|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Genji prepare for his daughter's initiation?
(a) Collects literature.
(b) Sends her to school.
(c) Goes to the court.
(d) Has a mural constructed.
2. Which instrument does the Akashi lady play?
(a) The lute.
(b) The sitar.
(c) The shamisen.
(d) The flute.
3. What style does To no Chujo paint in?
4. How does Ukifune realize that Kaoru is coming for her?
(a) She has a premonition.
(b) She hears his voice.
(c) She sees him in the distance.
(d) Other nuns have informed her.
5. Why does the Reizei Emperor abdicate the throne?
(a) He is unhappy as emporer.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) He wishes to live a life of seclusion.
(d) He falls in love with a commoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which woman does Kaoru pass much of the night with in Chapter 49?
2. Who does Kaoru send into the nunnery to retrieve Ukifune?
3. What does Kaoru give to Oigimi in Chapter 47?
4. How does Genji die?
5. Ukifune travels to a secluded cottage, where is it located?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)