|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Genji sleep with when visiting his former nurse?
(b) Rokujo Lady.
(d) Akashi Lady.
2. How long does the debate last regarding Genji and To no Chujo's competition?
(b) Several days.
(d) Several hours.
3. What would hold Genji back from traveling away from home?
(b) His son.
(c) His career.
(d) Rokujo Lady.
4. Who is Genji's former nurse?
5. What news about Tamakazura arises once she is a grown woman?
(a) She is looking for a husband.
(b) She is dating Genji.
(c) She is very beautiful.
(d) She is permiscuous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Rokujo lady feel the need to travel to during Chapter 10?
2. Which attendant stays faithful to the Safflower princess?
3. Of what is the Suzaku Emperor fond?
4. With whom does Genji decide to travel home after living in exile?
5. What happens in Chapter 13 that causes Genji to reevaluate his past?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kaoru find that Niou is having a secret relationship with Ukifune?
2. Describe the situation after Nakanokimi receives a letter from Ukifune.
3. What did the fortune teller predict for Genji?
4. Describe Genji's view on women.
5. Explain why Genji entertains the idea of moving to the Suma coast and also explain the factors that may be holding him back.
6. Why doesn't Genji want his son, Yugiri to advance in rank? What does Genji do?
7. How does Genji react when Fujitsubo rejects him for the final time?
8. How does Genji feel after the death of Kashiwagi?
9. Why does Genji want Tamakazura to be seen in the light of fireflies? Explain.
10. Explain Genji's death.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)