|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ukifune travels to a secluded cottage, where is it located?
(b) The Suma coast.
(c) On an island.
2. Niou sees that there is a strong resemblance between Ukifune and ______.
(d) His mother.
3. Who is extremely hurt by Yugiri's affair?
(c) The Second Princess.
4. Who is named corwn prince after the Reizei Emporer's abdication?
(a) The nephew of the Akashi lady.
(b) The Akashi lady's son.
(c) Genji's son.
(d) The grandson of the Akashi lady.
5. Of whom does Kaoru become jealous?
6. How does Genji die?
(b) Old age.
(c) A dueling accident.
(d) Not specified.
7. Who saves Ukifune from the Uji river?
(a) A bishop.
(b) A priest.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A sage.
8. Where does Nakanokimi go to visit Niou in Chapter 48?
(a) Hong Kong.
9. Which man dies of grief over the Third Princess?
(c) To no Chujo.
10. What does Niou send to the women in mourning in Uji?
(b) Silks and furs.
(c) A letter of condolence.
(d) A love letter.
11. What was Ukifune leaning against when first found near the Uji river?
(a) An oak tree.
(b) A tree root.
(c) A tall fern.
(d) A large rock.
12. At the beginning of the New Year, Nakanokimi receives a letter from ______.
13. Which instrument does the Akashi lady play?
(a) The flute.
(b) The sitar.
(c) The shamisen.
(d) The lute.
14. What is Ukifune believed to be when she is found by the river?
(a) A devil.
(b) A fox.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A lioness.
15. What is Ukifune's first impression of Niou.?
(a) Great admiration.
(b) She is in awe.
(c) She is horrified.
(d) Love at first sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ceremony is Kaoru preparing for in Chapter 47?
2. Where does the Second Princess hide to escape Yugiri's advances?
3. With Which woman does Yugiri attempt to have an affair?
4. Why can't Kaoru marry Oigimi?
5. Who does Niou send to Uji to ask about Ukifune's whereabouts?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)