|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Ichijo gives Yugiri a gift that once belonged to _______.
(a) The Reizei Emporer.
(c) The Second Princess.
2. Where is the Suzaku Emporer's temple located?
(a) The West Mountain.
(b) In the Byodin valley.
(c) The East Mountain.
(d) Along the coast.
3. What type of lessons does Genji give to the Third Princess?
(b) Verbal skills.
(c) Poise and posture.
4. Who is Rokunokimi?
(a) The 1st wife of Yugiri.
(b) The 6th daughter of Genji.
(c) The 6th daughter of Yugiri.
(d) Kaoru's wife.
5. What style does Genji paint in?
6. How does Genji spend the final years of his life?
(a) With his family.
(b) In seclusion.
(c) As Emporer.
(d) Still up to the same antics.
7. What does Genji begin to realize in Chapter 37?
(a) He loves Kaoru.
(b) That he feels younger than ever.
(c) That he is getting old.
(d) He has been very depressed.
8. What scares Niou off when he visits the Uji palace?
(a) A cross on the building.
(c) A tiger.
9. How does Ukifune realize that Kaoru is coming for her?
(a) She has a premonition.
(b) Other nuns have informed her.
(c) She sees him in the distance.
(d) She hears his voice.
10. What does Yugiri eventually convince the Second Princess to do?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Leave her husband.
(c) To join a convent.
(d) Run away with him to the Suma coast.
11. How does Genji die?
(a) Old age.
(b) A dueling accident.
(c) Not specified.
12. Who tries to woo Ukifune in Chapter 53?
(a) The bishop.
(b) A general.
(c) A guard captain.
(d) A lieutenant.
13. Why does the Reizei Emperor abdicate the throne?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) He is unhappy as emporer.
(c) He wishes to live a life of seclusion.
(d) He falls in love with a commoner.
14. Who does Kaoru immediately fall in love with while in Uji?
15. What is dumped on Higekuro's head after his wife hears news of his marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kaoru find that Ukifune is alive?
2. Why are Niou's visits to Nakanokimi infrequent?
3. Where is Nakanokimi's home?
4. At which mansion does Nakanokimi live?
5. What does the Emperor pull up when making a wager with Kaoru?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)