|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Genji notice about the Safflower Princess during a visit in Chapter 23?
(a) She has become a wise woman.
(b) That she is cold.
(c) She is very pretty.
(d) That she has been married.
2. Who does Genji send over to the grounds of the Safflower Princess in Chapter 15?
3. Who is Lady Rokujo's daughter?
4. Genji is concerned about the illness of _______ , Tamakazura's grandmother.
(a) Princess Omiya.
(b) The Safflower Princess.
5. What happens in Chapter 13 that causes Genji to reevaluate his past?
(a) A storm.
(c) Death of a friend.
(d) An invasion.
6. What happens to Genji's mother at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She falls ill and dies.
(b) She gives Genji up.
(c) She leaves Genji's father.
(d) She becomes a nun.
7. Genji sleeps with this woman who is in her sixties.
8. How does Murasaki return the Empress Akikonomu's kind gesture in Chapter 24?
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) Sending an invitation to view her spring garden.
(d) An Invitation to tea.
9. Where does Genji send Yugiri after rumors spread of his rank being raised?
(a) The University.
(d) To the court.
10. From what does Genji fall ill at the end of Chapter 4?
(d) Food poisoning.
11. Why does Genji's father marry Fujitsubo?
(a) She was in love with Genji's father.
(b) She was very wealthy.
(c) Their marriage was previously arranged.
(d) Because she looks like Genji's mother.
12. What festival does Genji attend at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) The Festival of Lights.
(b) The Cherry Blossoms.
(c) The Safflowers.
(d) The Orange Blossoms.
13. What does Genji's father do to protect him?
(a) He keeps him locked up.
(b) He gets him a body guard.
(c) He changes his name.
(d) He deems him a commoner.
14. What do priests attempt to do to Aoi during her pregnancy?
(a) Last rights.
15. What does Genji think about Tamakazura's going to court?
(a) It is the perfect time.
(b) She may not be right for court.
(c) She should have gone years ago.
(d) It may be too soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Omiya tell Genji in Chapter 29?
2. Where does the Rokujo lady feel the need to travel to during Chapter 10?
3. Who is Tayu?
4. Where does To no Chujo send Kumoinokari?
5. Where does the Princess Asagao live?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)