|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Genji forlorn in Chapter 6?
(a) Due to the death of Yugao.
(b) Due to the death of his mother.
(c) He has lost a competition with To no Chujo.
(d) He has developed a crush on his cousin.
2. What does Omiya tell Genji in Chapter 29?
(a) That she wishes to go to court.
(b) She asks Genji for a favor.
(c) She feels that she may die.
(d) That she would like to meet Tamakazura.
3. After falling out of favor with the court where does Genji decide to go?
4. What does Genji tell the Safflower Princess when he goes to visit her after his exile?
(a) That he is married.
(b) He is apologetic.
(c) Stories and tales.
(d) That he loves her.
5. Who does Genji fail to support during his exile?
(a) Lady Rokujo.
(c) The Safflower Princess.
(d) The Akashi Lady.
6. Who does Genji send over to the grounds of the Safflower Princess in Chapter 15?
7. How does Genji try to seduce Princess Asagao?
(b) With art.
(d) With notes.
8. What does Genji notice about the Safflower Princess during a visit in Chapter 23?
(a) She has become a wise woman.
(b) That she is cold.
(c) That she has been married.
(d) She is very pretty.
9. From what does Genji fall ill at the end of Chapter 4?
(d) Food poisoning.
10. Where is the Akashi lady's mansion located?
11. With whom does Genji decide to travel home after living in exile?
(a) A monk.
(b) A sage.
(c) The Suzaku Emporer.
12. What does Genji send to the Safflower Princess after his visit in Chapter 23?
13. What hits Genji's palace in Rokujo?
(a) A storm.
(d) A plague.
14. Who is Omi?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A teacher.
(c) To no Chujo's sage.
(d) A woman that To no Chujo finds very enticing.
15. What would hold Genji back from traveling away from home?
(a) His career.
(b) Rokujo Lady.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fujitsubo is ashamed of Genji's presence because:
2. Of what is the Suzaku Emperor fond?
3. Why does Princess Asagao turn Genji down?
4. What is believed to be the cause of the situation in Genji's homeland since he has left home in Chapter 13?
5. What word would must accurately describe Genji?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)