|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tamakazura over the years?
2. Why are Niou's visits to Nakanokimi infrequent?
3. What is Ukifune thinking about as she sits alone at the end of the novel?
4. Lady Ichijo gives Yugiri a gift that once belonged to _______.
5. How does Ukifune attempt suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Genji is a shameless womanizer throughout the bulk of the novel. What do you believe his actions toward women suggests about his character? Support your answers with specific references to and examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Tamakazura is left in the care of Genji even after finding the To no Chujo is her true father. Tamakazura becomes increasingly confused. Use examples from the text to support Tamakazura's feelings of confusion toward Genji and To no Chujo.
Essay Topic 3
Can you see a parallel between Niou and Kaoru with Genji and To no Chujo? Explain.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)