|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Genji fall ill at the end of Chapter 4?
(c) Food poisoning.
2. Who is the crown prince after the Suzaku emperor's abdication?
(a) Genji's son.
(b) To no Chujo's son.
(c) To no Chujo.
(d) Genji's brother.
3. Where does Genji sit to relax with Yugiri on a hot summer day?
(a) The garden.
(b) His pavilion.
(c) Under the grape vines.
(d) The temple.
4. Where does the Princess Asagao live?
5. What did Genji originally believe was the most desirable thing about the Rokujo Lady?
(a) Her age.
(b) Her fascination with him.
(c) Her ability to push him away.
(d) Her beauty.
6. What striking feature has the Safflower Princess managed to keep over the years?
(a) Her lovely voice.
(b) Her pretty hair.
(c) Her graceful figure.
(d) Her bright red nose.
7. What does Genji notice about the Safflower Princess during a visit in Chapter 23?
(a) She is very pretty.
(b) She has become a wise woman.
(c) That she is cold.
(d) That she has been married.
8. To whom does Yugiri send a love letter in Chapter 21?
(b) Koremitsu's daughter.
(d) Cho Mihn.
9. With whom does Genji sit on the royal outing?
10. Who is Omi?
(a) To no Chujo's sage.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A woman that To no Chujo finds very enticing.
11. Where is the Akashi lady's mansion located?
12. Who is caring for Genji at the beginning of Chapter 5 during his travel to mountains?
(b) A sage.
(c) A Bishop.
(d) His nurse.
13. Where does the Rokujo lady feel the need to travel to during Chapter 10?
14. Which of the following is not a trait of the Safflower Princess?
(a) Beautiful eyes.
(b) Thin, misshapen body.
(c) Pretty hair.
(d) Red nose.
15. What does Yugiri happen to hear while walking through the garden?
(a) Kumoinokari singing.
(b) Murasaki crying.
(c) Genji and Murasaki's pillow talk.
(d) His father playing the shamisen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Genji send Yugiri after rumors spread of his rank being raised?
2. Where does To no Chujo send Kumoinokari?
3. What word would must accurately describe Genji?
4. Who does Genji sleep with when visiting his former nurse?
5. What is going on back in Genji's homeland during his time away?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)