|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Genji send Yugiri in order to comfort his grandmother?
2. Who is Akikonomu?
(a) The Lady of the Lake.
(b) The Lady of the Cherry Blossoms.
(c) The Lady of the Lemon Tree.
(d) The Lady of the Orange Blossoms.
3. Where do the ministers go for their royal outing?
4. Genji is in love with a woman whom he cannot have during the beginning of the novel. Who is this woman?
5. Who is Genji's former nurse?
6. What does Genji discover about casual relationships with women?
(a) That they can be easier than passionate relationships.
(b) He views them as unecessary.
(c) He greatly dislikes them.
(d) That they are horrible.
7. Which lady does Genji begin spending time with in Chapter 11?
(a) The Rokujo Lady.
(d) Lady Akashi.
8. Who is Kobai?
(a) To no Chujo's son.
(b) A friend of Genji's.
(c) The minister of the right.
(d) Genji's son.
9. What are Fujitsubo's intentions after her husband's death?
(a) To become a nun.
(b) To begin a relationship with Genji.
(c) To remarry.
(d) To commit suicide.
10. After falling out of favor with the court where does Genji decide to go?
11. Where does To no Chujo send Kumoinokari?
(a) To Omi.
12. Which of the Safflower Princess's relatives begs her to come and stay?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
13. What happens to Aoi shortly after she gives birth to her son?
(a) She dies.
(b) She leaves Genji.
(c) She becomes a nun.
(d) She becomes possessed.
14. What is believed to be the cause of the situation in Genji's homeland since he has left home in Chapter 13?
(a) The weather.
(b) Genji's exile.
(c) Moon and star formations.
(d) The alignment of the planets.
15. Who is angy about Genji's visits to Princess Asagao?
(a) To no Chujo.
(b) Genji's children.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Genji send Yugiri after rumors spread of his rank being raised?
2. What does Genji avoid doing at the start of the rule of the Suzaku emperor?
3. Who is caring for Genji at the beginning of Chapter 5 during his travel to mountains?
4. In which wing of the palace do Genji and Murasaki live?
5. What does Genji do while he is visiting the Safflower Princess?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)