|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Niou send to the women in mourning in Uji?
(a) A letter of condolence.
(c) A love letter.
(d) Silks and furs.
2. Lady Ichijo gives Yugiri a gift that once belonged to _______.
(c) The Reizei Emporer.
(d) The Second Princess.
3. What was Ukifune leaning against when first found near the Uji river?
(a) A tree root.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A tall fern.
(d) A large rock.
4. What scares Niou off when he visits the Uji palace?
(a) A cross on the building.
(c) A tiger.
5. Who is Rokunokimi?
(a) Kaoru's wife.
(b) The 6th daughter of Yugiri.
(c) The 1st wife of Yugiri.
(d) The 6th daughter of Genji.
6. What type of lessons does Genji give to the Third Princess?
(b) Verbal skills.
(d) Poise and posture.
7. With Which woman does Yugiri attempt to have an affair?
(b) The Second Princess.
(c) The Third Princess.
8. Who tries to woo Ukifune in Chapter 53?
(a) A guard captain.
(b) The bishop.
(c) A lieutenant.
(d) A general.
9. What is the Suzako Emporer intent on doing that lends him the reason to send the Third Princess away?
(a) Secluding himself in Suma.
(b) Taking holy orders.
(d) Writing a great masterpiece.
10. Where does Nakanokimi hide Ukifune in Chapter 50?
(a) With Chujounokimi.
(b) A cottage in Sanjo.
(c) A palace in Sanjo.
(d) Niou's house.
11. Who is Chujounokimi?
(a) Nakanokimi's mother.
(b) Niou's new love interest.
(c) Kaoru's love interest.
(d) Ukifune's mother.
12. What type of competitions are held at Genji's banquet?
(a) Chess and poise.
(b) Archery and Equestrian.
(c) Competitions of the mind.
(d) Artistic and Musical.
13. Whom does Niou receive an angry message from in Chapter 51?
14. What eventually happens to Ukifune?
(a) She marries Kaoru.
(b) She dies.
(c) She becomes a nun.
(d) She becomes a prostitute.
15. Where does the Second Princess hide to escape Yugiri's advances?
(a) A closet.
(b) Her mother's room.
(c) The botanical gardens.
(d) In the commons room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kaoru find that Ukifune is alive?
2. Why does Genji want to visit the Akashi lady?
3. At which mansion does Nakanokimi live?
4. Where do Kaoru and Niou go on their pilgrimage?
5. Ukifune travels to a secluded cottage, where is it located?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)