|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which season does Ukifune regain her health and strength?
2. In whose temple does Kaoru pray while on his pilgrimage?
(a) Prince Higekuro.
(b) The Reizei Emporer.
(c) The Ninth Prince.
(d) The Eighth Prince.
3. What scares Niou off when he visits the Uji palace?
(c) A cross on the building.
(d) A tiger.
4. What is the wager between Kaoru and the Emporer?
(a) The hand of the Second Princess.
(b) A seat in the Emporer's court.
(c) Marriage to the Third Princess.
(d) A position as Minister.
5. Why can't Kaoru marry Oigimi?
(a) Her father will not permit it.
(b) Kaoru is a priest.
(c) Nakanokimi must marry first.
(d) Oigimi hates Kaoru.
6. What was Ukifune leaning against when first found near the Uji river?
(a) A tree root.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A large rock.
(d) A tall fern.
7. What is dumped on Higekuro's head after his wife hears news of his marriage?
8. Where is Nakanokimi's home?
9. To whom does the Suzaku Emporer send the Third Princess to in Chapter 34?
(a) To no Chujo.
(b) The Reizei emporer.
10. Whom did Chujounokimi immediately admire?
(b) The Governor.
(d) The Lieutenant.
11. Who is the Third Princess the niece of?
(b) The Akashi lady.
12. What style does Genji paint in?
13. How does Ukifune realize that Kaoru is coming for her?
(a) Other nuns have informed her.
(b) She hears his voice.
(c) She sees him in the distance.
(d) She has a premonition.
14. How does Kaoru find that Ukifune is alive?
(a) From the Yokawa bishop.
(b) From Niou.
(c) From Nakanokimi.
(d) From Chujounokimi.
15. Which of the following is able to have almost any woman he wants?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Genji want to visit the Akashi lady?
2. Which man dies of grief over the Third Princess?
3. How old is Genji when he marries the Third Princess?
4. Which room in given to the Lieutenant?
5. Who does Niou send to Uji to ask about Ukifune's whereabouts?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)