|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kaoru fear toward the end of the novel?
(a) That he will live a life of loneliness.
(b) That he will die young.
(c) That he will become ill.
(d) The he will have much bad luck in the near future.
2. How many children does Genji have?
3. What type of lessons does Genji give to the Third Princess?
(a) Verbal skills.
(b) Poise and posture.
4. Who is named corwn prince after the Reizei Emporer's abdication?
(a) Genji's son.
(b) The grandson of the Akashi lady.
(c) The Akashi lady's son.
(d) The nephew of the Akashi lady.
5. To whom does Kaoru pray while in the temple during his pilgrimage?
(c) Jesus Christ.
6. How many years have passed at the time when Genji's death is discovered by the reader?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 24 years.
7. At what point does Genji realize that he wants to be with the Third Princess very badly?
(a) After she is inaccessable.
(b) During the time that he gives her lessons.
(c) During her pregnancy.
(d) After she remarries.
8. Which character has an affair with the Third Princess?
(c) To no Chujo.
9. In whose temple does Kaoru pray while on his pilgrimage?
(a) The Eighth Prince.
(b) The Reizei Emporer.
(c) The Ninth Prince.
(d) Prince Higekuro.
10. Where does the Second Princess hide to escape Yugiri's advances?
(a) A closet.
(b) Her mother's room.
(c) In the commons room.
(d) The botanical gardens.
11. Who does Niou send to Uji to ask about Ukifune's whereabouts?
(c) General Higekuro.
12. What does Yugiri eventually convince the Second Princess to do?
(a) To join a convent.
(b) Run away with him to the Suma coast.
(c) Leave her husband.
(d) Marry him.
13. What scares Niou off when he visits the Uji palace?
(a) A tiger.
(d) A cross on the building.
14. How is the Second Princess's honor ruined?
(a) She has a child out of wedlock.
(b) She married a commoner.
(c) With rumors.
(d) She has become permiscuous.
15. Why are Niou's visits to Nakanokimi infrequent?
(a) He has another wife.
(b) Nakanokimi does not want to see Niou anymore.
(c) It is difficult to travel to Nakanokimi.
(d) He does not love Nakanokimi anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Ichijo gives Yugiri a gift that once belonged to _______.
2. By Chapter 52, Kaoru has almost given up on the idea of _____.
3. Who is extremely hurt by Yugiri's affair?
4. Which room in given to the Lieutenant?
5. What style does To no Chujo paint in?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)