|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Genji tell the Safflower Princess when he goes to visit her after his exile?
(a) He is apologetic.
(b) That he is married.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) Stories and tales.
2. What does Genji notice about the Safflower Princess during a visit in Chapter 23?
(a) She is very pretty.
(b) That she is cold.
(c) That she has been married.
(d) She has become a wise woman.
3. What does Yugiri think about Tamakazura?
(a) That she is the daughter of To no Chujo.
(b) That she is an evil woman.
(c) He is secretly in love with her.
(d) That she is Genji's daughter.
4. What talent does Genji have?
5. What does Omiya tell Genji in Chapter 29?
(a) That she wishes to go to court.
(b) She feels that she may die.
(c) That she would like to meet Tamakazura.
(d) She asks Genji for a favor.
6. Which lady does Genji begin spending time with in Chapter 11?
(b) The Rokujo Lady.
(c) Lady Akashi.
7. Which of the following is not a trait of the Safflower Princess?
(a) Red nose.
(b) Pretty hair.
(c) Thin, misshapen body.
(d) Beautiful eyes.
8. What does Genji send to the Safflower Princess after his visit in Chapter 23?
9. What is believed to be the cause of the situation in Genji's homeland since he has left home in Chapter 13?
(a) The weather.
(b) Genji's exile.
(c) The alignment of the planets.
(d) Moon and star formations.
10. What are Fujitsubo's intentions after her husband's death?
(a) To remarry.
(b) To become a nun.
(c) To commit suicide.
(d) To begin a relationship with Genji.
11. From whose point of view is Chapter 15 written?
(d) The Safflower Princess.
12. Which character dresses up in a disguise in Chapter 7?
(c) The Emporer.
(d) To no Chujo.
13. Who is caring for Genji at the beginning of Chapter 5 during his travel to mountains?
(a) A sage.
(b) His nurse.
(d) A Bishop.
14. With whom does Genji sit on the royal outing?
15. Who is Akikonomu?
(a) The Lady of the Cherry Blossoms.
(b) The Lady of the Lake.
(c) The Lady of the Orange Blossoms.
(d) The Lady of the Lemon Tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does To no Chujo find frustrating about Kumoinokari?
2. Who does Genji send over to the grounds of the Safflower Princess in Chapter 15?
3. What would hold Genji back from traveling away from home?
4. What does Genji discover about casual relationships with women?
5. What word would must accurately describe Genji?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)