|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which man dies of grief over the Third Princess?
(d) To no Chujo.
2. What eventually happens to Ukifune?
(a) She marries Kaoru.
(b) She becomes a prostitute.
(c) She becomes a nun.
(d) She dies.
3. Whom does Niou marry?
4. What is Ukifune thinking about as she sits alone at the end of the novel?
(a) She believes that she made a mistake.
(b) Her time with Niou.
(c) How she does not want to be a nun any longer.
(d) She believes that she should seek out Kaoru.
5. Where is Nakanokimi's home?
6. What does Kaoru give to Oigimi in Chapter 47?
(a) Love poems.
(b) A lute.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A love letter.
7. Why can't Kaoru marry Oigimi?
(a) Kaoru is a priest.
(b) Nakanokimi must marry first.
(c) Her father will not permit it.
(d) Oigimi hates Kaoru.
8. What does Niou send to the women in mourning in Uji?
(a) A letter of condolence.
(c) Silks and furs.
(d) A love letter.
9. Whom does Niou receive an angry message from in Chapter 51?
10. What does Genji begin to realize in Chapter 37?
(a) That he feels younger than ever.
(b) That he is getting old.
(c) He loves Kaoru.
(d) He has been very depressed.
11. In which season does Ukifune regain her health and strength?
12. Which of the following is able to have almost any woman he wants?
13. Who is the daughter of Lady Ichijo?
(a) The Second Princess.
(d) The Third Princess.
14. Who does Niou send to Uji to ask about Ukifune's whereabouts?
(b) General Higekuro.
15. Where does the Second Princess hide to escape Yugiri's advances?
(a) A closet.
(b) The botanical gardens.
(c) In the commons room.
(d) Her mother's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. By Chapter 52, Kaoru has almost given up on the idea of _____.
2. What does Yugiri eventually convince the Second Princess to do?
3. Where does Nakanokimi hide Ukifune in Chapter 50?
4. What happens to Tamakazura over the years?
5. What does Kaoru fear toward the end of the novel?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)