|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Genji hurt during Chapter 9?
(a) Rokujo lady.
(b) Lady Akashi.
2. Genji is concerned about the illness of _______ , Tamakazura's grandmother.
(b) Princess Omiya.
(d) The Safflower Princess.
3. Where does Genji send Yugiri after rumors spread of his rank being raised?
(a) The University.
(b) To the court.
4. Who is Kobai?
(a) The minister of the right.
(b) To no Chujo's son.
(c) Genji's son.
(d) A friend of Genji's.
5. What does To no Chujo notice about Kumoinokari when he watches her sleep?
(a) How beautiful she is.
(b) How much like him she is.
(c) That she is a perfect match for Yugiri.
(d) How ugly she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Genji try to seduce Princess Asagao?
2. How long does the debate last regarding Genji and To no Chujo's competition?
3. Who is Tayu?
4. With whom does Genji sit on the royal outing?
5. After falling out of favor with the court where does Genji decide to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it strange that Yugiri has tried to seduce the Second Princess?
2. What did the fortune teller predict for Genji?
3. Describe the appearance of the Safflower Princess.
4. Genji comes into contact with his childhood friend Yugao. What happens to Yugao after she maintains contact with Genji? How does Genji deal with this event?
5. Why is Kashiwagi jealous of the marriage between Genji and the Third Princess?
6. Describe the meeting between Yugiri and Kumoinokari after their six-year separation.
7. Describe the predicament between Genji and Oborozukiyo.
8. Why does Kaoru pray to Buddha in Chapter 46? Explain.
9. How does Kaoru find that Niou is having a secret relationship with Ukifune?
10. Describe Genji's view on women.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)