|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Genji originally believe was the most desirable thing about the Rokujo Lady?
(a) Her ability to push him away.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her fascination with him.
(d) Her beauty.
2. What is going on back in Genji's homeland during his time away?
(a) The weather is very good to farming.
(b) His homeland is flourishing.
(c) The Suzaku emporer dies.
(d) It is in a dismal state.
3. Genji is concerned about the illness of _______ , Tamakazura's grandmother.
(a) Princess Omiya.
(b) The Safflower Princess.
4. Which attendant stays faithful to the Safflower princess?
(d) Lady Akashi.
5. Where is the Akashi lady's mansion located?
6. What does Genji's father do to protect him?
(a) He keeps him locked up.
(b) He changes his name.
(c) He deems him a commoner.
(d) He gets him a body guard.
7. Why does Princess Asagao turn Genji down?
(a) She is in love with someone else.
(b) She doesn't want to be on his list of conquests.
(c) She is busy grieving her father.
(d) He is too old for her.
8. Where does the Rokujo lady feel the need to travel to during Chapter 10?
9. What are Fujitsubo's intentions after her husband's death?
(a) To become a nun.
(b) To begin a relationship with Genji.
(c) To commit suicide.
(d) To remarry.
10. Which lady does Genji begin spending time with in Chapter 11?
(a) Lady Akashi.
(b) The Rokujo Lady.
11. Who does Genji sleep with when visiting his former nurse?
(b) Rokujo Lady.
(c) Akashi Lady.
12. What does To no Chujo find frustrating about Kumoinokari?
(a) That she is in love with Yugiri.
(b) That she and him do not have a good relationship.
(c) That she is not beautiful.
(d) That she is not the talk of the town.
13. What types of gifts does Murasaki send to Genji?
14. What does Genji notice about the Safflower Princess during a visit in Chapter 23?
(a) She has become a wise woman.
(b) She is very pretty.
(c) That she is cold.
(d) That she has been married.
15. How does Murasaki return the Empress Akikonomu's kind gesture in Chapter 24?
(a) An Invitation to tea.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) Sending an invitation to view her spring garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 13 that causes Genji to reevaluate his past?
2. Who does Genji admire during his stay in the mountains?
3. In which wing of the palace do Genji and Murasaki live?
4. From what does Genji fall ill at the end of Chapter 4?
5. Who attempts to arrange a meeting between Genji and Utsusemi?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)