|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Genji send over to the grounds of the Safflower Princess in Chapter 15?
2. With whom does Genji decide to travel home after living in exile?
(a) The Suzaku Emporer.
(b) A monk.
(d) A sage.
3. Why do Genji and To no Chujo decide to compete against each other?
(a) To seduce a woman.
(b) To make money.
(c) The gain attention.
(d) In good fun.
4. Which lady does Genji begin spending time with in Chapter 11?
(a) Lady Akashi.
(c) The Rokujo Lady.
5. In which wing of the palace do Genji and Murasaki live?
(a) The South Wing.
(b) The Southeast Quarter.
(c) The West Wing.
(d) The Northeast Quarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What or who does Genji dream about in Chapter 13?
2. Where does To no Chujo send Kumoinokari?
3. What happens in Chapter 13 that causes Genji to reevaluate his past?
4. How does Murasaki return the Empress Akikonomu's kind gesture in Chapter 24?
5. Who is angy about Genji's visits to Princess Asagao?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Genji want the Akashi lady to move closer to him?
2. What happens to Murasaki in Chapter 35?
3. Explain the event that takes place between Genji and Naishi.
4. Explain the situation after the body of Ukifune was found.
5. Genji begins spending more time with the Akashi lady. How does Murasaki feel about this?
6. Why does Genji wish to keep secrets involving Yugao's death?
7. Why is Kashiwagi jealous of the marriage between Genji and the Third Princess?
8. What does Genji decide to tell To no Chujo about Tamakazura? Why?
9. What has become of the Safflower Princess since Genji's exile? Explain.
10. What is the condition of the Safflower Princess at the beginning of Chapter 15?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)