|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does To no Chujo send Kumoinokari?
(c) To Omi.
2. How does Murasaki return the Empress Akikonomu's kind gesture in Chapter 24?
(b) Sending an invitation to view her spring garden.
(c) An Invitation to tea.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
3. What does the Empress Akikonomu send to Murasaki?
(a) Autumn leaves and flowers.
(d) An invitation.
4. What talent does Genji have?
5. Who is Genji's go-between for he and the Safflower Princess?
(c) To no Chujo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yugiri think about Tamakazura?
2. Which attendant stays faithful to the Safflower princess?
3. Who attempts to arrange a meeting between Genji and Utsusemi?
4. Late in Yugiri's walk around the Rokujo grounds he overhears ______.
5. Which instrument does Genji play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the predicament between Genji and Oborozukiyo.
2. Describe the "masterpieces" Genji works on in Chapter 32.
3. What is the condition of the Safflower Princess at the beginning of Chapter 15?
4. Why does Ukifune's mother refuse Kaoru's offer to marry her daughter?
5. During Kaoru's meeting with the Emporer, what is the Go board used for?
6. Genji begins spending more time with the Akashi lady. How does Murasaki feel about this?
7. Describe the situation between Genji and Utsusemi after her husband falls ill.
8. Explain why Genji entertains the idea of moving to the Suma coast and also explain the factors that may be holding him back.
9. What happens after Kaoru finds out that Ukifune is alive?
10. After seeing the Third Princess as a nun Genji's feelings toward her changes, how?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)