|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Omiya tell Genji in Chapter 29?
(a) That she would like to meet Tamakazura.
(b) She feels that she may die.
(c) She asks Genji for a favor.
(d) That she wishes to go to court.
2. Who is Genji's best friend?
(a) To no Chujo.
3. Which lady does Genji begin spending time with in Chapter 11?
(b) Lady Akashi.
(c) The Rokujo Lady.
4. What hits Genji's palace in Rokujo?
(a) A storm.
(d) A plague.
5. After falling out of favor with the court where does Genji decide to go?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Genji tell the Safflower Princess when he goes to visit her after his exile?
2. Where does Genji send Yugiri in order to comfort his grandmother?
3. How does Genji try to seduce Princess Asagao?
4. Whose sister is Oborozukiyo?
5. Why is Genji forlorn in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Lieutenant change his mind about marrying Ukifune?
2. Describe Genji's view on women.
3. Why does Ukifune's mother refuse Kaoru's offer to marry her daughter?
4. How does Kaoru find that Niou is having a secret relationship with Ukifune?
5. Why does Kaoru begin to regret his refusal of Nakanokimi?
6. Why does To no Chujo send his daughter, Kumoinokari to Omi?
7. Why does Genji wish to keep secrets involving Yugao's death?
8. Describe the situation between Genji and Utsusemi after her husband falls ill.
9. Murasaki finally dies after four years of illness. What was her dying wish and how did Genji react to it?
10. What is the condition of the Safflower Princess at the beginning of Chapter 15?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)