|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Niou's visits to Nakanokimi infrequent?
(a) It is difficult to travel to Nakanokimi.
(b) Nakanokimi does not want to see Niou anymore.
(c) He does not love Nakanokimi anymore.
(d) He has another wife.
2. In which season does Ukifune regain her health and strength?
3. How many children does Genji have?
4. At what point does Genji realize that he wants to be with the Third Princess very badly?
(a) After she remarries.
(b) After she is inaccessable.
(c) During her pregnancy.
(d) During the time that he gives her lessons.
5. Who tries to woo Ukifune in Chapter 53?
(a) A general.
(b) The bishop.
(c) A guard captain.
(d) A lieutenant.
6. What type of competitions are held at Genji's banquet?
(a) Archery and Equestrian.
(b) Chess and poise.
(c) Competitions of the mind.
(d) Artistic and Musical.
7. Where in Japan does the bulk of the story take place?
8. Why does Genji want to visit the Akashi lady?
(a) To sleep with her.
(b) He is leaving Murasaki.
(c) To see his daughter.
(d) She has become a great friend.
9. Why does the Reizei Emperor abdicate the throne?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) He falls in love with a commoner.
(c) He is unhappy as emporer.
(d) He wishes to live a life of seclusion.
10. Where do Kaoru and Niou go on their pilgrimage?
11. Who does Tamakazura marry?
(b) General Higekuro.
(c) Prince Reizei.
12. What does Kaoru give to Oigimi in Chapter 47?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A lute.
(c) Love poems.
(d) An engagement ring.
13. Where was Kaoru traveling when he hears of Ukifune's whereabouts?
(a) Mt. Hiei.
(b) The Ono Village.
14. Who does Kaoru send into the nunnery to retrieve Ukifune?
(a) Her brother.
(b) The bishop.
(d) People with torches.
15. Who does Kaoru immediately fall in love with while in Uji?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Ichijo give to Yugiri?
2. Whom does Niou receive an angry message from in Chapter 51?
3. At the beginning of the New Year, Nakanokimi receives a letter from ______.
4. Which man matches Genji in skill and charm?
5. How is the Second Princess's honor ruined?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)