|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 13 that causes Genji to reevaluate his past?
(a) A storm.
(b) Death of a friend.
(d) An invasion.
2. What does Genji tell the Safflower Princess when he goes to visit her after his exile?
(a) Stories and tales.
(b) He is apologetic.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he is married.
3. Who is angy about Genji's visits to Princess Asagao?
(b) Genji's children.
(c) Her father.
(d) To no Chujo.
4. Who is Genji's former nurse?
5. Who is Kobai?
(a) Genji's son.
(b) A friend of Genji's.
(c) The minister of the right.
(d) To no Chujo's son.
6. Which instrument does Genji play?
(a) The koto.
(b) The shamisen.
(c) The kalimba.
(d) The sitar.
7. Genji sleeps with this woman who is in her sixties.
8. Of what is the Suzaku Emperor fond?
(a) The koto.
(c) Harp music.
9. How long does the debate last regarding Genji and To no Chujo's competition?
(b) Several days.
(c) Several hours.
10. Who does Genji send over to the grounds of the Safflower Princess in Chapter 15?
11. What does To no Chujo notice about Kumoinokari when he watches her sleep?
(a) That she is a perfect match for Yugiri.
(b) How ugly she is.
(c) How much like him she is.
(d) How beautiful she is.
12. Who is Omi?
(a) To no Chujo's sage.
(b) A woman that To no Chujo finds very enticing.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A teacher.
13. Where does Genji send Yugiri after rumors spread of his rank being raised?
(a) To the court.
(c) The University.
14. From whose point of view is Chapter 15 written?
(d) The Safflower Princess.
15. Genji is in love with a woman whom he cannot have during the beginning of the novel. Who is this woman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lady Rokujo's daughter?
2. What types of gifts does Murasaki send to Genji?
3. How does the Akashi lady feel when she arrives at her new mansion?
4. Genji is concerned about the illness of _______ , Tamakazura's grandmother.
5. Which of the following is not a trait of the Safflower Princess?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)