|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Genji decide to travel home after living in exile?
(b) The Suzaku Emporer.
(c) A monk.
(d) A sage.
2. What does To no Chujo find frustrating about Kumoinokari?
(a) That she is not the talk of the town.
(b) That she is in love with Yugiri.
(c) That she is not beautiful.
(d) That she and him do not have a good relationship.
3. What happens to Genji's mother at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She gives Genji up.
(b) She falls ill and dies.
(c) She becomes a nun.
(d) She leaves Genji's father.
4. Who is Lady Rokujo's daughter?
5. What are Fujitsubo's intentions after her husband's death?
(a) To become a nun.
(b) To begin a relationship with Genji.
(c) To remarry.
(d) To commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would hold Genji back from traveling away from home?
2. What hits Genji's palace in Rokujo?
3. What is the Safflower Princesss's reaction to Genji upon his return from exile?
4. What striking feature has the Safflower Princess managed to keep over the years?
5. What does Yugiri think about Tamakazura?
Short Essay Questions
1. After seeing the Third Princess as a nun Genji's feelings toward her changes, how?
2. Explain the event that takes place between Genji and Naishi.
3. What is the condition of the Safflower Princess at the beginning of Chapter 15?
4. What really happened to Ukifune?
5. Why does the Lieutenant change his mind about marrying Ukifune?
6. What happens after Kaoru finds out that Ukifune is alive?
7. Who won the art contest held between Genji and To no Chujo? What did the court favor about the winner's style?
8. Why is Tamakazura reduced to tears at the sight of Kaoru?
9. How does Oigimi hurt Kaoru?
10. Why is Kashiwagi jealous of the marriage between Genji and the Third Princess?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)