|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kaoru and Niou go on their pilgrimage?
2. How does Genji spend the final years of his life?
(a) As Emporer.
(b) With his family.
(c) Still up to the same antics.
(d) In seclusion.
3. Where was Kaoru traveling when he hears of Ukifune's whereabouts?
(a) Mt. Hiei.
(c) The Ono Village.
4. Where is the Suzaku Emporer's temple located?
(a) The West Mountain.
(b) The East Mountain.
(c) Along the coast.
(d) In the Byodin valley.
5. Who is extremely hurt by Yugiri's affair?
(a) The Second Princess.
6. Who is Rokunokimi?
(a) The 6th daughter of Yugiri.
(b) Kaoru's wife.
(c) The 6th daughter of Genji.
(d) The 1st wife of Yugiri.
7. What is Ukifune believed to be when she is found by the river?
(a) A devil.
(b) A lioness.
(c) A fox.
(d) A wolf.
8. Where in Japan does the bulk of the story take place?
9. What does Kaoru give to Oigimi in Chapter 47?
(a) A love letter.
(b) Love poems.
(c) A lute.
(d) An engagement ring.
10. Which man has reservations about attending Genji's banquet?
(a) General Higekuro.
(d) To no Chujo.
11. How many years have passed at the time when Genji's death is discovered by the reader?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 24 years.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 2 years.
12. Where does the Second Princess hide to escape Yugiri's advances?
(a) The botanical gardens.
(b) A closet.
(c) Her mother's room.
(d) In the commons room.
13. What does Lady Ichijo give to Yugiri?
(a) A tiny idol.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A flute.
(d) A harp.
14. What eventually happens to Ukifune?
(a) She becomes a nun.
(b) She becomes a prostitute.
(c) She dies.
(d) She marries Kaoru.
15. What style does Genji paint in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nakanokimi's home?
2. Which man dies of grief over the Third Princess?
3. Who is the daughter of Lady Ichijo?
4. How many children does Genji have?
5. Where does Ukifune end up at the end of the novel?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)