|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Genji send Yugiri in order to comfort his grandmother?
2. Who attempts to arrange a meeting between Genji and Utsusemi?
(a) Utsusemi's sister.
(b) Tu no Chujo.
(c) Utsusemi's brother.
(d) Utsusemi's father.
3. What festival does Genji attend at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) The Safflowers.
(b) The Cherry Blossoms.
(c) The Orange Blossoms.
(d) The Festival of Lights.
4. Where is the Akashi lady's mansion located?
5. Who is Genji's best friend?
(c) To no Chujo.
6. Why is Genji forlorn in Chapter 6?
(a) Due to the death of Yugao.
(b) Due to the death of his mother.
(c) He has lost a competition with To no Chujo.
(d) He has developed a crush on his cousin.
7. Genji is in love with a woman whom he cannot have during the beginning of the novel. Who is this woman?
8. Which instrument does Genji play?
(a) The shamisen.
(b) The sitar.
(c) The koto.
(d) The kalimba.
9. What does Omiya tell Genji in Chapter 29?
(a) She asks Genji for a favor.
(b) That she would like to meet Tamakazura.
(c) She feels that she may die.
(d) That she wishes to go to court.
10. Who is the crown prince after the Suzaku emperor's abdication?
(a) To no Chujo.
(b) To no Chujo's son.
(c) Genji's brother.
(d) Genji's son.
11. Of what is the Suzaku Emperor fond?
(b) Harp music.
(c) The koto.
12. Who is Omi?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A woman that To no Chujo finds very enticing.
(d) To no Chujo's sage.
13. Why does Princess Asagao turn Genji down?
(a) She is busy grieving her father.
(b) He is too old for her.
(c) She doesn't want to be on his list of conquests.
(d) She is in love with someone else.
14. From whose point of view is Chapter 15 written?
(c) The Safflower Princess.
15. Who is Akikonomu?
(a) The Lady of the Lake.
(b) The Lady of the Orange Blossoms.
(c) The Lady of the Lemon Tree.
(d) The Lady of the Cherry Blossoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Genji sit on the royal outing?
2. How long does the debate last regarding Genji and To no Chujo's competition?
3. Where does Genji send Yugiri after rumors spread of his rank being raised?
4. What news about Tamakazura arises once she is a grown woman?
5. Who does Genji send over to the grounds of the Safflower Princess in Chapter 15?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)