|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do To no Chujo and Genji do as the tension in their relationship disappears?
(b) Laugh and weep.
(c) Think back on their time together.
(d) Shake hands.
2. Who does Genji sleep with when visiting his former nurse?
(b) Akashi Lady.
(c) Rokujo Lady.
3. Which instrument does Genji play?
(a) The koto.
(b) The kalimba.
(c) The shamisen.
(d) The sitar.
4. From whose point of view is Chapter 15 written?
(b) The Safflower Princess.
5. What types of gifts does Murasaki send to Genji?
6. To whom does Yugiri send a love letter in Chapter 21?
(b) Cho Mihn.
(d) Koremitsu's daughter.
7. Who is Omi?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A woman that To no Chujo finds very enticing.
(c) To no Chujo's sage.
(d) A teacher.
8. Where does Genji send Yugiri in order to comfort his grandmother?
9. What is believed to be the cause of the situation in Genji's homeland since he has left home in Chapter 13?
(a) The weather.
(b) Genji's exile.
(c) Moon and star formations.
(d) The alignment of the planets.
10. Who is Akikonomu?
(a) The Lady of the Orange Blossoms.
(b) The Lady of the Lake.
(c) The Lady of the Lemon Tree.
(d) The Lady of the Cherry Blossoms.
11. What happens to Yugao in Chapter 4?
(a) She becomes very ill.
(b) She dies.
(c) She moves away.
(d) She marries Genji.
12. What does the Empress Akikonomu send to Murasaki?
(a) An invitation.
(c) Autumn leaves and flowers.
13. In which wing of the palace do Genji and Murasaki live?
(a) The Southeast Quarter.
(b) The West Wing.
(c) The Northeast Quarter.
(d) The South Wing.
14. How does the Akashi lady feel when she arrives at her new mansion?
(c) At home.
15. From what does Genji fall ill at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yugiri happen to hear while walking through the garden?
2. What does Omiya tell Genji in Chapter 29?
3. Where does To no Chujo send Kumoinokari?
4. Who is angy about Genji's visits to Princess Asagao?
5. What news about Tamakazura arises once she is a grown woman?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)