|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the crown prince after the Suzaku emperor's abdication?
(a) To no Chujo.
(b) To no Chujo's son.
(c) Genji's son.
(d) Genji's brother.
2. What is believed to be the cause of the situation in Genji's homeland since he has left home in Chapter 13?
(a) The alignment of the planets.
(b) Genji's exile.
(c) The weather.
(d) Moon and star formations.
3. Who does Genji send over to the grounds of the Safflower Princess in Chapter 15?
4. Genji is concerned about the illness of _______ , Tamakazura's grandmother.
(b) The Safflower Princess.
(d) Princess Omiya.
5. Which instrument does Genji play?
(a) The koto.
(b) The shamisen.
(c) The kalimba.
(d) The sitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Genji fail to support during his exile?
2. Which character dresses up in a disguise in Chapter 7?
3. What happens to Aoi shortly after she gives birth to her son?
4. What news about Tamakazura arises once she is a grown woman?
5. What festival does Genji attend at the beginning of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Niou learn about Ukifune that leads him to be distraught? Explain.
2. Describe the predicament between Genji and Oborozukiyo.
3. Who won the art contest held between Genji and To no Chujo? What did the court favor about the winner's style?
4. What happens after Kaoru finds out that Ukifune is alive?
5. What did the fortune teller predict for Genji?
6. Why doesn't Genji want his son, Yugiri to advance in rank? What does Genji do?
7. Why is Tamakazura reduced to tears at the sight of Kaoru?
8. Explain the situation after the body of Ukifune was found.
9. How was Ukifune's death described?
10. How does Kaoru find that Niou is having a secret relationship with Ukifune?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)