|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ukifune attempt suicide?
(a) She stabs herself.
(b) She throws herself into the river.
2. How old is Genji when he marries the Third Princess?
3. What is Ukifune thinking about as she sits alone at the end of the novel?
(a) She believes that she made a mistake.
(b) How she does not want to be a nun any longer.
(c) She believes that she should seek out Kaoru.
(d) Her time with Niou.
4. How is the Second Princess's honor ruined?
(a) She has become permiscuous.
(b) She has a child out of wedlock.
(c) With rumors.
(d) She married a commoner.
5. What does the Emperor pull up when making a wager with Kaoru?
(a) A a great sum of money.
(b) A contract.
(c) A Go board.
(d) A chess board.
6. Who does Kaoru send into the nunnery to retrieve Ukifune?
(a) Her brother.
(b) The bishop.
(c) People with torches.
7. Who is Rokunokimi?
(a) The 6th daughter of Yugiri.
(b) Kaoru's wife.
(c) The 6th daughter of Genji.
(d) The 1st wife of Yugiri.
8. With Which woman does Yugiri attempt to have an affair?
(a) The Second Princess.
(d) The Third Princess.
9. How does Genji spend the final years of his life?
(a) In seclusion.
(b) With his family.
(c) Still up to the same antics.
(d) As Emporer.
10. How does Ukifune realize that Kaoru is coming for her?
(a) Other nuns have informed her.
(b) She has a premonition.
(c) She sees him in the distance.
(d) She hears his voice.
11. Who does Tamakazura marry?
(a) Prince Reizei.
(b) General Higekuro.
12. What does Kaoru fear toward the end of the novel?
(a) That he will live a life of loneliness.
(b) That he will become ill.
(c) That he will die young.
(d) The he will have much bad luck in the near future.
13. To whom does the Suzaku Emporer send the Third Princess to in Chapter 34?
(b) The Reizei emporer.
(d) To no Chujo.
14. What was Ukifune leaning against when first found near the Uji river?
(a) A tree root.
(b) A tall fern.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A large rock.
15. Where do Kaoru and Niou go on their pilgrimage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is extremely hurt by Yugiri's affair?
2. What happens to Tamakazura over the years?
3. What type of skill does Ukifune possess?
4. Where was Kaoru traveling when he hears of Ukifune's whereabouts?
5. Whom did Chujounokimi immediately admire?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)