|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Genji fail to support during his exile?
(a) The Akashi Lady.
(c) The Safflower Princess.
(d) Lady Rokujo.
2. What does To no Chujo notice about Kumoinokari when he watches her sleep?
(a) How much like him she is.
(b) How ugly she is.
(c) That she is a perfect match for Yugiri.
(d) How beautiful she is.
3. Who does Genji sleep with when visiting his former nurse?
(b) Rokujo Lady.
(d) Akashi Lady.
4. What would hold Genji back from traveling away from home?
(a) Rokujo Lady.
(b) His career.
(c) His son.
5. Who is Lady Rokujo's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Late in Yugiri's walk around the Rokujo grounds he overhears ______.
2. Which attendant stays faithful to the Safflower princess?
3. What does Genji's father do to protect him?
4. What talent does Genji have?
5. Where does the Princess Asagao live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes General Higekuro to look toward Tamakazura as a wife?
2. Genji comes into contact with his childhood friend Yugao. What happens to Yugao after she maintains contact with Genji? How does Genji deal with this event?
3. What does Genji decide to tell To no Chujo about Tamakazura? Why?
4. What does Genji discover through his relationship with Reikeiden?
5. How does Genji react when Fujitsubo rejects him for the final time?
6. Why is Tamakazura reduced to tears at the sight of Kaoru?
7. What happens to Genji as he continues to grow old?
8. What is the condition of the Safflower Princess at the beginning of Chapter 15?
9. Describe the appearance of the Safflower Princess.
10. Describe Genji's view on women.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)