|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Genji fall ill at the end of Chapter 4?
(b) Food poisoning.
2. Who attempts to arrange a meeting between Genji and Utsusemi?
(a) Utsusemi's father.
(b) Utsusemi's sister.
(c) Utsusemi's brother.
(d) Tu no Chujo.
3. What are Fujitsubo's intentions after her husband's death?
(a) To become a nun.
(b) To commit suicide.
(c) To begin a relationship with Genji.
(d) To remarry.
4. With whom does Genji decide to travel home after living in exile?
(a) A sage.
(c) A monk.
(d) The Suzaku Emporer.
5. Fujitsubo is ashamed of Genji's presence because:
(a) He is dressed very poorly.
(b) She is secretly in love with him.
(c) She is pregnant with his child.
(d) She is having impure thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Genji's mother at the beginning of the novel?
2. What would hold Genji back from traveling away from home?
3. Who is Tayu?
4. Where does the Rokujo lady feel the need to travel to during Chapter 10?
5. What happens to Aoi shortly after she gives birth to her son?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)