|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fujitsubo is ashamed of Genji's presence because:
(a) She is secretly in love with him.
(b) She is having impure thoughts.
(c) She is pregnant with his child.
(d) He is dressed very poorly.
2. Which instrument does Genji play?
(a) The shamisen.
(b) The kalimba.
(c) The sitar.
(d) The koto.
3. What is going on back in Genji's homeland during his time away?
(a) It is in a dismal state.
(b) The weather is very good to farming.
(c) The Suzaku emporer dies.
(d) His homeland is flourishing.
4. Where is the Suzaku Emporer's temple located?
(a) Along the coast.
(b) In the Byodin valley.
(c) The West Mountain.
(d) The East Mountain.
5. What festival does Genji attend at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) The Cherry Blossoms.
(b) The Festival of Lights.
(c) The Safflowers.
(d) The Orange Blossoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 13 that causes Genji to reevaluate his past?
2. Where does Genji send Yugiri in order to comfort his grandmother?
3. Who does Genji fail to support during his exile?
4. What is Genji's opinion of the Third Princess?
5. What is the Suzako Emporer intent on doing that lends him the reason to send the Third Princess away?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)