|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose sister is Oborozukiyo?
(b) To no Chujo's.
2. What does Yugiri happen to hear while walking through the garden?
(a) His father playing the shamisen.
(b) Murasaki crying.
(c) Kumoinokari singing.
(d) Genji and Murasaki's pillow talk.
3. What would hold Genji back from traveling away from home?
(a) His son.
(b) His career.
(d) Rokujo Lady.
4. After falling out of favor with the court where does Genji decide to go?
5. Where does Genji send Yugiri after rumors spread of his rank being raised?
(b) The University.
(d) To the court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Empress Akikonomu send to Murasaki?
2. Why does Genji's father marry Fujitsubo?
3. Where does the Rokujo lady feel the need to travel to during Chapter 10?
4. Which lady does Genji begin spending time with in Chapter 11?
5. What does Genji notice about the Safflower Princess during a visit in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Ukifune's death described?
2. Describe the situation after Nakanokimi receives a letter from Ukifune.
3. Why is Tamakazura reduced to tears at the sight of Kaoru?
4. What happens to Murasaki in Chapter 35?
5. Why does Genji want the Akashi lady to move closer to him?
6. Explain the event that takes place between Genji and Naishi.
7. What happens with Genji initially tries to seduce Princess Asagao?
8. Why does Genji treat the Third Princess coldly after she gives birth to a son?
9. How does Genji react when Fujitsubo rejects him for the final time?
10. What is the condition of the Safflower Princess at the beginning of Chapter 15?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)