|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Genji hurt during Chapter 9?
(a) Lady Akashi.
(d) Rokujo lady.
2. Which of the following is not a trait of the Safflower Princess?
(a) Beautiful eyes.
(b) Thin, misshapen body.
(c) Pretty hair.
(d) Red nose.
3. What does Murasaki compare Genji's behavior to since his visits to the Princess Asagao?
(b) Like a stranger.
(c) Very happy.
(d) More in love than ever.
4. How does the Akashi lady feel when she arrives at her new mansion?
(c) At home.
5. Genji is in love with a woman whom he cannot have during the beginning of the novel. Who is this woman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Genji forlorn in Chapter 6?
2. Late in Yugiri's walk around the Rokujo grounds he overhears ______.
3. Who is Omi?
4. What is the Safflower Princesss's reaction to Genji upon his return from exile?
5. What festival does Genji attend at the beginning of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does To no Chujo send his daughter, Kumoinokari to Omi?
2. What happens after Kaoru finds out that Ukifune is alive?
3. What really happened to Ukifune?
4. Describe the appearance of the Safflower Princess.
5. During Kaoru's meeting with the Emporer, what is the Go board used for?
6. What happens with Genji initially tries to seduce Princess Asagao?
7. Genji comes into contact with his childhood friend Yugao. What happens to Yugao after she maintains contact with Genji? How does Genji deal with this event?
8. Explain Genji's death.
9. How does Genji react when Fujitsubo rejects him for the final time?
10. What happens to Murasaki in Chapter 35?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)