|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nakanokimi go to visit Niou in Chapter 48?
(c) Hong Kong.
2. Where is the Suzaku Emporer's temple located?
(a) The East Mountain.
(b) The West Mountain.
(c) Along the coast.
(d) In the Byodin valley.
3. What style does Genji paint in?
4. At which mansion does Nakanokimi live?
5. How does Kaoru find that Ukifune is alive?
(a) From Nakanokimi.
(b) From Chujounokimi.
(c) From the Yokawa bishop.
(d) From Niou.
6. How old is Genji when he marries the Third Princess?
7. What was Ukifune leaning against when first found near the Uji river?
(a) A tall fern.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A tree root.
(d) A large rock.
8. What does Kaoru give to Oigimi in Chapter 47?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A lute.
(c) Love poems.
(d) An engagement ring.
9. Which of the following is able to have almost any woman he wants?
10. What does Niou learn about Ukifune?
(a) She is married.
(b) She has died.
(c) She is very ill.
(d) She has become a nun.
11. What type of competitions are held at Genji's banquet?
(a) Archery and Equestrian.
(b) Competitions of the mind.
(c) Chess and poise.
(d) Artistic and Musical.
12. What is Genji's opinion of the Third Princess?
(a) She is immature.
(b) She reminds him of Murasaki.
(c) He thinks that she will make a good wife.
(d) She is very beautiful.
13. What is Ukifune believed to be when she is found by the river?
(a) A devil.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A lioness.
(d) A fox.
14. Where in Japan does the bulk of the story take place?
15. What does the Emperor pull up when making a wager with Kaoru?
(a) A a great sum of money.
(b) A contract.
(c) A chess board.
(d) A Go board.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Third Princess the niece of?
2. What does Niou send to the women in mourning in Uji?
3. What style does To no Chujo paint in?
4. At what point does Genji realize that he wants to be with the Third Princess very badly?
5. Who is Chujounokimi?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)