|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is going on back in Genji's homeland during his time away?
(a) The Suzaku emporer dies.
(b) His homeland is flourishing.
(c) The weather is very good to farming.
(d) It is in a dismal state.
2. Who is caring for Genji at the beginning of Chapter 5 during his travel to mountains?
(a) A sage.
(c) His nurse.
(d) A Bishop.
3. Why do Genji and To no Chujo decide to compete against each other?
(a) To make money.
(b) The gain attention.
(c) To seduce a woman.
(d) In good fun.
4. Who is Akikonomu?
(a) The Lady of the Lemon Tree.
(b) The Lady of the Cherry Blossoms.
(c) The Lady of the Lake.
(d) The Lady of the Orange Blossoms.
5. Where do the ministers go for their royal outing?
6. What festival does Genji attend at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) The Safflowers.
(b) The Festival of Lights.
(c) The Cherry Blossoms.
(d) The Orange Blossoms.
7. What types of gifts does Murasaki send to Genji?
8. Who is Genji's best friend?
(a) To no Chujo.
9. Who is Kobai?
(a) Genji's son.
(b) The minister of the right.
(c) To no Chujo's son.
(d) A friend of Genji's.
10. What word would must accurately describe Genji?
11. What does To no Chujo notice about Kumoinokari when he watches her sleep?
(a) How beautiful she is.
(b) How much like him she is.
(c) How ugly she is.
(d) That she is a perfect match for Yugiri.
12. From whose point of view is Chapter 15 written?
(d) The Safflower Princess.
13. To whom does Yugiri send a love letter in Chapter 21?
(b) Cho Mihn.
(d) Koremitsu's daughter.
14. What happens to Yugao in Chapter 4?
(a) She marries Genji.
(b) She moves away.
(c) She becomes very ill.
(d) She dies.
15. Who does Genji send over to the grounds of the Safflower Princess in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fujitsubo is ashamed of Genji's presence because:
2. Which instrument does Genji play?
3. What does Genji's father do to protect him?
4. What happens in Chapter 13 that causes Genji to reevaluate his past?
5. Which of the following is not a trait of the Safflower Princess?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)