|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Genji fall ill at the end of Chapter 4?
(c) Food poisoning.
2. What does Genji tell the Safflower Princess when he goes to visit her after his exile?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he is married.
(c) He is apologetic.
(d) Stories and tales.
3. What festival does Genji attend at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) The Safflowers.
(b) The Orange Blossoms.
(c) The Cherry Blossoms.
(d) The Festival of Lights.
4. What happens to Genji's mother at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She leaves Genji's father.
(b) She becomes a nun.
(c) She gives Genji up.
(d) She falls ill and dies.
5. Who does Genji send over to the grounds of the Safflower Princess in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which wing of the palace do Genji and Murasaki live?
2. What happens in Chapter 13 that causes Genji to reevaluate his past?
3. What types of gifts does Murasaki send to Genji?
4. Which attendant stays faithful to the Safflower princess?
5. What is believed to be the cause of the situation in Genji's homeland since he has left home in Chapter 13?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)