|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Suzako Emporer intent on doing that lends him the reason to send the Third Princess away?
(a) Taking holy orders.
(c) Secluding himself in Suma.
(d) Writing a great masterpiece.
2. Where does Genji sit to relax with Yugiri on a hot summer day?
(a) His pavilion.
(b) The temple.
(c) The garden.
(d) Under the grape vines.
3. What does Genji avoid doing at the start of the rule of the Suzaku emperor?
(b) Contacting the new emporer.
(c) Spending time with his children.
(d) Seeing women he has slept with.
4. What are Fujitsubo's intentions after her husband's death?
(a) To begin a relationship with Genji.
(b) To commit suicide.
(c) To become a nun.
(d) To remarry.
5. What happens in Chapter 13 that causes Genji to reevaluate his past?
(a) An invasion.
(b) Death of a friend.
(c) A storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Akashi lady feel when she arrives at her new mansion?
2. What does To no Chujo notice about Kumoinokari when he watches her sleep?
3. What do To no Chujo and Genji do as the tension in their relationship disappears?
4. Where is the Akashi lady's mansion located?
5. What striking feature has the Safflower Princess managed to keep over the years?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)