1. Who is Genji's best friend?
To no Chujo.
2. What unavailable woman does Genji greatly desire at the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Genji's father do to protect him?
He deems him a commoner.
4. What happens to Genji's mother at the beginning of the novel?
She falls ill and dies.
5. Why does Genji's father marry Fujitsubo?
Because she looks like Genji's mother.
6. Genji is in love with a woman whom he cannot have during the beginning of the novel. Who is this woman?
7. Who attempts to arrange a meeting between Genji and Utsusemi?
This section contains 3,577 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)