|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the wager between Kaoru and the Emporer?
(a) A seat in the Emporer's court.
(b) Marriage to the Third Princess.
(c) A position as Minister.
(d) The hand of the Second Princess.
2. Where does the Second Princess join Lady Ichijo during an expedition?
(b) Ono Village.
(c) Omi Village.
3. Which room in given to the Lieutenant?
(a) The commons room.
(b) Ukifune's room.
(c) The governor's room.
(d) The west room.
4. What type of lessons does Genji give to the Third Princess?
(c) Poise and posture.
(d) Verbal skills.
5. Whom does Niou marry?
6. What is the Suzako Emporer intent on doing that lends him the reason to send the Third Princess away?
(a) Secluding himself in Suma.
(b) Taking holy orders.
(c) Writing a great masterpiece.
7. Which man has reservations about attending Genji's banquet?
(a) To no Chujo.
(d) General Higekuro.
8. Why does Genji want to visit the Akashi lady?
(a) To see his daughter.
(b) To sleep with her.
(c) She has become a great friend.
(d) He is leaving Murasaki.
9. Whom does Niou receive an angry message from in Chapter 51?
10. What style does Genji paint in?
11. To whom does the Suzaku Emporer send the Third Princess to in Chapter 34?
(b) The Reizei emporer.
(d) To no Chujo.
12. At what point does Genji realize that he wants to be with the Third Princess very badly?
(a) After she remarries.
(b) After she is inaccessable.
(c) During her pregnancy.
(d) During the time that he gives her lessons.
13. What is Ukifune's first impression of Niou.?
(a) She is horrified.
(b) Great admiration.
(c) Love at first sight.
(d) She is in awe.
14. Where was Kaoru traveling when he hears of Ukifune's whereabouts?
(b) Mt. Hiei.
(c) The Ono Village.
15. What does Genji begin to realize in Chapter 37?
(a) That he is getting old.
(b) That he feels younger than ever.
(c) He has been very depressed.
(d) He loves Kaoru.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Genji's opinion of the Third Princess?
2. How does Genji prepare for his daughter's initiation?
3. Who is Rokunokimi?
4. Why can't Kaoru marry Oigimi?
5. Which man dies of grief over the Third Princess?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)