|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Genji's best friend?
(a) To no Chujo.
2. What is believed to be the cause of the situation in Genji's homeland since he has left home in Chapter 13?
(a) The alignment of the planets.
(b) The weather.
(c) Genji's exile.
(d) Moon and star formations.
3. What word would must accurately describe Genji?
4. Where does Genji send Yugiri after rumors spread of his rank being raised?
(c) The University.
(d) To the court.
5. What news about Tamakazura arises once she is a grown woman?
(a) She is permiscuous.
(b) She is looking for a husband.
(c) She is very beautiful.
(d) She is dating Genji.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Genji originally believe was the most desirable thing about the Rokujo Lady?
2. What does the Empress Akikonomu send to Murasaki?
3. Where does the Rokujo lady feel the need to travel to during Chapter 10?
4. What does Genji notice about the Safflower Princess during a visit in Chapter 23?
5. What does Genji avoid doing at the start of the rule of the Suzaku emperor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Genji decide to tell To no Chujo about Tamakazura? Why?
2. Genji begins spending more time with the Akashi lady. How does Murasaki feel about this?
3. Why does Kaoru pray to Buddha in Chapter 46? Explain.
4. Why has the Eighth Prince renounced the world?
5. Describe Genji's view on women.
6. Who won the art contest held between Genji and To no Chujo? What did the court favor about the winner's style?
7. It is discovered that Yugiri has never laid eyes upon Murasaki, the woman who acts as his mother. Why does Genji wish to keep her hidden?
8. Why does Ukifune's mother refuse Kaoru's offer to marry her daughter?
9. What about Kaoru's manner makes the women want to joke with him?
10. Who is Utsusemi and how does Genji first come into contact with her?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)