|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is the Suzaku Emperor fond?
(b) Harp music.
(c) The koto.
2. How does the Akashi lady feel when she arrives at her new mansion?
(d) At home.
3. Where does To no Chujo send Kumoinokari?
(a) To Omi.
4. Who is Kobai?
(a) Genji's son.
(b) The minister of the right.
(c) A friend of Genji's.
(d) To no Chujo's son.
5. Who does Genji send over to the grounds of the Safflower Princess in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Genji's father do to protect him?
2. Where does the Rokujo lady feel the need to travel to during Chapter 10?
3. Late in Yugiri's walk around the Rokujo grounds he overhears ______.
4. How long does the debate last regarding Genji and To no Chujo's competition?
5. What does To no Chujo find frustrating about Kumoinokari?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Genji see when he visits the sage in the mountain? What is his reaction?
2. Why does Kaoru pray to Buddha in Chapter 46? Explain.
3. What does Ukifune realize about Niou and Kaoru after living in the Ono village?
4. Who is Utsusemi and how does Genji first come into contact with her?
5. Describe the appearance of the Safflower Princess.
6. Explain why Genji entertains the idea of moving to the Suma coast and also explain the factors that may be holding him back.
7. Describe the situation between Genji and Utsusemi after her husband falls ill.
8. Why does Genji treat the Third Princess coldly after she gives birth to a son?
9. Why is it strange that Yugiri has tried to seduce the Second Princess?
10. How does Genji react when Fujitsubo rejects him for the final time?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)