|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the ministers go for their royal outing?
2. What does Genji think about Tamakazura's going to court?
(a) It is the perfect time.
(b) She should have gone years ago.
(c) It may be too soon.
(d) She may not be right for court.
3. With whom does Genji decide to travel home after living in exile?
(a) The Suzaku Emporer.
(b) A sage.
(c) A monk.
4. What does the Empress Akikonomu send to Murasaki?
(b) Autumn leaves and flowers.
(d) An invitation.
5. Late in Yugiri's walk around the Rokujo grounds he overhears ______.
(a) Genji's announcement that he is leaving Murasaki.
(b) Kumoinokari sleeping with another.
(c) Genji is weeping.
(d) Genji's attempt to seduce Tamakazura.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yugiri think about Tamakazura?
2. What does Genji tell the Safflower Princess when he goes to visit her after his exile?
3. With whom does Genji sit on the royal outing?
4. Who does Genji send over to the grounds of the Safflower Princess in Chapter 15?
5. What does Genji's father do to protect him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the condition of the Safflower Princess at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. How does Genji rationalize the storm in Chapter 13?
3. Why is it strange that Yugiri has tried to seduce the Second Princess?
4. Who does Genji see when he visits the sage in the mountain? What is his reaction?
5. What happens to Genji as he continues to grow old?
6. Why does Genji treat the Third Princess coldly after she gives birth to a son?
7. Describe the predicament between Genji and Oborozukiyo.
8. What did the fortune teller predict for Genji?
9. What happens after Kaoru finds out that Ukifune is alive?
10. What happens with Genji initially tries to seduce Princess Asagao?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)