|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Genji's father marry Fujitsubo?
(a) She was very wealthy.
(b) Because she looks like Genji's mother.
(c) She was in love with Genji's father.
(d) Their marriage was previously arranged.
2. Which character dresses up in a disguise in Chapter 7?
(a) The Emporer.
(d) To no Chujo.
3. What does To no Chujo find frustrating about Kumoinokari?
(a) That she is in love with Yugiri.
(b) That she is not the talk of the town.
(c) That she is not beautiful.
(d) That she and him do not have a good relationship.
4. Why does Princess Asagao turn Genji down?
(a) He is too old for her.
(b) She is in love with someone else.
(c) She is busy grieving her father.
(d) She doesn't want to be on his list of conquests.
5. To whom does Yugiri send a love letter in Chapter 21?
(b) Koremitsu's daughter.
(d) Cho Mihn.
6. Who is Lady Rokujo's daughter?
7. What is going on back in Genji's homeland during his time away?
(a) It is in a dismal state.
(b) The weather is very good to farming.
(c) His homeland is flourishing.
(d) The Suzaku emporer dies.
8. Where do the other women in the palace live?
(a) In separate quarters.
(b) With Genji and Murasaki.
(c) The Southern wing.
(d) The commons rooms.
9. Who does Genji fail to support during his exile?
(a) Lady Rokujo.
(b) The Akashi Lady.
(d) The Safflower Princess.
10. What does Yugiri think about Tamakazura?
(a) He is secretly in love with her.
(b) That she is Genji's daughter.
(c) That she is the daughter of To no Chujo.
(d) That she is an evil woman.
11. Who is Genji's former nurse?
12. Who is Kobai?
(a) The minister of the right.
(b) To no Chujo's son.
(c) Genji's son.
(d) A friend of Genji's.
13. Why do Genji and To no Chujo decide to compete against each other?
(a) In good fun.
(b) To seduce a woman.
(c) To make money.
(d) The gain attention.
14. What does Genji's father do to protect him?
(a) He changes his name.
(b) He gets him a body guard.
(c) He deems him a commoner.
(d) He keeps him locked up.
15. With whom does Genji sit on the royal outing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Genji sleep with when visiting his former nurse?
2. Who is angy about Genji's visits to Princess Asagao?
3. What does Genji tell the Safflower Princess when he goes to visit her after his exile?
4. What is believed to be the cause of the situation in Genji's homeland since he has left home in Chapter 13?
5. Who does Genji hurt during Chapter 9?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)