|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kobai?
(a) To no Chujo's son.
(b) The minister of the right.
(c) Genji's son.
(d) A friend of Genji's.
2. What happens in Chapter 13 that causes Genji to reevaluate his past?
(a) Death of a friend.
(c) A storm.
(d) An invasion.
3. What types of gifts does Murasaki send to Genji?
4. Genji sleeps with this woman who is in her sixties.
5. What hits Genji's palace in Rokujo?
(b) A plague.
(d) A storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Empress Akikonomu send to Murasaki?
2. Where do the ministers go for their royal outing?
3. What striking feature has the Safflower Princess managed to keep over the years?
4. What does Genji's father do to protect him?
5. With whom does Genji decide to travel home after living in exile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Genji decide to tell To no Chujo about Tamakazura? Why?
2. Why may it be problematic for Genji to take care of Tamakazura?
3. What is the condition of the Safflower Princess at the beginning of Chapter 15?
4. What does Ukifune realize about Niou and Kaoru after living in the Ono village?
5. What does Genji discover through his relationship with Reikeiden?
6. Why does Genji want the Akashi lady to move closer to him?
7. During Kaoru's meeting with the Emporer, what is the Go board used for?
8. Who is Utsusemi and how does Genji first come into contact with her?
9. Describe the situation after Nakanokimi receives a letter from Ukifune.
10. How does Genji rationalize the storm in Chapter 13?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)