|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom does Kaoru become jealous?
2. Where does Nakanokimi go to visit Niou in Chapter 48?
(d) Hong Kong.
3. How does Ukifune attempt suicide?
(b) She stabs herself.
(d) She throws herself into the river.
4. What does Niou send to the women in mourning in Uji?
(b) A love letter.
(c) Silks and furs.
(d) A letter of condolence.
5. Where is Nakanokimi's home?
6. Lady Ichijo gives Yugiri a gift that once belonged to _______.
(b) The Second Princess.
(c) The Reizei Emporer.
7. What does Yugiri eventually convince the Second Princess to do?
(a) To join a convent.
(b) Run away with him to the Suma coast.
(c) Leave her husband.
(d) Marry him.
8. Who is Chujounokimi?
(a) Niou's new love interest.
(b) Ukifune's mother.
(c) Nakanokimi's mother.
(d) Kaoru's love interest.
9. At which mansion does Nakanokimi live?
10. Ukifune travels to a secluded cottage, where is it located?
(a) The Suma coast.
(b) On an island.
11. Whom does Niou receive an angry message from in Chapter 51?
12. What was Ukifune leaning against when first found near the Uji river?
(a) A tall fern.
(b) A large rock.
(c) A tree root.
(d) An oak tree.
13. Who does Kaoru immediately fall in love with while in Uji?
14. What does Niou learn about Ukifune?
(a) She is very ill.
(b) She has died.
(c) She has become a nun.
(d) She is married.
15. What style does Genji paint in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ukifune thinking about as she sits alone at the end of the novel?
2. What is Ukifune's first impression of Niou.?
3. What style does To no Chujo paint in?
4. By Chapter 52, Kaoru has almost given up on the idea of _____.
5. How does Genji spend the final years of his life?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)