|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Second Princess's honor ruined?
(a) She married a commoner.
(b) She has a child out of wedlock.
(c) With rumors.
(d) She has become permiscuous.
2. What is the wager between Kaoru and the Emporer?
(a) A position as Minister.
(b) Marriage to the Third Princess.
(c) A seat in the Emporer's court.
(d) The hand of the Second Princess.
3. Who does Niou send to Uji to ask about Ukifune's whereabouts?
(a) General Higekuro.
4. How does Ukifune realize that Kaoru is coming for her?
(a) She has a premonition.
(b) Other nuns have informed her.
(c) She sees him in the distance.
(d) She hears his voice.
5. Why does Genji want to visit the Akashi lady?
(a) She has become a great friend.
(b) He is leaving Murasaki.
(c) To see his daughter.
(d) To sleep with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Reizei Emperor abdicate the throne?
2. Where was Kaoru traveling when he hears of Ukifune's whereabouts?
3. What does Kaoru give to Oigimi in Chapter 47?
4. How does Kaoru find that Ukifune is alive?
5. By Chapter 52, Kaoru has almost given up on the idea of _____.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)