|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yugiri think about Tamakazura?
(a) That she is an evil woman.
(b) He is secretly in love with her.
(c) That she is Genji's daughter.
(d) That she is the daughter of To no Chujo.
2. Why do Genji and To no Chujo decide to compete against each other?
(a) The gain attention.
(b) To make money.
(c) In good fun.
(d) To seduce a woman.
3. Which character dresses up in a disguise in Chapter 7?
(b) The Emporer.
(c) To no Chujo.
4. Who is Genji's best friend?
(c) To no Chujo.
5. What happens to Yugao in Chapter 4?
(a) She moves away.
(b) She becomes very ill.
(c) She marries Genji.
(d) She dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do To no Chujo and Genji do as the tension in their relationship disappears?
2. Where does Genji sit to relax with Yugiri on a hot summer day?
3. What would hold Genji back from traveling away from home?
4. Genji is concerned about the illness of _______ , Tamakazura's grandmother.
5. What do priests attempt to do to Aoi during her pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Genji's view on women.
2. Explain the situation after the body of Ukifune was found.
3. What does Ukifune realize about Niou and Kaoru after living in the Ono village?
4. Why may it be problematic for Genji to take care of Tamakazura?
5. Why doesn't Genji want his son, Yugiri to advance in rank? What does Genji do?
6. Who won the art contest held between Genji and To no Chujo? What did the court favor about the winner's style?
7. Genji begins spending more time with the Akashi lady. How does Murasaki feel about this?
8. How does Genji react when Fujitsubo rejects him for the final time?
9. What did the fortune teller predict for Genji?
10. What does Genji discover through his relationship with Reikeiden?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)