|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Akashi lady's mansion located?
2. What does Genji think about Tamakazura's going to court?
(a) It is the perfect time.
(b) It may be too soon.
(c) She may not be right for court.
(d) She should have gone years ago.
3. Which lady does Genji begin spending time with in Chapter 11?
(a) The Rokujo Lady.
(c) Lady Akashi.
4. Which instrument does Genji play?
(a) The koto.
(b) The sitar.
(c) The kalimba.
(d) The shamisen.
5. Who is Akikonomu?
(a) The Lady of the Lemon Tree.
(b) The Lady of the Orange Blossoms.
(c) The Lady of the Cherry Blossoms.
(d) The Lady of the Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Omiya tell Genji in Chapter 29?
2. Genji is concerned about the illness of _______ , Tamakazura's grandmother.
3. Who does Genji fail to support during his exile?
4. From whose point of view is Chapter 15 written?
5. Who is Genji's former nurse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Genji want Tamakazura to be seen in the light of fireflies? Explain.
2. What really happened to Ukifune?
3. Why does Genji want the Akashi lady to move closer to him?
4. How does Kaoru find that Niou is having a secret relationship with Ukifune?
5. Who does Genji see when he visits the sage in the mountain? What is his reaction?
6. It is discovered that Yugiri has never laid eyes upon Murasaki, the woman who acts as his mother. Why does Genji wish to keep her hidden?
7. Genji begins spending more time with the Akashi lady. How does Murasaki feel about this?
8. What does Niou learn about Ukifune that leads him to be distraught? Explain.
9. Why is Tamakazura to be under Genji's care, rather than To no Chujo?
10. What about Kaoru's manner makes the women want to joke with him?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)