?
(a) A gold lighter
(b) A flaring lighter
(c) A plastic lighter
(d) A silver lighter
12. What part of France does Tom say he would like to see?
13. What kind of transport does Tom have to take to Mongibello?
14. Where is Tom sailing to?
15. What does Tom eat for his first course at the restaurant?
(a) Onion soup
(b) Tartar steak
Short Answer Questions
1. What color pants does Dickie wear?
2. What kind of lessons does Tom take from an old man in Rome?
3. Where did Tom's parents drown?
4. What kind of air does Tom think his cap gives him?
5. What does Marge want Dickie to get her from San Remo?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)