|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character dresses up in a disguise in Chapter 7?
(b) To no Chujo.
(d) The Emporer.
2. Which of the Safflower Princess's relatives begs her to come and stay?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. With whom does Genji sit on the royal outing?
4. What happens to Aoi shortly after she gives birth to her son?
(a) She dies.
(b) She leaves Genji.
(c) She becomes possessed.
(d) She becomes a nun.
5. Why do Genji and To no Chujo decide to compete against each other?
(a) To make money.
(b) To seduce a woman.
(c) The gain attention.
(d) In good fun.
6. What does Murasaki compare Genji's behavior to since his visits to the Princess Asagao?
(b) Like a stranger.
(c) More in love than ever.
(d) Very happy.
7. Who is Genji's go-between for he and the Safflower Princess?
(b) To no Chujo.
8. Which of the following is not a trait of the Safflower Princess?
(a) Red nose.
(b) Beautiful eyes.
(c) Thin, misshapen body.
(d) Pretty hair.
9. What does Yugiri think about Tamakazura?
(a) He is secretly in love with her.
(b) That she is an evil woman.
(c) That she is Genji's daughter.
(d) That she is the daughter of To no Chujo.
10. Why does Genji's father marry Fujitsubo?
(a) She was in love with Genji's father.
(b) Their marriage was previously arranged.
(c) She was very wealthy.
(d) Because she looks like Genji's mother.
11. Of what is the Suzaku Emperor fond?
(b) Harp music.
(c) The koto.
12. Who is Tayu?
(a) Genji's cousin.
(b) A distant relative.
(c) Genji's sister.
(d) A daughter of Genji's former nurse.
13. What does the Empress Akikonomu send to Murasaki?
(c) An invitation.
(d) Autumn leaves and flowers.
14. Why does Princess Asagao turn Genji down?
(a) She is busy grieving her father.
(b) He is too old for her.
(c) She is in love with someone else.
(d) She doesn't want to be on his list of conquests.
15. What hits Genji's palace in Rokujo?
(a) A plague.
(c) A storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Genji do while he is visiting the Safflower Princess?
2. What word would must accurately describe Genji?
3. With whom does Genji decide to travel home after living in exile?
4. What does Genji avoid doing at the start of the rule of the Suzaku emperor?
5. Where does Genji send Yugiri after rumors spread of his rank being raised?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)