|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed at the time when Genji's death is discovered by the reader?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 24 years.
(d) 7 days.
2. Which man matches Genji in skill and charm?
(a) To no Chujo.
3. Whom does Niou receive an angry message from in Chapter 51?
4. In which season does Ukifune regain her health and strength?
5. Why does the Reizei Emperor abdicate the throne?
(a) He is unhappy as emporer.
(b) He wishes to live a life of seclusion.
(c) He becomes ill.
(d) He falls in love with a commoner.
6. How does Kaoru find that Ukifune is alive?
(a) From Nakanokimi.
(b) From Niou.
(c) From Chujounokimi.
(d) From the Yokawa bishop.
7. Niou sees that there is a strong resemblance between Ukifune and ______.
(b) His mother.
8. What does Kaoru fear toward the end of the novel?
(a) That he will live a life of loneliness.
(b) The he will have much bad luck in the near future.
(c) That he will die young.
(d) That he will become ill.
9. What type of skill does Ukifune possess?
(b) Playing the koto.
10. Why are Niou's visits to Nakanokimi infrequent?
(a) He does not love Nakanokimi anymore.
(b) Nakanokimi does not want to see Niou anymore.
(c) It is difficult to travel to Nakanokimi.
(d) He has another wife.
11. Where does Nakanokimi hide Ukifune in Chapter 50?
(a) A cottage in Sanjo.
(b) Niou's house.
(c) With Chujounokimi.
(d) A palace in Sanjo.
12. What does Genji begin to realize in Chapter 37?
(a) That he feels younger than ever.
(b) That he is getting old.
(c) He has been very depressed.
(d) He loves Kaoru.
13. How does Ukifune attempt suicide?
(a) She throws herself into the river.
(c) She stabs herself.
14. Of whom does Kaoru become jealous?
15. What scares Niou off when he visits the Uji palace?
(b) A cross on the building.
(d) A tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Suzaku Emporer's temple located?
2. Which character has an affair with the Third Princess?
3. Where do Kaoru and Niou go on their pilgrimage?
4. Which instrument does the Akashi lady play?
5. Who is extremely hurt by Yugiri's affair?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)