|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Niou learn about Ukifune?
(a) She has died.
(b) She has become a nun.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is very ill.
2. Why can't Kaoru marry Oigimi?
(a) Her father will not permit it.
(b) Nakanokimi must marry first.
(c) Kaoru is a priest.
(d) Oigimi hates Kaoru.
3. What happens to Tamakazura over the years?
(a) She becomes Empress.
(b) She becomes insane.
(c) She falls ill with grief.
(d) She grows very weary.
4. Why does the Reizei Emperor abdicate the throne?
(a) He is unhappy as emporer.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) He falls in love with a commoner.
(d) He wishes to live a life of seclusion.
5. Why does Genji want to visit the Akashi lady?
(a) To see his daughter.
(b) She has become a great friend.
(c) To sleep with her.
(d) He is leaving Murasaki.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Suzako Emporer intent on doing that lends him the reason to send the Third Princess away?
2. Which man matches Genji in skill and charm?
3. How does Genji prepare for his daughter's initiation?
4. Which character has an affair with the Third Princess?
5. Who does Kaoru send into the nunnery to retrieve Ukifune?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)