|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a trait of the Safflower Princess?
(a) Pretty hair.
(b) Thin, misshapen body.
(c) Beautiful eyes.
(d) Red nose.
2. Where does Genji send Yugiri after rumors spread of his rank being raised?
(a) The University.
(b) To the court.
3. What does the Empress Akikonomu send to Murasaki?
(b) Autumn leaves and flowers.
(c) An invitation.
4. What festival does Genji attend at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) The Safflowers.
(b) The Festival of Lights.
(c) The Orange Blossoms.
(d) The Cherry Blossoms.
5. What happens in Chapter 13 that causes Genji to reevaluate his past?
(a) An invasion.
(c) A storm.
(d) Death of a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Omiya tell Genji in Chapter 29?
2. Why does Princess Asagao turn Genji down?
3. What does Yugiri think about Tamakazura?
4. In which wing of the palace do Genji and Murasaki live?
5. With whom does Genji decide to travel home after living in exile?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting between Yugiri and Kumoinokari after their six-year separation.
2. What is the condition of the Safflower Princess at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. Why does Genji treat the Third Princess coldly after she gives birth to a son?
4. Explain the situation after the body of Ukifune was found.
5. How does Oigimi hurt Kaoru?
6. How does Genji react when Fujitsubo rejects him for the final time?
7. What does Genji decide to tell To no Chujo about Tamakazura? Why?
8. What happens with Genji initially tries to seduce Princess Asagao?
9. What are Oigimi's reasons for not wanting to marry Kaoru?
10. What causes General Higekuro to look toward Tamakazura as a wife?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)