|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is dumped on Higekuro's head after his wife hears news of his marriage?
2. What was Ukifune leaning against when first found near the Uji river?
(a) An oak tree.
(b) A large rock.
(c) A tree root.
(d) A tall fern.
3. Who is the Third Princess the niece of?
(c) The Akashi lady.
4. Which of the following is able to have almost any woman he wants?
5. Which person is used to resolve the conflict between To no Chujo and Genji?
6. Where does the Second Princess join Lady Ichijo during an expedition?
(a) Omi Village.
(d) Ono Village.
7. Niou sees that there is a strong resemblance between Ukifune and ______.
(c) His mother.
8. Which man dies of grief over the Third Princess?
(a) To no Chujo.
9. Who does Kaoru send into the nunnery to retrieve Ukifune?
(a) Her brother.
(b) People with torches.
(c) The bishop.
10. What style does Genji paint in?
11. Where does the Second Princess hide to escape Yugiri's advances?
(a) In the commons room.
(b) Her mother's room.
(c) The botanical gardens.
(d) A closet.
12. Why are Niou's visits to Nakanokimi infrequent?
(a) He does not love Nakanokimi anymore.
(b) He has another wife.
(c) It is difficult to travel to Nakanokimi.
(d) Nakanokimi does not want to see Niou anymore.
13. To whom does Kaoru pray while in the temple during his pilgrimage?
(b) Jesus Christ.
14. What does Niou learn about Ukifune?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is very ill.
(c) She has become a nun.
(d) She has died.
15. Who tries to woo Ukifune in Chapter 53?
(a) A lieutenant.
(b) The bishop.
(c) A general.
(d) A guard captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Suzako Emporer intent on doing that lends him the reason to send the Third Princess away?
2. Where does Nakanokimi hide Ukifune in Chapter 50?
3. Where is Nakanokimi's home?
4. How does Genji spend the final years of his life?
5. Of whom does Kaoru become jealous?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)