|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Ichijo give to Yugiri?
(a) A harp.
(b) A tiny idol.
(c) A harmonica.
(d) A flute.
2. Where is Nakanokimi's home?
3. Where does the Second Princess hide to escape Yugiri's advances?
(a) A closet.
(b) Her mother's room.
(c) The botanical gardens.
(d) In the commons room.
4. Ukifune travels to a secluded cottage, where is it located?
(a) The Suma coast.
(c) On an island.
5. By Chapter 52, Kaoru has almost given up on the idea of _____.
6. Where in Japan does the bulk of the story take place?
7. Where was Kaoru traveling when he hears of Ukifune's whereabouts?
(b) The Ono Village.
(c) Mt. Hiei.
8. Which character has an affair with the Third Princess?
(c) To no Chujo.
9. Who does Genji trust to be with him in his preparation for his daughter's initiation?
(b) To no Chujo.
(d) A few women.
10. Which man dies of grief over the Third Princess?
(a) To no Chujo.
11. Which instrument does the Akashi lady play?
(a) The sitar.
(b) The lute.
(c) The flute.
(d) The shamisen.
12. At which mansion does Nakanokimi live?
13. Who does Kaoru send into the nunnery to retrieve Ukifune?
(b) People with torches.
(c) Her brother.
(d) The bishop.
14. Who saves Ukifune from the Uji river?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A priest.
(c) A bishop.
(d) A sage.
15. At the beginning of the New Year, Nakanokimi receives a letter from ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point does Genji realize that he wants to be with the Third Princess very badly?
2. Where does Nakanokimi hide Ukifune in Chapter 50?
3. Where does Nakanokimi go to visit Niou in Chapter 48?
4. What is the wager between Kaoru and the Emporer?
5. Whom does Niou marry?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)