|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Rokujo lady feel the need to travel to during Chapter 10?
2. What does Genji send to the Safflower Princess after his visit in Chapter 23?
3. What does Genji do while he is visiting the Safflower Princess?
(a) Hold her close.
(b) Look at her through a blurred curtain.
(c) Look at her with loving eyes.
(d) Stare at her intensly.
4. What word would must accurately describe Genji?
5. What do To no Chujo and Genji do as the tension in their relationship disappears?
(a) Think back on their time together.
(c) Shake hands.
(d) Laugh and weep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What talent does Genji have?
2. What or who does Genji dream about in Chapter 13?
3. How long does the debate last regarding Genji and To no Chujo's competition?
4. Late in Yugiri's walk around the Rokujo grounds he overhears ______.
5. Genji sleeps with this woman who is in her sixties.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Genji as he continues to grow old?
2. What about Kaoru's manner makes the women want to joke with him?
3. Why is Tamakazura to be under Genji's care, rather than To no Chujo?
4. Describe the appearance of the Safflower Princess.
5. Why may it be problematic for Genji to take care of Tamakazura?
6. Explain Genji's death.
7. How was Ukifune's death described?
8. What are Oigimi's reasons for not wanting to marry Kaoru?
9. What does Genji discover through his relationship with Reikeiden?
10. Why does Genji treat the Third Princess coldly after she gives birth to a son?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)