|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does To no Chujo send Kumoinokari?
(d) To Omi.
2. What does To no Chujo find frustrating about Kumoinokari?
(a) That she and him do not have a good relationship.
(b) That she is not the talk of the town.
(c) That she is in love with Yugiri.
(d) That she is not beautiful.
3. Who is Tayu?
(a) Genji's cousin.
(b) A distant relative.
(c) A daughter of Genji's former nurse.
(d) Genji's sister.
4. Whose sister is Oborozukiyo?
(d) To no Chujo's.
5. What is going on back in Genji's homeland during his time away?
(a) His homeland is flourishing.
(b) The weather is very good to farming.
(c) The Suzaku emporer dies.
(d) It is in a dismal state.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the debate last regarding Genji and To no Chujo's competition?
2. In which wing of the palace do Genji and Murasaki live?
3. What did Genji originally believe was the most desirable thing about the Rokujo Lady?
4. Where does the Rokujo lady feel the need to travel to during Chapter 10?
5. What do priests attempt to do to Aoi during her pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting between Yugiri and Kumoinokari after their six-year separation.
2. What happens to Murasaki in Chapter 35?
3. Why is it strange that Yugiri has tried to seduce the Second Princess?
4. Describe the situation between Genji and Utsusemi after her husband falls ill.
5. Why doesn't Genji want his son, Yugiri to advance in rank? What does Genji do?
6. How does Genji feel after the death of Kashiwagi?
7. What does Ukifune realize about Niou and Kaoru after living in the Ono village?
8. Describe the appearance of the Safflower Princess.
9. Why does Genji want the Akashi lady to move closer to him?
10. Why does Genji need to keep his romances under wraps after abdication of the first emperor, his father?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)