|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Genji forlorn in Chapter 6?
(a) Due to the death of his mother.
(b) Due to the death of Yugao.
(c) He has lost a competition with To no Chujo.
(d) He has developed a crush on his cousin.
2. What are Fujitsubo's intentions after her husband's death?
(a) To begin a relationship with Genji.
(b) To remarry.
(c) To become a nun.
(d) To commit suicide.
3. What is believed to be the cause of the situation in Genji's homeland since he has left home in Chapter 13?
(a) Moon and star formations.
(b) Genji's exile.
(c) The weather.
(d) The alignment of the planets.
4. What happens in Chapter 13 that causes Genji to reevaluate his past?
(a) An invasion.
(b) Death of a friend.
(c) A storm.
5. Of what is the Suzaku Emperor fond?
(b) The koto.
(c) Harp music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Aoi shortly after she gives birth to her son?
2. What did Genji originally believe was the most desirable thing about the Rokujo Lady?
3. Genji is in love with a woman whom he cannot have during the beginning of the novel. Who is this woman?
4. What talent does Genji have?
5. Who does Genji sleep with when visiting his former nurse?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)