|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Suzaku Emporer's temple located?
2. Why are Niou's visits to Nakanokimi infrequent?
3. With Which woman does Yugiri attempt to have an affair?
4. To whom does the Suzaku Emporer send the Third Princess to in Chapter 34?
5. How does Ukifune attempt suicide?
Essay Topic 1
Ukifune successfully escapes the advances made by Kaoru. While other women in the novel were not able to escape the clutches of men. Why is Ukifune's escape significant? Do you find that it is significant? What might her escape suggest?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel Genji is depicted as a womanizer, but he also has a softer side. Locate the moments in the text where Genji's softer side can be seen and explain how it develops his character and your opinion of his character.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Genji fathers many sons. Write about Yugiri, and infer as to how Yugiri may feel about his father's unrelenting antics, and seemingly selfish attitude as he has expressed at certain points within the text.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)