|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Genji sleep with when visiting his former nurse?
(b) Rokujo Lady.
(d) Akashi Lady.
2. How long does the debate last regarding Genji and To no Chujo's competition?
(b) Several days.
(d) Several hours.
3. What would hold Genji back from traveling away from home?
(b) His son.
(c) His career.
(d) Rokujo Lady.
4. Who is Genji's former nurse?
5. What news about Tamakazura arises once she is a grown woman?
(a) She is looking for a husband.
(b) She is dating Genji.
(c) She is very beautiful.
(d) She is permiscuous.
6. Where does the Rokujo lady feel the need to travel to during Chapter 10?
7. Which attendant stays faithful to the Safflower princess?
(c) Lady Akashi.
8. Of what is the Suzaku Emperor fond?
(c) The koto.
(d) Harp music.
9. With whom does Genji decide to travel home after living in exile?
(a) A sage.
(b) A monk.
(d) The Suzaku Emporer.
10. What happens in Chapter 13 that causes Genji to reevaluate his past?
(a) An invasion.
(b) Death of a friend.
(c) A storm.
11. What is the Safflower Princesss's reaction to Genji upon his return from exile?
12. What does the Empress Akikonomu send to Murasaki?
(c) An invitation.
(d) Autumn leaves and flowers.
13. What does Yugiri think about Tamakazura?
(a) He is secretly in love with her.
(b) That she is Genji's daughter.
(c) That she is an evil woman.
(d) That she is the daughter of To no Chujo.
14. To whom does Yugiri send a love letter in Chapter 21?
(a) Cho Mihn.
(b) Koremitsu's daughter.
15. What happens to Yugao in Chapter 4?
(a) She moves away.
(b) She becomes very ill.
(c) She dies.
(d) She marries Genji.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which wing of the palace do Genji and Murasaki live?
2. Who is Omi?
3. What do priests attempt to do to Aoi during her pregnancy?
4. What talent does Genji have?
5. What is believed to be the cause of the situation in Genji's homeland since he has left home in Chapter 13?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)