Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Genji sleep with when visiting his former nurse?
2. How long does the debate last regarding Genji and To no Chujo's competition?
3. What would hold Genji back from traveling away from home?
4. Who is Genji's former nurse?
5. What news about Tamakazura arises once she is a grown woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kaoru find that Niou is having a secret relationship with Ukifune?
2. Describe the situation after Nakanokimi receives a letter from Ukifune.
3. What did the fortune teller predict for Genji?
4. Describe Genji's view on women.
5. Explain why Genji entertains the idea of moving to the Suma coast and also explain the factors that may be holding him back.
6. Why doesn't Genji want his son, Yugiri to advance in rank? What does Genji do?
7. How does Genji react when Fujitsubo rejects him for the final time?
8. How does Genji feel after the death of Kashiwagi?
9. Why does Genji want Tamakazura to be seen in the light of fireflies? Explain.
10. Explain Genji's death.
While on her death bed, Murasaki tells Genji about her wish to become a nun. Genji rejects her wish. Was this cruel of Genji why or why not? Is Genji selfish, an egotistical character? Explain.
After Genji's death, Kaoru becomes the main character of focus. How does Kaoru's character parallel Genji's character?
Throughout the novel To no Chujo is in constant competition with Genji. Analyze and describe the internal conflict that To no Chujo may be feeling. Be sure to cite specific instances from the novel to support your thesis.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)