|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Genji discover about casual relationships with women?
(a) That they can be easier than passionate relationships.
(b) He greatly dislikes them.
(c) That they are horrible.
(d) He views them as unecessary.
2. Of what is the Suzaku Emperor fond?
(a) The koto.
(d) Harp music.
3. Who is Omi?
(a) To no Chujo's sage.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A woman that To no Chujo finds very enticing.
(d) A teacher.
4. Why do Genji and To no Chujo decide to compete against each other?
(a) In good fun.
(b) To make money.
(c) To seduce a woman.
(d) The gain attention.
5. Where does the Rokujo lady feel the need to travel to during Chapter 10?
6. What is believed to be the cause of the situation in Genji's homeland since he has left home in Chapter 13?
(a) The weather.
(b) The alignment of the planets.
(c) Genji's exile.
(d) Moon and star formations.
7. Who is the crown prince after the Suzaku emperor's abdication?
(a) Genji's brother.
(b) Genji's son.
(c) To no Chujo.
(d) To no Chujo's son.
8. Genji is in love with a woman whom he cannot have during the beginning of the novel. Who is this woman?
9. Who attempts to arrange a meeting between Genji and Utsusemi?
(a) Utsusemi's father.
(b) Tu no Chujo.
(c) Utsusemi's brother.
(d) Utsusemi's sister.
10. What happens to Genji's mother at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She gives Genji up.
(b) She leaves Genji's father.
(c) She falls ill and dies.
(d) She becomes a nun.
11. Who is Genji's best friend?
(d) To no Chujo.
12. What does Omiya tell Genji in Chapter 29?
(a) She feels that she may die.
(b) That she wishes to go to court.
(c) She asks Genji for a favor.
(d) That she would like to meet Tamakazura.
13. To whom does Yugiri send a love letter in Chapter 21?
(a) Cho Mihn.
(b) Koremitsu's daughter.
14. What would hold Genji back from traveling away from home?
(a) Rokujo Lady.
(c) His career.
(d) His son.
15. Where do the other women in the palace live?
(a) In separate quarters.
(b) The commons rooms.
(c) The Southern wing.
(d) With Genji and Murasaki.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hits Genji's palace in Rokujo?
2. Where does the Princess Asagao live?
3. Where does To no Chujo send Kumoinokari?
4. What do To no Chujo and Genji do as the tension in their relationship disappears?
5. Why does Princess Asagao turn Genji down?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)