|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Akashi lady's mansion located?
2. Late in Yugiri's walk around the Rokujo grounds he overhears ______.
(a) Genji's attempt to seduce Tamakazura.
(b) Genji is weeping.
(c) Genji's announcement that he is leaving Murasaki.
(d) Kumoinokari sleeping with another.
3. What happens to Yugao in Chapter 4?
(a) She moves away.
(b) She dies.
(c) She becomes very ill.
(d) She marries Genji.
4. What striking feature has the Safflower Princess managed to keep over the years?
(a) Her pretty hair.
(b) Her bright red nose.
(c) Her lovely voice.
(d) Her graceful figure.
5. How long does the debate last regarding Genji and To no Chujo's competition?
(a) Several hours.
(d) Several days.
6. What does Genji notice about the Safflower Princess during a visit in Chapter 23?
(a) She has become a wise woman.
(b) That she is cold.
(c) That she has been married.
(d) She is very pretty.
7. Who is Tayu?
(a) Genji's sister.
(b) Genji's cousin.
(c) A distant relative.
(d) A daughter of Genji's former nurse.
8. Where does the Rokujo lady feel the need to travel to during Chapter 10?
9. What does Murasaki compare Genji's behavior to since his visits to the Princess Asagao?
(a) Very happy.
(c) Like a stranger.
(d) More in love than ever.
10. Who is Genji's best friend?
(b) To no Chujo.
11. Who does Genji sleep with when visiting his former nurse?
(a) Akashi Lady.
(c) Rokujo Lady.
12. Where does To no Chujo send Kumoinokari?
(c) To Omi.
13. What do priests attempt to do to Aoi during her pregnancy?
(b) Last rights.
14. What does Omiya tell Genji in Chapter 29?
(a) She feels that she may die.
(b) That she wishes to go to court.
(c) She asks Genji for a favor.
(d) That she would like to meet Tamakazura.
15. Which attendant stays faithful to the Safflower princess?
(a) Lady Akashi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Murasaki return the Empress Akikonomu's kind gesture in Chapter 24?
2. What word would must accurately describe Genji?
3. What does Genji's father do to protect him?
4. Why is Genji forlorn in Chapter 6?
5. Who does Genji send over to the grounds of the Safflower Princess in Chapter 15?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)