|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is believed to be the cause of the situation in Genji's homeland since he has left home in Chapter 13?
(a) The alignment of the planets.
(b) Genji's exile.
(c) The weather.
(d) Moon and star formations.
2. Why does Princess Asagao turn Genji down?
(a) She is busy grieving her father.
(b) He is too old for her.
(c) She doesn't want to be on his list of conquests.
(d) She is in love with someone else.
3. Who does Genji trust to be with him in his preparation for his daughter's initiation?
(b) A few women.
(c) To no Chujo.
4. Where does Genji sit to relax with Yugiri on a hot summer day?
(a) Under the grape vines.
(b) His pavilion.
(c) The garden.
(d) The temple.
5. What does Yugiri eventually convince the Second Princess to do?
(a) To join a convent.
(b) Run away with him to the Suma coast.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Leave her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Omiya tell Genji in Chapter 29?
2. What happens to Tamakazura over the years?
3. What does Genji send to the Safflower Princess after his visit in Chapter 23?
4. What does Genji tell the Safflower Princess when he goes to visit her after his exile?
5. Of what is the Suzaku Emperor fond?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)