|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is dumped on Higekuro's head after his wife hears news of his marriage?
2. Who does Kaoru send into the nunnery to retrieve Ukifune?
(a) Her brother.
(c) The bishop.
(d) People with torches.
3. By Chapter 52, Kaoru has almost given up on the idea of _____.
4. In whose temple does Kaoru pray while on his pilgrimage?
(a) The Eighth Prince.
(b) Prince Higekuro.
(c) The Reizei Emporer.
(d) The Ninth Prince.
5. Of whom does Kaoru become jealous?
6. Who is extremely hurt by Yugiri's affair?
(c) The Second Princess.
7. How many years have passed at the time when Genji's death is discovered by the reader?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 24 years.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 2 years.
8. Who is named corwn prince after the Reizei Emporer's abdication?
(a) The nephew of the Akashi lady.
(b) Genji's son.
(c) The grandson of the Akashi lady.
(d) The Akashi lady's son.
9. Who is Chujounokimi?
(a) Kaoru's love interest.
(b) Nakanokimi's mother.
(c) Ukifune's mother.
(d) Niou's new love interest.
10. Which person is used to resolve the conflict between To no Chujo and Genji?
11. In which season does Ukifune regain her health and strength?
12. What does Lady Ichijo give to Yugiri?
(a) A tiny idol.
(b) A harp.
(c) A harmonica.
(d) A flute.
13. Whom does Niou receive an angry message from in Chapter 51?
14. At which mansion does Nakanokimi live?
15. What is the wager between Kaoru and the Emporer?
(a) The hand of the Second Princess.
(b) A position as Minister.
(c) A seat in the Emporer's court.
(d) Marriage to the Third Princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Second Princess hide to escape Yugiri's advances?
2. How old is Genji when he marries the Third Princess?
3. What is Ukifune believed to be when she is found by the river?
4. Why are Niou's visits to Nakanokimi infrequent?
5. What type of competitions are held at Genji's banquet?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)