|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Suzaku Emporer's temple located?
(a) In the Byodin valley.
(b) The East Mountain.
(c) The West Mountain.
(d) Along the coast.
2. Why are Niou's visits to Nakanokimi infrequent?
(a) Nakanokimi does not want to see Niou anymore.
(b) It is difficult to travel to Nakanokimi.
(c) He does not love Nakanokimi anymore.
(d) He has another wife.
3. With Which woman does Yugiri attempt to have an affair?
(b) The Third Princess.
(d) The Second Princess.
4. To whom does the Suzaku Emporer send the Third Princess to in Chapter 34?
(c) To no Chujo.
(d) The Reizei emporer.
5. How does Ukifune attempt suicide?
(b) She stabs herself.
(c) She throws herself into the river.
6. Who is extremely hurt by Yugiri's affair?
(a) The Second Princess.
7. Which man matches Genji in skill and charm?
(c) To no Chujo.
8. Where is Nakanokimi's home?
9. What style does Genji paint in?
10. How does Genji die?
(a) Old age.
(b) A dueling accident.
(d) Not specified.
11. In whose temple does Kaoru pray while on his pilgrimage?
(a) The Eighth Prince.
(b) The Reizei Emporer.
(c) The Ninth Prince.
(d) Prince Higekuro.
12. Ukifune travels to a secluded cottage, where is it located?
(a) The Suma coast.
(b) On an island.
13. Who tries to woo Ukifune in Chapter 53?
(a) A lieutenant.
(b) The bishop.
(c) A guard captain.
(d) A general.
14. Which room in given to the Lieutenant?
(a) The governor's room.
(b) The commons room.
(c) Ukifune's room.
(d) The west room.
15. How old is Genji when he marries the Third Princess?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nakanokimi hide Ukifune in Chapter 50?
2. By Chapter 52, Kaoru has almost given up on the idea of _____.
3. Who sees Yugiri leaving the Second Princess's bedroom?
4. How many years have passed at the time when Genji's death is discovered by the reader?
5. Who does Kaoru immediately fall in love with while in Uji?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)