|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Second Princess join Lady Ichijo during an expedition?
(c) Omi Village.
(d) Ono Village.
2. Whom does Niou marry?
3. What does Niou learn about Ukifune?
(a) She is married.
(b) She has become a nun.
(c) She is very ill.
(d) She has died.
4. Why does Genji want to visit the Akashi lady?
(a) To see his daughter.
(b) He is leaving Murasaki.
(c) To sleep with her.
(d) She has become a great friend.
5. What does Kaoru give to Oigimi in Chapter 47?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) Love poems.
(c) A lute.
(d) A love letter.
6. How many years have passed at the time when Genji's death is discovered by the reader?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 24 years.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 years.
7. Who does Tamakazura marry?
(b) Prince Reizei.
(d) General Higekuro.
8. Which character has an affair with the Third Princess?
(c) To no Chujo.
9. How is the Second Princess's honor ruined?
(a) She has become permiscuous.
(b) With rumors.
(c) She has a child out of wedlock.
(d) She married a commoner.
10. What type of competitions are held at Genji's banquet?
(a) Competitions of the mind.
(b) Archery and Equestrian.
(c) Artistic and Musical.
(d) Chess and poise.
11. Why does the Reizei Emperor abdicate the throne?
(a) He is unhappy as emporer.
(b) He wishes to live a life of seclusion.
(c) He becomes ill.
(d) He falls in love with a commoner.
12. In which season does Ukifune regain her health and strength?
13. At what point does Genji realize that he wants to be with the Third Princess very badly?
(a) During her pregnancy.
(b) During the time that he gives her lessons.
(c) After she remarries.
(d) After she is inaccessable.
14. Where does Ukifune end up at the end of the novel?
(b) The Ono Village.
15. Who is Chujounokimi?
(a) Niou's new love interest.
(b) Nakanokimi's mother.
(c) Kaoru's love interest.
(d) Ukifune's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the daughter of Lady Ichijo?
2. Who is Rokunokimi?
3. What happens to Tamakazura over the years?
4. Who does Kaoru send into the nunnery to retrieve Ukifune?
5. To whom does Kaoru pray while in the temple during his pilgrimage?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)