|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is extremely hurt by Yugiri's affair?
(c) The Second Princess.
2. Which man matches Genji in skill and charm?
(a) To no Chujo.
3. What does Niou send to the women in mourning in Uji?
(b) A love letter.
(c) A letter of condolence.
(d) Silks and furs.
4. What is Ukifune believed to be when she is found by the river?
(a) A fox.
(b) A lioness.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A devil.
5. What does Genji begin to realize in Chapter 37?
(a) He loves Kaoru.
(b) That he is getting old.
(c) He has been very depressed.
(d) That he feels younger than ever.
6. By Chapter 52, Kaoru has almost given up on the idea of _____.
7. Where is Nakanokimi's home?
8. What is Ukifune doing when she realizes that Kaoru is coming for her?
(a) Watching fireflies.
(b) Praying in the temple.
(c) Picking flowers in the garden.
9. What eventually happens to Ukifune?
(a) She dies.
(b) She becomes a nun.
(c) She becomes a prostitute.
(d) She marries Kaoru.
10. Which room in given to the Lieutenant?
(a) The governor's room.
(b) The commons room.
(c) Ukifune's room.
(d) The west room.
11. Where does Nakanokimi hide Ukifune in Chapter 50?
(a) With Chujounokimi.
(b) A palace in Sanjo.
(c) Niou's house.
(d) A cottage in Sanjo.
12. Who does Niou send to Uji to ask about Ukifune's whereabouts?
(b) General Higekuro.
13. What type of skill does Ukifune possess?
(d) Playing the koto.
14. Where does Ukifune end up at the end of the novel?
(c) The Ono Village.
15. Lady Ichijo gives Yugiri a gift that once belonged to _______.
(a) The Second Princess.
(b) The Reizei Emporer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which instrument does the Akashi lady play?
2. To whom does the Suzaku Emporer send the Third Princess to in Chapter 34?
3. What is the wager between Kaoru and the Emporer?
4. What style does To no Chujo paint in?
5. Who does Genji trust to be with him in his preparation for his daughter's initiation?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)